Author Topic: Plat bug involving new graphics system (need to know if others can replicate)  (Read 391 times)

Offline Princess Qwerty

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • throwback
    • View Profile
Alright, so I was testing the new graphics system, and I accidently clicked save as. I loaded up the original after editing the copy, and my custom graphics were gone on some blocks. When I went to put another graphic on a block, it didn't do anything. I played the game, and the whole block didn't even show, even though I was standing on it. I wanted to test it, so I made another game, put up a building with ramps, big and small blocks, and backgrounds and then put graphics on some of the blocks. I then privately published the game. after that I hit saved as and made another copy without publishing, and then copied the copy. on the third game file I edited it and then loaded the 2nd game file I made (the un-edited and un-published copy), and tried putting in a wizard and putting a graphic on him, but it didn't work. I then tried putting a graphic on a block with one on it already and it reverted it back to the platformer's stone block. Just to make it easier for you to replicate:
1. make a game
2. put a block in it, and add a graphic to it
3. publish it, then "save as"
4. "save as" the new copy
5. edit the newest copy
save the copy of the copy (not "save as" tho)
6. load 2nd copy
7. add new brick and add graphic or try adding graphic to block with graphic already on it
I hope I was clear enough.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:58 am by Qwert »

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
I have no idea how to do this... xD

Offline geoff

• Administrator
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
I have been able to replicate this bug, but I have no idea how. :) I'll look into this.

Offline Princess Qwerty

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • throwback
    • View Profile
k thanks G

Offline geoff

• Administrator
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
Wow. Big bug. Thanks! I've fixed this and pushed an emergency update to the live site. You may need to clear your browser cache to see this update.