Author Topic: The Champions League Group Stages (Football Thread)  (Read 463 times)

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
Re: The Champions League Group Stages (Football Thread)
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2019, 04:54 pm »
is this really worth an aggressive caps lock debate? lmao
Which is why I don't use caps lock
8)

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2019, 09:28 pm »
is this really worth an aggressive caps lock debate? lmao
lol cant be bothered changing caps :P

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Guard
  • My sense of humor is atrocious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 02:47 pm »
PREVIEW:

Borussia Dortmund (HOME) (GERMANY) (0) vs Tottenham Hotspurs (3) (AWAY) (ENGLAND)

To most, Spurs are already through. However, comebacks have occurred before in the Champions League, and Dortmund will certainly bring their best to this game, as they have nothing to lose. They will be boosted with the return of Marco Reus and Paco Alcacer, and without a doubt we shall see them on the attack for the majority of the game. Tottenham, on the other hand, will welcome back star striker Harry Kane, who missed February because of an injury in Tottenham's 1-0 loss to Manchester United. Kane returned to action a few days back, as he scored a penalty in the last few minutes in the North London derby against Arsenal, out of which Tottenham could only salvage a draw. Dortmund will head into this game having drawn their last league fixture as well. Coming onto the Champions League itself, very few believe Dortmund have a chance, and the stats suggest Spurs will go through as well. No team has ever progressed into the next round having lost the first leg 3-0, so Dortmund will truly have to make history if they are to progress.

PREDICTION:

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Tottenham Hotspurs. I expect a fight from Dortmund, but ultimately there is simply no way they will be able to progress. Tottenham dominated proceedings in the reverse fixture, and they should be going through, with the lead they've got.

Real Madrid (HOME) (SPAIN) (2) vs Ajax (1) (AWAY) (NETHERLANDS)

The first leg was enthralling, but in the end, Real Madrid managed to leave Amsterdam with 2 potentially precious away goals. However, Ajax were the side who controlled the game, and perhaps would have felt they deserved more from that fixture. Nonetheless, they will be focused on getting a better result in Madrid. They do have a daunting task ahead of them; but they will know Madrid have hardly been at their best in recent weeks. They failed to beat bitter rivals Barcelona in the Copa Del Ray and LaLiga, and the controversy surrounding star player Gareth Bale has caused many supporters to turn on the club itself; in other words, those in attendance at the Santiago Bernabeu might not be as faithful to their club as usual. Ajax do face a stern challenge nonetheless. They have not beaten Real in their last 7 meetings, in which they only managed to score 3 goals. It also been 22 years since Ajax last progressed through a Champions League knockout stage tie - they did so in 1997, when they beat Real's local rivals Atletico Madrid. That was also the last occasion where Ajax won an away game in the Champions League. But in the end, this is football, and anything is possible.

PREDICTIONS:

Real Madrid 0-2 Ajax. Yes, I am predicting an Ajax victory. I just don't think Real have been at their best, and they probably won't have much possession, either. Ajax will, though, and you bet they'll make something out of it.
Remorse does not atone for the actions of the guilty.