Author Topic: practise review  (Read 122 times)

Offline bluecat2012

• Cruiser
  • Dark chocolate......
    • View Profile
    • http://tinypic.com
practise review
« on: February 16, 2013, 10:48 pm »
Dear mods before you read this remember that this is just practice. This is not a review to become a reviewer. Thanks you! Well last time i attempted to become a reviewer i got turned down so i re read my review and noticed some missing things so this is a better review of The Mojos Revenge by geoff.

Pre thoughts: Well its a game created by geoff. I expected it to be a great game considering geoff made the website. So i had very high hopes for this game. Two reasons i really wanted to play this game was because #1 it was made by the creator of sploder #2 it was made using the classic shooter creator.

Thumbnail: I was very dissapointed when it came to the thumbnail of this game. Its very bland and does not show anything to make the player want to play the game. The thumbnail of a game is like the cover of a book. If its not good no one will read it. The thumbnail shows multible paths the player is able to take. That might make somebody want to play for example somebody who likes maze type games might see the multible paths and say: Oh! this is a maze type game i will love this! I give the thumbnail of this game 1/5. It needs much more detail in it.

Gameplay: The gameplay is ok. Theres been much more interesting gameplay ideas but this is ok. The goal of the game is to collect all 12 crystals. Sounds simple but its harder then you would think. The level is designed in a maze type way. The player must navigate a tricky maze full of enemys turrets barriers and so much more. The gameplay gets 3/5. Very good gameplay mechanics but needs more of them to make a longer game.

Enemy placement: The enemy placement is intersting. The enemys where placed in spots the player could hide behind a barrier and pop out to attack at the right times to avoid taking damage. But at many times there are enemys that ambush you in packs and its impossible to avoid attacks. This can be very frustrating at times. for a very good example when your health is almost zero. The enemy placement gets a 4/5. Their very well placed though out the game.

Story: A very important aspect to a game is the story of it. Every good game has a story. The Mojos Revenge's story on the other hand isnt the best. Its very short and even boring. The story of the game is that theres a king named genja who has been torturing people around his kindom. So one guy named mojo was tired of this and set out to destroy him. Now whats the first problem with this story? Well first look at the names of the people in it. Mojo. Isnt that a drink? Genja. If you switch the g and the j around it spells jenga. Isnt that the game where you pull out blocks and try not to knock down the tower? Well the names are pretty bad the story isnt very intersting and its short. The story of this game gets 2/5

Difficulty: The difficulty of this game is way to easy. Anybody could beat this game. I reccomend this game to a newcomer to sploder since its real simple and easy. Enemys gave the game a challenge while the maze type qualities to the game also make it more challenging. I give the difficulty 4/10

Depth: This game is not very long but since the game is designed in a maze type way the game lasts longer but this game will only take you 4:00 to beat. Since its very easy it makes it shorter. Depth gets 3/10.

Overall: The Mojo's Revenge is a good game but has some flaws that bug me alot. Lets take one last look at my ratings: Thumbnail: 1/5 Gameplay: 3/5 Enemy placement: 4/5 Story: 2/5 Difficulty: 4/10 Depth: 3/10. I hope you enjoyed my review and i hope its not my last!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:10 am by bluecat2012 »
Upcoming games made by me! (And  collabs with others!)
Spider's from hell
(Collab with awesomered117) Adventure Island
Why i'm afraid of bee's
Lake Reportyivonaw
Trouble in trouble town!
Eyeball 2! revenge of the eye's!
Seeing shadows

These are all coming soon!

Offline tracer202

• Mortar
  • Elo loser. ;P
    • View Profile
Re: review to be a reviewer. 2
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:57 pm »
You can't remake it, you have to wait three weeks.
Nexus Gameshow Items/Weapons/Kills/Talisman
Wraith Bow
Beam Lance
14 Bronze
Void Jinx
1 Bronze Jar
Arena Kills:2                                                     
Kills:0
Monster Kills:0
Switchknife
Combat Knife

Offline Eth

• NOT EPIC MODERATOR
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I forgot what I was going to put here...oh well.
    • View Profile
    • Catch me on YouTube!
Re: review to be a reviewer. 2
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44 am »
What tracer said basically.