Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 25243 times)

Offline Dale18

• autistic!
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #690 on: April 15, 2013, 11:10 pm »
What being a MSM means to me:

Being a moderator on the MS means alot to me. I can protect the site from spams, flames and other things the bad Sploder users do. I will not abuse my powers and use the powers correctly. Being a moderator takes hard work and that is why I am up for the job.

Powers of MSMs:

Warning: Warning is a very common thing for the Sploder Users to recieve. It can happen when they spam, flame or post inapproprite content. They simply get a warning, which won't effect them much.

Banning: Banning is probably the most common thing on the MS, after someone flames, swears and spams plenty of times. Then the MSMs will ban the user. Banning the user makes the user unable to post, so it helps to stop the user from doing bad things. They get unbanned when their time is up.

I.P check: I.P check helps the moderators to find out if banned users are making alts to avoid bans, they can also check it if they are hacked, which helps track down the hacker. The hacker can also be I.P banned.

I.P banning: I.P banning is not that common, it is just like banning, except people with the same I.P are banned, so if they make a alt. They still won't be able to post. It helps with people that are banned and are trying to make alts to *avoid banning*, so if you make a account, it gets banned.

Perma banning: Probably the most rarest thing on the MS of Sploder. Perma banning dosen't even allowed the user to log in. Which is great for people that breaks the rules WAY too many times, like 7-9.

The Moderation Panel:
This is a special board and the only board viewed by moderators only. It helps to locate reported users for banning, games or posts so they can delete it. It helps the Sploder site quite alot.

Game Restore:
The mods can restore games because people request their games to be restored on the game restore page. The mods won't restore games containing inapproprite title, gameplay or graphics.

Deleting awards:
Mods can delete awards, Moderators delete awards if the awards has bypassing, swearing or flaming on it. The mods won't delete the awards just because the mod dosen't like him.

Define Flaming: Flaming is when a user yells an spams and talk to a person in a very rude way, such as in all caps, or using emotes.

Define Spamming: Spamming is when a user posts the same posts quickly in a short period of time.

So to round this up: Moderators can protect the site and keep Sploder safe.

~Dale18
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:20 am by Dale18 »

Offline luca1673

• Speeder
  • I am Luca... Luca Lima Cowdrill...
    • View Profile
    • Net_Gammas
« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2013, 12:46 am »
Omg dude was your 1st post on this forum?
I don't really know but I think it was here
Take off your shirt, rub yourself with honey and run directly into a bee hive. You'll definitely become a mod this way. :-)

Offline Sonic234

• Disruptor
  • Are you sure it's just not in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06 pm »
What Being an MSM means to me-

Being a moderator is a very important job that comes with a lot of responsibility. It means protecting this website from inappropriate content, preventing flame wars, and anything else to make sploder as kid-friendly as possible. I am ready to help my fellow members at all costs if I were to become one.

MSMs powers:

Warning: A very basic power for the moderator and common for them to use. If a sploder member commits spam, takes part in flaming, or post inappropriate content, they will receive a warning. This isn't as bad as a ban, but it is basically saying that the member should be careful about what they do.

Banning: One of the worst things a member can receive and possibly the most common power used by the MSMs. If a user flames/spams too much, posts a lot of inappropriate content, they will receive a ban, possibly temporary on permanent. If they try to escape a ban by creating an alt, they will be IP banned which prevents them from making another alt.

Ip check: Ip checking is what moderators use to find out if any members have a matching IP or if a certain member is using an alt.

Game restoring: A MSM can try to restore a game if they have been accidentally deleted by another member.

Blocking: If a game or graphic is inappropriate for this website, a moderator can block it. This makes it so that only MSMs can view the content.

Quarantining: If a member has spammed a lot, flamed, bypassed etc. an MSM can quarantine them to put them under watch of all MSMs.

Flagging: A game is inappropriate, the MSM can flag it so that geoff can decide weather or not to delete it.

Access to the Moderation Panel: The moderation panel is where the moderators can view the recent bans, reported content, and block IPs.

Definition of Spamming and Flaming

Flaming: Flaming is where users take the act of insulting others regarding their sexuality, race, family, etc.

Spamming: Spamming is the act of re-posting the same games, graphics or messages which may be used for advertisement or to irritate someone.

Final words: If I were to be a Main Site Moderator, I would try to the best of my abilities to make this website as safe as possible. I do not wish for these innocent people to be exposed to inappropriate things, so I want to be a moderator to prevent these things from happening. I really hope you all think I am ready for the job. Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:08 pm by Sonic234 »

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 16, 2013, 06:44 pm »
Sonic you SO copied and pasted.

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 16, 2013, 06:48 pm »
Who?

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #695 on: April 16, 2013, 06:48 pm »
...?

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2013, 08:16 pm »
...?
I saw he did. H ecopied anther one and pasted onto it.

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 16, 2013, 08:19 pm »
Who's?

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2013, 10:57 pm »
Man, I know sonic. He is a very truthful, respectable guy, who wouldnt do that,ever. He's to smart and cool for that.
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline Sonic234

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 17, 2013, 06:41 am »
How could you possibly see something like that...? And no I didn't. I would never do that.

Offline Sonic234

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 17, 2013, 06:43 am »
If you are talking about the edit note, I made the edit.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11 am »
What being a MSM means to me.

A MSM to me, also known as a moderator or a main site moderator, is the most needed, popular and important job on sploder. Without out huge team of MSM’s, sploder would be very chaotic.
Rarely, a MSM’s job can be tough. Long hours sorting out reports and more. However, as a MSM, you have to be up for the challenge.
A MSM should never abuse their powers, you will have great respect loss from other members and will never have the shot at MSM again.
A MSM should be responsible to make sure member who may be getting: bullied, bribed or getting death threats, tells a moderator straight away.
MSM’s are role models to many members on sploder. They help them when they really need them. MSM’s should be mature and respectable as they are looked up to.
MSM’s should be serious in all of their moderator situations. If you are caught messing around and being immature with your powers, a member can easily report the MSM’s behaviour to another moderator. The moderator can then see their activity to see if they’re telling the truth. The word will finally will soon get to Geoff, then he shall demote you, most likely.
A MSM must be a bit experienced, not entirely but enough to know what to do briefly.

What powers a MSM has.

Banning ~ This is the power where a moderator can stop a member doing certain things on sploder because they may have broken the rules.

Un-Banning ~ This is the power where a moderator can un-ban a member early if they have a good reason posted in the ban appeal. This is a pretty easy thing to do, just explain to the member that they are un-banned and why (If required).

Warning ~ This is the power where a moderator can send a bold message that appears on a certain member’s page under their avatar when they log in. If a member has broken the rules, but not enough to deserve a ban, this will be sent to the member.

Quarantining a member ~ This is the power where a moderator keeps track on what a certain member is doing. This is used when a moderator thinks the member is up to something suspicious.

Verbal warning ~ This is the power where a moderator sends a normal message onto a members page if they have done something to annoy the moderator or another member. Everyone can see this kind of warning.

I.P Ban ~ This is the power, in serious cases, where a moderator can ban the members I.P so they cannot log on or make another account with that computer. This is used when a member has tried to make an alt when their main account has been banned.

I.P Check ~ This is the power where a moderator can check to see if a member has an alt. This is used to check if a member, who is possibly banned has made an alternative account to still try and access sploder or break the rules. This is a very useful power. This can sometimes lead to an I.P ban.

Deleting Graphics ~ This is the power where moderators can delete graphics that may be breaking the rules of sploder or offending another member on sploder.

Deleting posts ~ This is the power where a moderator can delete a comment that has maybe broken the rules or upset a member. This usually leads to a warning or ban.

Flagging a game ~ This is the power where a moderator can click a button that sends the game to Geoff, he shall then decide if it needs to be deleted. A game is usually flagged when it breaks the rules or upsets another member.

Restoring games ~ This is the power where a moderator can retrieve a game that maybe a member has accidently deleted or deleted it and then regretted it. You can find that page here:  http://www.sploder.com/games/restoregames/

Reporting: games/graphics/posts/members/reviews ~ This is a power that anyone can access. This is only really used when a moderator is unsure that it should be deleted or banned. Only Geoff can delete reviews, no moderators can flag it.

Access to 'Ban Appeal' ~ This is the power where a moderator can speak to a member who thinks they should be un-banned if they are banned. A moderator must ask why the member thinks they should be un-banned. After the moderator has got the reasons, they will then decide if the member should be un-banned early or not.

Access to moderator board ~ This is the power where a moderator can find the latest moderator activity. Such as: recently banned members, deleted graphics and posts and more.

Permanent ban ~ This is the power where a MSM can ban a member forever. This means the member cannot do anything on sploder. You can be un-perma banned. This is usually the type of ban after an I.P ban.

Spamming And Flaming.

Spamming – This is where a member posts repeatedly on different or the same pages. Spam messages usually contain: advertising, over-used emoticons or/and hate messages. Spamming can be annoying because it buries more important messages. It wastes time and is very pointless. This usually leads to a warning.

Flaming – This is where a group of members will argue over something that is pointless, commonly religion. People think flaming is acceptable because they are just trying to prove a point, which is wrong. Flaming wastes people’s time because they dislike people arguing and try to calm it down. Flaming usually leads to a warning.

Final note.

In conclusion, I think I should become this week’s MSM because I’m highly experienced on sploder, I am active and mature enough to keep a good MSM reputation. I can help and maintain sploder a lot and cover all the criteria of what a MSM should have.  I never give up as you can see from around 10 applications to be MSM that failed. I really hope you find my application worthy and thank it.

Thanks for reading my MSM application.

Good luck to all the other applicants!
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 17, 2013, 07:14 am »
Omg omg, Yes!!!!!! :DDDD I'm so happy right now!
Sorry, forgot to congratulate you. Congrats!  ;)
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 17, 2013, 02:37 pm »
Hey guys, remember when hardly anyone argued about moderator recruitment? Well, let's think back to that time and stop arguing about it now. You can easily just report it to spell if there's a problem, but just take it outside of here. Thnxbai.

Offline luca1673

• Speeder
  • I am Luca... Luca Lima Cowdrill...
    • View Profile
    • Net_Gammas
« Reply #704 on: April 17, 2013, 07:57 pm »
Omg omg, Yes!!!!!! :DDDD I'm so happy right now!
Congratz Jmc10 8)
Take off your shirt, rub yourself with honey and run directly into a bee hive. You'll definitely become a mod this way. :-)

Offline sladnerm

• Launcher
  • Try to do your best. Life is a thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 17, 2013, 09:06 pm »
What a moderator means to me, is a POWERFUL job, with many tools and powers, that can use the BIG following,

FLAMING: Being bad, saying bad words, and you can get banned for a few weeks doing this. Do not show inappropriate content, sexual content, violent, and other.

SPAMMING: You spam 2-6 messages, that is fine.
But never spam something bad, or else, you are in trouble.
It is very bad to do that, and you can get banned, for a MONTH.

WARN: Warn, not much, just don't do the same thing you did again, or you are BANNED. No bad words, content, or stuff.

BAN: NEVER EVER get banned, you can get banned on Sploder for a month! MAYBE 6!

I.P BAN: 1-3 accounts can be made. ONLY. Or else ALL of your accounts are deleted.

GAME RESTORE: Moderator tool, where splodans accidently deleted their games.

MODERATOR PANEL/PAGE: Special page, where only MODERATORS can go.

I.P CHECK: Same, just only they check the emails and other stuff.

That is what I REALLY want, and I hope I get it, I did my best, and MSM has 10 powers, and tools!

I HOPE I GET PICKED GUYS THANK YOU IF YOU THANK ME!

I am really capable of handling the MSM. I really REALLY love it if you give me the badge.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:14 pm by sladnerm »

Offline Dale18

• autistic!
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 19, 2013, 04:49 am »
Why is no one thanking my post?

Offline sladnerm

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 19, 2013, 07:28 pm »
Why is no one thanking my post?
No one likes you, not even me!  :-X

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 19, 2013, 07:32 pm »
Shut up fool
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:35 pm by Waffle »

Offline sladnerm

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 19, 2013, 07:34 pm »
Little waffle. Nomonomon,

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT APPROPRIATE IN THIS THREAD.

Offline Viking

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 19, 2013, 09:51 pm »
Please be nice. I honestly think he is cool, so your statement is invalid.

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 19, 2013, 10:15 pm »
Waffle that orange is so annoying. It makes me just stare at it's beautifulness.

Offline Viking

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 19, 2013, 10:16 pm »
Waffle that orange is so annoying. It makes me just stare at it's beautifulness.
?

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 19, 2013, 10:18 pm »
My plan is working...

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #714 on: April 19, 2013, 10:25 pm »
Iball, you're mean. Making us stare at annoying oranges all day. Hmph. >=(

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 19, 2013, 10:26 pm »
Iball, you're mean. Making us stare at annoying oranges all day. Hmph. >=(
:'(

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #716 on: April 19, 2013, 10:29 pm »
:'(

Serves you right for having an Annoying Orange in your signature. >;c

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 19, 2013, 10:31 pm »
Serves you right for having an Annoying Orange in your signature. >;c
That's my mom. :'(

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #718 on: April 19, 2013, 10:36 pm »
That's my mom. :'(

Your mom is so annoying she's an orange. Ba dum tss

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 19, 2013, 10:39 pm »
Your mom is so annoying she's an orange. Ba dum tss
*Insert awesome comeback here*