Poll

What's your grade for this?

A
B
C
D
E

Author Topic: [Denied] Holy Mother Of All Sploder PPGs.  (Read 282 times)

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
[Denied] Holy Mother Of All Sploder PPGs.
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:10 am »
A review of "Psychotic Pong 3" by the almighty Youngcaliman.

Game Type: Physics Puzzle Game Maker.

Written by Gerald123.

How Far Did I Get: Beaten

Introduction: Hi there.

Hello fellow readers. Today my special reviewer writing pen it's reviewing one game of Epic Games Library by Youngcaliman, a great work of him giving his best on the game. Possibly one of the greatest Sploder game makers of all time brings you another excellent PPG Psychotic Pong 3. Yep, that's right, it's a sequal. I'm quite suprised that none of my reviewers have decided to uphold the task of reviewing it, so I'll do it myself. I am incredibly mad for not being on the scoreboard but I have a screenshot of winning this game. Yes, he is the EGL guy, a master of Physics Puzzle Maker who shoot only for featured games. Do you want to know my "Pre-thoughts"? Well, I looked at the thumbnail, but this is just nothing comparing to the game. You don't need to read the sentences below but if you want just get some popcorns and read it. All I want to show you know it's just that you have to play this game only if you are a Hard Core Game Player. I am sure that only me, Youngcaliman and Mat7772 can give an opinion on this game so I am here to review Psychotic Pong 3 and write everything you would like to read on this review. Are you ready? If not, get another popcorn or just a Pepsi.

Gameplay:

I am suggesting playing the first series because this is the hardest of them. I've been sure always that Young will make this unique games. This game is easy in some kind of way. Psychotic Pong 3 featured many unique puzzles and really shows off Youngcaliman's excellent game-making skills. Using the paddles to bring the ball to the checkered flag(s) in each level will make you reach higher levels but don't think this is a peace of cake. Every level the difficult keep increasing and you might get mad with it. Balls can go through white areas while paddles can't and paddles can go through grey areas while balls cannot. But the real game starts on level 2 (Triple Threat) so get ready. Do not try this game if your aim is not  perfect. Also there are many enemies on the other levels like skulls. If you try to drag the paddles to the skulls you will lose the game. Retrying each level more than 30 times I think. Reaching level 5 and 6 will prevent more colors of the arena and also a scanner (this is my favorite part). The concept of Psychotic Pong 3 was very unique and original. I wonder where Cali find this ideas of games?

Level Designs:

As I mentioned before, every level increase its difficult. This thing is connected with the level design. You will think why? Every puzzle need a different level design for example: Level 2. On the main of the arena are rotating grey blocks and on the left, right and straight directions are switches and the balls. Managing to get the ball rotated and push it to the switch will take you to another puzzle. Each level is crafted very professionally and incorporates several intricate puzzles. The levels with the most beautiful level design was level 5, 6 and the 7 one. The first levels are just a repeating of the series but the last levels are the new designs. While you continue to read this drink the Pepsi okay?

Scenery:

Most of the Physics Puzzle Games on Sploder doesn't have the right scenery for the game. Youngcaliman has thought well for this and made this awesome scenery. First, he used a simple objects and he painted them with the colors he wanted and connected with the puzzles, red paddle move only to red arena and this is for all kind of colors. All the objects used to create the game are simplistic, yet all the colors in the game compliment each other just about perfectly. So, I just like it. Now, let's get to the Enemies and Hazards.

Enemies/Hazards:

There is just only one type of enemy: a skull. The first thing I thought it was that the skull will not do anything to me and I just passed over but I lost. So, I got it and it was terribly hard to get alive from those skulls. He used skulls as a block, as a follower enemy and even a big Boss. Psychotic Pong 3 is just a game of strategy, aiming and speed. If you have this you will manage to level 7, the Psychotic Pong 3 Boss Battle, the hardest boss of PPG on history on Sploder (my opinion of course). I kinda liked the fire soul of the second serie like an enemy but Young seems doesn't have used. You can consider the puzzles of this game as an enemy but how can I forgot, the camera view. Now I am getting to the end of the review so please, eat the popcorns slowly until you have readed all the review.

Addictiveness and Creativity:

Addicting? Yes. Creative? Yes.  Those people who don't agree with me they are wrong because they just don't have the right abilities to complete the game. When I won this game I just jumped off my chair and almost forgot to capture the screenshot from the big joy of winning. It is highly creative and it was the original idea from Cali to make the puzzles, level designs and the enemies placement. Just a positive rating. Oh, let's get to final ratings.

Ratings:

Gameplay: 5/5

Level Designs: 4/5

Puzzles: 5/5

Scenery: 3/5

Enemies/Hazards: 3/5

Addictiveness: 5/5

Creativity: 5/5

Total rating: 4.3/5

G1's Final Thoughts:

This is the best Physics Puzzle Game on Sploder, added to the Epic Game Library. It's now featured and with a good rating. Psychotic Pong 3 includes everything that PPG have. All the things are putted well and made me to rate this game as the best one.
Feature worthy: Are you kidding? Of course yes. This game got potential, puzzles, a lot of rules and stuff. Everyone should agree with me. Or no?

Anyway if you are done with your drink, please throw it to the recycle bin. We are protecting the world.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:36 pm by ~Gerald~ »
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: [Application] Holy Mother Of All Sploder PPGs.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:12 am »
Why I should get accepted?

I am ready to become a reviewer because I know what makes a game review/feature-worthy and I know what readers want to learn from my review. Also I am good at spelling words and nice at humor.

Please don't forget to vote on the poll and give me an advice.

Offline Dudki

• Heavy Cruiser
  • DON'T READ THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:23 am »
Impressive review. You know how to describe a game and you add humor aswell to keep the reader interested. A well-written review.

My grade: Stong A
Features: 5
Latest Feature: Ending the Garradin (Arcade)
Latest Game: The Temple of Earth (Plat)
Game In Progress: Rebuild (Plat)

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 05:33 am »
Thanks for voting guys.

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 09:11 am »
New rules. You can only apply after 3 weeks
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:13 am »
New rules. You can only apply after 3 weeks
And? I haven't applied.

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29 am »
And? I haven't applied.
I remember you did. You reviewed the game Flicker
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14 am »
I remember you did. You reviewed the game Flicker
It was on 26 January so it was a long time since then. More than 3 weeks.

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 04:54 pm »
3 Members suggested this.  :)

Offline nitrogendioxide

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Christian, Protestant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 05:15 am »
G1, this is me being critical here, please don't take offence. c:

There are quite a few errors with grammar and spelling, so remember to check your work after you've written it. The popcorn and Pepsi idea was good at the beginning, but I felt like it was pushed in too much. I think you did a good job in the actual depth of the explanation of the gameplay, though it just felt like something was missing. Perhaps it was the word choice, but again, I praise you that you actually got through the whole game. So, I think the main things that improvement that could be done was checking your work, and the wording of the review. I'm not the best reviewer out there, and my advice isn't a professional's, but I think these 2 things would enhance your already good review. c:
The reason why some people play computer games or go on forums is this; the judgement is sound. In real life, people judge you by your looks and by everything unfairly, but virtually, it is all about your personality. It is so easy to fake your personality virtually, so it's easy to become popular.

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:32 am »
G1, this is me being critical here, please don't take offence. c:

There are quite a few errors with grammar and spelling, so remember to check your work after you've written it. The popcorn and Pepsi idea was good at the beginning, but I felt like it was pushed in too much. I think you did a good job in the actual depth of the explanation of the gameplay, though it just felt like something was missing. Perhaps it was the word choice, but again, I praise you that you actually got through the whole game. So, I think the main things that improvement that could be done was checking your work, and the wording of the review. I'm not the best reviewer out there, and my advice isn't a professional's, but I think these 2 things would enhance your already good review. c:
Thanks for the advice.

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:13 pm »
I am sorry, but you have been denied, you may re-apply in 3 weeks.
We would like a more opinion based outlook on the game, not just focusing directly on the game, but still keeping the main idea revolved around what the game means to you and your goals in it.
Good luck next time.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline Dudki

• Heavy Cruiser
  • DON'T READ THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 01:14 pm »
Oh well. Good luck next time bro.  ;) You're so close to getting that badge.
Features: 5
Latest Feature: Ending the Garradin (Arcade)
Latest Game: The Temple of Earth (Plat)
Game In Progress: Rebuild (Plat)

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 04:28 pm »
I am sorry, but you have been denied, you may re-apply in 3 weeks.
We would like a more opinion based outlook on the game, not just focusing directly on the game, but still keeping the main idea revolved around what the game means to you and your goals in it.
Good luck next time.
What do you mean with outlook?

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 04:34 pm »
What do you mean with outlook?
I don't know how to word the phrasing properly here... check out the recruiter centers votes and support if you want to see what they didn't like. thanks.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 04:36 pm »
I don't know how to word the phrasing properly here... check out the recruiter centers votes and support if you want to see what they didn't like. thanks.
Okay, thanks. Locking this.