Author Topic: Why Don't we use the Complex Themes of the Human Expererience in our Games?  (Read 188 times)

Offline HappyTheorist

• Mortar
  • Unwind with some Coffee and me, Spinachie
    • View Profile
    • Facade Entertainment Hub
I'm talking about the deeper, emotional side to love, violence, ethics and morals, human fault, death and reanimation, and the list continues. Heck, you could teach someone with an interactive medium such as our own. WHy don't we use these, maturer themes?

PM me to play Portal 2, SSBB or KI:

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
Because kids are obsessed with shooting peoples heads off, rather than figuring out a complex puzzle. :(
hi

Offline HappyTheorist

• Mortar
    • View Profile
But that's all we think. Our players can think. I don't mean solving complex puzzles. What I mean is that perhaps a shooter could show how real life soldiers actually regret having to fire a gun.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
But that's all we think. Our players can think. I don't mean solving complex puzzles. What I mean is that perhaps a shooter could show how real life soldiers actually regret having to fire a gun.

I've made some emotional and complex games such as Paint it Black and Two Souls One Goal.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
I've made some emotional and complex games such as Paint it Black and Two Souls One Goal.
They were so emotional that they made tk cry.
hi

Offline HappyTheorist

• Mortar
    • View Profile
I was making generalizations, and I appreciate the efforts of some developers. It's just that we can't develop as a art form until we take on these subjects.

Yes, I'm a strong Pro-Video Games activist. Sue me.