Author Topic: Meta's Editor Recruitment Inc.  (Read 1060 times)

Online seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Meta's Editor Recruitment Inc.
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2019, 10:57 pm »
I have a question, what the heck does elaborate supposed to mean? This isn’t a Reviewer application, it’s an editor application. Editors don’t have to do all that. All they do is look at a game and evaluate it and determine if it’s feature worthy or not. There is a lot of misleading here too. The application told me to write a review, that’s what I did. It didn’t tell me to write an analysis. If it told me to do that, I would have. Now I was going to do a review on A Dying Wish, but that got featured. So I decided to pick Cube Of The Depths, it’s barely feature worthy yeah, but I feel like a game that showcases its game play, concept, art and its difficulty very well should be featured. Looking at featuring lately, I see that it really is not that active. With Lordeldar and Mat being the only ones that are really active. I think editors should be more open to featuring games because that is the whole reason why we came to this.
I imagine it means "elaborate". Obviously Editors don't write a review every time they feature a game, that's because it isn't necessary once they have already proven themselves. The application requires thorough analysis because this is essentially a dissection of your evaluative process, it informs us of your feature standards and your understanding of games as a whole.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:00 pm by seanthechinaman »

Online seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2019, 10:59 pm »
I also do not like how it feels like all my time was wasted on this application as it took a lot of time to do all this and is really, really exhausting. I was really dedicated to the point of me staying up until 6 o clock doing this one day. I passed all of the steps until voting. Now, if I try again, I know I would pass. But if I’m gonna have to go through all those steps that I clearly passed again. I don’t feel like wasting all my time again. If all I have to do is the review, I guess that would be fine.
While I disagree with your previous statement, I CAN agree with this. Time limits should not be a part of Editor Recruitment, if you had longer than a week, you wouldn't have pooled your time into reviewing a game you didn't even believe was feature worthy. Weeks could go by with no feature worthy games releasing, what are the applicants supposed to do about that?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:02 pm by seanthechinaman »

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2019, 06:16 am »
I also do not like how it feels like all my time was wasted on this application as it took a lot of time to do all this and is really, really exhausting. I was really dedicated to the point of me staying up until 6 o clock doing this one day. I passed all of the steps until voting. Now, if I try again, I know I would pass. But if I’m gonna have to go through all those steps that I clearly passed again. I don’t feel like wasting all my time again. If all I have to do is the review, I guess that would be fine.

If you aren't prepared to fail and then try again going through all of the stages, you have no perseverance and aren't prepared to become an editor. I know I'm not one myself but years ago I wrote over 20 reviewer applications until I passed but I never complained and eventually passed. Same goes for my moderator badge, except it didn't take me 20+ times but a bit less.

Moderator, Reviewer, Reviewer Recruiter

Offline lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2019, 06:34 am »
Now I was going to do a review on A Dying Wish, but that got featured. So I decided to pick Cube Of The Depths, it’s barely feature worthy yeah, but I feel like a game that showcases its game play, concept, art and its difficulty very well should be featured.
Crazy had a similar problem with Raft. Might be an idea to allow applicants to "claim" games before, so if they do get featured then they can still review that game. That would be more fair imo

Achievements:
54 features (59 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier
Voted best Private of 2011
Voted best MSM of 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lt of 2014

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2019, 05:54 pm »
Crazy had a similar problem with Raft. Might be an idea to allow applicants to "claim" games before, so if they do get featured then they can still review that game. That would be more fair imo
I think that’s a nice idea. I just hope that if a next time arrives that will be an option.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2019, 06:05 pm »
I think that’s a nice idea. I just hope that if a next time arrives that will be an option.

Oppose coming soon. 8)

Moderator, Reviewer, Reviewer Recruiter