Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 25242 times)

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #720 on: April 20, 2013, 12:09 am »
*Insert awesome comeback here*
*You stink!*

#EpicComeback
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 20, 2013, 10:12 am »
*Insert awesome comeback here*
THATS NOT HIS MOM STUPIDHEAD

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 20, 2013, 10:13 am »
Congratulations sir! You have just received a free smite!

Offline Viking

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 20, 2013, 10:24 am »
And another smite.

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #724 on: April 20, 2013, 03:57 pm »
-_- Guys take your useless comments somewhere else.

Offline YourFriendlyGuy

• Turret
  • Up to game making, for the heck of it.
    • View Profile
    • Sploder Main Site
« Reply #725 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34 pm »
This is what i think:

What being a MSM means to you: To feel good.
Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in: Banning, Warning, Special Situations.
Define spamming and flaming: When its bad, i delete it.
Hehehehe, i will never lose!

Offline Viking

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 20, 2013, 08:35 pm »
This is what i think:

What being a MSM means to you: To feel good.
Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in: Banning, Warning, Special Situations.
Define spamming and flaming: When its bad, i delete it.
Dude, go to basic training, I think you need to have some questions answered.

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2013, 09:11 pm »
-_- Guys take your useless comments somewhere else.
Some people (includigng me) get bored, adn we writ gibberish. Understand?

Offline Viking

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2013, 11:30 pm »
Some people (includigng me) get bored, adn we writ gibberish. Understand?
Jagger is right. This is not the right place for you to say random things. And don't be a jerk.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2013, 02:35 am »
Has voting started?
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 21, 2013, 02:50 am »
If spell needs these:

Gamekid - 6
Poke - 5
Red - 5
Gerald - 3
Dale18 - 2
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2013, 01:48 pm »
Bump
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 21, 2013, 02:35 pm »
It'll be to make sure spell see's it.
Yep
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2013, 02:44 pm »
He will see it, he has a life, just wait. Now leave this out coz it's useless

Offline Poke579

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • The Old one. I am pokemaster579.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2013, 04:55 pm »
Voting has started btw.
Just thought I might let ya know.
Imagine something witty.

No, not that witty, try again.

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #737 on: April 21, 2013, 05:02 pm »
Voting has started btw.
Just thought I might let ya know.
Ok, thanks.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 22, 2013, 09:25 am »
Since spell didn't say so yet, Poke579 Passes =D
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #739 on: April 22, 2013, 10:18 am »
Congratulation to Poke.

What being a Main Site Moderator means to me:

Being a Main Site Moderator means a lot to me, saving Sploder and Community to be a better place. I see many inappropriate games, graphics and comments and none of the other Moderators see them or give them a warning. It is a great job for me and I will try my best to do it. I see every day the latest comments, newest members on the Forums and newest games to check there is no inappropriate things and maybe alt account. I know almost everything about Sploder. I am mature, friendly and also good at using all the programs and Moderator things. The MSM is the best thing to face with them who break the rules and give them reports.

Powers:

MSM job may look like a hard work but it's not for me. Moderators has different powers such as IP check, check reported posts or games, give them a warning if it is the first time they made it. Each of them has a way to use it. Some of them are:

IP Check: This is a great way to find a member who is banned before and now is using an Alternative account also you can check if he/she is hacking.

The Moderation Panel: All the Moderators can see The Moderation Panel. This panel shows all the reported comments, so I can use it to see if they are breaking the rules and after I determine it, I take action.

Warnings: Every one may do something wrong on this site but there are many of them such as spamming comments and emotions, advertising a game or a website. Warning is a great way to warn them to not do that anymore and give them a reason why he/she is warned. This might be a helpful way to learn them how Sploder works.

The Hack Log: The Hack Log is useful to see who is hacking trying to log into somebody's else account. A Moderator should use the hack log when a hacking is taken place. It shows the date and time when they tried to log in.

Perma Ban: You can't do nothing if you are Perma Banned. You can Perma Ban someone if he keep repeating the same mistake.

Disable and Enable comments:
Sometimes you can give him a warning and don't allow him to comments for a short or a long time.

Block Graphics:
There are a lot of users which makes Sex graphics. This Website is full of children so to make sure that no one see this graphics, Moderators can block them. 

Banning: You can ban someone who break the rules listed above. After 2 warnings you have to ban him.

Restoring Games: This is the right place when somebody who accidentally deleted a game, Moderators can see the comment here, trying to restore them by knowing their name or just seeing deleted games from that user. Sometimes games can't be restored so it is better to tell to them that the game can not get restored.

Spamming & Flaming: When somebody keep posting a lot of smileys or random words/letters this is called Spamming. Flaming is another problem which happens to two or more people with different opinions. As their opinion are different, they start a flame war. By doing this, they can use inappropriate words. This is the right time to remove the comments or give them a warning.

Delete Awards: This is another power that a MSM has. You can delete awards which contains on their description inappropriate words or rule breaking.

Note: I edited my MSM application so if you think I haven't changed it, you are wrong. Read it again. I am happy that Milking and Tommy got the MSM badge. Congratulations to them. If you think I am ready for it you can thank this post and feel free to correct some of my words. Just to let you know, I am almost all the day on Sploder so it will not be a big problem for me.

Good luck to the others.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 22, 2013, 11:31 am »
What being a MSM means to me;

A Mainsite Moderator means to me, time, dedication, trust, and helpfulness. Time, because you have to give time to listen to what peoples issues are, and what has happened to them, and how you can help. Dedication, because you are dedicating time to the site, which you could be spending somewhere else but you choose not too. Trust, because people on the Mainsite will have to trust their issues with you. If they don't trust you they won't ask for your help, or let you deal with any of their issues. Finally, helpfulness. Helpfulness, seeing as you will have to be helpful to users who don't have the same powers and you and will need someone to help them with their issues/problems. I believe I can do all this. I'm willing to help absolutely anybody, no matter who they are, there is no point in judging people for who/what they are.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:

Ban - A ban is when a user's account is banned from Sploder, this could be 3 days, a week, a month, or even permanently. I would use the 'ban' command when a user had been warned for something and carried on, or alts of a banned member, or some extreme conditions.

IP Ban - An IP Ban is nearly the same as the 'ban' command, only it bans a users IP address. This means a user cannot create anymore accounts on Sploder. I would use the 'IP Ban' command either in extremely extreme conditions (Like if Geoff got hacked but that won't happen lol) or if a user made a ban evasion, or just multiple alts while the user is banned.

Warn - A warn is when a user is warned for a action, examples: Mild bypassing, mild spamming, attempted hack (but didn't actually hack). I would use a warn if it was a first offensive or a mild case.

Hack log - The hack log is where Mainsite Moderators can check if there has been a hack, or an attempted hack. I would use the hack log if a user had claimed to be hacked/attempted hack.

IP check - An IP check is when a user is thought to have alts (ex: ban evasion, hacking) This means all accounts that match the same IP will come up together. I would use IP checker if I believe someone has been hacked/ban evasion.

Game restoration -  The game restoration is when a game has been lost and the owner would like it retrieved. I would use the game restoration if somebody requested a game to be restored.

Spamming -  Spamming is utterly useless comments being posted over and over again, example: "jfdkh" Posted 10 times on 7 users pages would be spamming.

Flaming - Flaming is mostly used in arguments to gain advantage, example "You're a stupid splode" Would be flaming. Flaming is mostly useless and quite horrible to some other players.

-Jagger- (PS: Ms account is Chumpion)

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 22, 2013, 03:58 pm »
If I were to be a moderator, I would help to keep sploder safe, and at an appropriate level for the large amounts of children that use this site. I Think I would be a good choice for moderator, because of my large desire to help others. And I hope that I have shown that I am ready for the title of moderator.

I would do my best to help to help all the members of the mainsite, and use my powers appropriately.

What being a moderator means to me

I wouls love to be chosen for moderator for many reasons. The first being that this was the badge, I had always wanted the most. And I've always had a healthy desire to help others on the main site, as seen through my little group I had on there, to protect sploder haha. I thought it was so big and strong at the time, however, when I had found a bully, I had to wait for a moderator to reply and take action. Which, of course, if I had been moderator myself I could have taken action immediately, and prevented any more harm coming. But I just had to wait for the other mods to see my post, which could have been lost in a sea of other requests.

So, to help others, and to be a respectable member of the sploder community, as well as to be a role model for the newer members. is what being a main site moderator means to me.

A moderators powers

Warning

If the moderator has found an offending member, he will give him a verbal warning. this will hopefully prevent any other offense from this member.

Banning

If the offending member has ignored previous warnings, and continued to break the rules in whichever way, the moderator must ban him. This means he cannot post any more messages, but can still make games.

IP check

If the moderator suspects a member of being an alt of a previously banned member, to get around the ban, or the member thinks he has been hacked, the moderator can check the IP adress of that member. This will show either if that member is an alt, or whether another member has been hacked, and by who.

IP ban

If the offender has been banned, but made an alt to avoid the ban, and continued to offend, the moderator must IP ban him. This means he cannot post, and he cannot make ANY more accounts.

Flagging games or accounts to geoff

If there is a banned user, or innappropriate game on the main site, he will flag them to geoff for deletion.

Define flaming and spamming

Flaming
Flaming is hostile and insulting interaction between sploder members, often involving the use of profanity.

Flaming is frequently the result of the discussion of heated real-world issues such as politics, religion, and philosophy, or of issues that polarise subpopulations, but can also be provoked by seemingly trivial differences.

Spamming

Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on sploder. For reasons either to advertise, or to annoy.

Final note

I truly want to be a moderator, because I think I am ready. I have a healthy desire to help people, and hope that other people see this.

Thank you very much for reading this, and good luck to the others.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:17 pm by Red »
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline blackhole2

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 22, 2013, 04:12 pm »
@Red, grammatical errors: "alsways" for example..

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18 pm »
@Red, grammatical errors: "alsways" for example..
Ah, thanks.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #744 on: April 22, 2013, 04:22 pm »
Grats Poke!

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 22, 2013, 06:57 pm »
If I were to be a moderator, I would help to keep sploder safe, and at an appropriate level for the large amounts of children that use this site. I Think I would be a good choice for moderator, because of my large desire to help others. And I hope that I have shown that I am ready for the title of moderator.

I would do my best to help to help all the members of the mainsite, and use my powers appropriately.

What being a moderator means to me

I wouls love to be chosen for moderator for many reasons. The first being that this was the badge, I had always wanted the most. And I've always had a healthy desire to help others on the main site, as seen through my little group I had on there, to protect sploder haha. I thought it was so big and strong at the time, however, when I had found a bully, I had to wait for a moderator to reply and take action. Which, of course, if I had been moderator myself I could have taken action immediately, and prevented any more harm coming. But I just had to wait for the other mods to see my post, which could have been lost in a sea of other requests.

So, to help others, and to be a respectable member of the sploder community, as well as to be a role model for the newer members. is what being a main site moderator means to me.

A moderators powers Nice but I am afraid that if you will be a Moderator you are gonna ban me and my friends. Like on the S.C.O.U.R.G.E. you were being rude to me and empirestatebuilding. And I need to know that if you are a Moderator I win't get banned by you for do NOTHING at all? Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Warning

If the moderator has found an offending member, he will give him a verbal warning. this will hopefully prevent any other offense from this member.

Banning

If the offending member has ignored previous warnings, and continued to break the rules in whichever way, the moderator must ban him. This means he cannot post any more messages, but can still make games.

IP check

If the moderator suspects a member of being an alt of a previously banned member, to get around the ban, or the member thinks he has been hacked, the moderator can check the IP adress of that member. This will show either if that member is an alt, or whether another member has been hacked, and by who.

IP ban

If the offender has been banned, but made an alt to avoid the ban, and continued to offend, the moderator must IP ban him. This means he cannot post, and he cannot make ANY more accounts.

Flagging games or accounts to geoff

If there is a banned user, or innappropriate game on the main site, he will flag them to geoff for deletion.

Define flaming and spamming

Flaming
Flaming is hostile and insulting interaction between sploder members, often involving the use of profanity.

Flaming is frequently the result of the discussion of heated real-world issues such as politics, religion, and philosophy, or of issues that polarise subpopulations, but can also be provoked by seemingly trivial differences.

Spamming

Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on sploder. For reasons either to advertise, or to annoy.

Final note

I truly want to be a moderator, because I think I am ready. I have a healthy desire to help people, and hope that other people see this.

Thank you very much for reading this, and good luck to the others.

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 22, 2013, 07:05 pm »
Thats good red. But I am afraid if you become a Moderator you will ban me and my friends for no reason. On the S.C.O.U.R.G.E. you were being mean and rude to me and empirestatebuilding. I don't want to get banned for no reason. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Offline Halo

• Mortar
  • Australia here. =)
    • View Profile
    • storums
« Reply #747 on: April 22, 2013, 07:19 pm »
Thats good red. But I am afraid if you become a Moderator you will ban me and my friends for no reason. On the S.C.O.U.R.G.E. you were being mean and rude to me and empirestatebuilding. I don't want to get banned for no reason. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Shut up

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 22, 2013, 09:12 pm »
dude, are you serious?  Scourge is a rpfg. You do realise it has nothing to do with anything right?-_-
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline sladnerm

• Launcher
  • Try to do your best. Life is a thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 22, 2013, 11:08 pm »
I don't think you are supposed to call me food.

SHALADNERM.