Author Topic: Sonic Is Trash  (Read 574 times)

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Sonic Is Trash
« on: February 28, 2019, 11:22 am »
2013: Sonic Lost World

2014: Sonic Boom Rise Of Lyric + Shattered Crystal

2017: Sonic Forces

2019: Team Sonic Racing

Need I say more?

Oh and... I don't buy the "team sonic racing isn't released yet so don't judge" argument. Not when the game's delay hasn't shown much more improvement for its own sake, (besides the soundtrack).

"i know how to trigger swedenplatformges" -Alon 2019

Offline kingofdanerds

• Kingofdanerds, PhD Memeology
  • Cruiser
  • Distill the life that's inside of me
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Is Trash
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 11:26 am »
I will say that the Sonic series has been deteriorating. But the series as a whole is not entirely trash.

Offline theknockout

• Mainsite Employee
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 01:40 pm »
"a few of the games suck therefore the entire franchise is trash" :thinking:
not sticking around here, this place took a turn for the worse

F

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 04:55 pm »
All those a good games?

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15, 2015
M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 05:21 pm »
I've not played a single sonic game past the ones before 2006, I mostly just play older sonic games like Sonic Adventure (2) or Sonic Heroes from time to time when i get bored and really have nothing else to do, so I don't really know how most sonic games after 2006 are

Offline briterover

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 05:21 pm »
I played some older games and they were actually good.

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 06:46 pm »
Don't know whether I should agree or not about these games. I recently managed to get some old Sonic games on my Wii and I actually enjoyed them.

Offline Awesomefinnz

• Kyle The Wraith
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • Role-Playing Ghost
    • View Profile
    • Pencilverse
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 06:50 pm »
the only sonic related games I played were sonic Rpg series... Which was epic!

Kyle The Wraith

Offline splatter

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 10:21 pm »
Shocked that you of all people would say sonic is bad. lol

I actually kind of want to purchase sonic lost world because I heard it is a slower paced game than the usual sonic game, and that sounds interesting to me.

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 07:07 am »
All those a good games?

If you think all these games are good in every way: Story, gameplay, graphics... Then Imo you're part of the issue in the Sonic series. Because you basically in my eyes tolerate splode. And so, Sonic Team continues to give people splode. I'm not implying all these games are "bad" in their entire structure. But they are definitely nothing special, if you look through their entire structure.

Shocked that you of all people would say sonic is bad. lol

I actually kind of want to purchase sonic lost world because I heard it is a slower paced game than the usual sonic game, and that sounds interesting to me.

That destroys the point of Sonic though... Plus every level plays out differently, so the game lacks an identity in the gameplay apartment. It was advertised as a parkour-ish game, but turned out to lack an identity if you look objectively through how every level plays out differently from one another.

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 07:09 am »
I will say that the Sonic series has been deteriorating. But the series as a whole is not entirely trash.

Yeah, sure there are still good things within the series... I didn't say that there wasn't, but damn has the series got unambitious since 2010. We have gotten variations of green hill zones ever since 2010 (and chemical plant zone). That's why GREEN HILL ZONE is the final boss in my Sonic sploder plat, it's because of how bloody annoying green hill zone has now become.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 10:05 pm »
If you think all these games are good in every way: Story, gameplay, graphics... Then Imo you're part of the issue in the Sonic series. Because you basically in my eyes tolerate splode. And so, Sonic Team continues to give people splode. I'm not implying all these games are "bad" in their entire structure. But they are definitely nothing special, if you look through their entire structure.

That destroys the point of Sonic though... Plus every level plays out differently, so the game lacks an identity in the gameplay apartment. It was advertised as a parkour-ish game, but turned out to lack an identity if you look objectively through how every level plays out differently from one another.
I have to tell you that you are 100% completely wrong about that! I do not tolerate splode. I don’t tolerate the direction the paper Mario Series is headed. Or any series that turned to splode.  But sonic has not! It stayed strong all this time. I haven’t played 06 but, the worst sonic game I played was Sonic Colors, which it was only a mediocre game to be 100% honest. Lost World had really well structured levels, Sonic BOOM isn’t really a sonic as it is a spin off series but, it had great sequences at least from what I seen(I haven’t played this either), Sonic Forces had levels that were short and sweet and once you play it, you could not stop as it is really great, Sonic Mania is easily the best game on the Nintendo Switch as it had incredible platforming and it brings a lot of joy, and Team Sonic Racing looks amazing, especially from my knowledge on how Sega makes racing games, you would know it would be really amazing, I think it would be the Major come back for racing games and of course it’s already way better than the Switch’s Mario Kart. It looks really interesting on its design and everything.

MOTY:

M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline goldensaur

• Turret
  • Stay determined!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 04:49 am »
i think every sonic game is a universe on its own with different sonics
classic sonic (one for each classic game, generations, forces)
sonic the hedgehog 1993 tv series's sonic
adventures of sonic the hedgehog's sonic
sonic underground's sonic
sonic x's sonic
sonic 06's sonic
modern sonic (one for each modern game)
sonic boom's sonic
new sonic movie's sonic

it can be seen through other chararcters as well they're different
tails was once ready to fight, in classic always, in adventure/2/heroes/06/advance but in unleashed/colors/generations/forces he doesn't anymore, it's only sonic (or OC) gameplays,
also knuckles, once always there to protect his master emerald, until heroes,
and eggman too, every game eggman gets more insane (mentally), it is visibily seen in generations that classic thinks modern is insane (noticable without him even saying that) and he got more insane in forces

anyway... i like sonic games, but they literally cannot make sense together, i know the reason it happens is because they use sonic as a test subject, which is the worst desicion of all time, tests like these should work behind the scenes, in games less popular (not franchises, that should be forbidden), the worst part is that they are aware about these thing (noted from sonic boom's 4th wall breakings) and they do no intend to change their ways back to what made people love sonic games (except mania of course, which was a big salvation)
Trolluminati

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 06:10 pm »
I have to tell you that you are 100% completely wrong about that! I do not tolerate splode. I don’t tolerate the direction the paper Mario Series is headed. Or any series that turned to splode.  But sonic has not! It stayed strong all this time. I haven’t played 06 but, the worst sonic game I played was Sonic Colors, which it was only a mediocre game to be 100% honest. Lost World had really well structured levels, Sonic BOOM isn’t really a sonic as it is a spin off series but, it had great sequences at least from what I seen(I haven’t played this either), Sonic Forces had levels that were short and sweet and once you play it, you could not stop as it is really great, Sonic Mania is easily the best game on the Nintendo Switch as it had incredible platforming and it brings a lot of joy, and Team Sonic Racing looks amazing, especially from my knowledge on how Sega makes racing games, you would know it would be really amazing, I think it would be the Major come back for racing games and of course it’s already way better than the Switch’s Mario Kart. It looks really interesting on its design and everything.

Just look at the popular opinions though... Sonic Lost World, the boom games, etc. Aren't very good to the majority of the people (and yes, that includes Sonic fans). Your voice is irrelevant to the majority and what the majority wants, of which are the ones who will save the series by buying its games, if the games deliver to them. Also, the fact that you're defending Sonic Boom Rol is just cringe, and once you started doing that you already lost the argument.

There are countless videos showing the many framerate, draw-distance, bugs, glitches that the game suffers from. The game even glitches out in some cutscenes and makes weird buzzing sounds... A game like that is objectively (which is just the case) HORRIBLE to the majority of the public. And why tf would it not be? It's a broken product that can't even get the most basic things working...

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 06:11 pm »
i think every sonic game is a universe on its own with different sonics
classic sonic (one for each classic game, generations, forces)
sonic the hedgehog 1993 tv series's sonic
adventures of sonic the hedgehog's sonic
sonic underground's sonic
sonic x's sonic
sonic 06's sonic
modern sonic (one for each modern game)
sonic boom's sonic
new sonic movie's sonic

it can be seen through other chararcters as well they're different
tails was once ready to fight, in classic always, in adventure/2/heroes/06/advance but in unleashed/colors/generations/forces he doesn't anymore, it's only sonic (or OC) gameplays,
also knuckles, once always there to protect his master emerald, until heroes,
and eggman too, every game eggman gets more insane (mentally), it is visibily seen in generations that classic thinks modern is insane (noticable without him even saying that) and he got more insane in forces

anyway... i like sonic games, but they literally cannot make sense together, i know the reason it happens is because they use sonic as a test subject, which is the worst desicion of all time, tests like these should work behind the scenes, in games less popular (not franchises, that should be forbidden), the worst part is that they are aware about these thing (noted from sonic boom's 4th wall breakings) and they do no intend to change their ways back to what made people love sonic games (except mania of course, which was a big salvation)

I don't like the idea of Classic Sonic being "its own Sonic". It weakens the brand, Imo, even though that is now canon now indeed. 

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 06:12 pm »
Just look at the popular opinions though... Sonic Lost World, the boom games, etc. Aren't very good to the majority of the people (and yes, that includes Sonic fans). Your voice is irrelevant to the majority and what the majority wants, of which are the ones who will save the series by buying its games, if the games deliver to them. Also, the fact that you're defending Sonic Boom Rol is just cringe, and once you started doing that you already lost the argument.

There are countless videos showing the many framerate, draw-distance, bugs, glitches that the game suffers from. The game even glitches out in some cutscenes and makes weird buzzing sounds... A game like that is objectively (which is just the case) HORRIBLE to the majority of the public. And why tf would it not be? It's a broken product that can't even get the most basic things working...
If a game is bad due to glitches, then every single game would be a bad game.

MOTY:

M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 06:23 pm »
If a game is bad due to glitches, then every single game would be a bad game.

MANY glitches.

Offline Image

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 07:53 pm »
But we also have games like Shadow the Hedgehog, with guns where he is edgy and swears when he falls off of a platform and skates. So it's impossible to say whether the franchise as a whole is bad

Offline Sephei

• Turtle Enthusiast 🐢
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • I'm Darth Mario for all the discord users
    • View Profile
    • My dead YT channel
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 08:36 pm »
I kind of liked sonic lost world tbh. As for the rest of them, yeah they really do suck. At least we got Sonic Mania though.

Offline theloaf56

• Soldier
  • Turret
  • Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06 pm »
Lost World is decent, but the rest of the games mentioned, yeah....

Although TSR hasn't even come out yet so uh

Offline Supersonic72

• Linguine
  • Soldier
  • Turret
  • They call me Linguine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 11:37 am »
Lost World is okay. Team Sonic Racing looks like it'll be okay too. Obviously of course when it comes to this franchise I want more than "okay"; This meandering of constant averageness on Sonic Team's part is growing tiresome and that is something I'll agree with you on. I mean, I used to love this franchise because of it's ambition in everything it did and that seems to be lost on the series as of the last few years-- Buuuut I don't think calling the current series trash would be a correct statement, especially with Mania and potentially more Sonic games like that on the rise.

Offline wordigirl

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • God bless you friend. Always praying for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 09:17 pm »
But we also have games like Shadow the Hedgehog, with guns where he is edgy and swears when he falls off of a platform and skates. So it's impossible to say whether the franchise as a whole is bad
And I would say that particular game is the worst of the Sonic franchise. Sorry.
Sorry, Epico. :'(
God bless you all.

Offline duck5557474

• House League of Society Owner
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command!
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 09:36 pm »
I despise Sonic!

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duck5557474

Offline Image

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 10:03 pm »
And I would say that particular game is the worst of the Sonic franchise. Sorry.

lol I was being facetious. ur right, it's bad.

My favorite would probably have to be the 2D sidescrolling ones, because I have lots of memories with those. And Sonic Adventure Battle 2, obvi

Offline wordigirl

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • God bless you friend. Always praying for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 12:30 pm »
lol I was being facetious. ur right, it's bad.

My favorite would probably have to be the 2D sidescrolling ones, because I have lots of memories with those. And Sonic Adventure Battle 2, obvi
yeah  lol
Sorry, Epico. :'(
God bless you all.

Offline Bahamut

• 🍆Ecchi Enthusiast🍆
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • dont look at my 2013 crap unless u want cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 02:21 pm »
Well, I'm a mixed bag. Some games good (Adventure 2, Advance and Rush series, LW is a guilty pleasure), some games bad (at least from what I've seen of them), some games I just didn't play or care for. I used to nut over this series a lot back in my Sonic fanboy days, even making edgy Sonic OCs after seeing some designs myself. Nowadays I like it, but I'm not too crazy about it as I used to as I've invested my time with other franchises and games. Overall Sonic is of mixed quality IMO, good but not the greatest, and definitely not as good as I thought it was.

I do think there are better Sega series out there, like Virtual-ON.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 03:31 pm »
Sonic looks fun, haven't ever played it
8)

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 01:55 pm »

I can understand you not liking it, but saying it is the worst? Nah, that's just too far Imo. Just look at Sonic Boom Rol for example, that game is soooooo boring, it lacks energy in the gameplay (slow boring combat, boring puzzles, slow and depressing platforming) plus its soundtrack makes you wanna commit suicide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6lgqcPt7GA

Okay I was overreacting with that last one tbh... But you get my point. It basically goes against ENERGY which is the main factor of Sonic to make him GOOD (to most people). While yes, Shadow the hedgehog (I haven't personally played it yet) might have broken- or rather unpolished gameplay. And might have "too much edge", at least that game had an identity.

While yes, a very edgy game.. It went with the idea of being edgy (all the way). While Forces doesn't even dare to show Sonic being tortured... Even though it uses such edgy lines. I think Forces if anything is worse than Shadow the hedgehog because Sonic Forces has no vision (because at least Shadow knew for certain to be 100% edgy). But Forces doesn't know which audience it targets against... And the edgy dialogue which doesn't suit the cutscenes' contexts is proof of that.

Agree to disagree though.

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 01:57 pm »
Sonic looks fun, haven't ever played it

I'm glad you still have optimism for him regardless of what I say. I still stand by my recommendations:

Sonic 1 (app store)

Sonic 2 (app store)

Sonic CD (app store)

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

These are all games I think you could enjoy.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 03:30 pm »
I'm glad you still have optimism for him regardless of what I say. I still stand by my recommendations:

Sonic 1 (app store)

Sonic 2 (app store)

Sonic CD (app store)

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

These are all games I think you could enjoy.
I'll try one
8)