Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 23329 times)

Offline 1twenty1guns

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • need to reunite MxSnyperLord21 & get Spo + CX back
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #1020 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58 pm »
KB, YOU ARE BASICALLY ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR PM!
I was confused as to what I should put on here.

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 25, 2013, 03:33 pm »
KB, YOU ARE BASICALLY ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR PM!

Not really. Asking for thanks is when you go "PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! THANK YOU APP I WANT TO GET THROUGH!!! I WANNA BE A MOD!!!", but I was like, "Hey, can you check out the MSM recruitment? It has low popularity right now, and if nobody gets thanks, there wont be voting.".
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #1022 on: June 25, 2013, 05:04 pm »
KB loads of people were getting thanks though and how do you know there WON'T be voting? Stop talking about stuff you don't know and own up. Jesus >_>

Offline YourFriendlyGuy

• Turret
  • Up to game making, for the heck of it.
    • View Profile
    • Sploder Main Site
« Reply #1023 on: June 25, 2013, 05:18 pm »
Aiight so welcome to the thug life. This is where you can apply to be a Main Site Moderator.

I'm running this old school, as in, as old school as the first time I ran it. But of course, with some touch ups. So yeah, onto the process! Take a seat, grab a coke, and get ready to apply:

All you have to do to apply is fill out this form:

What being a MSM means to you:
Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:
Define spamming and flaming:

Good, you finished that! Now you just have to wait for the thanks to role in.

Every week, I will go through this thread and look for the 5 applications with the most thanks. Those 5 will then be brought to the Bunker where only 1 will pass.

DO NOT RECYCLE YOUR APPLICATIONS OR YOU WILL BE PLACED ON THE BLOCK LIST. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE REAPPLY FOR ONE MONTH! NOT COOL MAN.

Also you can only apply once a week!

Block list:
Mario531 let out 3/18/2013
Noctila let out 3/19/2013
Hater34 let out 3/24/2013
$ryanrider$ let out 6/5/13

Here's what i think:

What being a MSM means to me:
I give respect to fellow MSMS.

I respect friends, and people.

The Powers Of An MSM: Ban - Only use for certain Situations.

Warn - Tell them what their doing, and not to do it again.

I.P Ban - Perma ban someone who did not follow the rules.

Thats what i think.  ;D
Hehehehe, i will never lose!

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 25, 2013, 11:05 pm »
                  Jaden's MSM application
Hello users of the forums I am Jaden, and I am applying to become a Main site moderator. Moderators are very important images to who you want to be like on Sploder to make it a very fun, very safe, very appropriate atmosphere. Moderators are trusted with many powers/ abilities they can use to help make this site good for you, and they are trusted to use these abilities only when they are needed. I personally see some really good, positive egos on this site, but I also see some bad intending egos that try to make their own fun by really just putting others down. I do not think this is fair to anyone, so I would use my powers as a moderator to make this bad behavior stop. Once all of us moderators help do away with this nonsense, this site should continue to grow and become better and better.
What being a moderator means to me? It means being a warrior of the site, the shield and the sword, the offense and the defense, the big help and the small hero.  Always be there for members, and if I someday have to leave this site, I will leave it better then I found it.
  As I said before, the moderators have some very special powers, and I will go over what they are with you, and how I will use them if I need to for the good of Sploder. I hope you like what you read, and I hope you agree with it. 
-   IP checking:  This allows moderators to manage the alts on this site. I would use this ability if some user was banned for wrong doing but made another account to do the same as they did in the first place, then I would see if it was the same user, and I would exterminate that pest again. ;)
-   Warning: This allows moderators to give a member a kind of sign that is giving them a hint that they need to stop what they are doing that is bad, but they are not banned yet and still have a chance to stop. I would use this if a member made a mistake but it wasn’t extremely bad and/or  they stopped.
-   Deleting Graphics: There are all kinds of different graphics, some really awesome and good, some really gross or bad. They can be inappropriate in many different ways, so this is a good power. You can just see if a graphic is inappropriate or not by seeing it, so then I would just delete it. I would use this power if there was a really bad graphic for example a bloody body, then I would delete it.
-   Deleting awards:  Some users may think that moderators wouldn’t check awards because they are supposed to be like a pat on the back, but trust me, moderators do check them. Since some members of the site think that awards are not checked, they might tend to say inappropriate or hurtful things. I would use this power if someone posted an award that said something bad such as ; I’ll kill you, then I would delete the award.
-   Game restoring: This is a power that moderators can use to really put a smile on the face of a user. Sometimes a user might delete a game. The user might have accidently deleted it, or thought it was a bad game at the time, but they want it back. They way a member does this is that they have to go to a panel that is for users who want their deleted games that they published.  I would use this power if a member asked to restore a game, and then I would restore it for them.
-   Deleting comments:  Moderators would delete comments for many reasons, for bypassing, slurs, inappropriate remarks, hurtful sayings, and a lot more.  If the comment is deleted, the [Message Deleted By Moderator] sign will appear instead of the comment that was deleted. I would use this power if someone made was bypassing.
-   Banning: You really do want to stay away from this power, because it could be the last thing that happens to you on Sploder. Banning users is a serious thing, and you can use it for many reasons. For example: Continuing to spam over and over again. I would probably rarely use this power, but I would use it when it is needed, because it is a great tool to keep the site safe. I would use it on a member who constantly chooses to not obey by the rules.
-   IP ban: This is another form of banning; it is like completely shutting out someone from Sploder, no matter how many accounts they would make. I would use this power if a banned member continues to make accounts that don’t abide by the rules.
-   Verbal warning: This is the kind of warning no one would like to get. The moderator sends the user PM(s) about the whole truth on the situation/ event, so it is totally private between you and the moderator. I would use this in a case of a member doing bad things after they have been warned.
-   Game flagging:  If a game has inappropriate contents and such, moderators can flag games and let Geoff know about that game. Normal members can give moderators a helping hand by telling the moderator, so the moderator can flag the game. I would use this power if a game was inappropriate.

I define spamming as a comment that is nonsense that is bad natured or just random and has nothing to do with the subject and is repeated in other comments even though it is bad/ does not go by the rules. I as a moderator would give the user who is spamming a good warning, to let them know what they are doing is bad.
I define flaming as dumb verbal fights that members get in. Flaming may be used in spamming, and it just gets worse and worse.

I hope all you who read my application like it and I hope you agree.  Have a nice day.

Jaden S.
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline luca1673

• Speeder
  • I am Luca... Luca Lima Cowdrill...
    • View Profile
    • Net_Gammas
« Reply #1025 on: June 26, 2013, 02:41 am »

Here's what i think:

What being a MSM means to me:
I give respect to fellow MSMS.

I respect friends, and people.

The Powers Of An MSM: Ban - Only use for certain Situations.

Warn - Tell them what their doing, and not to do it again.

I.P Ban - Perma ban someone who did not follow the rules.

Thats what i think.  ;D
I don't think you'll get accepted. Work harder and put in more persuasive words.
Take off your shirt, rub yourself with honey and run directly into a bee hive. You'll definitely become a mod this way. :-)

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 26, 2013, 03:01 am »
KB loads of people were getting thanks though and how do you know there WON'T be voting? Stop talking about stuff you don't know and own up. Jesus >_>

I own up. I did NOT ask for thanks. G'day.
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline YourFriendlyGuy

• Turret
  • Up to game making, for the heck of it.
    • View Profile
    • Sploder Main Site
« Reply #1027 on: June 26, 2013, 11:59 am »
I don't think you'll get accepted. Work harder and put in more persuasive words.
That... that....  *:'(*
Hehehehe, i will never lose!

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #1028 on: June 26, 2013, 02:47 pm »
I own up. I did NOT ask for thanks. G'day.

We know you meant it in a way so you GOT thanks though, we're not stupid KB.

Anyway I'm not arguing with you seeing as you're not worth it.

Offline luca1673

• Speeder
  • I am Luca... Luca Lima Cowdrill...
    • View Profile
    • Net_Gammas
« Reply #1029 on: June 27, 2013, 01:35 am »
That... that....  *:'(*
Sorry, I was just saying.
Take off your shirt, rub yourself with honey and run directly into a bee hive. You'll definitely become a mod this way. :-)