Author Topic: How to #MakeSploderGreatAgain  (Read 214 times)

Offline Meta KnighT

• ----> [ǝɹᴉɐuoᴉllᴉW] <----
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
How to #MakeSploderGreatAgain
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:43 pm »
1) Make sure the staff actively and clearly communicate with members what they hope to accomplish and suggest improvements if they see them so that the public is fully aware of them.  For instance, if forums moderators want a recruitment center to be changed up, then they tell that member.  If forums moderators want a board, such as the Debate Tower, run differently, then they communicate these ideas clearly to the member in charge of the Debate Tower.  In doing this, they can ensure ever member is in the same page and everyone feels adequately adressed and valued in the community.  If members don’t comply, then further actions can be taken.
2) Start new initiates to engage members.  This can include temporary events like  game shows, forum weekend events, game-making competitions, etc. or more long-term categories and boards.   There are truly a wide range of possibilities as far as this goes.  By continually starting up new events, this can allow members to feel engaged and have a consistent reason to come back and check on Sploder.  This is a small community so having events that keep everyone interested and involved could definitely go a long way.
3) Ensure a diversity of thoughts in the staff.  While it obviously makes it easier when everyone agrees on most issues and it may seem like more people are on the same page, debates can allow for new and better ideas to develop and form.  Diversity of thought can allow moderators to reach new conclusions that take into account a wide range of opinions from all members on the site. 
4) Active members are promoted to leadership positions and inactive members are demoted.  If people keep their positions for doing nothing, things can get stagnant.  If people have no potential to move to a position where they can further get their ideas accomplished, this can demotivate them to continue staying on there site.  Those who are most active should be the ones who largely determine what direction the site goes in. 
5) Provide people a reason to keep coming back.  While this goes in line with the other ideas, it’s important that people feel a reason to keep coming back and don’t feel distanced from the community.  With members leaving, this is more important that other.  Items 1-4 in this list are some of the many ways that can be used to help accomplish this.
🇱🇷 Make Sploder Great Again! 🇱🇷

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
Re: How to #MakeSploderGreatAgain
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 11:56 pm »
#DiversityOfThoughtNotDiversityOfGender&Sexuality
#MakeSploderGreatAgain
#MSGA

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 11:58 pm »
#DiversityOfThoughtNotDiversityOfGender&Sexuality
Why not both?

Offline Jaykze

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 06:26 am »
I want my proper account lol

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 07:46 am »
Oh...
8)

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23 am »
I want my proper account lol
Same here.  I changed my password right after I first started logging in so I have no idea with the password my 4ninja4 account is linked up with. :-X

Also, it’s nice to see you back!  How have things been going?

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 08:24 am »

Offline Jaykze

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 11:16 am »
Same here.  I changed my password right after I first started logging in so I have no idea with the password my 4ninja4 account is linked up with. :-X

Also, it’s nice to see you back!  How have things been going?
Good to be back man haha and same old really lol. Nothing special, how about you?

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Guard
  • My sense of humor is atrocious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 11:56 am »
Honestly, there's a lot of ways to make Sploder great again. But we can start by doing something about the Flash thing. If it's possible that we can still keep making games, I say go for it. As for the Staff, well, I doubt my views will count for much so I'll keep them to myself. Nevertheless, I hope Sploder becomes great once more.
Remorse does not atone for the actions of the guilty.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:26 pm »
Yes?
How can a normal person help? That's what I was here for to see is I could do anything but I realized no, not really, so I said oh
8)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55 pm »
As for the Staff, well, I doubt my views will count for much so I'll keep them to myself.
Speak up! Everybody's opinion is valued here. Are you worried that you'll be punished?

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 04:57 pm »
Voicing your concerns with the staff team is much appreciated and we will try to work with what we have to ensure the user's opinion is favored as much as possible.