Author Topic: It's back?  (Read 29218 times)

Offline kof

• mainsite office employeeee
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
Re: It's back?
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2019, 10:12 am »
he's spanish he knows everything

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2019, 12:21 pm »
he's spanish he knows everything

I didn't know spanish people even knew about cricket

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2019, 12:42 pm »
How does Flump know Geoff has that?

It's pretty common knowledge if you've been around for a while.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2019, 12:49 pm »
It's pretty common knowledge if you've been around for a while.

I was very active here but completely dead during 2018 Mid to 2019 Start

Check out THUNDER X

Offline wordigirl

• Soldier
  • Guard
  • God bless you friend. Always praying for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2019, 09:31 pm »
I was very active here but completely dead during 2018 Mid to 2019 Start
Geoff has mentioned this before multiple times. I don't believe it's any secret.
Sorry, Epico. :'(
God bless you all.

Offline Brocky

• KrewLife
  • General
  • Mogura
  • Im Brocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2019, 12:50 am »
As someone who has personally met Liam in real life when I went to Japan, I can attest to how he genuinely is a good person. I spoke to him about the whole situation a while ago and I can understand his motivation to do what he did at the time.

Offline kingofdanerds

• Kingofdanerds, PhD Memeology
  • Cruiser
  • Distill the life that's inside of me
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2019, 08:02 am »
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?

What yall gonna get if you keep replying to this thread
One light, one mind, flashing in the dark, blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts, "For crying out loud!" she said unto me, a free for all, f*ck em all

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2019, 10:19 am »

What yall gonna get if you keep replying to this thread

I think Star34 explained it in a better way so no thanks

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Meta KnighT

• ----> [ǝɹᴉɐuoᴉllᴉW] <----
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Cruiser
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2019, 11:33 pm »
Are you a pepega

why the hell would he get rid of the DB and TK websites then?
if he cares only about his own power to control the forums why would he restore the original website with geoff having complete control
Because he didn’t want to pay for the .tk server anymore.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52 am »

Why should he pay for it when this forum exists? He decided to stop paying for it when this forum returned, if I do recall correctly.

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2019, 09:37 am »
Why should he pay for it when this forum exists? He decided to stop paying for it when this forum returned, if I do recall correctly.

Why should he pay for it in the first place

Check out THUNDER X

sticki

« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2019, 11:43 am »
When I was paying for the server I had no money saved up. Never have. I was working a job that made me miserable for $11 an hour and a lot of that went towards the server. I know you don't want my sob story but it was a lot of time I invested into this job. Eventually I couldn't do it anymore so I put a bunch of extra money into the server to ensure it doesn't die out once I suddenly lost all my money because I'm really bad at that sort of stuff. I killed off the server not because I couldn't pay for it anymore, there's still 7 months worth of funds inside of that account. I can't just pull it out even if I wanted to, it's only to be used with my server provider now. I pulled the plug to ensure that money could be used for the future, not because I gained anything. It was simply a pragmatic decision made to ensure the forum would last as long as possible. Nothing I've done thus far has been for selfish intentions because I gain nothing from doing this. I don't make friends from doing this, I don't gain respect or anything. I don't even want to make this post because it isn't as big of a deal as it might seem like I'm making it out to be, I only say this because I want to point out that I'm not hellbent on asserting myself in a position of power for the sake of anything selfish. I pulled the plug while I was still a private on this forum, under the assumption the only ones in power would be Brocky and Geoff. It wasn't my decision to have Brocky approach me and offer me the general position because he would be going inactive.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:45 am by sticki »

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Cruiser
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2019, 02:44 pm »
I never said whether he should or shouldn’t pay for he server; I was merely answering anew’s question.

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Cruiser
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2019, 04:59 pm »
When I was paying for the server I had no money saved up. Never have. I was working a job that made me miserable for $11 an hour and a lot of that went towards the server. I know you don't want my sob story but it was a lot of time I invested into this job. Eventually I couldn't do it anymore so I put a bunch of extra money into the server to ensure it doesn't die out once I suddenly lost all my money because I'm really bad at that sort of stuff. I killed off the server not because I couldn't pay for it anymore, there's still 7 months worth of funds inside of that account. I can't just pull it out even if I wanted to, it's only to be used with my server provider now. I pulled the plug to ensure that money could be used for the future, not because I gained anything. It was simply a pragmatic decision made to ensure the forum would last as long as possible. Nothing I've done thus far has been for selfish intentions because I gain nothing from doing this. I don't make friends from doing this, I don't gain respect or anything. I don't even want to make this post because it isn't as big of a deal as it might seem like I'm making it out to be, I only say this because I want to point out that I'm not hellbent on asserting myself in a position of power for the sake of anything selfish. I pulled the plug while I was still a private on this forum, under the assumption the only ones in power would be Brocky and Geoff. It wasn't my decision to have Brocky approach me and offer me the general position because he would be going inactive.
If you don't care about asserting your authority in all aspects of the site, what made you inclined to shut down my recruitment center before the rest of the moderators confirmed they wanted it shut down?  Or, why didn't you give me a chance to revise it or bring your problems to me in the first place?  I mean, it's not like you are even an editor or anything like that.

sticki

« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2019, 05:20 pm »
If you don't care about asserting your authority in all aspects of the site, what made you inclined to shut down my recruitment center before the rest of the moderators confirmed they wanted it shut down?  Or, why didn't you give me a chance to revise it or bring your problems to me in the first place?  I mean, it's not like you are even an editor or anything like that.
this discussion has taken place before already and I couldn't formulate a response superior to my ones from before because my memory is hazy. I will, if I didn't before, admit my fault in not having a confirmation sign off with the rest of the team, and for that I am sorry, but either way the outcome that occured would have been the same regardless of what I did, so the what happened was inevitable. The lack of asking you to revise the system was due to a past agreement on you not running it to begin with.

Offline Meta KnighT

• Mainsite Employee
  • Cruiser
  • #GetTrumped
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2019, 07:43 pm »
this discussion has taken place before already and I couldn't formulate a response superior to my ones from before because my memory is hazy. I will, if I didn't before, admit my fault in not having a confirmation sign off with the rest of the team, and for that I am sorry, but either way the outcome that occured would have been the same regardless of what I did, so the what happened was inevitable. The lack of asking you to revise the system was due to a past agreement on you not running it to begin with.
Yet, oddly enough, I was never made aware of that past agreement either in any way.

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 06, 2019, 02:52 pm »
Why would Liam cakes even do such a thing? He is one of the least expected members to do such a thing. lmao

Offline swedenplatformge

• In-order to change your soul, you need to first change your environment.
  • 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2019, 01:58 pm »
The only thing that upsets me is that people are able to accept Liam's not-so-good apology. All while my not-so-good apology towards Leah cannot be accepted.

It's just weird... And makes little to no sense. When you compare the massive damage he has caused compared to the one I've made.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2019, 02:42 pm »
The only thing that upsets me is that people are able to accept Liam's not-so-good apology. All while my not-so-good apology towards Leah cannot be accepted.

It's just weird... And makes little to no sense. When you compare the massive damage he has caused compared to the one I've made.
I understand why you would be upset.

No, it make sense. People like him more than they like you. Therefore, it's easier for people to forgive him than it is you.

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
  • Personal text located here
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2019, 03:54 pm »

For one thing, it also has an influence when someone does something UNINTENTIONALLY and genuinely feels remorse whilst taking responsibility for what happened. On the other hand, I'll just quote you...

"Not-so-good apology"

Just accept that what happened, happened. There's literally no point in complaining when you don't have the benefit of the doubt which is justified.
Perseverance is a blessing

Offline Dark Chronicle

• Launcher
  • asr
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2019, 04:30 pm »
I'd be okay if it disappeared again. Looking at old threads hurts my chest.

Also Liam bad apology lul

sticki

« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2019, 04:56 pm »
You want something in return, Sweden. I would forgive Liam regardless of an apology because his remorse was apparent, even if he didn't display maturity in taking responsibility initially. I met the guy and he isn't intentionally trying to harm anyone. It boils down to a not-so-well-thought-out decision with good intentions but little to no precautions. A mistake, if you will. Your apologies and attempts to make amends are masqueraded and played up versions of essentially saying (I'm sorry you feel that way). Liam's decision has little to do with who he is as a person, while what you do/have done has everything to do with your personality. You're just not the kind of person that people feel comfortable around here, and an apology doesn't change that. It's easy to forgive a person when what they did is a mistake that isn't going to happen again and isn't a byproduct of the way they treat people.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 04:58 pm by sticki »

Offline Sephei

• Turtle Enthusiast 🐢 5th Place EGD13
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • i hate 2019 wind
    • View Profile
    • My dead YT channel
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2019, 05:14 pm »
after spending a good 20 minutes reading this thread I can say without a doubt in my mind that its the best thread on this forum

Offline wordigirl

• Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2019, 08:41 pm »
🤦
God bless you all.

Offline swedenplatformge

• In-order to change your soul, you need to first change your environment.
  • 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2019, 09:42 am »
Alright, I understand now guys. We can stop chatting about it here, as I've learned my lesson.

Offline canyoumakeit13

• AK47 BoYz 😎
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
  • My god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2019, 11:39 pm »
part of me wants to forgive liam but part of me doesnt

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2019, 07:38 am »
part of me wants to drink tea but part of me wants coffee

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2019, 09:20 am »
Part of me wants this thread locked and the other part of me also wants this thread locked. Part of me wants the discussion to get back on topic and the other part also wants it on topic.

Check out THUNDER X

Offline wordigirl

• Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2019, 09:31 am »
Part of me wants this thread locked and the other part of me also wants this thread locked. Part of me wants the discussion to get back on topic and the other part also wants it on topic.
Why is this really funny?
God bless you all.