Author Topic: Meta’s MRE Recruitment Inc.  (Read 342 times)

Offline Meta KnighT

• ----> [ǝɹᴉɐuoᴉllᴉW] <----
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
Meta’s MRE Recruitment Inc.
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:48 pm »
Interested in being a moderator, reviewer, or editor? If so, then this is the right place!  How does it work?  Find out in this simple outlined step by step process...

Step 0: Rules (M,R,E)
1) NO getting help on ANY of parts of your application whatsoever, including review critiques.  Failure to do so is very severe and will result in a permanent ban from the recruitment center.
2) You must wait a month between getting denied or else there will be a three-month application penalty.
3) NO wasting Meta's time with useless posts in this thread. :/
4) The owner of this thread reserves the right to take any actions or add any rules not currently in the established rules list on a case by case basis.

Step 1: Fill out Preliminary app (M,R,E)
Moderator Preliminary App
MS Username:
Why you want to be a moderator:
What makes you qualified for the position:
What you have done recently to show you are worthy of the position:

Reviewer App
MS Username:
MS Review:

Editor Preliminary App         
MS Username:
Number of Features:
Best Review (if applicable):
What makes you qualified for the position:
What you have done recently to show you are worthy of the position:

Step 2: Wait for Response (M,R,E)
If applying for Moderator or Editor, you will either be denied or given the next stage of the application.
If applying for Reviewer, your application will either get accepted or denied by the group of reviewer recruiters (listed near the bottom of post).

Step 3: PM'd Tests (M,E)
(1) Initially, you will be pm'd first stage of the test.  You will have three days to pm back a response.  I will then evaluate what you send in.
(2) If you pass, I will pm you second stage of the test.  You will have three days to pm me a response.  I will then evaluate what you send in.
(3) If you pass again, I will pm you third stage of the test.  You three days to pm me a response.  I will then evaluate what you send in and see if you can move onto next stage.

Step 4: Evaluative Tasks (M,E)
If you are applying for Moderator, some real skill-based scenarios will be set up on the Main Site.  You will have five days to look into these scenarios and say what you would do in these situations.
If you are applying for Editor, you write a review on a game that you find feature worthy.  You will have one week to do this.

Step 5: Voting Stage (M,E)
A group of moderator and editor recruiters (listed near the bottom of the post) will vote on your overall performance, paying particular attention to your response from Step 4. 

Step 6: Glory (M,E)
If you pass with an 80% yes vote, you came out victorious! :BD:

Informational Section: Recruiters (M,R,E)
To become one, just list position you want to recuit for (have the ability to vote on applications for) and why you want to be a recuiter.  From there, I will either accept or deny you.

Moderator Recruiter List
1) Meta KnighT

Reviewers Recruiter List
1) Meta KnighT

Editor Recruiter List
1) Meta KnighT

Informational Section: Past Application Status (M,R,E)
Here's a tracker of all the people I got to deny through this system past applicants through the system and the status of their application:
Ethan2009 (Reviewer App: 9/23/18)
Bricc (Moderator App: 10/1/18)
🇱🇷 Make Sploder Great Again! 🇱🇷

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
Re: Meta’s MRE Recruitment Inc.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:51 pm »
A few things to keep in mind:
1) I’ll format this neater once I get on my computer (copied and posted this from the old forums sincshe thread was officially ‘archived’ and unquotable).
2) Now that Geoff agreed to check MSO, let me know if you have any promotions from the old forums pre-deletion and still are active here.
3) Once a board is added or I gain abilities to post in the MSO (currently can see but now post in board :/) or something like that, I’ll move this center to make it more visible and avoid having it sink as fast.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:18 pm »
Can i try again?
8)

Offline flumpman

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 07:47 pm »
joke app removed
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:58 pm by flumpman »

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 11:27 pm »
I hope to create as little frustration as possible, but it's mandatory that I outline this system is NOT official and an official one is currently being built from the ground-up behind the scenes. Sorry if this angers anybody!!

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 10:50 pm »
I hope to create as little frustration as possible, but it's mandatory that I outline this system is NOT official and an official one is currently being built from the ground-up behind the scenes. Sorry if this angers anybody!!
Can I at least run the Editor recruitment the same way I did before?  I have run that one for over a year and a half now, and to put it bluntly, I honestly don’t think you should be able to give it to someone else a) since you’re not an Editor yourself and b) forums positions are separate from those on the MS which means the Lts. + don’t have any more control on what happens with these positions than other MREs.

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58 pm »
Sorry if that came out kinda rude, but even though I may not be nearly as close to you as others on here, I don’t think that is a fair reason to remove me from running the recruitment and not really communicate much about the new plans.

Offline Marijn

• Stargirl
  • Soldier
  • Turret
  • killmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 11:43 pm »
Can I at least run the Editor recruitment the same way I did before?  I have run that one for over a year and a half now, and to put it bluntly, I honestly don’t think you should be able to give it to someone else a) since you’re not an Editor yourself and b) forums positions are separate from those on the MS which means the Lts. + don’t have any more control on what happens with these positions than other MREs.
i thought sticki passed editor recruitment a while back?

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 11:51 pm »
The forum staff has always been linked to who runs the mainsite position recruitment, and the MRE recruiting positions have always had a tendency to change hands.
Also I don't think it matters too much whether someone actually has a badge as to whether they should be allowed to run recruitment or not. Pretty much all the staff who don't have all three badges pretty much only have it that way because they're not interested in applying, not because they're incapable of gaining them, and either way it certainly doesn't make one ineligible to judge who is capable of properly using a badge.

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 12:28 am »
I really am sorry, but with the way the recruitment has ran in the past nobody was ever entitled to any legitimate unending reign of any aspect. Furthermore, not even the forum staff is the same as before. With everything being new we are hoping to take an organic approach to the matters instead of trying to piece together what once was. I understand where you might be frustrated but please do not take this personally. These decisions aren't strictly my own and have been discussed amongst staff members. We're hoping to provide a lenient experience which makes things fun for everyone. Again, I'm truly sorry if this is frustrating in any caliber. Things are being done with no malicious intent, I can promise you that!

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 10:52 am »
i thought sticki passed editor recruitment a while back?
nope

The forum staff has always been linked to who runs the mainsite position recruitment, and the MRE recruiting positions have always had a tendency to change hands.
Also I don't think it matters too much whether someone actually has a badge as to whether they should be allowed to run recruitment or not. Pretty much all the staff who don't have all three badges pretty much only have it that way because they're not interested in applying, not because they're incapable of gaining them, and either way it certainly doesn't make one ineligible to judge who is capable of properly using a badge.
Yes, recruiting positions often do change hands when the person in charge of them moves on and passes it on OR the person is banned on the forums OR goes inactive.  There has not yet been a time when someone was, for no stated reason, kicked from the position to give the new position to friends of the forums modeators.  The purpose of forums moderators isn’t to just give positions to their group of friends or at least reasonably shouldn’t be. 

Hmmm, that brings up an interesting point,if someone’s not even interested or invested enough to apply for a position, why should we put them in charge of the recruitment for that same position?

I really am sorry, but with the way the recruitment has ran in the past nobody was ever entitled to any legitimate unending reign of any aspect. Furthermore, not even the forum staff is the same as before. With everything being new we are hoping to take an organic approach to the matters instead of trying to piece together what once was. I understand where you might be frustrated but please do not take this personally. These decisions aren't strictly my own and have been discussed amongst staff members. We're hoping to provide a lenient experience which makes things fun for everyone. Again, I'm truly sorry if this is frustrating in any caliber. Things are being done with no malicious intent, I can promise you that!
Never ever claimed hey were entitled to anything but you do seem to think that forum moderators are entitled to kick people out of running recruitments without giving a legitimate concern on why.  It’s not piecing together things for me to run a recruitment I’m willing to run and have experience in running previously.  I ran it on the old forums, on sploder.tk, and I understand the steps needed to ensure it is a fair, unbiased process (which is extremely important for these positions, as they should be merit based).  The majority of the forum staff is also the same.  The only real update is that your now a General since you paid for sploder.tk to be open for a few months and we’re an admin on the old forum because of that.  I would also argue the forums would be better off if we resorted back to the old people who ran them.  I mean, there is no other reason I am no longer able to run the recruitments other than personal reasons if we’re going to be honest.  If I was a Lt. right now and/ or friends with all the current ones, I can say with almost 100% certainty I would still be abllowed to run the recruitment.

The purpose of he recruitments is not to be lenient; it is to make sure people who can handle the powers of them will use them to help sploder as a whole.  I don’t see how being lenient relates to this situation in any capacity.  You haven’t provided one reason why the new people running the recruitment are now qualified than me.

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 11:14 am »
I would like to ask you not to jump to conclusions. The MRE application process hasn't been finalized! You havent yet been denied for certain and if we need your help we will request it. I would argue that your running of the system on s.tk was equally illegitimate for reasons that should be obvious, but as of now that is irrelevant. We were keen on giving users who would take a new approach to things a chance and currently peppered is building a system from the ground up, not because of any relationships she might have with the staff, but because she approached us first asking to take care of things. It would be equally unfair to kick her out because you showed up when we never once guaranteed any spot for you. Everything on the forums has changed and I understand there are many people who might be unhappy with these changes but the only thing we can do is adapt.  I understand that many are unhappy with any staff positions I may hold but as I said before, I do not approach matters with any malicious or corrupt attempt.

I also would like to add that pepperedsteak and anybody she might be approaching for help are no more qualified than you are. It is simply the fact that she approached us, we discussed the possibility of her running things since nothing else existed at the time, and then decided that she would be an adequate option for the position.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:18 am by sticki »

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 04:33 pm »
"There has not yet been a time when someone was, for no stated reason, kicked from the position to give the new position to friends of the forums modeators.  The purpose of forums moderators isn’t to just give positions to their group of friends or at least reasonably shouldn’t be."

This is awfully accusatory either way. As has been mentioned by Sticki it's not that we're all evil nepotists from hell, it's simply that there wasn't anything else at the time.

"Hmmm, that brings up an interesting point,if someone’s not even interested or invested enough to apply for a position, why should we put them in charge of the recruitment for that same position?"

Because the positions themselves and recruiting are different matters. If a user doesn't go on the MS very much that doesn't mean it's not possible for them to identify key characteristics for those who would hold MS badges. It's silly to place an undue amount of importance on having applied for the position, because a lot of forum users are not as active on the mainsite.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that you claim to know the steps for a fair and unbiased application process, but it would be just as sensible to claim that you have been nepotistic in recruitment as it is to claim that the forum staff is nepotistic in reassigning recruitment with the forum transfers. It's not like we're trying to snub you but the recruitments have never been any one person's position, and generally everyone has viewed it that way. Inactivity is usually the reason for transfer but I would argue an equally valid reason is stagnation. One person or group of people maintaining the recruitment for an overly long time will inevitably allow their own personal biases to seep into who's approved and who's not. And before you point out this happens with the forum staff as well, this is entirely true and was increasingly on display in the final years/months of the forum---the staff decisions, outlook, promotions, etc. was generally controlled by the fact there were several members who ended up babysitting their positions. (While I don't agree with Liam's deletion of the forum I'm almost certain this played a huge part in it.) I'm not claiming this isn't a problem that doesn't apply to the forum staff but I think we've all been trying to avoid recreating those circumstances.

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 08:13 pm »
I would like to ask you not to jump to conclusions. The MRE application process hasn't been finalized! You havent yet been denied for certain and if we need your help we will request it. I would argue that your running of the system on s.tk was equally illegitimate for reasons that should be obvious, but as of now that is irrelevant. We were keen on giving users who would take a new approach to things a chance and currently peppered is building a system from the ground up, not because of any relationships she might have with the staff, but because she approached us first asking to take care of things. It would be equally unfair to kick her out because you showed up when we never once guaranteed any spot for you. Everything on the forums has changed and I understand there are many people who might be unhappy with these changes but the only thing we can do is adapt.  I understand that many are unhappy with any staff positions I may hold but as I said before, I do not approach matters with any malicious or corrupt attempt.

I also would like to add that pepperedsteak and anybody she might be approaching for help are no more qualified than you are. It is simply the fact that she approached us, we discussed the possibility of her running things since nothing else existed at the time, and then decided that she would be an adequate option for the position.
I am the first editor to approach you about running the editor recruitment.

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 08:15 pm »
"There has not yet been a time when someone was, for no stated reason, kicked from the position to give the new position to friends of the forums modeators.  The purpose of forums moderators isn’t to just give positions to their group of friends or at least reasonably shouldn’t be."

This is awfully accusatory either way. As has been mentioned by Sticki it's not that we're all evil nepotists from hell, it's simply that there wasn't anything else at the time.

"Hmmm, that brings up an interesting point,if someone’s not even interested or invested enough to apply for a position, why should we put them in charge of the recruitment for that same position?"

Because the positions themselves and recruiting are different matters. If a user doesn't go on the MS very much that doesn't mean it's not possible for them to identify key characteristics for those who would hold MS badges. It's silly to place an undue amount of importance on having applied for the position, because a lot of forum users are not as active on the mainsite.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that you claim to know the steps for a fair and unbiased application process, but it would be just as sensible to claim that you have been nepotistic in recruitment as it is to claim that the forum staff is nepotistic in reassigning recruitment with the forum transfers. It's not like we're trying to snub you but the recruitments have never been any one person's position, and generally everyone has viewed it that way. Inactivity is usually the reason for transfer but I would argue an equally valid reason is stagnation. One person or group of people maintaining the recruitment for an overly long time will inevitably allow their own personal biases to seep into who's approved and who's not. And before you point out this happens with the forum staff as well, this is entirely true and was increasingly on display in the final years/months of the forum---the staff decisions, outlook, promotions, etc. was generally controlled by the fact there were several members who ended up babysitting their positions. (While I don't agree with Liam's deletion of the forum I'm almost certain this played a huge part in it.) I'm not claiming this isn't a problem that doesn't apply to the forum staff but I think we've all been trying to avoid recreating those circumstances.
Would you say that you babysat your position?

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:21 pm »
You aren't the first to approach me about the overall recruitment! We are still allowing a system where peppered can control editor recruitment so long as she ensures editors have the primary say in things. The reason behind this is to favor necessity, which was always an issue back then.

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Speeder
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 08:23 pm »
Lol, for a staff team who doesn’t want to have one person with to much power or stagnation, you guys sure don’t seem to mind letting one person run the entire thing.  Also, I thought you said previously the heads weren’t fully decided yet.

Offline sticki

• General
  • Cruiser
  • ztk|stk|ztki|stki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 08:25 pm »
Peppered hadn't yet unveiled how she was going to choose people!! Since I posted that she has now seemingly shown how that process will be gone about and she isn't the sole dictator! She is but the one designing the system. There is equal rule among everyone who will be designated as a recruiter. She is still below us and we will change things up if issues occur.

Offline pepperedSteak

• J0ji was here
  • Soldier
  • Turret
  • Apod was here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 08:46 pm »
You aren't the first to approach me about the overall recruitment! We are still allowing a system where peppered can control editor recruitment so long as she ensures editors have the primary say in things. The reason behind this is to favor necessity, which was always an issue back then.
I'm really not sure id be qualified for this, i um don't know much about editor stuff let alone how to run a recruitment for it. If I do get to decide though I'd be fine with meta doing it, he seems passionate enough about it as long as it isn't ridiculously hard like some previous editor recruitments were

Lol, for a staff team who doesn’t want to have one person with to much power or stagnation, you guys sure don’t seem to mind letting one person run the entire thing.  Also, I thought you said previously the heads weren’t fully decided yet.
this is why i'm getting a bunch of moderators and reviewers to be my equals in deciding who gets in or not? you seem to be making a lot of assumptions. the m/r recruitment definitely isn't a dictatorship and that's the number 1 thing i tried to steer clear of in designing the two...

Peppered hadn't yet unveiled how she was going to choose people!! Since I posted that she has now seemingly shown how that process will be gone about and she isn't the sole dictator! She is but the one designing the system. There is equal rule among everyone who will be designated as a recruiter. She is still below us and we will change things up if issues occur.
Wellllll i did for reviewer recruitment, as for moderator recruitment that's still in the works as it's hard with my system to integrate a "post to apply" system, although we'll see in the future.

You can call me Pollyanna,
Say I'm crazy as a loon,
I believe in silver linings
And t

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01 am »