Author Topic: How to Apply for Reviewer +How to Increase Your Chances of Getting Accepted!!  (Read 705 times)

Offline pepperedSteak

• J0ji was here
  • Turret
  • Apod was here
    • View Profile
Hello friends, welcome to the brand new Reviewer Recruitment of 2019! I'm not gonna explain much on how to apply as it's fairly simple. Just follow the steps below and soon you may be walking out of the Reviewer Lane with a brand new R badge!!

The steps are as follows:

1. Make a thread in the Reviewer Lane, review written and prepared; preferably in a format similar to: "Review Title" - A Review of Joji Goes to Taco Bell by pepperedSteak

2. Copy and paste your review into the thread, and press create new topic! It's that simple.

Below I've written a few basic points of how to increase your chances of getting accepted, and wowing the recruiters in the process. Of course, this is all based on my personal subjective opinion and while I'd recommend to use these tips to the best of your advantage, you're not required to at all. ANYWAY, they are as follows:

-First and foremost, you should try to make your review as interesting to the reader as possible. Even with correct grammar, even with a lengthy review, the last thing you want is for the review to seem to "drag on" constantly. Monotony is something you definitely want to avoid when writing the review; keeping the reader's attention is crucial.

-Keeping what I said above in mind, you also want to have a good understanding of punctuation, grammar, and correct use of wording. as a example, your gonna want too avoid this kind of sentance structure wholly; bc it says a ton about the way u'd rite if u get acceoted or in this case. denied. If you have trouble with this kind of thing, which is completely acceptable, there is always free grammar checking software available if you need it. I would recommend Grammarly.

-Remember to never be afraid to make your review as unique or different as possible!! This goes hand and hand with my first tip; something I'd expect is for readers to want variety and uniqueness between the reviews they read, and doing so would keep them not only interested, but wanting more as well. Having your own style, signature, sense of humor, etc is something I feel that should be encouraged much much more when writing reviews.

-And finally, if you can, try to get some decent length in. I'd say 8 paragraphs seems to be the sweet spot, going over all aspects of the game (story, art, scenery, gameplay, etc) all while trying your best to keep it unique and interesting. If you think of something for your review but end up going "Awh, that would never work...", try fitting that idea in the best you can!!! It definitely wouldn't hurt to try.

.....aaaaand that's it! I wish you the best of luck in writing your review and hopefully getting it accepted! Believe it or not, reviews help the mainsite out a lot in terms of activity and livelihood and we could use as many of them as we can get.

Quick side note: Similar to the MSM recruitment, we ask you to not resubmit a denied application for a full 2 weeks as that time frame gives you a chance to go over what you did wrong and how to improve substantially in your next application. Good luck to all applicants!!

You can call me Pollyanna,
Say I'm crazy as a loon,
I believe in silver linings
And t

Offline Marijn

• Chart Lover
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
  • We be throwing money in a spiral
    • View Profile
denied

Offline Jackboymogura123

• Launcher
    • View Profile
Hello. I had a reviewer application that was accepted six months prior to the shutdown of the forum. Can I post the application again here, or do I need to start from scratch?
:) :) :) :-*
This is how tireless I am on Wikipedia:

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Hello. I had a reviewer application that was accepted six months prior to the shutdown of the forum. Can I post the application again here, or do I need to start from scratch?
I would just repost it just to make sure, I do remember you being accepted though.

Offline lifedollars

• go away
  • Speeder
  • zqazxhcf4hewkncmvrewqortufchsle03452cjkrw
    • View Profile
Denied