Author Topic: I just realized something about the US.  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: I just realized something about the US.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 05:59 pm »
well we still have to factor in cancer. As i mentioned, it caused leukemia, which could then be passed down through people's family
Poor argument. The radiation and birth defects caused by the nuclear bombs used back then, which do not contain as much power as our modern nukes, has not lead to more deaths than 9/11 has led to. This is supported by spell's post.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 06:01 pm »
well we still have to factor in cancer. As i mentioned, it caused leukemia, which could then be passed down through people's family
We can apply this to the sun too. :P Anyways, the war on terror kills faster than cancer.
#WCGP

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 06:06 pm »
Oh and I realize that sploder is filled with brainwashed children that think America is a terrible place because of what the media/their parents have told them, but please keep it contained. The phrase " 'murica " is tossed around so liberally that you kids actually believe that Americans say that. Being American doesn't make one racist, stupid, or anything else. I've seen many kids say that Americans are racist and/or generalize, but in reality judging Americans is generalization as well.

Just covering my bases early, since this topic would inevitably pop up. So shush.

Offline Wind

• Subutai אִיּוֹב 🐣
  • Centipede
  • i have a lot of opinions so, st
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 06:10 pm »
 I have to agree with Emp/Spell.

The bombing was to end one of the world's bigger wars, and Japan refused to stop fighting (Hell, they were even suicide-killing). Japan would have screwed themselves over, anyways. The bombing ended the world, and probably saved more lives than it took.

9/11 was a terrorist act with the intent to destroy one of the finer American buildings, and it brutually killed a ton of people, for no reason whatsoever.

See the difference?
Unapologetically Jewish. Bisexual. Very satisfied with life.

Offline Krazen

• Mortar
  • Lord General Vulkyr
    • View Profile
    • HERESY!
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 06:16 pm »
Guys seriously, stop arguing. That was the past.
"Life is the Emperors currency, spend it well."
"HOW MAY I HELP YOU TODAY, SIR?!!!" -Furia

Offline etxbear

• The Ursamajor
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I farted.
    • View Profile
    • My Sploder Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 06:21 pm »
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were sad events, but necessary for the end of a war that was much worse.

9/11 was an attack that killed more civilians than Hiroshima and Nagasaki did and it sparked a war that has led to the deaths of even more civilians that sees no end in the near future.

Offline Subaru

• Disruptor
  • 2010 - 2013 Shadowsploder199
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 06:30 pm »
Well US vs anything always turns into one as Americans are so damn patriotic.
Well done, really very well done at generalizing and stereotyping. Just great, although I know what you mean.

Offline cyrman

• Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 06:37 pm »
Oh and I realize that sploder is filled with brainwashed children that think America is a terrible place because of what the media/their parents have told them, but please keep it contained. The phrase " 'murica " is tossed around so liberally that you kids actually believe that Americans say that. Being American doesn't make one racist, stupid, or anything else. I've seen many kids say that Americans are racist and/or generalize, but in reality judging Americans is generalization as well.

Just covering my bases early, since this topic would inevitably pop up. So shush.
I agree, and America isn't all that bad. Its just another country, just like every other one. Yes, we may still be a super power, and yes we many have too many stereotypical people here, but we are still just another country. Just deal with it kids. Now shush.

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 06:38 pm »
Emp and spell laughing thinking their clearly the smarter of two sides of the dispute....

People think America is a terrible place because of people like you.  FACT
I say it as I see it.
I don't lick anyone's behind to gain "respect" on this site.
You either like me or don't.

Always happy to help.

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 06:49 pm »
Emp and spell laughing thinking their clearly the smarter of two sides of the dispute....

They're* If you're trying to make some grand point us belittling others' intelligence, at least use proper grammar.

We're two smart, successful people who believe in their own opinions. Does the world hate people who have opinions, and fight for what they believe is right?

Edit: Please note that my first post has quite a few thanks. This shows that most people agree with spell and my side (which I would assume is also their own side).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:51 pm by Emp »

Offline Ripto

• Mortar
  • Say hello to your new king!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 06:54 pm »

Well tbh, who are you to say people who have a negative opinion about America are brainwashed? Just because they don't agree with America being great? I generally like America, but certain things piss me off about America and certain people in it. I live in the Netherlands myself, and I have things I dislike about this place. But America just seems so full of itself sometimes. Who am I to tell whether America is great or not? Who are you guys to tell? It's an opinion about a country, don't agree? Deal with it.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 06:57 pm »

Adding onto Emp's previous point: We are techically the 'smarter' of the two sides because we have brought forth points as to why we are right. All of which were not disputable, where as glowie's points were.

#WCGP

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 06:58 pm »
They're* If you're trying to make some grand point us belittling others' intelligence, at least use proper grammar.

We're two smart, successful people who believe in their own opinions. Does the world hate smart, successful people who have opinions, and fight for what they believe is right?
I can't spell and I don't give a splode, call me a dumm splode if you like... It is true tho, I mean what your sayin. Especially you, your a very smart successful person if you do say so yourself.

Now if I read everything correctly and I did, you already referred to the people your arguing against as kids. But I suppose winning an argument with a group of what you call kids  really does make you and your mate smart successful people.

Or you could just be a teen taking a kids forum that extra mile by attempting demonstrate your superior knowledge and gamer.   

USA! USA! USA!.... U guys... Always a laugh.
I say it as I see it.

Always happy to help.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 06:59 pm »
Well tbh, who are you to say people who have a negative opinion about America are brainwashed? Just because they don't agree with America being great? I generally like America, but certain things piss me off about America and certain people in it. I live in the Netherlands myself, and I have things I dislike about this place. But America just seems so full of itself sometimes. Who am I to tell whether America is great or not? Who are you guys to tell? It's an opinion about a country, don't agree? Deal with it.
Most of sploder IS brainwashed into thinking that America is filled with patriotic prideful obese men. I know this, because in the last discussion made by Alexmd of Britain v America, everyone who was anti-america threw that point around as fact. :)
#WCGP

Offline Ripto

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 07:00 pm »

We're two smart, successful people who believe in their own opinions. Does the world hate people who have opinions, and fight for what they believe is right?

Edit: Please note that my first post has quite a few thanks. This shows that most people agree with spell and my side (which I would assume is also their own side).
I agree, even though I'm on the other side, I do respect if someone has a different opinion. Even if I disagree with it.

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 07:01 pm »
I'm not saying those who have a justified dislike for America are incorrect; don't take what I'm saying wildly out of context. I respect opinions. "Brainwashed", and the other references I used, refer to those who have hugely negative opinions of Americans and the United States, but have no good reason for it. They base their hatred on stereotypes and over-exaggerations promulgated by the media. They smash Americans for being American, which is a stupid generalization. Read my comment a couple of times, then you'll get it. "Deal with it", my friend.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 07:01 pm »
I can't spell and I don't give a splode, call me a dumm splode if you like... It is true tho, I mean what your sayin. Especially you, your a very smart successful person if you do say so yourself.

Now if I read everything correctly and I did, you already referred to the people your arguing against as kids. But I suppose winning an argument with a group of what you call kids  really does make you and your mate smart successful people.

Or you could just be a teen taking a kids forum that extra mile by attempting demonstrate your superior knowledge and gamer.   

He called them 'kids' because they ARE kids. My god. And no, he did not say that winning this argument made us smart successful people, he said that we ARE smart successful people.

Nope, we are simply defending in what we believe in.

Once again generalizing the USA, way to go!

Let me try:

CRUMPETS AND TEA EVERYONE! CRUMPETS AND TEA! 
#WCGP

Offline Ripto

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04 pm »
Most of sploder IS brainwashed into thinking that America is filled with patriotic prideful obese men. I know this, because in the last discussion made by Alexmd of Britain v America, everyone who was anti-america threw that point around as fact. :)
Well, if that IS true, than I guess that's ignorant to assume such thing. I often get hated for saying bad things about some people in America, or the country itself, but I am always aiming at a small group of people, obviously not the whole country. I can understand the confusion though.

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 07:05 pm »
He called them 'kids' because they ARE kids. My god. And no, he did not say that winning this argument made us smart successful people, he said that we ARE smart successful people.

Nope, we are simply defending in what we believe in.

Once again generalizing the USA, way to go!

Let me try:

CRUMPETS AND TEA EVERYONE! CRUMPETS AND TEA!
I brought up winning because you clearly are.... The other points actually made me laugh tho, I just read you like a book. Keep going spell!
I say it as I see it.

Always happy to help.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 07:08 pm »
I brought up winning because you clearly are.... The other points actually made me laugh tho, I just read you like a book. Keep going spell!
Umm... you obviously just changed sides. xD
Well, if that IS true, than I guess that's ignorant to assume such thing. I often get hated for saying bad things about some people in America, or the country itself, but I am always aiming at a small group of people, obviously not the whole country. I can understand the confusion though.
Well there is always a grain of truth in a stereotype. But yeah, I understand, we're cool.
#WCGP

Offline Ripto

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 07:09 pm »
I'm not saying those who have a justified dislike for America are incorrect; don't take what I'm saying wildly out of context. I respect opinions. "Brainwashed", and the other references I used, refer to those who have hugely negative opinions of Americans and the United States, but have no good reason for it. They base their hatred on stereotypes and over-exaggerations promulgated by the media. They smash Americans for being American, which is a stupid generalization. Read my comment a couple of times, then you'll get it. "Deal with it", my friend.
Yep, I know what you mean. I agree it's stupid to stereotype a country and its citizens. I was mainly refering to the brainwashed part. Thanks for informing though.

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 07:09 pm »

Well, spell goes to Harvard, and I'm doing pretty well in highschool myself. I'd call that successful. Doesn't mean nobody else here is successful, not at all. I've seen tons of posts about successful Sploder members. I'm saying that if it's people like us that make America look bad, why does the world hate what we are (which is what I stated before).

The reason I call you kids is because, frankly, you are kids. Not only in age, but in maturity as well. I also really like using "kids" and other non-offensive words as a replacement for profanity.

Finally, I'm a 17 year old arguing my opinions on a forum. I spend most of my time in barracks with other 17+ year olds because  I don't find General interest. But when I do see a subject that I have a strong opinion on, I'm going to comment on it. And yes, go USA! I'm proud of my country. Without the people's trust and pride, a nation is not truly a nation. 

Get some real arguments.

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 07:11 pm »
To be honest spell I was attempting to aid my fellow Brits even tho ur only sticking up for USA! USA! Now that they all splodeed off and left me I'm gunna piss some other people off.
I say it as I see it.

Always happy to help.

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 07:13 pm »
To be honest spell I was attempting to aid my fellow Brits even tho ur only sticking up for USA! USA! Now that they all splodeed off and left me I'm gunna piss some other people off.
Nobody ever made this "U.S. v. Britain", I have no idea where you got that idea.

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14 pm »
Well, spell goes to Harvard, and I'm doing pretty well in highschool myself. I'd call that successful. Doesn't mean nobody else here is successful, not at all. I've seen tons of posts about successful Sploder members. I'm saying that if it's people like us that make America look bad, why does the world hate what we are (which is what I stated before).

The reason I call you kids is because, frankly, you are kids. Not only in age, but in maturity as well. I also really like using "kids" and other non-offensive words as a replacement for profanity.

Finally, I'm a 17 year old arguing my opinions on a forum. I spend most of my time in barracks with other 17+ year olds because  I don't find General interest. But when I do see a subject that I have a strong opinion on, I'm going to comment on it. And yes, go USA! I'm proud of my country. Without the people's trust and pride, a nation is not truly a nation. 

Get some real arguments.
Fair enough, I don't like you emp but theres no point me arguing against that. I would like to point out that im 16. I just don't put effort into sploder like u guys seem 2
I say it as I see it.

Always happy to help.

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, 07:15 pm »
Nobody ever made this "U.S. v. Britain", I have no idea where you got that idea.
It was close enough to being that as it was brits arguing against you. 
I say it as I see it.

Always happy to help.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 07:15 pm »
So what you are saying is that you are just as patriotic as Americans? That makes half your argument for naught.

Oh yeah, and you can also kiss our ass for saving Britain in WWII. Really, you'd think there would be more respect coming from Britain because of that. >.>
#WCGP

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 07:15 pm »
Fair enough, I don't like you emp but theres no point me arguing against that. I would like to point out that im 16. I just don't put effort into sploder like u guys seem 2
Yes, insult us personally in order to save some face. That makes you seem like a mature member. Maybe nobody will remember how hard you got destroyed in this thread.
So what you are saying is that you are just as patriotic as Americans? That makes half your argument for naught.

Oh yeah, and you can also kiss our ass for saving Britain in WWII. Really, you'd think there would be more respect coming from Britain because of that. >.>
Although the U.S. was a little shady in that it delayed helping Britain until it was the most profitable action. Of course this makes sense, but still shady.

Also, rofl at the first part. So true.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:18 pm by Emp »

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2013, 07:16 pm »
16 now.
14, 2 months ago when you were hitting on Amber in that pm.
12 the year before.

I believe you. ^_^
#WCGP

Offline Yelawolf

• Mortar
  • Geoff57
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, 07:20 pm »

If that was attempt to piss me off it worked.   I just wish I weren't so tired so could argue more.

You splodes didn't get involved in the war until you got bombed. We had alerted you that a bombing was coming and you did f all. Then u splode urselfs. If you would have listened to use you would have saved 100s of lives.

I say it as I see it.

Always happy to help.