Author Topic: What was your favorite childhood friend like?  (Read 456 times)

Offline flumpman

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
What was your favorite childhood friend like?
« on: January 04, 2019, 08:26 pm »
The first friend that I had, was Elijah when I was eight years old. We played video games together.

sticki

Re: What was your favorite childhood friend like?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:55 pm »
I liked my sploder friends more than I did my irl friends, but I hung out with a lot of friends- most notably this kid david who had a computer room that was neatly tucked away from everything and everyone else in the house and it looked out onto his street. we would play games nonstop forever and watch youtube videos all the time from 2005-2012. I really miss that place. It was the absolute best. I still know his house like the back of my hand. It was crazy to be there since his mother was a prostitute eventually near the time we stopped hanging out. That family was weird. I had great times though.

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 09:01 pm »
I never really had any childhood friends until at least the end of Middle School tbh
I guess I'd say they were sarcastic and loved messing around, pretty chatty as well.

Offline pepperedSteak

• J0ji was here
  • Soldier
  • Turret
  • Apod was here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 11:53 pm »
My best friend all the way up until grade 3 (when I unfortunately moved away) was named Jairen. He was a really, really energetic blonde haired kid and the majority of what we did was stuff like play SSBB on his Wii, explore the woods by my house, stuff like that... I remember we were really into sports, and would usually spend recess hitting the tetherball back and fourth as hard as we could which was surprisingly really fun. I didn't spend much time at his house unfortunately but I remember it being strangely designed, and he had this really big crttv with a buncha consoles hooked up and playing consoles you dont have at your own house is really really fun. He was a good friend and i really wish i could catch up with him, despite the fact that we're prolly wildly different by now

My favorite thing we ever did was, in second grade, we wrote a full length Brawl fanfiction and oh my god if i could find that again i would be so happy... I don't remember much from it unfortunately but if i could just find it...

You can call me Pollyanna,
Say I'm crazy as a loon,
I believe in silver linings
And t

Offline duck5557474

• House League of Society Owner
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 11:59 pm »
I find I am more into talking to my friends here than in real life. They mostly talked about school, and nothing else. [My real ones]. I was a very shielded kid...

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duck5557474

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 01:32 am »
Who is this imposter and who is Elijah?

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 01:44 am »
I never played video games as a child. You should all go outside more.

Offline Sad Nicoli

• Former King of TK
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 02:02 am »
a dude i met in grade 4 who enjoyed playin wit legos and mario and those were my 2 fav things back then

we still gud bromies to this day who just chill wit everyone else at college. we just chill with card games board games and dominoes and watch movies with the crew

Offline Benno MKII

• RIP in peace
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • Goodbye
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 08:10 am »
I once had a friend (Shocking I know) back in year 9/10/11 who introduced me to Little Big planet and some other games. I went round to his house a few times and he also introduced me to some other friends. But now we've lost contact and I am all alone.

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 12:57 pm »
he was into basketball and ds games

Offline cake9899

• kelly 💫🌻
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • singer. songwriter. pop punk enthusiast. ✨
    • View Profile
    • my music!💓
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 08:36 pm »
I had a group of 7-8 kids in my neighborhood that played outside every day. We made clubs, built forts, had bike races, played with chalk, rode our bikes down hills and had boys vs girls fights, played on the trampoline, made a parade float with a skateboard bike and wagon(until we crashed it), had pool parties.. we also had birthday parties and there was this kid named jack (we called him jack jack cause we had a cool jack in our neighborhood ) and when he would com outside we all ran away from him. We even made evacuation plans, but eventually he would find us. I remember one day he farted on the trampoline and we all ran away LOL

we would scoot on pillows on treadmills, play Minecraft or legos, roll down hills, go sledding in the winter. One time we played human bowling with sleds lmao and one time we chased away teenagers so we could have the hill to ourselves. They took our spot. We made a 6 or 7 ft tall snowman one year. One year we made a maze of leaves that went across two yards. We’d crawl through a tunnel for a water system and we all thought it was the coolest thing to learn how to ride without hands on their bikes. Then I learned how to ride standing up with no hands and turn down a hill😂
Man, so many memories.. such good times
she brings bruises and cuts to show and tell
but she never told
no one ever wondered
they all think they’re marks from her playing outside
making up her fantasy
wishing it was her reality 🌙 💫

Offline goldoptimus

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 08:59 pm »
When i was around 8 my neighbor used to come to my house every day and play on this old trampoline and invent games and stuff to do on it and play smash bros brawl and stuff and i would watch him make goanimate videos. Dude was chill af and my best friend he was a grade above me and he went to a diff school but around the time i was like 12 my parents wouldnt let him come over anymore cause he was messing around with weed and they hated his mom cause she abused him and locked him out of his house and the last time i saw him he gave me a ride to work when my car broke down...Like 6 months later I hear he's in chicago locked up for grand theft auto and possession of meth. I deleted snapchat too so i dont got any contact with him anymore

sticki

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 09:08 pm »
I'm glad you guys got to spend some nice times together at least. Remember him for those times and not his felonies

Offline Braix

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 10:17 pm »
was only friends with me because i gave him cookies

Offline Startrekzooka

• Coffee Philantrophist
  • Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Becoming A Sploderian Once Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 03:47 pm »
The first best friend (and especially the most memorable one) I ever had, dates back to very early grade school, nearly 15 years ago now. Back when I lived down in the country, very close to the coast. His name is Gregory. Both our parents knew each other because both were doctors and worked in the same hospital.

We'd hang out and play tag or hide-and-seek-ish games for recess, in each other's houses after school, to birthday parties, and we would draw comic book strips together, read Captain Underpants books and make up our own superhero aliases based on our identity. (Hadiman/GregBoy - spin off Mermaidman and BarnacleBoy) After a few short years, the DS and Wii was released, and it was circa 2007-2008, and we'd hang out at his house to play Mario Strike Football, Mario Kart DS or Super Smash Bros. Brawl for hours on end.
Then my dad got a job in the city so my family had to move, and it was sad enough saying goodbye. We left so soon after my ninth birthday, but I remember it really well. He couldn't make it to my birthday so he gave me a crazy frog keyring and remembered saying he was going to move to the city in a couple of years but doesn't know when.

Fast forward over 10 years later, October 2018, when I decided to get back on Facebook, it suddenly crossed my mind to see if my old friend from 10 years ago was on it, because pretty much everyone ik is on fb these days. And sure enough he was on it and it brought so many good memories, but sad enough we missed our teenage years. I did a bit of searching on his profile and realized we actually go to the same university!
The next few days I consoled with some of my friends at college about whether I should add him on FB or not because I was so self-conscious about it, and I was wondering if he'd even remember me.
I got a lot of support from friends and eventually mustered up the courage to add him and then I realized we share mutual friends with one guy I know from my high school who also goes to my uni. Turns out they do the same major - computer science.

So I added him and we suggested to meet up at the café beside my uni late in the evening and man we just talked and tried to catch up with all the stuff I missed in the past ten years, about my old school friends from that time and anything bizarre that has happened.
After that, it was such a refreshing feeling coming home that night because I've never had a close friend than him and it was such a long time ago. Never would I have thought as well would he have decided to go to one of the best unis in the country in the heart of suburbia, when we both grew up far away as simple village folk in the early '00s and it was a much simpler time.

Just made me realize anything is possible, as corny as that sounds.
I was honestly grateful.

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 08:26 pm »
beautiful story, star