Author Topic: [APPLICATION] Breaking the Computer will relieve my stress  (Read 130 times)

Offline X

• Mortar
  • Ohai.
    • View Profile
REVIEW NOTE: I have won the game. Just look at the leaderboards. I'm m11dsauce.

/END NOTE

Game: Diseased

By whom: woodchuck

Type of game: Platformer.

Hello readers, (At least I hope you do) I am here voluntarily to review this game. It's been ages since I've made an application, so I might as well try my luck. I found time to type an application while being sick on my vacation in Europe, so I might as well use my time wisely. Also, I always was fond of short essay typing, so yeah. Anyways, let's get back to the game. That what reviews are made for, right?

So, woodchuck got this game featured recently, and it already has attracted a lot of gamers to try their luck with this game. Before I played the game, I've always seen him with great potential to making a great game, hopefully featured. I have played some of his other games, and I was impressed with his creativity. So, I have mildly high expectations, since this game was featured.

If you have read the title of this review, which says 'Breaking the computer will relieve my stress', You could probably obviously can tell this game made me rage. And he did it in the right way. The parkour made me so frustrated that I was about to punch the computer. Inside my head, I was screaming: " AAAAAAHHH! WHAT THE CRUD, WHAT THE CRUD, WHAT THE CRUD!!!!" Eventually, I passed through the parkour, mad at myself when I saw a way easier path.

But, it wasn't only the parkour that was amazing. The scenery! Oh my gosh, the scenery. When you look at the background with your torch, you would obviously immediately notice that he didn't rush through making the game. He said it was ruins, and it looked like it. This really surprised me, since I know that woodchuck didn't always focus on scenery that much in the earlier games.

BUT (Man I got to stop using butts), It seemed that he focused more on realism in the game. What I mean by realism, is by how he made the action and puzzles. What surprised me is how many puzzles in the game he had in it. He usually had puzzles at every single corner in the earlier games, but it looks like he didn't want to focus on puzzles.

And, the action wasn't at it's height in this game. Although he focused more on suspense and realism, It could have been better if he added more enemies, especially since this was a zombie post-apocalyptic game, and especially in the early levels. I'm not saying it wasn't hard in the early levels, I'm saying I expected a little more with the action.

But, on the bright side, he did add in great traps for the player fall into (or climb into) their doom. Especially in the mid levels, where if you fell into one, you were in big doodoo. Yep, that's right. Capitalized DOODOO. He had some pretty good tricks up his sleeve. Hopefully you would see them before you fell into them, although some you just can't see them.

Also, he had a great storyline and plot into this game. It help increase the realism into this game, boosting up his score. Again, like I said in one of the many paragraphs, he focused more on realism in this game. I know, I know, this was a short paragraph. I've probably typed too much though.

Ratting time!

Action: 7/10
Puzzles: 6/10
Scenery: 9.5/10
Story: 9/10
Traps: 9/10
Gameplay: 10/10

*Remember that if it's over 8/10, I would say it was feature worthy.

Overall Score (Drum Please!): 8.4/10!

I will keep the conclusion short and sweet, 'cause of the long review. The game was feature worthy in some ways. Like the gameplay, traps, story, and scenery. Although I expected a little more in Action and Puzzles, I still loved the game.

Can you beat my time? I got 27:35.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:10 am by X »

Offline Princess Ody

• Disruptor
  • ''In Vorkuta, we are ALL Xploder584s..." - Reznov
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel: SploderGameboy
Re: [APPLICATION] I feel Diseased already
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53 am »

Offline X

• Mortar
  • Ohai.
    • View Profile
Re: [APPLICATION] Breaking the Computer will relieve my stress
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:23 pm »
Bumped

Offline #justforfun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Being Rus3000 since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37 pm »
Good luck :D

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:17 pm »
Bump, don't have time to read it right now.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D