Author Topic: Anybody here considering game development as a career?  (Read 444 times)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody here considering game development as a career?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 10:45 am »
I prefer to design in a 3D environment too, however if you haven't released anything yet I'd highly recommend getting one project out there that's 2D, both for experience and to generate a little revenue. Of course, you don't have to do any of this stuff if you don't want to, it's just something I'd recommend, and something I am likely to do myself. Once I finish college next year, I'll have to start paying for my own stuff, all the time, so that little income would do me good.

I agree, and I think I'll begin by working on some top down projects.

Online Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 11:55 am »
I agree, and I think I'll begin by working on some top down projects.

I wish you luck with that, there's a lot you can do with a top down game. If you ever need any advice or feedback you can always ask. :)

Moderator, Reviewer, Reviewer Recruiter

Offline swedenplatformge

• Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 06:04 pm »
I was referring more to your strange phrasing. I don't want to be a programmer.

I think everyone has the ability to see ambition, by the way.

My mistake, it was specifically directed towards the programmers-ambitioned ones over here.

Anyhow, yeah I'm not denying that what so ever. That is in-fact indeed the beauty of the human spirit and the power of a human being (regardless of who it is).

Offline Sephei

• Emperor Sephei II of Holland
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
  • I am NOT Arab, I repeat: I am NOT Arab.
    • View Profile
    • My dead YT channel
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 08:20 pm »
As a kid, I really wanted to create concepts for games and storylines and all that good stuff. I was so frustrated that I couldn't execute my ideas properly haha.

Nowadays though, I just want to be a pilot. I know, I've become boring.

Online Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 09:04 am »
As a kid, I really wanted to create concepts for games and storylines and all that good stuff. I was so frustrated that I couldn't execute my ideas properly haha.

Nowadays though, I just want to be a pilot. I know, I've become boring.

I don't think that's boring at all. Before game development, my dream job was to become a pilot. Unfortunately, I haven't been on a plane for a couple of years now, but they've always fascinated me. I also really love taking off, it's one of my favourite things ever. :))

Moderator, Reviewer, Reviewer Recruiter

Offline Bahamut

• 🍆Ecchi Enthusiast🍆
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • dont look at my 2013 crap unless u want cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2019, 02:31 pm »
Not really, but as a mere hobby and nothing else? Yeah.

I don't think I'm the type of guy to be a working game dev. I don't have what it takes. I would rather have a job at a clothing store to get my income from rather than get my income from my games. If I were to be making a full on HUGE game right now, it would be a passion project that's made because I want to make the game I want to see nd have fun doing it rather than to get income or chase clout (i.e. making games as solely let's play material, making games to pander to journalists and other game devs, etc.), kinda like Cave Story and other free but huge indies. It would be a labor of love rather than be a cash cow.