Author Topic: Review- Bio-Hazard by Xploder584  (Read 495 times)

Offline duck5557474

• House League of Society Owner
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
Review- Bio-Hazard by Xploder584
« on: January 13, 2019, 03:47 pm »
Bio-Hazard is a magnificent game with an exciting twist. It is on the Classic Creator, but it is not a simple shooter, it is an extravagant game with complex situations. The game utilizes all aspects of the Classic Creator, and puts itself in a league of it's own.

The object of this game is to capture the flags and the crystals. The objective seems easy, but once the mortars are put in, it is not. These guns shoot you from a distance, making it hard to determine where to dodge these things. To make difficulty harder, magnets are added, pulling the player towards the mortars.

Difficulty and creativity are utilized with perfect balance in this game. Besides those two aspect, there are still more aspects that I really enjoy in this game, though. The placement of walls and obstacles is almost perfect, and it adds to the enjoyment of clearing an area. When nearing a "HotPoly", a player gets a sudden jolt of pressure and nervousness, which adds to the satisfaction of clearing an area.

The use of slight hints helps the player, which keeps the game from becoming too much of an "Impossible Game." These hints, such as; "Uncover the Switches" or "Watch Out!" keep the game from becoming to too monotonous or difficult.

Enemy placement also adds a touch of expertise to this game. The sudden realization of, "There are tanks underneath those blocks!" adds fresh and unexpected twists into the obstacles, keeping this game form being predictable.

What really drives the game home is the use of the Classic Creator's seldom used prefab, the "SwitchPoly." Most games ignore this prefab, while others might use it once or twice. Unlike the bland games, Bio-Hazard uses these tons of times, which helps add to the excitement of the game. It causes you to use your radar to find where to go next, and it keeps the player honest on which way to turn.

Finally, the time limit is what keeps this game from becoming a drag. Time constraints cause pressure and excitement. The time limit in Bio-Hazard is great because it is not so demanding that you have to hurry and not screw up, but it also forces you to keep moving. It leaves room for error, but not too much error.

The atmosphere of this game is amazing. Although I have never beaten the game, the atmosphere and the though behind it keeps me coming for more. I love the use of time limits to cause tension, but also using to empty space to give some relief after completing a hard task.

Ratings:

Creativity: 5/5
Wall and Enemy Placement: 9/10
Atmosphere and general "Good Feelings": 10/10
Completeness: 8/10
Overall: 32/35

I think this game should be featured, and that it should be recognized as a great game. This game is fun, exciting, and challenging. The game is enjoyable, amusing, and downright amazing! I enjoy playing it, so why aren't you also trying to be the first one to beat it? Go play Bio-Hazard!

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duck5557474

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
Re: Review- Bio-Hazard by Xploder584
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 03:49 pm »
Good luck. ;)
8)

Offline duck5557474

• Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:50 pm »

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:29 pm »
This was a solid review. With that considered you did begin to ramble in some areas, I really struggled to paint a decent picture of the game. You had a few slight issues with grammar, which can be easily altered. With those points marked I’m going to deny this. With some practice and resilience you will surely reach your goal, I’m speaking from experience here. If no other recruiter has anything else to say, you can reapply in two weeks.

Offline duck5557474

• Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 09:15 pm »
This was a solid review. With that considered you did begin to ramble in some areas, I really struggled to paint a decent picture of the game. You had a few slight issues with grammar, which can be easily altered. With those points marked I’m going to deny this. With some practice and resilience you will surely reach your goal, I’m speaking from experience here. If no other recruiter has anything else to say, you can reapply in two weeks.

Oh, I am slightly disappointed. But, I will try again in two weeks!

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:00 am »
Oh, I am slightly disappointed. But, I will try again in two weeks!
Good luck man ;)