Author Topic: Come here to retrieve lost accounts  (Read 459 times)

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
Come here to retrieve lost accounts
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:05 pm »
If you have forgotten the password to an old account and want access back, PM me with the account name, some sort of proof it's yours, and a temporary password you would like it changed to. I noticed a lot of people here mentioning losing access to their accounts, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
Re: Come here to retrieve lost accounts
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:59 pm »
If this thread would've been made sooner, I'd have taken this opportunity. However, I'll keep this account now.

Moderator, Reviewer, Reviewer Recruiter

Offline Brocky

• KrewLife
  • General
  • Mogura
  • Im Brocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:03 pm »
If this thread would've been made sooner, I'd have taken this opportunity. However, I'll keep this account now.

Quite frankly, it's not our responsibility to remember your password to your account so you are lucky that the staff are even doing this in general. Get outta here with your "If only you did this sooner" splode.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 09:06 pm »
Quite frankly, it's not our responsibility to remember your password to your account so you are lucky that the staff are even doing this in general. Get outta here with your "If only you did this sooner" splode.

First of all, I think you're forgetting that this backup of the forum was from 6 years ago, and it's very easy to have forgotten your password since then, especially as we tend to change them over time to protect our accounts. And if you ask me, I think it should be the staff's responsibility to deal with these things anyway, especially with the forum's current situation.

You seem to have taken a lot of offense to such a simple comment - chill. I wasn't trying to be an splode, but what I just said still stands.

Offline Brocky

• KrewLife
  • General
  • Mogura
  • Im Brocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 09:25 pm »
First of all, I think you're forgetting that this backup of the forum was from 6 years ago, and it's very easy to have forgotten your password since then, especially as we tend to change them over time to protect our accounts. And if you ask me, I think it should be the staff's responsibility to deal with these things anyway, especially with the forum's current situation.

You seem to have taken a lot of offense to such a simple comment - chill. I wasn't trying to be an splode, but what I just said still stands.

You've missed the entire point. It's not our responsibility but we are doing it anyway. Saying that we should have done this sooner is you acting completely entitled over something that the mods are doing out of the goodness of their hearts. We have no obligation to do this at all yet we have. Considering the forums current situation, that's completely irrelevent.

Is it the staffs responsibility to deal with it if people ask? Sure, and we already have been.
Is it the staffs responsibility to look after your account because you don't keep track of things? No. You can remember a songs lyrics from 2010, why cant you remember a password? I remembered my password just fine, and that was from 2008.

If you think i'm taking offense to your comment however, you are mistaken, I'm just calling you out for being entitled. Because that's exactly what you were being.

Anyways, I don't want to argue and discuss, and I'm sure you don't want to either, so I'm going to leave it at that. I dont comment much here anymore, and I'm happy keeping it that way.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 09:31 pm »
You've missed the entire point. It's not our responsibility but we are doing it anyway. Saying that we should have done this sooner is you acting completely entitled over something that the mods are doing out of the goodness of their hearts. We have no obligation to do this at all yet we have. Considering the forums current situation, that's completely irrelevent.

Is it the staffs responsibility to deal with it if people ask? Sure, and we already have been.
Is it the staffs responsibility to look after your account because you don't keep track of things? No. You can remember a songs lyrics from 2010, why cant you remember a password? I remembered my password just fine, and that was from 2008.

If you think i'm taking offense to your comment however, you are mistaken, I'm just calling you out for being entitled. Because that's exactly what you were being.

Anyways, I don't want to argue and discuss, and I'm sure you don't want to either, so I'm going to leave it at that. I dont comment much here anymore, and I'm happy keeping it that way.

I completely disagree with you, but since neither of us wish to argue, let's agree to disagree.

Offline Meta KnighT

• ----> [ǝɹᴉɐuoᴉllᴉW] <----
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 11:34 pm »

Hey there, as a forum moderator you do inherently assume responsibilities and others shouldn't just be fortunate about your "willingness to spend your valuable time helping them from the goodness of your heart" bs.  Nobody is making you be a moderator; you're doing it because you want to be one.  You could very easily leave your position right now if you wanted to.  If anyone  is being entitled, it is you and the moderators for assuming you can just sit there and not do anything and expect that to be "ok."  If you are a moderator, then you should be doing what you can to fulfill the member's needs and help the community out, stop acting like you are doing everyone a generous server just because you have to lift a finger to actually do something around here rather than just sitting in the LL and getting others to act out your personal agendas on here.

You're happy putting minimal effort into the simple task of commenting and being an active member of the community yourself?  Well, at least your willing to admit that you aren't doing much for the site.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:38 pm by Meta KnighT »
🇱🇷 Make Sploder Great Again! 🇱🇷

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 12:22 am »
Fellas!!! Guys!!! Homies!!! It's okay!!!

Offline jigglypuff12345

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 12:28 am »
sticki tries to do something nice for people and this is what he gets...

Offline mk6520

• Cruiser
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 01:14 am »
Its weird how arguments fire up quickly in forums...At least sticki is doing well to not get mad  :P

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 01:20 am »
G e e z

edit: Completely agree with meta, couldnt put it any better
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:40 am by Proxy »
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 01:26 am »
Hey there, as a forum moderator you do inherently assume responsibilities and others shouldn't just be fortunate about your "willingness to spend your valuable time helping them from the goodness of your heart" bs.  Nobody is making you be a moderator; you're doing it because you want to be one.  You could very easily leave your position right now if you wanted to.  If anyone  is being entitled, it is you and the moderators for assuming you can just sit there and not do anything and expect that to be "ok."  If you are a moderator, then you should be doing what you can to fulfill the member's needs and help the community out, stop acting like you are doing everyone a generous server just because you have to lift a finger to actually do something around here rather than just sitting in the LL and getting others to act out your personal agendas on here.

You're happy putting minimal effort into the simple task of commenting and being an active member of the community yourself?  Well, at least your willing to admit that you aren't doing much for the site.

I agree.

Offline freefallsonic

• Guard
  • N/A
    • View Profile
    • http://nyanit.com/forums.sploder.com/index.php?action=profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 01:43 am »
brocky's demotion: the movie
/\
                                   ,'  `.
                                 ,'      `.
                              ,-'          `-.
                             \                /
                              \              /
                               \

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 06:05 am »
splode what happened here then mate

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07 am »
I ain’t starting splode but like song lyrics are probably easier to remember an all because you listened to them numerous times and they have catchy tones an splode. Passwords are forgettable because you have so many and it becomes foggy an all that. Like a password is something you might’ve made when you were a kid and don’t lyrics weren’t made by you, if you catch my drift.

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 06:08 am »
splode that sounded british sorry lads 😎

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 07:41 am »

I ain’t starting splode but like song lyrics are probably easier to remember an all because you listened to them numerous times and they have catchy tones an splode. Passwords are forgettable because you have so many and it becomes foggy an all that. Like a password is something you might’ve made when you were a kid and don’t lyrics weren’t made by you, if you catch my drift.
Yes
8)

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 07:45 am »
Also, Geoff gave you the power to do this, so why can't you? Reviewing does not make you nice, so why should changing a password
8)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 09:32 am »
splode that sounded british sorry lads 😎

You ARE British. :)

Offline Brocky

• KrewLife
  • General
  • Mogura
  • Im Brocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 09:56 am »

I haven't been involved in the moderating of this forums ever since I promoted Sticki, if you paid attention you'd know that. I'm a General right now because I was chosen by the big man, not because I wanted to be one. I'm an overseer and someone the big man can talk to if he needs me to do something, thats my role on the forums, running the day to day operations is not.

You threw out the words about the mods sitting there and not doing anything, yet they've been doing the complete opposite of that the entire time this old forum re-opened itself back up. You don't seem to get it. The passwords have been getting reset this entire time. Instead of getting a thanks what do the mods receive? "You should have done this sooner." Your entire argument is about mods not doing anything, rather than what the actual topic is about and what my original response to Bricc was about, which is about how thats such an entitled statement to make. Which it is.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:05 am by Brocky »

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 10:09 am »
You ARE British. :)
yeah at least that’s the excuse lmao

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 10:14 am »
I don’t think it’s that deep

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 10:22 am »

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 03:43 pm »
I haven't been involved in the moderating of this forums ever since I promoted Sticki, if you paid attention you'd know that. I'm a General right now because I was chosen by the big man, not because I wanted to be one. I'm an overseer and someone the big man can talk to if he needs me to do something, thats my role on the forums, running the day to day operations is not.

You threw out the words about the mods sitting there and not doing anything, yet they've been doing the complete opposite of that the entire time this old forum re-opened itself back up. You don't seem to get it. The passwords have been getting reset this entire time. Instead of getting a thanks what do the mods receive? "You should have done this sooner." Your entire argument is about mods not doing anything, rather than what the actual topic is about and what my original response to Bricc was about, which is about how thats such an entitled statement to make. Which it is.
Does the prime minister argue about not getting thanked 24/7? no... does he complain about people giving feedback... no?
8)

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 04:43 pm »
Feel free to PM me any complaints you might have as well and I'll take each and every one seriously!!

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 04:43 pm »
Feel free to PM me any complaints you might have as well and I'll take each and every one seriously!!
That's good of you thx
8)

Offline Marknut IV

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 09:43 pm »
Marknuuuuuut

plz ty

Offline 12stasia

• Danielle
  • Turret
  • Haiiiiii. I'm Danny. :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10 am »
Well, looks like this supposed "innocent" thread escalated quite quickly.
Idk.  :P

Offline batte

• Alien
  • Turret
  • originally joined the forums october 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2019, 12:26 am »
can i still retrieve a lost account even if i made a new one? im sorry if this is a stupid question lol

Offline charichiha

• General
  • Mortar
  • Purity EGD7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2019, 03:18 am »
can i still retrieve a lost account even if i made a new one? im sorry if this is a stupid question lol
yes you can