Author Topic: EGL Voting Center [Cythera Accepted, Veto vote on GameRaterz 1 and 2]  (Read 2145 times)

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Grandquest did not revolutionize Sploder game play, lol. No.

Absolutely not to Everyday the Same Dream. Are you kidding me?

The Legend of Ganandorf has been one of my favorite Sploder games since it came out, but are we allowing fan fiction into the EGL or not?
Fan fic is ok and also, before GrandQuest and LOG most platformers were relatively small, they brought about the large platformer RPG games.

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
  • Self Esteem Points: 95
    • View Profile
Fan fic is ok and also, before GrandQuest and LOG most platformers were relatively small, they brought about the large platformer RPG games.

So what? I don't feel either revolutionized anything, hell I didn't play through more than a level of either game until after I made Quest Zone. Since I was ignorant of the situation does that make my game revolutionary? No. Just because its longer doesn't mean it changes everything because people had the capability to make longer games, they just didn't access the function until later.

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
So what? I don't feel either revolutionized anything, hell I didn't play through more than a level of either game until after I made Quest Zone. Since I was ignorant of the situation does that make my game revolutionary? No. Just because its longer doesn't mean it changes everything because people had the capability to make longer games, they just didn't access the function until later.
You may have started questzone but unless you happened to delay it for about half a year just for EGD then you are lying:
Your review, published on January 18th 2012
quest zone, published on July 6th, 2012

Also note that I had I said they brought about the large platformer RPG games. Not that they brought about every single large platformer ever.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
They actually didn't though. At least not for me. Your game didn't influence me at all to make LR. >.>
#WCGP

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
  • Self Esteem Points: 95
    • View Profile
You may have started questzone but unless you happened to delay it for about half a year just for EGD then you are lying:
Your review, published on January 18th 2012
quest zone, published on July 6th, 2012

Also note that I had I said they brought about the large platformer RPG games. Not that they brought about every single large platformer ever.

I started QZ in December. It took a long time.

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
They actually didn't though. At least not for me. Your game didn't influence me at all to make LR. >.>
I already knew that Lonely Roads was already in production, and it shows, the gameplay is quite different from GrandQuest in most respects.
I started QZ in December. It took a long time.
You said you made it (in past tense). Even then GrandQuest could still have influenced the game (IE, I vaguely remember a level with 2 towers that was somewhat similar to level 5 in GrandQuest, however I may be confusing it with a different game).

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
LOG- No.

I found the game long and quite repetitive. The storyline was decent, but the idea of the temples in every level was boring to me. It got very repetitive and there wasn't any parts that made me go WOW!

And i did beat the game

I have no idea about the votes, but I think it might be
Yes: 2
No: 1
hi

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
bump for grant
#WCGP

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Does anyone disagree with having Redemption in the EGL?

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
People, y u no fill out app XD

Either way, abstain. The game was one of the more complete feeling games in its time and was definately great, but it had some wierd choices at times that I disliked. The scenery thing didn't come up out of nowhere with this game either, the first two GrandQuest games (the 2009 ones, not the new remake ones that go in and out of voting all the time XD) came up at around the same time and both used backwalls extensively (not as well but still) for the time so the scenery thing was likely to come up at some point with any game.

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
Does anyone disagree with having Redemption in the EGL?
Nope. It's scenery is the reason is landed in there, and it is enjoyable to play as well as looking at it. This really helped set the mark for scenery, so I'm not gonna go ahead and say it shouldn't be in the EGL
hi

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
^ Translated: It should stay

It should stay.
#WCGP

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
It should stay.

Offline Poke579

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • The Old one. I am pokemaster579.
    • View Profile
It should stay
Imagine something witty.

No, not that witty, try again.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile

Wrong, they were around before then. They just weren't as popular because popular Sploder members hadn't made them extremely popular.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
I dont think any of the games we're voting on right now really started any trends or revolutionized anything. I could be wrong but that's my perspective. We should just be voting on them in overall quality.
It's good to be Young.

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
I dont think any of the games we're voting on right now really started any trends or revolutionized anything. I could be wrong but that's my perspective. We should just be voting on them in overall quality.
What makes an epic game epic? I do think that a well executed revolutionary concept is one thing but that doesn't have to be the exclusive factor. I think that if a game executed any concept, whether it or not it has been used before, in a manner that is brilliant, should be considered.

Since we don't have to pump out x-amount of games into the library, that is good, we don't have to worry about being forced to select a game. However, we should keep in mind that we should consider what is currently being made and what great things can happen out of what has already been made.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
What makes an epic game epic? I do think that a well executed revolutionary concept is one thing but that doesn't have to be the exclusive factor. I think that if a game executed any concept, whether it or not it has been used before, in a manner that is brilliant, should be considered.

Since we don't have to pump out x-amount of games into the library, that is good, we don't have to worry about being forced to select a game. However, we should keep in mind that we should consider what is currently being made and what great things can happen out of what has already been made.

That was my thought too. It just seemed like the games were being based on revolutionary aspects only, and I just tried to clarify that games should be judged by overall quality, not just for what they did for future games.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Mechanism G

• I make Mrezman feel depressed.
  • Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
That was my thought too. It just seemed like the games were being based on revolutionary aspects only, and I just tried to clarify that games should be judged by overall quality, not just for what they did for future games.
Exactly this. There's only so many revolutionary things someone can do before they are all discovered.
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1</a><a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1</a>

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Exactly this. There's only so many revolutionary things someone can do before they are all discovered.
Because it is marketable.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
This is gay (homosexual), make it better.

Legend
#WCGP

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder

Legend

By 7grant2? I say yes, it's a great game from what I've seen of it. I don't have to put anymore reason, do I? xD

No: 0

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
By 7grant2? I say yes, it's a great game from what I've seen of it. I don't have to put anymore reason, do I? xD

No: 0
I'm not one to shoot down my own game, but usually you can make a better decision if you play the entire game, or at least a good portion of it :P

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign

Legend
No to Legend; the environments lack detail to really pull it together (Grant could have carefully plotted lighting to hide lack of detail), the level design is inconsistent and choppy in many areas and isn't the most consistent, and honestly it felt a bit tedious. It's decent but it feels like a period piece.

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
I got a fair amount in it.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
No to Legend; the environments lack detail to really pull it together (Grant could have carefully plotted lighting to hide lack of detail), the level design is inconsistent and choppy in many areas and isn't the most consistent, and honestly it felt a bit tedious. It's decent but it feels like a period piece.
Really? It doesn't get in because of a lack of background detail? Each level is like 2000 peices, and lighting can really slow down a game. If grant were to add in any more detail the game would be slow af.

As for the flow, I thought it flowed fine, but you could percieve it differently.
#WCGP

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Really? It doesn't get in because of a lack of background detail? Each level is like 2000 peices, and lighting can really slow down a game. If grant were to add in any more detail the game would be slow af.

As for the flow, I thought it flowed fine, but you could percieve it differently.
Nada, the envoirnments were a small part of it and the game already had lighting. If Grant used it to HIDE the lack of detail more (Hiding it in dark places) then it would have been better. My main issues are that the game simply feels outdated in general, it's a good game but as far as polish and more modern style designs go, it doesn't work well and just feels like a period piece.

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
My main issues are that the game simply feels outdated in general, it's a good game but as far as polish and more modern style designs go, it doesn't work well and just feels like a period piece.
Thanks for the idea! I am starting my own podcast in which I will be discussing various things about the game makers and games. The style of platforming is something I would like to discuss xD

Continue!

Offline theravicale

• Electropede
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Thanks for the idea! I am starting my own podcast in which I will be discussing various things about the game makers and games. The style of platforming is something I would like to discuss xD

Continue!
By continue what do you mean?

Also, sounds like it will be fun to watch.