Author Topic: The Takeover  (Read 106 times)

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
The Takeover
« on: January 24, 2019, 04:16 am »
So, this is a story whose plot randomly came into my mind, and when it did, I decided to write it out. So, here is the first chapter of it:

-----------------

On a dark, stormy night in Munich, sometime in 1912...

"Haben Sie es?"

A man, presumably in his late 40's, was talking to another person; in the dark, it was beyond impossible to distinguish their gender. 

"Nun schau hier! Versuche nicht mit mir klug zu sein! Gib es mir einfach, JETZT!"

The other person gave no sign that they had heard the man, however. Instead they turned, and started to walk away out of sight.

"WAS DENKST DU, WO DU HINGEHST?"

Despite the man's summons, the person kept walking. It was then that the man decided, at last, to chase after the the unknown person. When he finally caught up, out of breath and clutching a stitch in his side, he grabbed the person's forearm. When they turned around, a horrible sight met the man's eyes; the other person looked anything BUT a person. Impossibly red eyes, no hair whatsoever on the green skin, extremely long fingernails, huge ears, no nose, and a wide grin on the mouth... Almost too wide... And, when the man's eyes fell upon the creature's hands, he saw a device of some sort; it most resembled a gun, but guns didn't shine... Surely? He had no time to do anything else, however, before there the creature pressed the device, and the man moved no more.

This was the first contact between two remarkable species; although the humans were not aware of it, their worst fears were indeed true; aliens had finally broken the silence, and it was them who had made the first move.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:07 pm by Aplatformerdude »
Remorse does not atone for the actions of the guilty.

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
The Takeover
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:17 am »
The man was speaking German, for those who are curious. And yes, I know a little bit of German.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:08 pm by Aplatformerdude »

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Speeder
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
Re: A Story I Have Been Working On.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 04:12 pm »
it's the kaiser

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
The Takeover
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 03:05 pm »
it's the kaiser
It isn't, actually.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:08 pm by Aplatformerdude »

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Takeover
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 03:11 pm »
I'm not sure if I should publish the third chapter here, if I'm being honest. Of course, if people want me to, then I could. It depends on this really: Are you enjoying this story so far?

Offline kof

• mainsite office employeeee
  • Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 04:07 pm »
"Nun schau hier! Versuche nicht mit mir klug zu sein! Gib es mir einfach, JETZT!"

The other person gave no sign that they had heard the man, however. Instead they turned, and started to walk away out of sight.

"WAS DENKST DU, WO DU HINGEHST?"
now look here. try not to be smart with me! give it to me simply, now
where do you think you're going

i think that's the translation

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 04:29 pm »
now look here. try not to be smart with me! give it to me simply, now
where do you think you're going

i think that's the translation
Close enough.

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 04:57 pm »
So... This is highly embarrassing. I was feeling tired and therefore I did not have time to check my message for any potential mistakes. It uh, it turns out there was. That isn't the complete Chapter 2.  :'( I shall remove that message and post the chapter once more. My apologies, everyone. My lack of a good night's rest is proving to be humiliating.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:00 pm by Aplatformerdude »

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 05:00 pm »
Tom Brooks was never an arrogant man, but he nevertheless felt that he deserved a lot better than what he currently had. An attractive man at 27 years old, he worked as a cashier at a store. He had been looking for a better job for quite a while now, but luck, alas, was not on his side. It didn't help, either, that he spent most of his time drinking his sorrows away with his best friend. Indeed, Brooks thought, his only friend. He was forced to break away from these thoughts, however, by the voice of a man,

"That's the second time this week, Brooks. I'm disappointed."

"What is it?" asked Tom, but Richard Davies merely gave him a scowl, before he walked away. Tom's manager, Richard, was a rather haughty looking man. To say that he was strict would be an understatement. Brooks often felt that part of the reason he so despised this wretched job, was working for someone like Richard.

"How much is this, dear?" asked an elderly woman, who was holding a box of chocolates in her hand.

"$7.99, ma'am," replied Tom, who gave a yawn as the woman mumbled thanks. He looked up at his watch: it read 10:49. "Great," thought Tom. "11 more minutes of misery, then I'll be free at last."

He was feeling remarkably tired, but at least he would get a good night's rest for once. He was almost at his apartment, when he started to suspect that he was being followed. He stopped walking and looked back.
The person behind him did the same.

"Do you want something?"

The person did not reply, however, but merely continued to stare at Tom. It was dark, but he could still slightly make out the stranger: the figure was not particularly tall, and a hoodie covered most of his face. The rest, however, needed not hiding; it was too dark to look at it clearly. After a few moments silence, however, Tom was forced to conclude that the person was not worth his precious time, and, whilst mumbling about pathetic time-wasters, turned and started to walk towards his apartment once more. But when he looked back one more time, the person was not there anymore. He looked in front of him and gave a gasp of surprise: the stranger was now standing a few feet away from him.

"Dude, what do you want?"

Yet the stranger did not reply, and just stood there, looking at Tom. This time, as the distance between them was slightly less, Tom was just able to distinguish the stranger's seemingly impossible red eyes. Tom's eyes then fell upon the hands of the stranger, in which there was a strange device, which seemed to shine with light.

"What the-"

But his words were cut off, as the stranger rushed forward with superhuman speed and punched Tom in the jaw with vicious power. Tom spat blood out of his mouth, before kicking the stranger in the chest.

"OUCH!"

Tom grabbed his foot, which was starting to turn purple. The stranger, however, showed neither displeasure or pain at Tom's action; in fact, it merely made the person more agitated. They murmured words in a language Tom did not recognize, but at the words, the light from the strange device went out.

"Right," Tom thought, "If I'm going to die here, so be it, I'm gonna die fighting."

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 05:35 pm »
Tom tried to punch the stranger in the face, but the stranger dodged it with absurd ease and remarkable reflexes. They let out a laugh.

"Oh yeah? Listen, I don't know who you are, and I don't care," said Tom, "but I'm going to teach you a lesson you won't forget!"

Tom tried to punch the stranger again, but they grabbed his forearm, and then pinned him to the ground. Tom struggled with all his might, but the stranger was too powerful; and he started to black out... The hands that were around his throat were surely death's hands...

And finally Tom saw a locket- at least, that is what he presumed it was- on the stranger's neck. Tom used his free hand to press it; and somehow, miraculously, the stranger vanished.

Gasping for breath, clutching his throat, it was a good minute or two before Tom finally got up from the ground and looked around. He did not know what had just happened; nor did he have any idea where the stranger had gone to. He remembered pressing a locket on the stranger's neck... But how was that supposed to explain how they had just... Vanished? And still Tom did not feel safe, as he examined his injuries; he was bleeding from his lips and his forehead, his right foot hurt badly, and he had a strange scratch on his forearm.

"What is this?" thought Tom, as he ran his hand over the mark. It felt odd, but as it was dark, he had no possible ways of processing his injuries further, other than-

"That device!" Tom gasped, as he frantically looked around for the device. Was it possible that the stranger had somehow left it behind? He groped around in the darkness, crouching down on the ground, but after 10 minutes of searching, he was forced to conclude that it was not there anymore, as was the case with the locket, which Tom had also tried to find. He stood up, and wondered what to do next. Normally, he would go to the police, but something about this attack gave him a feeling that the police could not help him. Even going to the hospital might be a giveaway. After a moment, Tom decided to call his best friend; the only person he knew that would trust him.

"Wait, my phone! I could have used it's light, so stupid, I'm so stupid!" Tom cursed his own stupidity, as he looked around for his phone. After a couple of minutes, he found it laying on the ground, though somehow, it was not broken.

"Oh thank God..."

Tom turned on the flashlight in the phone, and then looked down at the scratch on his forearm. Tom let out a gasp of horror; the best way he could explain the mark; if he could at all, would have been that it was a creature of some sort who had hurt him; he was bleeding very badly, but then, with a horrific realization, he saw that it was not his blood at all; in fact, was it blood? Surely blood was not blue? And the marks... Tom was sure they had not been caused by just some stranger. Tom did not know how he was still standing on his feet; he left like he would black out at any moment. Tom tried to will himself, as he looked around, in the light of his phone, for the locket and the strange device. This time, however, he finally found both of them; the locket and the device lay on the ground, separated by a very short distance. He picked them up, and thought that he could examine them later, but for now he had to do with calling his best friend, the only person that could believe him; James Moore.

"Pick up, oh pick up..." begged Tom, but he needed not; as not a moment later, James picked up, and his sleepy, but concerned voice asked,

"Tom? Is it alright? Bit late for a call, isn't it?"

"Oh thank God, James! I don't know where to begin..."

Tom explained everything that had happened, how the stranger had attacked him, how Tom had nearly suffered a terrible death at the hands of his attacker, how pressing the strange locket that lay on his neck had caused the stranger to vanish. James was silent on the other end, as he listened to Tom's best attempts to explain things.
After Tom was done, there was a few moments of silence, and then James said,

"You have that locket and that device thingy, right?"

Tom nodded, but then realized James could not see him.

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, alright, I'll come and pick you up in my car, we can decide from there," James said. "You're injured, and if you say that whoever is the reason for that may not be human, then I would not recommend going to the hospital."

"You trust me, then?" Tom asked, but James merely chuckled, before replying,

"Of course I do! How long have I known you?"

"I should have guessed," Tom said. It was reassuring, he thought, listening to James' voice.

"Alright, I'll hang up now, be careful, Tom."

James hung up, and Tom was left in the darkness waiting for his arrival.

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew/Just Some Guy
  • Cruiser
  • Good day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 05:38 pm »
And this is where I am uncertain. I have been feeling depressed in these past few days, and therefore I am not motivated enough to work on this any further. However, I might change my mind as time goes on, who knows? Even if I don't work on this again, I won't deny I had a good time overall writing it. Well, let me know what you thought about that! I hope you enjoyed it.