Author Topic: [Application] Its All About Exclamation!  (Read 350 times)

Offline lobert1922

• Guard
  • I am a Cat King
    • View Profile
[Application] Its All About Exclamation!
« on: June 22, 2013, 05:16 pm »
Game - Exclamation Mark
Creator - Sladnerm
Type - Physics Puzzle Maker (PPG)

Hey, whats up guys. Today I'll be reviewing a Physics Puzzle Game called Exclamation Mark by Sladnerm. I, personally have played a few of his games and I can certainly see that he has a bright future making PPG games. So, without further a due I’ll start this review.

Basically, the game is about a little square who has to get to a rectangle to make his “exclamation mark” (as there are only a few exclamation marks in the game) while collecting happy faces as well as dodging  “angry” faces. You’ll definitely need to be quick and fast in order to beat this game. As well as a sharp eye to help you in the different levels.

My first thoughts indicated that this game may just be simple and plain and has nothing review-worthy about it. But, as more as I played I could tell sladnerm took time to carefully design this game so that it could be well-built. Furthermore, at first the first couple of levels did seem rather bland. Why? Because the only things in the levels were basically, a couple of rectangles, a few faces, and a block. But, I noticed that scenery and pretty graphics don’t truly make a game great. And, I could see that this game didn’t need fancy graphics in order for it to be a good game.

However, as I progressed through the first couple of levels I realized that sladnerm had clearly made this game to get harder and harder as it went along. And, though this may not suit other gamers this certainly made me continue on playing trying to figure out how to get past a certain level, or how to avoid the evil faces as I collected the yellow smiley faces. Another feature of this game that intrigued me as I went along was that it had so much variety, one level would be a boss battle, as another would be a labyrinth, and yet another would be a test of speed. Also, I soon noticed how this was clearly meant for expert problem-solvers and thinkers, as well as hard-core gamers. The levels continuously seemed to get harder, but with the more levels, came more variety and that is something I really liked about this game.

In conclusion, I thought this game was pretty great, and though it may not match out to one of the top PPG games out there. I truly believed that this game truly has potential as it had such a variety of things in it. So, now its time for the ratings.

Gameplay – 4/5

Design – 3/5    (could of used more complex games but I loved the variety)

Creativity – 4/5 (definitely good considering how there were mazes, bosses, and more!)

Puzzles - 2/5 (not so many puzzles but there were a few little ones)

Feature Worthy? Not quite, though it was a great game I believe it could of used more puzzles and complex areas. But, I admit it was a good game and I really enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:04 pm by lobert1922 »

Offline sladnerm

• Launcher
  • Try to do your best. Life is a thing.
    • View Profile
Re: [Application] Its All About Exclamation!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:14 pm »
Thank you very much! I liked it, and I wish I could accept this!

Offline lobert1922

• Guard
  • I am a Cat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:12 pm »
Opinions about my App are completely welcome :D

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 03:39 am »
Not to get you down bro, but it was a little short. That was the same length as mine when I did mine and it got deny'd because it was short. Hurry, edit it, make it longer before a recruiter sees it. Then it might get accepted.
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37 am »
Not to get you down bro, but it was a little short. That was the same length as mine when I did mine and it got deny'd because it was short. Hurry, edit it, make it longer before a recruiter sees it. Then it might get accepted.
Remember, don't give advice if you're not a reviewer/recruiter.

Yes, your review was short and I feel like it could have more detail to make it more interesting. Instead of going into detail about a broad subject (e.g: gameplay) you can select a particular part in the level and go into detail about that (without giving to much information away, of course).

Good luck. ;)

Offline bijesnazaba

• Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
  • Go go go Grosjean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:23 pm »
Remember, don't give advice if you're not a reviewer/recruiter.

Yes, your review was short and I feel like it could have more detail to make it more interesting. Instead of going into detail about a broad subject (e.g: gameplay) you can select a particular part in the level and go into detail about that (without giving to much information away, of course).

Good luck. ;)

Can I say a thing?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:25 pm by bijesnazaba »
Join ARS, we need more members. :)) :)) Please. Look at this cool driver below:

Isn't he fenomenal!

Offline rocketeer

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 05:52 pm »

Quality>Quantity anytime. Of course, it's hard to write a quality review in a couple sentences. But there have been short but sweet reviews that are shorter than this one. Sort of like float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Survival of the Fittest

Offline lobert1922

• Guard
  • I am a Cat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 09:26 pm »
Still waiting for somebody to deny or accept...

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 02:15 am »
Now I found out Rocketeer is naturistic.
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline Donsnipz

• Cruiser
  • I'm Mexican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 02:24 am »
Quality over quantity.
You Only Live Once!

Take part in Snipz' Game Contest Weekly (SGCW)!

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:18 pm »
bump, don't have time to read it right now.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline lobert1922

• Guard
  • I am a Cat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 10:43 pm »
Anyone?