Author Topic: How Do You Feel About The Forum? Your Ideas?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline liamnight

• Electropede
  • Have a question? PM me!
    • View Profile
How Do You Feel About The Forum? Your Ideas?
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:06 am »
Fused for a short time.

Have a forum idea? Want to voice your opinions? Place them here. I will read them over and may even be suggested in the LL, or involved in an upcoming project.

The idea can be either big or small.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:47 am by liamnight »

Accomplishments:
  - Set up the Informer
  - Set up a Gameshow (Trials)
  - Create and upload an addon at the previous forums (warnings)

Promotions:

Sr: December 2011
  Lt: August 20th 2012
  Gn: Feb 16th 2013

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
  • A good post a day keeps the moderators away!
    • View Profile
Re: Have Any Forum Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:16 am »
i just want one thing, let grunts thank or smite
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline Eth

• NOT EPIC MODERATOR
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I forgot what I was going to put here...oh well.
    • View Profile
    • Catch me on YouTube!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:16 am »
Customize-able skins for the forums that you can unlock/get. Weird but idk.

Offline Arcanus

• +Purified by the Light of Gamma+
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I am the supreme leader of S.C.O.U.R.G.E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 01:22 am »
Maybe we could bring back Groups? I personally found the whole 'Alpha, Beta, and Delta' thing quite fun.

Also, we could have weekly contests and challenges where we can win various prizes. (Like forum awards and custom titles)

Offline bocchi!

• General
  • Mortar
  • Purity EGD7.
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Feel About The Forum? Your Ideas?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 01:45 am »
A new rank would count as an add-on, right? Either way, might as well put this here; I want a new rank called Trainee. The name could be changed. Anyway, it would be a rank in between Private and Lieutenant, having no association with Soldier. Soldier is a social rank, Trainee would be a business position. It would be somewhat similar to major, slight differences could be made. Helpful Privates (or Soldiers) can be promoted to Trainee, sort of like a "training" rank for Lieutenant. The user would stay a Trainee for 1-4 weeks, and the Lts and Generals would see how they did. If they did a good job and helped the forum, they would be promoted to Lieutenant. This would replace the orthodox Soldier-->Lieutenant process with a Trainee-->Lieutenant process. Every Private/Soldier would have to go through Trainee to get to Lt. This would help decide who really will help the forum, considering not all Soldiers are helpful, and there are plenty of Privates who are.

An idea of the powers Trainee could have would be locking threads, and seeing a category specifically for Trainees where they can communicate with Lts+. They would also have more power overall, as in: If a Trainee tells you that you're breaking the rules and you fail to comply with them, they can get you POWed through the Trainee Category.

-----

I also want to give Privates and Soldiers more say on the moderators. The mods are to help, right? So why not give the lower-ranked members more power on who governs them? Whenever a new General was needed, there would be a mass voting thread in General Section. Votes would be public, and would be tallied by whoever volunteered to do so. This rubric would be used--

Generals - 3 votes
Lieutenants - 2 votes
Soldiers - 1 vote
Privates - 1/2 vote

The rubric could be altered to make it easiest. All the votes would come together, and if the user being voted on had 80% yeses or above, they would be promoted to mod.

EX.
General A - Yes (3 yeses)
General B - No (3 noes)
Lieutenant A - Yes (2 yeses)
Lieutenant B - No (2 noes)
Soldier A - Yes (1 yes)
Soldier B - Yes (1 yes)
Private A - Yes (1/2 yes)
Private B - Yes (1/2 yes)
Private C - Yes (1/2 yes)

That would tally out to a majority of yes-votes, therefore the user would be promoted. To make things clearer, the Privates/Soldiers wouldn't vote for Lieutenants, only moderators.

Offline fangdam7920

• Lieutenant
  • Cruiser
  • Man gang
    • View Profile
    • splod
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 05:27 am »
I think there should be more emoticons. Or backgrounds that are easier to put on
H

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06 am »
Maybe we could bring back Groups? I personally found the whole 'Alpha, Beta, and Delta' thing quite fun.

Also, we could have weekly contests and challenges where we can win various prizes. (Like forum awards and custom titles)
As minjaze said, weekly games would be a nice thing to look forward to. Maybe every weekend or something?
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 08:32 am »
I think we shouldn't think about it too much. Not that the idea's are awful.
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 09:11 am »
More gameshows.

Offline Transcendent

• Disruptor
  • Religious Reviews/Religious2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 09:24 am »
A new rank would count as an add-on, right? Either way, might as well put this here; I want a new rank called Trainee. The name could be changed. Anyway, it would be a rank in between Private and Lieutenant, having no association with Soldier. Soldier is a social rank, Trainee would be a business position. It would be somewhat similar to major, slight differences could be made. Helpful Privates (or Soldiers) can be promoted to Trainee, sort of like a "training" rank for Lieutenant. The user would stay a Trainee for 1-4 weeks, and the Lts and Generals would see how they did. If they did a good job and helped the forum, they would be promoted to Lieutenant. This would replace the orthodox Soldier-->Lieutenant process with a Trainee-->Lieutenant process. Every Private/Soldier would have to go through Trainee to get to Lt. This would help decide who really will help the forum, considering not all Soldiers are helpful, and there are plenty of Privates who are.

An idea of the powers Trainee could have would be locking threads, and seeing a category specifically for Trainees where they can communicate with Lts+. They would also have more power overall, as in: If a Trainee tells you that you're breaking the rules and you fail to comply with them, they can get you POWed through the Trainee Category.

-----

I also want to give Privates and Soldiers more say on the moderators. The mods are to help, right? So why not give the lower-ranked members more power on who governs them? Whenever a new General was needed, there would be a mass voting thread in General Section. Votes would be public, and would be tallied by whoever volunteered to do so. This rubric would be used--

Generals - 3 votes
Lieutenants - 2 votes
Soldiers - 1 vote
Privates - 1/2 vote

The rubric could be altered to make it easiest. All the votes would come together, and if the user being voted on had 80% yeses or above, they would be promoted to mod.

EX.
General A - Yes (3 yeses)
General B - No (3 noes)
Lieutenant A - Yes (2 yeses)
Lieutenant B - No (2 noes)
Soldier A - Yes (1 yes)
Soldier B - Yes (1 yes)
Private A - Yes (1/2 yes)
Private B - Yes (1/2 yes)
Private C - Yes (1/2 yes)

That would tally out to a majority of yes-votes, therefore the user would be promoted. To make things clearer, the Privates/Soldiers wouldn't vote for Lieutenants, only moderators.
^This

-17 gold
1 conqueror armor

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 11:00 am »
Groups.

And Charis's idea, or something similar like 'Soldier/LT Applications'.

Offline Creeperzkillyou

• Cruiser
  • The One Who Stands Is The One Who Dies....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 12:34 pm »
I Feel.......... IT'S AWESOME!

Problem?

Offline lobert1922

• Guard
  • I am a Cat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 12:44 pm »

Weekly contests sounds great :D

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 01:27 pm »
Groups/ Awards/ Gameshows  ;)

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 01:52 pm »
A beginning rank prior to private called Beginner.  You will have this rank until you reach 250 posts.  During this time you can only see a Beginner's General (which is also viewable to privates and soldiers), Game Sharing, and Basic Training.  The Beginners can get used to forums and understand how it works and acts forcefully without having to deal with the drama filled transitions.  Letting the privates and soldiers see the category can allow them to teach them or make friends before entering the full forum.

WAMBAMMAKEITHAPPEN

Offline bigfootbasher

• Heavy Cruiser
  • -Brandon Christian
    • View Profile
    • Paradise Forums
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 02:14 pm »
A beginning rank prior to private called Beginner.  You will have this rank until you reach 250 posts.  During this time you can only see a Beginner's General (which is also viewable to privates and soldiers), Game Sharing, and Basic Training.  The Beginners can get used to forums and understand how it works and acts forcefully without having to deal with the drama filled transitions.  Letting the privates and soldiers see the category can allow them to teach them or make friends before entering the full forum.

WAMBAMMAKEITHAPPEN
That's what basic training is for, is it not?

Offline fangdam7920

• Lieutenant
  • Cruiser
  • Man gang
    • View Profile
    • splod
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 02:54 pm »
More groups sounds good
H

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 03:50 pm »
That's what basic training is for, is it not?

Yeah but honestly, who really goes through and reads what's in there?  Very few.  Most come directly into General and act like dumbasses, get mad when people mess with them, annoy everyone and bring more on themselves, etc.  That is why I put 'FORCEFULLY' so they must go through the stages of learning how to do things and it will also help them prepare for the actual General.  Try reading my words a bit closer next time.

Offline bigfootbasher

• Heavy Cruiser
  • -Brandon Christian
    • View Profile
    • Paradise Forums
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 03:52 pm »
Yeah but honestly, who really goes through and reads what's in there?  Very few.  Most come directly into General and act like dumbasses, get mad when people mess with them, annoy everyone and bring more on themselves, etc.  That is why I put 'FORCEFULLY' so they must go through the stages of learning how to do things and it will also help them prepare for the actual General.  Try reading my words a bit closer next time.
Then you may as well bring back the "Trainee" rank. And we are not going there again.

EDIT - trust me, I read them pretty well.

Offline bigfootbasher

• Heavy Cruiser
  • -Brandon Christian
    • View Profile
    • Paradise Forums
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 03:56 pm »
Also, when are half these privates going to help? They will just troll xD

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 03:58 pm »
Just because something didn't go great the first time around doesn't mean you have to kill idea.  Perhaps take what worked from the first and add in what could make it better.  I don't see what would be the big deal of having people get 250 posts before viewing the whole forum.

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 04:00 pm »
It would also make people less likely to use alts.  I mean those who are dedicated will go through the whole process to get their alt but those who are just looking for something to do won't do it all.  Also, it'll give mods time to investigate them before they get to General.

Offline bigfootbasher

• Heavy Cruiser
  • -Brandon Christian
    • View Profile
    • Paradise Forums
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 04:07 pm »
It would also make people less likely to use alts.  I mean those who are dedicated will go through the whole process to get their alt but those who are just looking for something to do won't do it all.  Also, it'll give mods time to investigate them before they get to General.
I know how to stop people using alts, use the current process of IP checking those suspicious of. Alts are not a big deal here.

Just because something didn't go great the first time around doesn't mean you have to kill idea.  Perhaps take what worked from the first and add in what could make it better.  I don't see what would be the big deal of having people get 250 posts before viewing the whole forum.
1. 250 posts isn't exactly a small amount, I've been back nearly two weeks and posted quite a bit. But, I have only posted around 170 so far.
2. It failed. End of.
3. There's no point in stalling people to see the forums when you can see it as a guest and it will make people turn around and leave before posting 250.
4. GET OVER IT.

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 04:11 pm »
Get over what?  You aren't shooting down ideas.  Looks like several people agree with me anyways.  And I guess since you've not been here for awhile, you may not know, but alts happen a lot and IP checking doesn't always get them.  Xploder had like 5 alts and used them all, Amdri had several, and there were more.  But to the main topic, people who are new to the forums post a lot their first days and can easily get there.  And if 250 is too high we can adjust the number.  Since you've only been back for near a week, I don't think you're in place to be discussing what is best for the forum as you've not seen everything that has happened recently or in all.

Offline bigfootbasher

• Heavy Cruiser
  • -Brandon Christian
    • View Profile
    • Paradise Forums
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 04:21 pm »
Get over what?  You aren't shooting down ideas.  Looks like several people agree with me anyways.  And I guess since you've not been here for awhile, you may not know, but alts happen a lot and IP checking doesn't always get them.  Xploder had like 5 alts and used them all, Amdri had several, and there were more.  But to the main topic, people who are new to the forums post a lot their first days and can easily get there.  And if 250 is too high we can adjust the number.  Since you've only been back for near a week, I don't think you're in place to be discussing what is best for the forum as you've not seen everything that has happened recently or in all.
I've been here two years longer than you. So no, not recently. And I have been talking to people from the forum to catch up, I have been talking to GMB the whole time, Butterball2 until a month or so ago and a few old friends on Facebook, from Sploder. Remember to check your facts next time :) In fact why am I not in a place to discuss what's best for the forum? Am I not allowed to express myself because you don't want a counter argument? Am I not allowed to say what I think and what I know is wrong? I could go on to bore you with dumb facts about my right to discuss my opinion but I'll save you that. You can't just say I'm wrong before countering me, yourself. You can't just say that maybe this time it will work. What happens if it screws up? What are you going to do? Nothing. The trainee rank failed, the concept was genius but in practise this failed. We can't just create this silly little rank because a few of you guys like it. The idea's good but it won't work, too many people are signing up on this forum and at some point (probably soon in the practise) it will blow up.
You can't say I can't have an opinion. And this won't work, for a start most of the generals will remember what happened with the trainee rank and they will not vote for it. Just think of some new idea.
Sorry but you have a good idea which won't work.

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 04:33 pm »
I did type a whole long response but my internet had web acceleration decline and it didn't go through.  So to wrap up what I tried to say is: Never said you couldn't have an opinion but your outlook may be a bit outdated for the current moment.  I listed some examples why this would work and that it is not what they've done in the past is something DIFFERENT just with the same basis.  And to just agree to disagree and let the actual judge decide.

Offline Socialize

• Cruiser
  • MS: Socializ3 I'm friendly and nice! talk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 04:41 pm »
Maybe show who smite us and we can smite back. LOL! I'll go to the main idea. What about extending the topic per page? Like instead of 6 extend it to 10 so not many people have to BUMP the topic of many created topics. (Like in general for example.) :)

~Visit my MSM~
~Add as friend~

award List:

thank list:

Offline kyl3

• Disruptor
  • kyleissocoollike/awesomekid123/moviesworthwatching
    • View Profile
    • 4chan
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 05:00 pm »
Here's what we need:

Customizable dashboards (home)
Charis's idea (except it be called Specialist)
Ranks that are NOT so biased
Rename Soldier to Sergeant
Rename MSO Employee to Corporal
Rename Moderator to Colonel

~-Kyle-~

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 06:30 pm »
Maybe show who smite us and we can smite back. LOL! I'll go to the main idea. What about extending the topic per page? Like instead of 6 extend it to 10 so not many people have to BUMP the topic of many created topics. (Like in general for example.) :)

You can already do the second part by going to your profile settings.

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
  • A good post a day keeps the moderators away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 06:34 pm »
Troyio why are you a grunt lmao
my irl pic no h8 plz