Author Topic: Who will win the NBA Finals?  (Read 268 times)

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
  • LOVE, LIFE, LOYALTY, AND LIVE LONG LIKE LEGENDS
    • View Profile
Who will win the NBA Finals?
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:01 pm »
Argue/predict below.

Game 1: Spurs won, because Lebron isn't my mother.
Game 2: Heat won, because Lebron is my mother.
Game 3: Spurs won.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:08 pm by thunderleaf »

Offline vpopsiclev

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Re: Who will win the NBA Finals?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:03 pm »
Someone likes Heat's way too much...
33 Silver
3 Gold
1 Cannon Template
1 Warrior Armor
1 Gold Reaper Lance
1 Gold Aurum Axe
1 God Stone [Used for story]
1 Escape Amulet

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:08 pm »

Did you mean: Someone likes the Heat way too much...

Oh and, Bulls.

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:09 pm »
In the beginning I picked the Spurs to win 4-2 (W-L-W-W-L-W) and though I want to change I'm sticking with it.  I just think Parker, Duncan, and Ginobli are too experienced and LeBron is getting tired from doing everything by himself.  The Heat's offense is actually centered around Bosh because what other 6'11 man can shoot from behind the perimeter?  He literally pulls off a big man every time and allows Wade and James to penetrate easily.  With Bosh being off and San Antonio having two decent big men in Leonard and Splitter and a great one in Duncan, I think the advantage goes to the Spurs.  Game two wasn't fought too hard for as the Spurs achieved their goal in game one by stealing one in Miami.

-ESPN Reporter Troyio out

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:16 pm »
@Troyio: I'd just like to point out Kawhi Leonard is probably a key underrated piece in the Spurs offense. He can knock down jumpers, and he converts more times than not when he drives to the paint.

Tim Duncan gets cold easily though. I remember him missing 4 shots in a row in game 1 from the same spot. Manu is great off the bench. He's a great passer and he's deceptively quick and fast. Tony Parker is just an underrated point guard. In game 1, we all know he was lucky to have hit that shot, but he can find the open man and can penetrate well, opening up outside shooters like Danny Green.

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:41 pm »
Thread elevation.

Offline jaylynnh12

• Turret
  • Meh birthday on Jul. 1
    • View Profile
    • My Main Account (I have two)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58 pm »
1. i dont like lebron james because he gave up on his team (cleveland)
2. i live in texas

Answer:

so yeah...im definitely for the spurs since they got parker and duncan i think they'll win.

From Gamergirl71/Jaylynn:

-RespectTheBawss

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07 pm »
Bump. Spurs up in the series. 2-1

Offline lobert1922

• Guard
  • I am a Cat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 02:28 pm »
The heat because the heat are the heat and you cannot deny the heat because the heat is the heat. That is my explanation.

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 02:44 pm »
The heat because the heat are the heat and you cannot deny the heat because the heat is the heat. That is my explanation.

Then again, the Spurs are the Spurs, which is undeniable because the Spurs are the Spurs.

Offline Sandwich King

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Sandwiches rock. When sad, make a PB&J.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52 pm »
As much as I hate to say it, I have the Spurs in five. Bosh is trying to play like he's a guard instead of a center, Wade is doing absolutely squat, and LeBron has only 6 free throw attempts in the whole series! James needs to quit these jumpshots, because, let's face it, the only person who should even be touching the ball outside 20 feet is Mike Miller. If they gave Miller more minutes, I would have the Spurs in seven. The Spurs have three good bigmen (one of them a first ballot Hall of Famer), Duncan, Splitter, and Leonard. Not only that, but the Spurs have Danny Green and Gary Neal, two of the best shooters in the NBA, and Manu isn't totally useless despite his cold streak. And I recall seeing that Bosh is shooting a freezing 39 percent these playoffs.

Offline Sandwich King

• Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 02:54 pm »
Wtf bro

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 03:01 pm »
As much as I hate to say it, I have the Spurs in five. Bosh is trying to play like he's a guard instead of a center, Wade is doing absolutely squat, and LeBron has only 6 free throw attempts in the whole series! James needs to quit these jumpshots, because, let's face it, the only person who should even be touching the ball outside 20 feet is Mike Miller. If they gave Miller more minutes, I would have the Spurs in seven. The Spurs have three good bigmen (one of them a first ballot Hall of Famer), Duncan, Splitter, and Leonard. Not only that, but the Spurs have Danny Green and Gary Neal, two of the best shooters in the NBA, and Manu isn't totally useless despite his cold streak. And I recall seeing that Bosh is shooting a freezing 39 percent these playoffs.

1.) Kawhi Leonard is a shooting guard playing small forward. Not exactly a "bigman."
2.) Mario Chalmers can shoot 3s. Did you not see game 2? Shane Battier too. Did you see him last Finals?
3.) Did you suddenly find out about Gary Neal? Danny Green isn't that useful inside the 3pt. arc and Gary Neal had a career performance. He didn't do this in the actual season or the series before did he? Tiago can't pass. I saw him throw the ball out of bounds like 3 times in game 1.

Spurs though.

Offline Sandwich King

• Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 03:04 pm »
1.) Kawhi Leonard is a shooting guard playing small forward. Not exactly a "bigman."
2.) Mario Chalmers can shoot 3s. Did you not see game 2? Shane Battier too. Did you see him last Finals?
3.) Did you suddenly find out about Gary Neal? Danny Green isn't that useful inside the 3pt. arc and Gary Neal had a career performance. He didn't do this in the actual season or the series before did he? Tiago can't pass. I saw him throw the ball out of bounds like 3 times in game 1.

Spurs though.
1) Sorry, it's just that Leonard's been rebounding so good, and I was thinking in the sense that Leonard played PF in college.
2) Chalmers isn't doing much shooting, and Battier is ice cold.
3) Quite the contrary...Green is a great slasher, and Neal has been doing that all game, just not in this fashion.

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 03:20 pm »
1) Sorry, it's just that Leonard's been rebounding so good, and I was thinking in the sense that Leonard played PF in college.
2) Chalmers isn't doing much shooting, and Battier is ice cold.
3) Quite the contrary...Green is a great slasher, and Neal has been doing that all game, just not in this fashion.

Kawhi always could rebound. He just recently added his touch. The Heat are focusing too much on their big three again. They won the Finals last year because they spread the ball. Chalmers and Battier can shoot lights out from long range, they just need the ball to shoot it. Green is okay when he cuts to the basket, I never see anything outstanding about him. Gary Neal didn't even average double digits in the regular season and is only averaging 6.9pts in the postseason. People are treating him like he's a legend now. I won't buy it unless he performs like this the rest of the series. He's good and knocked down treys when he was open. :-/

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 05:25 pm »
So far they are following my predictions

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29 pm »
So far they are following my predictions

I just want a game 7, because those series are fun to watch.

Offline sto4

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39 pm »
I honestly think that the Heat can pull it off, but will they? That's the big question; Miami was streaking during the regular season and capped off the season with a 66-16 record. Miami obviously knows how to win games, and we sure as heck have the talent. Ever since the playoffs though, we've had Dwyane Wade with a sore knee, Chris Bosh who will knock like one out of every seven shots from the perimeter, LeBron James dominating (except in the Finals), Mike Miller nailing threes, Ray Allen nailing threes, Mario Chalmers being here and there, Udonis Haslem with his shorter hair, and Shane Battier being cooler than usual. The Spurs are playing older school basketball; they're not flopping, and they're not playing for the cameras whereas the Heat are. I really hope the Heat bring on the heat like they were in the regular season, and I sure as heck hope they can close out San Antonio in six.

Offline Quentin

• Disruptor
  • This is gokusupersayain6 everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 09:58 pm »
Tony mv parker. That's all I need to say.

Offline dragonlizard7

• TF2 is a game where you can throw jars of piss at people, and not get charged for common indecency. That is all.
  • Centipede
  • Carpe Diem, it's a battle cry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 10:00 pm »
Me, that is who will win it.