Author Topic: [HYPE] Bricc Remastered Trilogy - Bricc (PPG)  (Read 339 times)

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
[HYPE] Bricc Remastered Trilogy - Bricc (PPG)
« on: February 15, 2019, 01:14 pm »
Bricc Remastered Trilogy

Welcome to my big upcoming project, Bricc Remastered Trilogy. You may have noticed that my games "Oppose" and "Visualize" have been removed from my profile. This is because I am not happy with the finished products; every game released on my account should be of a high quality, and these two games don't quite meet my standards. I was going to make Raft: Expansion, however I will instead combine it into this game to create a game containing 3 remastered versions of my old games which contain much better art and improved gameplay.

The first 3 levels will be Raft: Remastered. It will be the replacement for Raft: Expansion, because the truth is I don't feel like making a full game for it, especially as it uses the same concept as my previously published game, Raft. The first level will be fairly easy and reminiscent of the first level of Raft and very easy. I won't spoil any details about the next two levels since they are completely original and not based off any areas in the original Raft. The gameplay in Raft: Remastered will be much more consistent than the original and pretty much bug free. I am really looking forward to showcasing this in the future.

The next 3 levels will be Visualize: Remastered. The original game was fairly well received, but failed to achieve a feature and I knew I could improve on it much more. As with all of the games within the trilogy, the first level will be much easier than the other two. The original game was put together very quickly without enough planning and that is why it didn't do as well as I had hoped. I hope to add a few new twists in this edition of Visualize and hope you will all enjoy it.

The final 2 playable levels will be Oppose: Remastered. This is a game that I had some really neat ideas for, but failed to execute well because I got tired of working on the project too quickly. In this remastered version, I hope to include some of those ideas and make it a much more enjoyable experience. Instead of the player rolling instantly, the player will have time to plan out their route for it to go and then press a simulate button to start, similar to Raft. There will be more ways to kill the player in this version and may or may not continue to be solely keyboard based; the mouse may be involved with this version too! I hope I can make up and satisfy you with this version as opposed to the original... :))

So there you have it, this is what I am and have been working on. I hope you like the idea of this, where I have 3 games combined into one, but with each one being improved in just about every way. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this gets received!

Removed Games

I have removed "Visualize" and "Oppose" from my public account, but the games are still uploaded privately. I will provide links below if you would like to view them. I kept these games so you can play through them if you want and see how much better the Bricc Remastered Trilogy is once it's released.

Visualize: http://www.sploder.com/publish.php?s=d005gb7k
Oppose: http://www.sploder.com/publish.php?s=d005ggoq

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
Re: [HYPE] Bricc Remastered Trilogy - Bricc (PPG)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:46 pm »
Why would you remove those? Just because they aren't featured doesn't mean they are bad! Plus they could be featured later on
8)

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 03:51 pm »
Why would you remove those? Just because they aren't featured doesn't mean they are bad! Plus they could be featured later on

Forget what I said about them not being feature worthy, I just wasn't happy with them because they didn't meet my standards. I want to be known as a quality game maker and I feel those games do not help my cause. This project is a way of incorporating all those games, not wasting the ideas and improving them.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 04:06 pm »
Forget what I said about them not being feature worthy, I just wasn't happy with them because they didn't meet my standards. I want to be known as a quality game maker and I feel those games do not help my cause. This project is a way of incorporating all those games, not wasting the ideas and improving them.
Name isn't everything. I've spent a while trying to be "a quality game maker" and look what happened? I was inactive for half a year because of boredum and frustration. As soon as I come back without standards, I get a feature on the FIRST GAME I MAKE after break
8)

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 04:14 pm »
Name isn't everything. I've spent a while trying to be "a quality game maker" and look what happened? I was inactive for half a year because of boredum and frustration. As soon as I come back without standards, I get a feature on the FIRST GAME I MAKE after break

I refuse to become demotivated; I've already recently achieved one of the goals I never could years ago (a feature). I aim to continue surpassing my own expectations and if I end up slowing down, so be it. I want to be a game developer myself when I grow up and setting standards never hurts. If you don't meet them, you just figure out your weaknesses.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 04:18 pm »
I refuse to become demotivated; I've already recently achieved one of the goals I never could years ago (a feature). I aim to continue surpassing my own expectations and if I end up slowing down, so be it. I want to be a game developer myself when I grow up and setting standards never hurts. If you don't meet them, you just figure out your weaknesses.
i respect your opinion and support you none the less  ;) just dont set the bar too high, or else if you fail (which im not saying you will) it hurts, I know this from personal experience
8)

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 04:21 pm »
i respect your opinion and support you none the less  ;) just dont set the bar too high, or else if you fail (which im not saying you will) it hurts, I know this from personal experience

Thanks, I know if I ever need a hand testing something, feedback or even just a little advice I can count on you. :D

And yeah, but the satisfaction of releasing something where the outcome feels worth the time you spent on the project is totally worth it in my eyes. I understand your point, though, because I have done exactly that and failed with certain things outside of Sploder. :)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 01:20 am »

Features shouldn't matter as much as personal fulfillment and innovation.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 01:11 pm »
Features shouldn't matter as much as personal fulfillment and innovation.
yes, but i never got a feature outside of EGD before that
8)