Author Topic: 7grant2's Review Thread  (Read 908 times)

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Re: 7grant2's Review Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29 pm »
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/meowmeowfurrycat/play/cats-revenge/
I deleted it for a reason.

Can you not see that Derpy's game has yet to be reviewed? Now please wait your turn.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16 am »
NEXT

Escapee Colab Challenge was pretty good. I did get stuck at three disruptors with 2 crystals and from there I did not wan to replay the game another 15 minutes to see if I did something wrong.

I did see a lot of good in this game. Optional areas added an exploration sort of element in the beginning, I actually did not mind planning my next move onto the next action sequence, and each situation was different in terms of approaching it. Obviously it wasn't fast paced action but it did what it was supposed to do well, and I appreciate that in a game.

My complaints would derive from, actually, the simplicity of the challenges. No no no, health is not the issue here, as most people would think, but rather how easily I came up with a solution to beat the obstacles. I did like them but some seemed to be there just to be there and be a filler - don't put in fillers, make every moment count, at least in your eyes.

From what I saw, 7.5 or 8/10. Can't say for certain cause I didn't see the finale.

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 03:26 am »
NEXT

I actually like how the game is structured. Its not excellent in which I'm bedazzled; however, it is above average, and that is what I like. This game should not be called Gladiator but rather Gauntlet, seeing as to you have to pass through a series of trying areas with little health to offer. Now I know I could beat this within a series of tries but I am not that hardcore about this game, especially considering the length I have to go through. 99 enemies is quite a batch to dispose of.

I did play enough of the game to get a taste for it and I would rate it 7/10. I know that the following sequences would merely be action sequences and nothing more, but they are done well and with variety to keep the game interesting and interactive to the player. Good job but it still has lots of room to make it a better game.
Thanks :D. I intended to make the game hardcore, but not so hardcore that you die in the first room.

And 7/10 is pretty good. :)
hi

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • I am the user tookewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 06:59 am »
this thread is actually brilliant

Offline Jmc10

• Black Knight
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline Prince Daydream

• Disruptor
  • Instagram: @rawringderpyunicornz
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 07:22 pm »
NEXT

Escapee Colab Challenge was pretty good. I did get stuck at three disruptors with 2 crystals and from there I did not wan to replay the game another 15 minutes to see if I did something wrong.

I did see a lot of good in this game. Optional areas added an exploration sort of element in the beginning, I actually did not mind planning my next move onto the next action sequence, and each situation was different in terms of approaching it. Obviously it wasn't fast paced action but it did what it was supposed to do well, and I appreciate that in a game.

My complaints would derive from, actually, the simplicity of the challenges. No no no, health is not the issue here, as most people would think, but rather how easily I came up with a solution to beat the obstacles. I did like them but some seemed to be there just to be there and be a filler - don't put in fillers, make every moment count, at least in your eyes.

From what I saw, 7.5 or 8/10. Can't say for certain cause I didn't see the finale.
Thanks Grant. The rating was much better than I expected! :D

[Insert Derp Banner Here]

Creds to Cian009 + Edited By Yours Truly

Currently holds Reviewer position on the MS

Offline Jmc10

• Black Knight
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 10:10 pm »
b

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 01:39 pm »
SKIP

I tried so many times, lord knows I did. What I don't like about this game is the unnecessary fluff. I absolutely despise traps that end the game (dying and reviving is alright). In fact, there are around 3 traps that are end-game and that is very, very frustrating and not really needed. A mere wall could have been in their place or perhaps that extra area (like getting the stomp, WHICH THAT AREA DOES NOTHING), can be removed. I, personally, go by the motto of trying to cut the fluff and get what you need done.

That aside, I enjoyed this puzzle game. It wasn't random, it actually used some logic to get around and I could think about what to do. However, since I cannot move left, jump, and swing my sword at the same time, I became stuck and could not continue the game. I do not know if its my computer or merely an error but I could not continue.

From what I saw, 7/10, excluding those really annoying traps that cause end-game.

Offline Pythagoras

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Friend list

Dudki
Cg
Coolgirl5
Cian009
Ryanrider
Woodchuck
Enderchim
Milking
Matt
Jasmineofdeltora
Sto4
Koolbox
Religious2

Newest game

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 10:12 pm »
SKIP

No one has beaten this game, and I doubt you can as a creator. Its not even a matter of difficulty but sheer impossibility - try testing your game as a whole before releasing it.

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 12:08 am »

Offline wolfuno

• Turret
  • it's good to be young
    • View Profile
my favorite number is:http://www.piday.org/million/

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 01:58 am »
SKIP

I tried so many times, lord knows I did. What I don't like about this game is the unnecessary fluff. I absolutely despise traps that end the game (dying and reviving is alright). In fact, there are around 3 traps that are end-game and that is very, very frustrating and not really needed. A mere wall could have been in their place or perhaps that extra area (like getting the stomp, WHICH THAT AREA DOES NOTHING), can be removed. I, personally, go by the motto of trying to cut the fluff and get what you need done.

That aside, I enjoyed this puzzle game. It wasn't random, it actually used some logic to get around and I could think about what to do. However, since I cannot move left, jump, and swing my sword at the same time, I became stuck and could not continue the game. I do not know if its my computer or merely an error but I could not continue.

From what I saw, 7/10, excluding those really annoying traps that cause end-game.
The jumping sword issue is actually due to how your keyboard is wired, that is one of the more common key lockups (combinations of keys that don't work).

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 12:43 pm »
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/wolfuno/play/lost/
You must be some kind of silly, because you didn't read the first post, and you obviously had time to see Ravi's link. READ MY DEAR BOY, READ.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2013, 02:20 am »
Wolfuno is banned from posting games here until I say so.