Sploder Archives > Game Guides

Chlorede's tips for better Platformer. Also help for features.

Pythagoras:
1. Put challenge in there.
2. Make sure you know what your doing.
3. Do not fill it with enemies.
4. Put at least 1 trap In each level and don't make it obvious.
5. Keep it interesting.
6. Make it fun.
7. Make a story that goes with it.
8. Don't keep putting the same type of blocks.
9. Play games for new ideas.
10. Advertise it here on the forums.

woodchuck:
I'm not sure if you should be telling people how to make a feature worthy game, as you don't have one yourself yet. Just a suggestion =)

Princess Matty:

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---1. Put challenge in there.

--- End quote ---
No. Challenge only adds difficulty. It really depends on the gameplay and the execution of it. Smash It (by myself) got featured, and it's very simple.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---2. Make sure you know what your doing.

--- End quote ---
Um, no duh...

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---3. Do not fill it with enemies.

--- End quote ---
Of course. However you should go into more detail.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---4. Put at least 1 trap In each level and don't make it obvious.

--- End quote ---
You don't need to include traps. Traps can sometimes be unforgiving, and you need to make it a tad bit obvious so a player doesn't die from a trap they had no warning about.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---5. Keep it interesting.

--- End quote ---
And how exactly are we going to do this? Go into more detail.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---6. Make it fun.

--- End quote ---
You can't say that. What someone thinks is fun may be a tedious game to someone else.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---7. Make a story that goes with it.

--- End quote ---
You don't always need a story, but it is a nice addition.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---8. Don't keep putting the same type of blocks.

--- End quote ---
I have no idea what you mean here.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---9. Play games for new ideas.

--- End quote ---
I would say play games for inspiration. You are more likely to get inspired from a game than finding a new idea in a game.

--- Quote from: -Chlorede Games- on March 23, 2013, 11:45 am ---10. Advertise it here on the forums.

--- End quote ---
That's more of a tip for getting recognition.

So I think you should perhaps think a bit more before posting these. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version