Author Topic: [DeNiEd D8<] We're Gonna Need a Bigger Raft - A review of "Raft" by Bricc  (Read 1016 times)

Offline lifedollars

• go away
  • Speeder
  • zqazxhcf4hewkncmvrewqortufchsle03452cjkrw
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm lifedollars, or 44lifedollars on the main site. I am currently trying to apply for the reviewer position. This is my application. This is a review for a game called "Raft" by Bricc. Who knew a very simple game could get Bricc some major popularity? Well, it is one of the best games I've ever played. This probably isn't the first time someone has reviewed this game.

The entire objective of this game is to build a raft with the provided planks and sail through a stream. Once you reach the green area, you win. This game really makes a statement. This is what the Physics Puzzle Maker was released for. It was never made for games about Pacman eating things and games portraying other users inappropriately.

The game isn't very easy, at times you have a limited amount of pieces and even a time limit. But the visuals are incredible. The terrain drawing is so exquisite. If I were an editor, I would feature this game in a single heartbeat. At times the player can fall into the water and drown. That way, you will need to build a raft that is perfect for the drop so that it doesn't fall over.

Bricc did a really good job executing the game. It always is interesting. You start from a simple ride inside a stream in the grasslands, and then you fall into a volcano and have to ride through lava. Apart from that, the thumbnail is pretty awesome.

The game was also very clever. There is a transparent line that the player can never pass through no matter how hard you try. Like trying to push down a wall. You'll never get anywhere trying to do so. The game also can get interesting. The motivational messages at the start can be helpful.

Bricc admits he has a few errors inside the game but he will fix them. This is good. Not all members promise they will fix the game. He even announced a possible sequel. I cannot WAIT for the sequel to come out.

I like the story. This game actually has meaning. Unlike those other games where you just have to eat stuff and collect coins or even just sit around and wait a few seconds before winning. The gameplay is also fantastic. I think this game is a huge success for Bricc. He's also made more good games like "Visualize" and "Oppose." You should check those out.

That about sums up this review. Personally, this is a home run. 10/10. I wish I could give it an 11/10 but it's still one of my favorite games. I hope we can see just as good from Bricc in the future.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 08:15 am by lifedollars »

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
 Gl, man.
8)

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. As for the review, it lacks content. There is nothing set in stone for how long a review should be, but this is quite obviously too short. You are really brief with a lot of the things you cover, such as the part where you said that the thumbnail is awesome or where you said the game is always interesting - why is this the case?

You clearly show your opinion about elements of the game throughout the review, but you never seem to go into detail and therefore it isn't as such a "review".

I'm not a recruiter, so I can neither accept or deny you, but these are some points you should definitely take on board for your next review. Once again, thanks for choosing my game and good luck! :)

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
I couldn’t have said it better myself, definitely take Bricc’s advice on board. You also seemed to lack flow, and as a result the review was very dry. I’m glad I’ve played the game before because you really struggled to craft the elements of the game into imagery. Because of my reasons and Bricc’s I’m going to deny this.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Bricc you should try out for recruiter

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
Bricc you should try out for recruiter

Maybe I will soon. 8)

And better luck next time Dollars! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:12 am by Bricc »

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
It was very short, and I felt like you overrated it a bit (subjective. however) and you just said that bricc did good in different terms the whole time. You didn't go into depth at all, I would, if i was a recruiter, deny this
8)

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
It was very short, and I felt like you overrated it a bit (subjective. however) and you just said that bricc did good in different terms the whole time. You didn't go into depth at all, I would, if i was a recruiter, deny this
why did you need to bump this?

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
why did you need to bump this?

He was giving feedback on old applications to show Sean he would be able to do the job of a recruiter since there are no new ones currently.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
He was giving feedback on old applications to show Sean he would be able to do the job of a recruiter since there are no new ones currently.
^
8)

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
oh okay, kinda odd but okay

Offline lifedollars

• go away
  • Speeder
  • zqazxhcf4hewkncmvrewqortufchsle03452cjkrw
    • View Profile
PLEASE STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
PLEASE STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD

All application threads in this board are my property.