Author Topic: Not necessarily new but hello.  (Read 1081 times)

Offline newleaffan

• uhh hello
  • Turret
    • View Profile
Not necessarily new but hello.
« on: July 19, 2019, 10:01 pm »
Hello, I discovered this site here back in 2013 and just started playing for the first time in four years. Can someone catch me up on stuff or anything?

Also goodness the games I made back then weren't the greatest lol

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Launcher
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)
Re: Not necessarily new but hello.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:48 pm »
Okay, so you were last here four years ago, which would be 2015.

Damn. You've missed A LOT.

Some people got banned (you may or may have not known them; I don't remember all the names; just Cyclone43, Megarayquaza, and shadythecreator), and a lot of people joined and some left.

Recently, a MAJOR thing happened. Last August, liamnight, who was a General (he had been for a long time; well, off and on again (sometimes retired and sometimes not)) deleted ALL of the staff accounts (except Geoff because he's the Admin).

Well, Geoff thought the forums had been hacked, so, he deleted them. Soon afterwards, some people made a new forums, which only lasted for a little while. On that new forum, liamnight came and admitted that HE was behind the deletion of the staffs' accounts.

Now, why? Why would someone who had been a staff member for so many years do that? Simple. He believed the staff had failed in doing their jobs. So, instead of talking to them about it, he went and deleted the accounts.

Anyways, fast forward a bit, and the people who made that forum make a new one, which lasts much longer.

Fast forward to January of this year, and Geoff finds a backup of the forums he made...which, he made in 2013. It's the only one he has, but it's better than nothing.

So, YEARS and YEARS of things have been lost, but, on the bright side, some were saved, and the official forums was brought back.

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline duck5557474

• House League of Society Owner
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 11:09 pm »
Hi

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duck5557474

Offline newleaffan

• uhh hello
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 12:20 am »
Okay, so you were last here four years ago, which would be 2015.

Damn. You've missed A LOT.

Some people got banned (you may or may have not known them; I don't remember all the names; just Cyclone43, Megarayquaza, and shadythecreator), and a lot of people joined and some left.

Recently, a MAJOR thing happened. Last August, liamnight, who was a General (he had been for a long time; well, off and on again (sometimes retired and sometimes not)) deleted ALL of the staff accounts (except Geoff because he's the Admin).

Well, Geoff thought the forums had been hacked, so, he deleted them. Soon afterwards, some people made a new forums, which only lasted for a little while. On that new forum, liamnight came and admitted that HE was behind the deletion of the staffs' accounts.

Now, why? Why would someone who had been a staff member for so many years do that? Simple. He believed the staff had failed in doing their jobs. So, instead of talking to them about it, he went and deleted the accounts.

Anyways, fast forward a bit, and the people who made that forum make a new one, which lasts much longer.

Fast forward to January of this year, and Geoff finds a backup of the forums he made...which, he made in 2013. It's the only one he has, but it's better than nothing.

So, YEARS and YEARS of things have been lost, but, on the bright side, some were saved, and the official forums was brought back.

Oh jeez. Did anything have to  do with people thinking this place is suddenly dying (from what I've seen)?

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 04:29 am »
You went inactive until now, and I joined the site just after that. A coincidental incident.

CHAMPIONS!

Offline marcvider

• Soldier
  • Launcher
  • Surreal humor artist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 03:21 pm »
Welcome
Credit: LMXOrange

Narcvider stop changing the subject of topic

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 09:38 pm »
Did anything have to do with people thinking this place is suddenly dying (from what I've seen)?
People started thinking Sploder was dying when

1. Geoff stopped doing splode (he rarely comes online, anymore).

2. Lots of people started leaving.

3. Flash was announced to be killed (it'll die January 1st, 2021) (Sploder games are run on Flash).

Now, I know what you must be thinking, "Why did Geoff stop doing stuff?". The answer is quite simple; he has a medical condition that affects his hands and he has another job.

Now, I know what else you must be thinking, "Why doesn't Geoff hire someone to convert the creators into better programs or something?". The answer to that is...Geoff's given up on Sploder. He'll keep paying to keep it up, and he'll come online once in a while to give people their badges, but that's about it.

Sploder's had a nice run, but all things must come to an end eventually, and from the looks of it, Sploder's end is in less than two years. It's up to you how you spend the remaining time that's left. Will you stay here like us? Or leave like so many others have? The choice is yours.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:05 am »

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Launcher
    • View Profile

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 07:42 am »

CHAMPIONS!

Offline cake9899

• kelly 💫🌻