Author Topic: So, my girlfriend almost committed suicide a night ago  (Read 3545 times)

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
Re: So, my girlfriend almost committed suicide a night ago
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 02:38 am »
Does she go to an all girls school or do you go to an all boys school? If you go to a unisex school she could move...

You're quite lucky tbh.
We both go to a unisex school. Don't forget South Auckland is big.

Join me on the biggest online text-based RPG TORN CITY -- here!

Offline Eth

• NOT EPIC MODERATOR
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I forgot what I was going to put here...oh well.
    • View Profile
    • Catch me on YouTube!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 02:41 am »
True, true. It's the holidays now, so you can spend more time with her, make her feel better. You're, what, 17 or 18 now? Only like one more year of school and then you have freedom.

Offline Death83

• Mortar
  • Gumball Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 02:41 am »
Man..I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm also very glad she didn't go through with it. Someone should serously think about pressing charges against the bullies and the damn school for not providing a safe environment for the students. I'd start a damn social media mob on FB or something and get all the parents involved. Nothing's scarier than a bunch of pissed off mothers and fathers. That's some serious splode man, again I'm really sorry to hear that. Pitty you can't go smash some heads when it's so well deserved  >:(

/------\
      (@)(@)
       \  M  /
        IIIIII

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44 am »
Man..I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm also very glad she didn't go through with it. Someone should serously think about pressing charges against the bullies and the damn school for not providing a safe environment for the students. I'd start a damn social media mob on FB or something and get all the parents involved. Nothing's scarier than a bunch of pissed off mothers and fathers. That's some serious splode man, again I'm really sorry to hear that. Pitty you can't go smash some heads when it's so well deserved  >:(
I literally would but most of them are girls.
But, I do Tae Kwon-Do so I'm taught that don't strike unless in defence and talk your way out of a fight. I would seriously go to her school and have a word with those splodees and put them on the spot and literally make them cry.

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 02:45 am »
True, true. It's the holidays now, so you can spend more time with her, make her feel better. You're, what, 17 or 18 now? Only like one more year of school and then you have freedom.
we both got assignments to do so I might see her once or twice.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47 am »
I respect you just like I respect everyone here but to me this statement is out of line. Saying nothing at all would have been better. Sure, there's nothing we can physically do in this case, but the least we can do is offer suggestions or at the very least acknowledge that this venting process of letting this out is a healthy form of expressing initial thoughts that may be difficult to do in a face to face manner. I see a lot of people make these comments and I dont understand because we have grown a community here and a lot of people feel comfortable letting their emotions out here as a starting point.

And if you want to talk about the situation you can private message me. I can try to offer help if you wish I just dont like saying it in public.

Here is my perspective on this.

I honestly feel like it was out of line posting this at all. It's an uncomfortable topic, one that I'm sure many of us have dealt with on a personal level from one time or another, and when it comes down to it, what could we possibly say in a situation like this that isn't just feeding it? I mean yeah, we know it's for the attention and all, but really, we are not the kind of people equipped to handle this. It's not even HIS thoughts of suicide, it's his (real or unreal) girlfriend. This is the kind of thing you take up with her parents, an administrator at her school, the police even, but we can't do anything, and I don't feel right in consoling him here or offering him any advice that will feed this weird unfolding drama. But at the same time, I don't feel like this is something to just ignore, because it is such a personal and touchy subject for me. 
Doesn't matter, I'm the bad guy now anyway.

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 02:50 am »

I honestly feel like it was out of line posting this at all. It's an uncomfortable topic, one that I'm sure many of us have dealt with on a personal level from one time or another, and when it comes down to it, what could we possibly say in a situation like this that isn't just feeding it? I mean yeah, we know it's for the attention and all, but really, we are not the kind of people equipped to handle this. It's not even HIS thoughts of suicide, it's his (real or unreal) girlfriend. This is the kind of thing you take up with her parents, an administrator at her school, the police even, but we can't do anything, and I don't feel right in consoling him here or offering him any advice that will feed this weird unfolding drama. But at the same time, I don't feel like this is something to just ignore, because it is such a personal and touchy subject for me. 
Dude, I know it's personal... But, I'm literally scared out of my life about this, and her parents don't know about us yet, and I don't know what to do and I feel comfortable talking to you guys...

I just want advice, I'm scared and I don't know what to do..

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 03:01 am »
Tell her to stand up to the bullies and not get pushed around? Seriously. Moping about problems doesn't fix them. I realize she has a low self-esteem due to the bullying, but she needs to step it up. Hit the kids in the face. The bullies generally stop if you take a real stand. Few don't, and for those you either deal with it or take an even bigger stand.

She shouldn't let the bullies get to her anyways. All you have to do is ignore/avoid them if you're that scared of confrontation. If she's getting physically bullied, like seriously physical, it should be pretty easy to show to the teachers. The evidence would be her body. But that won't stop the bullies in the future.

She needs to stand up for herself.

Also, you don't sound like you are the type of person able to handle her situation. Might be detrimental to both you and her. Or maybe you are, and I just don't see it.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04 am »
Sorry to hear that. Can't you tell the bullies to back off? PM me if you feel like talking to me about this conversation, I know people who've been bullied.
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline mrperson12999

• Disruptor
  • mrperson12999
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 03:06 am »

She's real. I have pics seen pics. And you always were the bad guy.
300th thank: FadingEmber

Hitlist
Kittysocks

Huglist
Minjaze
Enderchimera
Sonicwerehog
Grant
Daydream
Ravicale
Shadross
Glowie
Ripto

Offline amdri

• Heavy Cruiser
  • g wiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 03:52 am »
HOLY splode MAN
when i hit the bong, i am going to willy wonkers elevator.

Offline HappyTheorist

• Mortar
  • Unwind with some Coffee and me, Spinachie
    • View Profile
    • Facade Entertainment Hub
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 04:06 am »
My condolences, but perhaps a Psychologist or a Counsellor would be of assistance?

PM me to play Portal 2, SSBB or KI:

Offline Sree

• Mortar
  • The Adventure begins as the Adventure Reveals.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 04:14 am »
Option 1
1) Ask someone else from her school whom you know whether who is bullying her or whether he/she knows what's the problem.

Option 2
Consult a councellor or psychologist.

Option 3
Continue what you are doing now.

What you always have to do is:-
Comfort her and always be there for her.
11 Bronze
1 Luna Stone
2 Silver

Offline IAmRacistToLiamnight

• Launcher
  • LA Univ Literary Student (> ಠ □ ಠ)> ==={{ O))
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 05:27 am »
Ah so sorry man. just stay with her. Whether it be on the phone, email, chatroom, (preferably in person, but you cant be there all the time). just constantly be in contact with her, talking to her and making sure she knows how much you care about her. That really will help her feel better more than anything right now. good luck
Go to Heaven for the climate,
Go to Hell for the company.

Some pretty legit games

Offline MIB agent Bob

• Mortar
  • Mess with the viper, you get the fangs.
    • View Profile
    • Arcadeprehacks
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 05:59 am »
Hugs and kisses and tell her she is the best in the world, do anything, if in doubt... flowers and a poem ;)

psst, click the globe ;)

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 06:25 am »
What do you expect us to do about it?
^Sorry I thanked that but I pretty much saw the point, although it was rude >,<
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline marvelwilliam

• Disruptor
  • The Gosso King Of Crater Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 06:38 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BfvPjsXXw
^^^^
Show her this song,
No pressure, but you're practically the only reason she's still alive   :-\

You're just going to have to be with her 'till the end dude.

Offline MIB agent Bob

• Mortar
  • Mess with the viper, you get the fangs.
    • View Profile
    • Arcadeprehacks
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 06:40 am »
Yeah, you walk away, and that will push her over the edge.

psst, click the globe ;)

Offline al3xhw

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Legend speaks of a being that bounced to success..
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 06:53 am »
I splodeing hate people like this. There's someone who's bisexual in my school. Everyone completely crushes him by calling him a splode, making homophobic remarks and basically being a pain in the arse. I have no idea how he takes it, but he must be pretty abased by now. What pisses me off is that they can't even get the terminology right. He's bi. Not gay. Tossers.
My friend Hazza is gay, and he came out the closet last year in middle school, because he thought everyone would be much more grown up about this stuff and not be asses. He was wrong, and he got judged left right and centre when he first came, but since he's bigger than other people, he's an absolute legend and he can take a joke, people slowly started to respect him, including me. I may have said this before, but your sexuality is usually an excuse to take the piss out of someone who isn't very popular anyway.

The thing with girls is, it's different. You don't get respected for being stronger, cooler or nicer. You get accepted for being pretty, gossipy and most importantly, being in to the same thing as everyone else. If they can't splode to her about boys, or other things nobody really gives two splodes about, then they'll most likely alienate her. I know a girl who dressed like an emo, but had a really fun personality, but the other girls still left her out because they knew she cut herself because of her dad becoming a heroin addict and beating her and her mother.

Some girls don't look into personality or characteristics. They've been so used to being judged by boys, they do it to everyone. Harsh truth. However your girlfriend sounds like the opposite. There's a comparison for you.
VOTE:

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 08:30 am »
If by luck you have a bit of cash laying around. Buy some flowers, like different types, roses, tulips whatever etc. Give them to her with a card and something like a saying like "these roses represent how beautiful you are", send her another flower/s with a card later on saying something like "these ___ represent ____" etc.

Just a thought.
#WCGP

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2013, 10:55 am »
Bullies are sploded up.

End of story.
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline TheBlueGuy21

• Launcher
  • I am error
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2013, 11:43 am »
Maybe you should see her more in person rather than texts.

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2013, 11:44 am »
Maybe you should see her more in person rather than texts.
If he can.
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2013, 12:26 pm »

I understand this, but even if this is your thought process, you can still try to imagine what you would possibly do (even if you have to adjust the circumstances so you can actually understand it) and try to help based on that. I agree but it's still good to try to help, even if it is not that helpful.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2013, 12:43 pm »
I saw a pretty inspiring and uplifting video the other day about people who suffer from depression (mainly girls looking down on their looks).  This artist had many women walk in behind a curtain but he couldn't see them and never saw them once the whole time.  He asked them to describe their facial features very precise and he drew a picture of them.

He then had other people come in and describe the same person.  Every single time the picture of the girl, the girl had described looked rugged, rough, and not very attractive.  But the girl that others described were vibrant and looked just bright.

Idk how this can help you but you need to show her what you see in her.  She can't see how beautiful she is.  Maybe you could find a way like the artist did to show how much people actually admire her. 

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2013, 02:18 pm »
What do you expect us to do about it?

You've never been through this. You'll never have a girlfriend, and you never will, especially when you act like that.

ANYWAY, I am really sorry...at least she didn't...I couldn't imagine what it would be like if one of my crushes or friends killed themselves...one of my friends has attempted it many many MANY times, and when her girlfriend and her got in a fight, she was about to overdose until I texted her...
Buss down thotiana

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2013, 12:10 am »
Tell her to stand up to the bullies and not get pushed around? Seriously. Moping about problems doesn't fix them. I realize she has a low self-esteem due to the bullying, but she needs to step it up. Hit the kids in the face. The bullies generally stop if you take a real stand. Few don't, and for those you either deal with it or take an even bigger stand.

She shouldn't let the bullies get to her anyways. All you have to do is ignore/avoid them if you're that scared of confrontation. If she's getting physically bullied, like seriously physical, it should be pretty easy to show to the teachers. The evidence would be her body. But that won't stop the bullies in the future.

She needs to stand up for herself.

Also, you don't sound like you are the type of person able to handle her situation. Might be detrimental to both you and her. Or maybe you are, and I just don't see it.
Bro, I have told her. But, my advice seems to go past her. I used to get bullied, but I stood up for myself, so they stopped. Usually because I outsmarted them or insulted them in front of their friends with their flaws.

But, I have. But, she's too fragile.

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2013, 12:11 am »
My condolences, but perhaps a Psychologist or a Counsellor would be of assistance?
She already has one.

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2013, 12:14 am »
Hugs and kisses and tell her she is the best in the world, do anything, if in doubt... flowers and a poem ;)
sent her a love poem before she sent me the suicide letter. She cried.

Offline NZA

• Mogura
    • View Profile
    • nzadamnz21's Games
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18 am »
If by luck you have a bit of cash laying around. Buy some flowers, like different types, roses, tulips whatever etc. Give them to her with a card and something like a saying like "these roses represent how beautiful you are", send her another flower/s with a card later on saying something like "these ___ represent ____" etc.

Just a thought.
Sounds good. :)