Author Topic: [APPLICATION] Devastator  (Read 72 times)

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
[APPLICATION] Devastator
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:10 pm »
And as the lava is metamorphic it's sul- "Oh hello I am just reading a book about the magma." "Huh? a review? Ah stupid ames but I guess I will write a review about the game 'Devastator' by Blackhole2" Hello guys this is Magmatar with a review on the game "Devastator".

PUZZLES

The puzzles in this game are great from the beginning to the very end. Why are the puzzles good? Because I said so. The beginning puzzle to me is one of the best in the game. I can't say anything bad about the puzzles they were THAT good. But there were one or two in there that really tripped me up. The puzzles at the beginning were hard and he used overused puzzles throughout the game. But in other parts of the game, he used underused puzzles that should be used more often. That's all I need to say about the puzzles.

PLOT OR NO PLOT

This game didn't have a plot at all (to me at least). Most people are sorry to say that this game is the regular, trapped in games that makes you want to have a rage quit and throw your computer out the window, but I feel different about this  one. The difficulty has a huge affect on a plot. If its to hard and to many puzzles, it makes me mad and makes the game itself all confusing. Overall, I feel Blackhole2 could have done better on making the plot, more easily, or at least have a little role play in it so the players would understand a little better what the game was supposed to be about. That is all the stuff I have to say about it's plot. All in all to me it wasn't that good. Scroll down if you are to impatient to see the plot score.

GREAT IDEAS OK EXECUTION

This game I must say, is the most repetitive game I have ever seen. Its all dark, it has the same people at the same spots in different parts of the game. It had just to much grenades tricks to me. All those little things put together are big. The grenade tricks make me want to punch a kitten it's that bad. I think Blackhole2 had a little trouble at the beginning-middle part of the game and at the end part. I made it very deep into the game. a good amount into the end. And there was to many traps in there. I get that you need to put traps in there to make it difficult, but it has too many game-ending traps in there if you know what I mean. And I didn't like when you had to use the Power Gluv. He could have executed it better but I understand that when you make a game this impressive, you don't really want to change a big part of the game. I need to give credit when credit is due and it's due here. Passing parts of the game, he just put the parts where they needed to go. I would give the execution an above average rating.

NOT SO GOOD DIFFICULTY CURVE/b]

Since this game does have a "plot", plots are mainly on a premise of a rise to the end, it had a rise of action and tension at the same time. What I also really didn't like is that he put in a really hard beginning and a pretty easy middle, and a super hard end. At the end he puts end-of-game-traps basically everywhere at the end of the game. I was so dumbfounded that a prodigy like Blackhole2 would do that. Since that happened at the end, the scores will be mixed down a little.

SCORES

5/10 is completely average, not going outside the box.

Creativity: 3.5/10 Distinctly there were at least 30 other game like this, maybe even more. I would have made it a little more loose, so you could roam around a little.

Puzzles: 6/10 The areas were good to explore. It had nothing more or nothing less of what a great game should be.

Difficulty: 9.3/10 If there's one thing Blachhole2 knows how to do, it's probably make difficult games.

Overall: 6.9/10 This game overall has thrilling parts, OK execution, and bad creativity and average puzzles.. Still a pleasure to play on my part though.

That is my failed review of the game "Devastator" by Blackhole2. And next time let me finish my Magma book!

I'm only level 10, but if you let me be a reviewer, that would be one of the best decisions you have made on Sploder.
Let me tell you a story. There was once a boy named Jon, Jon died of heart failure. the end.

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
Re: [APPLICATION] Devastator
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49 pm »
bump D:
Let me tell you a story. There was once a boy named Jon, Jon died of heart failure. the end.

Offline Prince Daydream

• Disruptor
  • Instagram: @rawringderpyunicornz
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54 pm »
Whoa whoa whoa. I sense some parts of this review are copied from this review

[Insert Derp Banner Here]

Creds to Cian009 + Edited By Yours Truly

Currently holds Reviewer position on the MS

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:56 pm »
Whoa whoa whoa. I sense some parts of this review are copied from this review
I used this to help my review. I copied a LITTLE but not that much. Do you still like it?

Offline Prince Daydream

• Disruptor
  • Instagram: @rawringderpyunicornz
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 07:34 am »
I used this to help my review. I copied a LITTLE but not that much. Do you still like it?
I think it's okay for a first.

[Insert Derp Banner Here]

Creds to Cian009 + Edited By Yours Truly

Currently holds Reviewer position on the MS

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:35 am »
I think it's okay for a first.
thanks

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 07:42 pm »
bump

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:16 am »
Some phrases didn't sit right for me, plus the fact you copied parts from another review. Next time, try to be more original. copying is not allowed.
Denied.
Re-apply in 2 weeks.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:07 am »
Some phrases didn't sit right for me, plus the fact you copied parts from another review. Next time, try to be more original. copying is not allowed.
Denied. k
Re-apply in 2 weeks.

Offline XxMagmaxX

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 09:07 am »
Denied.
Re-apply in 2 weeks.
k