Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 245 times)

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
  • A good post a day keeps the moderators away!
    • View Profile
Sleep Paralysis
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:13 am »
I've mentioned this on reddit and I've researched it quite a bit recently, has anyone ever experienced  it before? If so, tell me how it was.
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline mrperson12999

• Disruptor
  • mrperson12999
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:18 am »
I've mentioned this on reddit and I've researched it quite a bit recently, has anyone ever experienced  it before? If so, tell me how it was.

I was paralyzed. I DIDN'T FEEL A DAMN THING ASS HOLE!!
300th thank: FadingEmber

Hitlist
Kittysocks

Huglist
Minjaze
Enderchimera
Sonicwerehog
Grant
Daydream
Ravicale
Shadross
Glowie
Ripto

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:25 am »
I was paralyzed. I DIDN'T FEEL A DAMN THING ASS HOLE!!
  ???
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline IAmRacistToLiamnight

• Launcher
  • LA Univ Literary Student (> ಠ □ ಠ)> ==={{ O))
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 04:40 am »
You're laying in bed at night, trying to fall asleep. You're comfortable. All your troubles are behind you, you're ready for a new day. You slowly drift asleep.

Suddenly, you jerk into reality. You wake up in a rush, you need to get up, but you can't. You're in your bed, everything seems normal, but no matter how hard you try to can't even lift your finger. You start seeing visions, an old lady with claws and sharp teeth sitting on your chest, things lurking in the corner of your room. You might hear whispers, you start panicking and trying as hard as you can to get up, but you can't. You can't fall back asleep, and you can't move. It becomes hard to breathe, and the visions get worse and worse. You're almost suffocating now, and the panic attack is increasing until you can't handle it anymore.

That's the best first person view I can give lol. When I get sleep paralysis I see people in the corners of my room, just staring at me. Sometimes I have a lady with fangs sitting on my chest as described earlier. I often hear voices, too. When they say paralysis, they really mean it too. You can't even close your eyes to fall back asleep, you're just stuck there.

I get it a lot, but when I was 5 or 6 I was stuck in it for a few hours. I was sleeping with my parents that night, and when I woke up I was in paralysis. I could barely move my eyes to look out the window, and everything outside started distorting around. I saw my mom's face, and it started morphing. I thought I saw her smile, and she had sharp teeth and red eyes.

Sleep paralysis isn't fun lol. Your mind is awake, but your body is still asleep.
Go to Heaven for the climate,
Go to Hell for the company.

Some pretty legit games

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:42 am »
If I had an old woman with fangs sitting at my chest I would probably have a heart attack... I can't imagine that splode. Never had Sleeping Paralysis but when I first heard of it I had to learn more, I've mentioned on reddit that I've been looking for ways to end it quickly if I ever get it.
my irl pic no h8 plz

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47 am »
The best way to end it is to wake your body up. Don't panic, but just think about waking up. Distraction works too, listening for a tv or radio or something like that.

Some pretty legit games

Offline mrperson12999

• Disruptor
  • mrperson12999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 04:49 am »
The best way to end it is to wake your body up. Don't panic, but just think about waking up. Distraction works too, listening for a tv or radio or something like that.

You could also listen for...CREEPY VOICES IN YOUR HEAD!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
300th thank: FadingEmber

Hitlist
Kittysocks

Huglist
Minjaze
Enderchimera
Sonicwerehog
Grant
Daydream
Ravicale
Shadross
Glowie
Ripto

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:51 am »
I hear that trying to move your facial muscles or slowly trying to move your fingers and/or toes could help. I've also heard that simply not sleeping on your back helps (I guess they meant sleeping on your stomach, because people reportedly had episodes of Sleep Paralysis while on their sides.)
my irl pic no h8 plz

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 04:55 am »
Don't sleep on your stomach. It might help prevent it a little bit, but not that much. You're can't move at all when you get sleep paralysis, so if you get it while you're on your stomach you won't be able to breathe at all.

Some guy suffocated because he got sleep paralysis with his face in his pillow.

Some pretty legit games

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 04:56 am »
Don't sleep on your stomach. It might help prevent it a little bit, but not that much. You're can't move at all when you get sleep paralysis, so if you get it while you're on your stomach you won't be able to breathe at all.

Some guy suffocated because he got sleep paralysis with his face in his pillow.
Holy splode...
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline darthreven5

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 04:57 am »
I have it almost every night and it's horrible. I never watch horror movies anymore because it will just appear in my room. It never happens for more than a few minutes for me but I'd probably lose my mind if it was for a few hours or something.

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 05:05 am »
I have it almost every night and it's horrible. I never watch horror movies anymore because it will just appear in my room. It never happens for more than a few minutes for me but I'd probably lose my mind if it was for a few hours or something.
I've heard that leaving a TV on in your room helps. It doesn't have to be loud, but when you wake up in paralysis, just focus on the tv until you snap back into reality.

Some pretty legit games

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 05:06 am »
Man that sucks dude.. don't you start to realize that you are in sleep paralysis after several times of having it? Like you become in the sleep paralysis state and you think to yourself, "oh, I'm in sleep paralysis, I'll be fine," does that ever happen?
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline darthreven5

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 05:07 am »
I've heard that leaving a TV on in your room helps. It doesn't have to be loud, but when you wake up in paralysis, just focus on the tv until you snap back into reality.

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 05:10 am »
Man that sucks dude.. don't you start to realize that you are in sleep paralysis after several times of having it? Like you become in the sleep paralysis state and you think to yourself, "oh, I'm in sleep paralysis, I'll be fine," does that ever happen?
You always know you're in it. It's just that you're body's natural reaction is to panic in that situation, you can't really help it. Also, even if you know you're just imagining an old lady with fangs sitting on top of you, it's still scary as splode.

Some pretty legit games

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 05:14 am »
You always know you're in it. It's just that you're body's natural reaction is to panic in that situation, you can't really help it. Also, even if you know you're just imagining an old lady with fangs sitting on top of you, it's still scary as splode.
Oh yeah, forgot about the fact that when the brain sees something that appears to be a threat, you go straight into panic mode, but yeah, scary splode.
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline amdri

• Heavy Cruiser
  • g wiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 05:16 am »
it was so weird

i was like just all weird

idfk lmao
when i hit the bong, i am going to willy wonkers elevator.

Offline darthreven5

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 05:17 am »

It's a bit like falling in a lake and forgetting how to swim. Or being scared of spiders even if you know they're harmless.

Offline Him

• Disruptor
  • ✧ⓗⓐⓡⓓⓖⓐⓜⓔⓩ➐➐✧ Everyone be talking about Him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19 am »
It's happened to me once or twice when I was like 9 or 10. I couldn't move a single muscle, and felt like I was going to die right there.
100th Thank: SploderEpicBros

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 05:23 am »
I'm probably going to get it at least once in my life, so the good thing is now I have some ideas of how to snap out of the paralysis (as ransparen said with the TV thing.)
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 05:23 am »
I actually had sleep paralysis last night.

It started when I was having a sweet, lucid dream. At that point I knew I was in a deep sleep, and I remembered reading on the internet at that point that sleeping deeply can cause sleep paralysis to occur in the first place. As soon as I remembered that, my eyes jerked wide open, and everything felt normal, as if I've actually woken up. However, the room seemed distorted. The walls we're light orange instead of purple (my walls are purple), and I heard a really loud ringing noise in my head. It was so annoying, I became aware I'm in sleep paralysis, I attempted to snap out of it. But I couldn't, so I tried something else for a change.

I remembered a technique which always worked for me for getting out of paralysis. I slowly moved my toes and my fingers to enable movement in my upper body. After a few seconds, I could twitch: my hands, my arms, my legs. I kept twitching, and eventually I felt a strange sensation, but I know what it meant. It's hard to describe how it felt, but I snapped straight out of it and sat up in reality. I pinched myself to check if I'm actually wake, I was. From then on, I just got out of bed, and that's where it ended lol. Thankfully I didn't have any paralysis where I hallucinated. Yet.

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 05:26 am »
^^

Lucid dreaming causes sleep paralysis. If you realize you're in deep sleep in the middle of a dream, try to wake yourself up right then lol

Some pretty legit games

Offline Peanut

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 05:27 am »
I actually had sleep paralysis last night.

It started when I was having a sweet, lucid dream. At that point I knew I was in a deep sleep, and I remembered reading on the internet at that point that sleeping deeply can cause sleep paralysis to occur in the first place. As soon as I remembered that, my eyes jerked wide open, and everything felt normal, as if I've actually woken up. However, the room seemed distorted. The walls we're light orange instead of purple (my walls are purple), and I heard a really loud ringing noise in my head. It was so annoying, I became aware I'm in sleep paralysis, I attempted to snap out of it. But I couldn't, so I tried something else for a change.

I remembered a technique which always worked for me for getting out of paralysis. I slowly moved my toes and my fingers to enable movement in my upper body. After a few seconds, I could twitch: my hands, my arms, my legs. I kept twitching, and eventually I felt a strange sensation, but I know what it meant. It's hard to describe how it felt, but I snapped straight out of it and sat up in reality. I pinched myself to check if I'm actually wake, I was. From then on, I just got out of bed, and that's where it ended lol. Thankfully I didn't have any paralysis where I hallucinated. Yet.
Seems like that technique is pretty legit from what I've heard.
my irl pic no h8 plz

Offline Him

• Disruptor
  • ✧ⓗⓐⓡⓓⓖⓐⓜⓔⓩ➐➐✧ Everyone be talking about Him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 05:28 am »
It only lasts about a couple of minutes for me, but it's scary as heck. I'll try those techniques if it happens again.
100th Thank: SploderEpicBros

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 05:32 am »
It only lasts about a couple of minutes for me, but it's scary as heck. I'll try those techniques if it happens again.
For me it only lasts around 30 seconds, no longer. Also it's not actually scary for me, seeing as I'm used to it and I didn't have any hallucinations yet.