Author Topic: Can we settle something?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Re: Can we settle something?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19 pm »
Let me guess... this is about Spida saying Minja was annoying?

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 09:22 pm »
I've lost hope in most, if not all, of you. This is really pathetic that you all can be so stubborn. It's pretty sad with how Lumber worded it being completely true.
Translation:

I have lost hope in you idiots because I'm right, I know I am right, and you guys refuse to accept what I believe to be right. And Lumberjay understands  the sad truth, here is a gold star.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24 pm »
Let me guess... this is about Spida saying Minja was annoying?
Nah, that was only one occasion of seeing annoying used. Mat used annoying with matthade I believe too.
Translation:

I have lost hope in you idiots because I'm right, I know I am right, and you guys refuse to accept what I believe to be right. And Lumberjay understands  the sad truth, here is a gold star.
Glad you understand.
Nani?

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 09:34 pm »
No, I disagree. Soldier is a social rank, this means that soldier is a FRIEND CIRCLE. Do you know what type of people don't get into friend circles? Annoying people.

And that is wrong in all cases. I find midgets short, does that mean I think I am short? No. And that can't be applied to everything anyways. lol
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 09:36 pm »
No, I disagree. Soldier is a social rank, this means that soldier is a FRIEND CIRCLE. Do you know what type of people don't get into friend circles? Annoying people.

And that is wrong in all cases. I find midgets short, does that mean I think I am short? No. And that can't be applied to everything anyways. lol
Because shortness is a physical property you nubcaik, lmao
Nani?

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:37 pm »
You didn't specify what type of trait. And it doesn't matter, I find some people to be extremely dumb. I know for a fact, that I am not dumb.
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 09:47 pm »
You didn't specify what type of trait. And it doesn't matter, I find some people to be extremely dumb. I know for a fact, that I am not dumb.
I assumed that I heard it from my psychology teacher would clarify that I meant mental/emotional over physical traits. Oh yeah, that's right, I heard this from somebody who has studied this. I highly doubt you're a professional in psychology so I will take his words over yours in this matter.
Nani?

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 09:55 pm »

Because everyone contains the capacity to be dumb, you dislike seeing people being dumb, because it is a manifestation of an inner trait that you contain the capacity for within yourself, and you dislike it.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 09:58 pm »
Because everyone contains the capacity to be dumb, you dislike seeing people being dumb, because it is a manifestation of an inner trait that you contain the capacity for within yourself, and you dislike it.
Oh, I was confused by what he meant. I don't dislike it, I just recognize that there are dumb people.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, I find people like glowie annoying, doesn't mean I find myself annoying.
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 10:01 pm »
Oh, I was confused by what he meant. I don't dislike it, I just recognize that there are dumb people.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, I find people like glowie annoying, doesn't mean I find myself annoying.
Are you truly being honest? Is there not a small part of you that you find to be annoying? I know you will say there isn't just so your point seems real, but at least think it in your head, answer to yourself honestly. It's a hard thing to admit, the truth usually is.
Nani?

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02 pm »
Not really anything that comes to mind, as far as I can tell.
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 10:06 pm »
That's fine, I wouldn't expect you to admit it. Tbh I would be surprised if you did. You know the real answer so I have nothing left to say in this.
Nani?

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 10:10 pm »
Translation: I believe everything I hear, and thus this THEORY can't be wrong in some cases.
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11 pm »
I believe in science, that is all there is to it. They are professionals in the case, who am I to argue with what I have not studied or have any knowledge on?
Nani?

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 10:15 pm »
It has to do with perception.
You perceive Glowie to be annoying, and if you acted like Glowie, you would find yourself annoying. You could act like Glowie, but you don't, because you find her behavior annoying.
You possess the ability, and that is the point: you dislike things that you could just as easily do yourself even subconsciously. You don't see the good in Glowie because you see what is bad about yourself in her. Because we all could act just like Glowie. We possess the same inherent traits.

Now my argument against this is obviously that we all have the capacity to kill, and using this argument would justify it by saying you are just seeing the things you hate about yourself in murderers (moral relativism).

Actions and choices are how we should judge a person.

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 10:17 pm »
o boi a big word fight let me break out my dictionary!

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 10:19 pm »
It has to do with perception.
You perceive Glowie to be annoying, and if you acted like Glowie, you would find yourself annoying. You could act like Glowie, but you don't, because you find her behavior annoying.
You possess the ability, and that is the point: you dislike things that you could just as easily do yourself even subconsciously. You don't see the good in Glowie because you see what is bad about yourself in her. Because we all could act just like Glowie. We possess the same inherent traits.

Now my argument against this is obviously that we all have the capacity to kill, and using this argument would justify it by saying you are just seeing the things you hate about yourself in murderers (moral relativism).

Actions and choices are how we should judge a person.
So basically, his theory doesn't apply.
#WCGP

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 10:19 pm »
Now your analogy makes a bit more sense. However I don't think it fits in this situation. I'm sure people if they knew they were murders wouldn't vote for them on this site for soldier, let alone fight for their cause. However in the case of annoyingness people do refuse to vote for them, yet here I am fighting for the cause at least.
Nani?

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 10:22 pm »
Now your analogy makes a bit more sense. However I don't think it fits in this situation. I'm sure people if they knew they were murders wouldn't vote for them on this site for soldier, let alone fight for their cause. However in the case of annoyingness people do refuse to vote for them, yet here I am fighting for the cause at least.
I'm sure that if people find others annoying, than they also won't vote them into the soldier rank.
#WCGP

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 10:23 pm »
So basically, his theory doesn't apply.

It does, but it is weak because this isn't a psychology class, and voting for your friends shouldn't require people to think this much.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24 pm »
I'm sure that if people find others annoying, than they also won't vote them into the soldier rank.
If you haven't noticed I didn't suggest the people, so again obviously I'm not the only one not annoyed by them.
Nani?

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25 pm »
It does, but it is weak because this isn't a psychology class, and voting for your friends shouldn't require people to think this much.
main reason it's weak is because it wasn't intended to be the core of my argument, lmao
Nani?

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2013, 02:13 am »

I hate this type of saying. It is the main way to get to Lt, and it is usually unlikely to skip the rank. I mean, the LL has bypassing, too, right?

Plus, we we do skip the rank, the induvidual will be disliked by some people.
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2013, 04:10 am »
     Swallow, the difference between killing and being annoying and why your anthology is invalid is because killing leaves a concrete consequence 100% of the time (one less living person) while annoyance may lead to any lasting effect (or any effect at all). Just because I find a friend annoying at times doesn't mean that I will do anything long term or at all about it. Heck, annoyingness requires one person to act in a specific (possibly unknown) way to annoy another person. Murder just requires someone to do one of many many things to a second person whom doesn't need to have any action or thoughts pertaining to it. We usually dislike murder because the concrete consequences can affect more things outside of just the act and basic consequence (what if the person was a farmer and now people are starving). Due to the nature of the two things (one is tangible, the other is mental) and requirements of them your argument can not fit.

Offline Poke579

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • The Old one. I am pokemaster579.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2013, 08:03 am »
If I had a dollar for every paragraph of writing in here, I'd have enough to buy an Xbox One xD
Imagine something witty.

No, not that witty, try again.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2013, 08:32 am »
If I had a dollar for every paragraph of writing in here, I'd have enough to buy an Xbox One xD
The real question is... Is the Xbox One worth all that money?
Nani?

Offline Poke579

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • The Old one. I am pokemaster579.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2013, 08:55 am »
The real question is... Is the Xbox One worth all that money?
Probably not xD, but I want Halo 5 =P
Imagine something witty.

No, not that witty, try again.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2013, 09:22 am »
Probably not xD, but I want Halo 5 =P

But Halo games are so boring, only the multiplayer is worth anything, but even then, not worth buying the game for.
     Swallow, the difference between killing and being annoying and why your anthology is invalid is because killing leaves a concrete consequence 100% of the time (one less living person) while annoyance may lead to any lasting effect (or any effect at all). Just because I find a friend annoying at times doesn't mean that I will do anything long term or at all about it. Heck, annoyingness requires one person to act in a specific (possibly unknown) way to annoy another person. Murder just requires someone to do one of many many things to a second person whom doesn't need to have any action or thoughts pertaining to it. We usually dislike murder because the concrete consequences can affect more things outside of just the act and basic consequence (what if the person was a farmer and now people are starving). Due to the nature of the two things (one is tangible, the other is mental) and requirements of them your argument can not fit.

Not really relevant to anything, but thanks for your input. And you guys obviously aren't familiar with the concept, so I am not even going to try to explain moral relativism, lol.

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2013, 09:24 am »
Being annoying is not really the problem, it's what kind of annoying are you? The funny, make you laugh annoying or the "OMG I'm going to drown this kid in the toilet" kind of annoying, like Kittysocks.

Being Soldier is a popularity contest. No everyone who deserves it makes it sadly-This is the way the world works. I do believe the system could use some structure-but it's not as simple as written criteria, you have to have what the French call a certain....I don't know. lol
I know a few people that would be good soldiers BUT they just don't quite have the personality-their not annoying  but..their missing something. Attitude maybe? IDK

Splode All of you!!!!!!!!!!I'm tired of writing and I hate you! I'm going back to bed!

By the way

Minjaze for SOLDIER! >:D

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2013, 09:32 am »
I will add this though....If you DON'T know the person who is being voted on DON'T f*cking vote!
I'm sure more that a few deserving people have gotten denied because some asswhole clicked NO when they don't even know the person.

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII