Author Topic: Can we settle something?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
Re: Can we settle something?
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2013, 09:37 am »
Ok, so bottm line, this is still about scourge and minjaze. I would be lying if I said I thought he was soldier worthy.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44 am »
Ok, so bottm line, this is still about scourge and minjaze. I would be lying if I said I thought he was soldier worthy.
No it isn't, I find Glowingbluewolf, Matthade2, Minjaze, ect. to be soldier worthy. It's a large list of people that were rejected or are getting bad votes because of such nonsense as "annoyingness".
Nani?

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2013, 09:55 am »
No just had to add my opinion on Minj, this isn't about him. Like I said not everyone who deserves it gets it and I accept that fact-grudgingly

Although...Minjaze is sociable, talented, funny, annoying (lol), has personality and is VERY helpful. He'll help anyone who asks him. Being willing to help others is part of my personal criteria-you get big bonus points with me for that.

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2013, 09:57 am »
Although...Minjaze is sociable, talented, funny, annoying (lol), has personality and is VERY helpful. He'll help anyone who asks him. Being willing to help others is part of my personal criteria-you get big bonus points with me for that.

I agree with that, especially that part of the criteria.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2013, 10:00 am »
It is a legit reason. You would hate any reason people give that you don't agree with against your friends.

It is a highly subjective system we have been trying to deal with for years. The fact is, it used to be really easy to identify soldier worthy material, but now, younger people have gotten into the barracks, and they are voting for their friends. The standards have gotten lower/and/or changed, whatever, but this system isn't made to deal with the current generation.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2013, 10:05 am »
I hate this type of saying. It is the main way to get to Lt, and it is usually unlikely to skip the rank. I mean, the LL has bypassing, too, right?

Plus, we we do skip the rank, the induvidual will be disliked by some people.
No, us lts are open to promoting any member from any rank, so that is invalid.

And soldier IS a social rank, if you don't want it to be, we can always purge.
#WCGP

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2013, 10:05 am »
I also think lt is a social rank too, just slighlt less of one.
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2013, 10:47 am »
If it was a "social rank" then why the hell is it the midway point between private and Lt?
Nani?

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a poet and play the ukulele. I'm pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54 am »
Let me guess... this is about Spida saying Minja was annoying?
MY BAD FOR BEING TIRED.  GUESS WHAT?  I CAN LIST A SMALL INVENTORY OF BAD QUALITIES FOR EVERYONE, BUT I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD KEEP IT SIMPLE.  MINJA IS NAIVE.  HE EXPECTS TOO MUCH WHEN GIVEN LITTLE.  HE TAKES THINGS TOO FAR (NOT SCOURGE, I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT SO STOP PRETENDING EVERYONE DOES).  HE CAN BE QUITE PRESUMPTUOUS AT TIMES, LEADING TO ACTIONS THAT SEEM RADICAL AND "ANNOYING".  FINALLY, ONE OF THE SUBTLE THINGS I LOOK FOR, HE RELISHED A TAD TOO MUCH IN HIS SUCCESS, NOT LIKE GLOATING, BUT MORE ALONG THE LINES OF A SMUG MISDEMEANOR.

Happy Shad?  Because now I will write all my denial reasons in all caps
For fifty and nine he swam along just fine, a mind that’s trained to see, always would know what goes on inside, goes on in me.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2013, 10:56 am »
Why the fuuck are you telling me JUST about Minjaze? Not only is most of that exaggerated and thus slander, I've stated MANY times this isn't just about Minjaze. Bloody hell man.
Nani?

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2013, 11:01 am »
Why the fuuck are you telling me JUST about Minjaze? Not only is most of that exaggerated and thus slander, I've stated MANY times this isn't just about Minjaze. Bloody hell man.
WHAT THE FUUCK ARE YOU SAYING?  MY OPINIONS ARE EXAGGERATED?  YOU ARE SO FUUCKING STUBBORN SHUT THE HELL UP.  HOW CAN MY OBSERVATIONS ABOUT AN INDIVIDUAL BE EXAGGERATED?  TELL ME, I'D LOVE TO KNOW; THIS IS OBVIOUSLY JUST YOUR OPINIONS GETTING IN THE WAY OF OTHERS AND YOU JUST SHUT EVERYONE OUT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.  I NEVER SAID THIS WAS JUST ABOUT MINJA, BUT I USUALLY DON'T VOTE ON ANY OTHER SOLDIERS, SO THIS IS ALL THAT APPLIES TO ME; FURTHERMORE, I REALLY WASN'T DIRECTING MY COMMENT AT YOU, MORE LIKE WHOEVER STILL HELD RESENTMENT FOR MY "OPINION".  MY COMMENT AT THE END WAS DIRECTED AT YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE THE REASON I HAD TO WRITE THAT ENTIRE PARAGRAPH.
For fifty and nine he swam along just fine, a mind that’s trained to see, always would know what goes on inside, goes on in me.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2013, 11:06 am »
Well for one thing I don't see how he takes things too far. Calling him naive is a bold statement with little proof. Just a couple of exaggerated bits there off the top of my head.

Next time don't make it seem aimed towards me if it isn't, that's why I didn't get why you were telling me about Minjaze when he's only ONE of the reasons I made this thread.

And for the love of god, it's not like I have a gun to the back of your head, you don't HAVE to post paragraphs because I simply made a thread.
Nani?

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2013, 11:08 am »
And before you tell me that my opinions are exaggerated because I want to look correct or have reason or anything, let me assure you that is my statements there were the utmost truth.  I really don't take soldier promos lightly

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2013, 11:12 am »

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 11:13 am »
Well for one thing I don't see how he takes things too far. Calling him naive is a bold statement with little proof. Just a couple of exaggerated bits there off the top of my head.

Next time don't make it seem aimed towards me if it isn't, that's why I didn't get why you were telling me about Minjaze when he's only ONE of the reasons I made this thread.

And for the love of god, it's not like I have a gun to the back of your head, you don't HAVE to post paragraphs because I simply made a thread.
EXACTLY, YOU DON'T SEE BECAUSE HE IS YOUR FUCKING FRIEND.  DO YOU REALIZE HOW FUCKING BORING IT IS TO BE OBJECTIVE?  I TRY MY BEST NOT TO LET FRIENDSHIP GET IN THE WAY WHEN VOTING, AND THIS IS A TIME WHERE IT DOESN'T BECAUSE HE ISN'T MY FRIEND.  DON'T BE THAT PRICK ASKING FOR PROOF, BECAUSE I: 1. DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS AND 2. EVEN IF I DID BRING PROOF, YOU'D STILL BRUSH IT ASIDE LIKE THE OVERLY CONFIDENT TWAT YOU ARE.  LASTLY, YEAH, I'M GOING TO POST, NOT BECAUSE OF "the gun to the back of my head" BUT RATHER THE FACT THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WHO GOES AGAINST MINJAZE IS A RETARD BECAUSE HE IS THE GREATEST SOLDIER CANDIDATE SINCE ZAS04.

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 11:17 am »
I agree, the soldier rank is trying to pretend it's the best of both worlds right now.  They want to be exclusive and still promote their buddies at the same time, 2 solutions:

Soldier Rank Cleanup
or
Just promote every moderately acceptable person

Offline Queen Probe

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Don't want to be that guy
    • View Profile
    • Like my Facebook page!
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 11:33 am »
I agree, the soldier rank is trying to pretend it's the best of both worlds right now.  They want to be exclusive and still promote their buddies at the same time, 2 solutions:

Soldier Rank Cleanup
or
Just promote every moderately acceptable person

If we give a power to the soldiers sooner or later when someone gets promoted, they'll abuse the hell out of it, majority of the people will forget the criteria, and get back to where we are now and then make another thread about it agfain. Its basically a fuucking chain that there's no way to avoid, there's gonna be people on here (not saying any soldier is atm) who lack common sense and just troll. Even if they do met said requirements that lts would come up with.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 11:38 am »
I love how you act like you know me. If I see a friend in soldier voting and DON'T see them being soldier material(which has happened more times then any) I won't vote OR vote no on the poll. Also if you haven't noticed I don't suggest people so my bias that I try not to have doesn't get in the way. If you're done accusing people and name calling, shut the fuuck up, sit down, and grow up. If not then just gtfo, you're wasting not only my time but your own.
Nani?

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2013, 11:43 am »
Te first time we just decided to remove it and that went wrong.

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2013, 12:10 pm »
Come on, was all the cap screaming really called for?

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII

Offline Queen Probe

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Don't want to be that guy
    • View Profile
    • Like my Facebook page!
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2013, 12:11 pm »
Come on, was all the cap screaming really called for?

He was technically trying to get a point cross.

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2013, 12:21 pm »
He was technically trying to get a point cross.
I understand his motives-just not the most mature way to get your point across, but it's whatever...I'm not the boss of him lol.

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2013, 12:55 pm »
OH MY FUCCKING GOD.

HALF OF YOU GUYS ARE BEING IGNORANT.  YOU GUYS ARE ALL AWESOME, BUT COME ON.  SHUT THE FUUCK UP ABOUT MURDER THIS...ANNOYING THIS...PSYCHOLOGY THIS.

We aren't doing anything progressive.  That fact is that EVERYTIME you vote, give your reasons.  I think it should be mandatory, or else your vote doesn't fuccking count.  If we have all the reasons, we can work together better. 
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline NPC

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2013, 12:59 pm »
I like pie

Offline Ripto

• Mortar
  • Say hello to your new king!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2013, 01:14 pm »
OH MY FUCCKING GOD.

HALF OF YOU GUYS ARE BEING IGNORANT.  YOU GUYS ARE ALL AWESOME, BUT COME ON.  SHUT THE FUUCK UP ABOUT MURDER THIS...ANNOYING THIS...PSYCHOLOGY THIS.

We aren't doing anything progressive.  That fact is that EVERYTIME you vote, give your reasons.  I think it should be mandatory, or else your vote doesn't fuccking count.  If we have all the reasons, we can work together better.
I've actually mentioned this before sometime. If everyone gave their reason, people could maybe change their mind about the voting and convince. Alone as example was convinced recently from a no to an abstain (for now). Because of other people's arguements. Also getting rid of anonymous voting would get rid of potential invalid no's.
Adding reasons would also make the privates that pass see what certain people think is not soldier worthy about them and maybe addapt.
As example with my voting pass I had some no's. Nobody mentioned no +reason in the comments. I think nobody mentioned no at all. I still would like to know what people thought was no worthy about me. So I could for instance improve, or maybe not if I don't feel like it's valid. I have some ideas what would be the reason for me and who might have voted. I don't feel like I have changed anytime recently so those people still would like me out of here.
But that's besides the point. It's probably not going to change because being anonymous is a very attractive thing, also the percentage is directly counted, though it's not difficult to calculate at all.

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 02:31 pm »
You guys are all foused on the no's, but what about the yes's?  People just bandwagon yes because they kinda think people are cool.  Isn't that a problem too?

Offline etxbear

• The Ursamajor
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I farted.
    • View Profile
    • My Sploder Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 02:32 pm »
Mother of Christ lol

Offline Ripto

• Mortar
  • Say hello to your new king!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 02:46 pm »
You guys are all foused on the no's, but what about the yes's?  People just bandwagon yes because they kinda think people are cool.  Isn't that a problem too?
True, people vote yes for no valid reason sometimes. Forgot to mention that.

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 04:21 pm »
Jezzus! Can I not express my opinion without getting smited every time?? I see I've picked up another since I posted in this damn thread.

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 04:22 pm »
Jezzus! Can I not express my opinion without getting smited every time?? I see I've picked up another since I posted in this damn thread.

Here's a thank to make up for whoever smote you. ;)

Anyway, just look at Casper or I's smites. xD