Author Topic: If You Guys Haven't Noticed  (Read 704 times)

Offline Princess Qwerty

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • throwback
    • View Profile
Re: If You Guys Haven't Noticed
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2013, 04:25 am »
Well, if you think there's a chance for this place, think that. I can't change your mind, but you also can't change mine.
When I commit, I don't let go easily. I think we owe it to geoffrey to maintain this place while he's gone.

Offline casper11

• Caspurr
  • Bugmeister
  • My cat is badass
    • View Profile
    • DeCAPS
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2013, 04:37 am »
This place is just going down hill on a unicycle: no brakes, no steering. The generals have no idea where it's going cause they haven't splodeing opened their eyes. Guilty until proven innocent, and splode until proven cool. No one gets a real second chance if they splode up once, and the hypocrisy runs so splodeing deep you'd need a splodeing shovel. The higher up you go, the more of your empathy you lose, like leeches, sucking the feeling from the veins. But people want that splodeing power, like an addiction, the brain says there has to be more, the fingers oblige. Each post is pored over, members who wield more power are not to be disagreed with, oh splodeing no, if you disagree with someone above you, your chances are gone. If you haven't reached the LL, you're not allowed your own opinion, you have to have someone else's.

Reason? Pah, who needs one? Only those soldier-; the Lt+ can do what the splode they want to people without a reason. I've seen it splodeing happen. Chill people have made that rank and gone sour.

Ranking up is like a splodeing vacuum cleaner, everything gets sucked up, but once there are too many, everyone is emptied into the bin.
Boo

Offline amdri

• Heavy Cruiser
  • g wiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2013, 04:40 am »
This place is just going down hill on a unicycle: no brakes, no steering. The generals have no idea where it's going cause they haven't splodeing opened their eyes. Guilty until proven innocent, and splode until proven cool. No one gets a real second chance if they splode up once, and the hypocrisy runs so splodeing deep you'd need a splodeing shovel. The higher up you go, the more of your empathy you lose, like leeches, sucking the feeling from the veins. But people want that splodeing power, like an addiction, the brain says there has to be more, the fingers oblige. Each post is pored over, members who wield more power are not to be disagreed with, oh splodeing no, if you disagree with someone above you, your chances are gone. If you haven't reached the LL, you're not allowed your own opinion, you have to have someone else's.

Reason? Pah, who needs one? Only those soldier-; the Lt+ can do what the splode they want to people without a reason. I've seen it splodeing happen. Chill people have made that rank and gone sour.

Ranking up is like a splodeing vacuum cleaner, everything gets sucked up, but once there are too many, everyone is emptied into the bin.
Thanks casper, thank you. Just thank you.
when i hit the bong, i am going to willy wonkers elevator.

Offline Eth

• NOT EPIC MODERATOR
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I forgot what I was going to put here...oh well.
    • View Profile
    • Catch me on YouTube!
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2013, 04:49 am »
I have to agree with this. Last year in May, the forums were active, fun and exciting. By May this year, they will have gone to hell.

Most of the threads these days are 'I don't feel special' threads that are useless. The barracks aren't active, and the rest of the categories are stuffed up too. Tbh I blame most of the chaos on the forum change in July. Ever since then the forums haven't been the same, and I'm not talking about the appearance. I'm talking about the members. I would've liked it if the Vanilla forums had signatures and whatnot, but this is how it is.

I may leave soon actually, I'm only here for the random discussions that pop up every once and a while.

Offline dormin3423

• Mortar
  • life
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2013, 04:51 am »
I have to ask, why are promotions so much easier these days? Before the switch of forum machines, most people on these forums were privates. The generals are just handing out promotions these days. It used to take ages to become a soldier but now there's about 1-2 promoted a week. It's not just there too, oh no. Before you had to be incredibly respectful to any member as well as having shiploads of maturity, now all you have to do is be mature for a bit then you're promoted. Now I notice it, some of the old soldiers (e.g Moola & Cranium) are Lts & Old Lts (e.g Weegee & Truths) are generals. While I don't have a problem with those four people I mentioned ranking up at all, it just proves how much easier it is to go up in ranks these days.

What I guess I'm trying to say is, I wish the higher ranks would increase the difficulty of going up a rank to what it used to be, but I'm certinately not saying to make those new soldiers/Lts/generals back to what they were before.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:54 am by dormin3423 »

Offline Eth

• NOT EPIC MODERATOR
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I forgot what I was going to put here...oh well.
    • View Profile
    • Catch me on YouTube!
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54 am »
I made your karma even just then.

Offline dormin3423

• Mortar
  • life
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59 am »
Tbh I blame most of the chaos on the forum change in July.
So do I.
When it happened, the forum changed it's look & layout but managed to somehow change the people around it. A tonne of people were really cool back on vanilla, but when the forums changed people seemed to forget about a few members (myself included) which was clearly not right.

Offline amdri

• Heavy Cruiser
  • g wiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2013, 05:00 am »
So do I.
When it happened, the forum changed it's look & layout but managed to somehow change the people around it. A tonne of people were really cool back on vanilla, but when the forums changed people seemed to forget about a few members (myself included) which was clearly not right.
yea ikr it was weird...
when i hit the bong, i am going to willy wonkers elevator.

Offline dormin3423

• Mortar
  • life
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2013, 05:04 am »
Like tbrem he is LT and he hasn't been here very long..
Well, I actually think he kinda deserves that rank looking at his posts.

Offline dormin3423

• Mortar
  • life
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2013, 05:05 am »
I made your karma even just then.
lol ty :P

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 12:09 am »

Correct. Very correct. Soldier-, are treated with no respect what-so-ever. It is unfair. I agree with Casper. I don't care if I get banned for it, but I want my own opioin. All privates should be allowed to have their own opioin. Anyone else agree with Casper?
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.