Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 25688 times)

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #630 on: April 08, 2013, 04:25 pm »
I'm crying now.
But Congratulations anyway

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 09, 2013, 02:57 am »
Can we start to post our applications now?
I should think so.
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 09, 2013, 02:59 am »
What being a MSM means to me.

A Main Site Moderator, also known as MSM or moderator, to me is sploder’s most important job.  Without MSM’s, sploder members would do as they please, breaking rules when-ever they feel like it. Sploder would be seriously chaotic. Fortunately, we have well over 50 moderators. Most of them are active. This and other reasons, which will be explained below, is why sploder is hardly chaotic.

At times, being a moderator can be tough. Lots of sorting out reported posts and dealing with reported members. It can take quite a while by yourself. However, if you are prepared to become a moderator, you will consider this part of the job.
A moderator should never abuse their powers. First off, you have EARNED that position, mess up and you’ll never have a chance again. Second off, the members of staff on sploder will lose a lot of respect for you.
A moderator should make sure every-one who may be getting: bullied, bribed or getting death threats, tells a moderator straight away.
Moderators are role models to most people on sploder. They help them when they really need them. Moderators, as they are looked up to, should be mature so other members are like that too.
Moderators must be reliable. If you have worked pretty hard to become a moderator, then you don’t want to make a bad impression by not being reliable.
Moderators must be serious in all situations, unless it’s a general chat with a member. However, when you are handling moderation you have to be serious. The reason being for this is: a member could easily tell another MSM that you are not taking your job seriously and you need to be demoted. Another moderator would then check what you have been saying with ease. Like I always say: ‘It takes a long time to make a reputation and only one word or action to ruin it’.
A moderator must be experienced. I don’t mean already being a moderator particularly, but must know what they are up for.

What powers a MSM has.

Banning ~ This is the power where a moderator can stop a member doing certain things on sploder because they may have broken the rules.

Un-Banning ~ This is the power where a moderator can un-ban a member early if they have a good reason posted in the ban appeal. This is a pretty easy thing to do, just explain to the member that they are un-banned and why (If required).

Warning ~ This is the power where a moderator can send a bold message that appears on a certain member’s page under their avatar when they log in. If a member has broken the rules, but not enough to deserve a ban, this will be sent to the member.

Quarantining a member ~ This is the power where a moderator keeps track on what a certain member is doing. This is used when a moderator thinks the member is up to something suspicious.

Verbal warning ~ This is the power where a moderator sends a normal message onto a members page if they have done something to annoy the moderator or another member. Everyone can see this kind of warning.

I.P Ban ~ This is the power, in serious cases, where a moderator can ban the members I.P so they cannot log on or make another account with that computer. This is used when a member has tried to make an alt when their main account has been banned.

I.P Check ~ This is the power where a moderator can check to see if a member has an alt. This is used to check if a member, who is possibly banned has made an alternative account to still try and access sploder or break the rules. This is a very useful power. This can sometimes lead to an I.P ban.

Deleting Graphics ~ This is the power where moderators can delete graphics that may be breaking the rules of sploder or offending another member on sploder.

Deleting posts ~ This is the power where a moderator can delete a comment that has maybe broken the rules or upset a member. This usually leads to a warning or ban.

Flagging a game ~ This is the power where a moderator can click a button that sends the game to Geoff, he shall then decide if it needs to be deleted. A game is usually flagged when it breaks the rules or upsets another member.

Restoring games ~ This is the power where a moderator can retrieve a game that maybe a member has accidently deleted or deleted it and then regretted it. You can find that page here:  http://www.sploder.com/games/restoregames/

Reporting: games/graphics/posts/members/reviews ~ This is a power that anyone can access. This is only really used when a moderator is unsure that it should be deleted or banned. Only Geoff can delete reviews, no moderators can flag it.

Access to 'Ban Appeal' ~ This is the power where a moderator can speak to a member who thinks they should be un-banned if they are banned. A moderator must ask why the member thinks they should be un-banned. After the moderator has got the reasons, they will then decide if the member should be un-banned early or not.

Access to the hack log ~ This is the power where a moderator can check to see if a member has logged onto another members account. This is very useful to moderators because they can easily find who logs into an account when and what time.

Access to moderator board ~ This is the power where a moderator can find the latest moderator activity. Such as: recently banned members, deleted graphics and posts and more.

Permanent ban ~ This is the power where a MSM can ban a member forever. This means the member cannot do anything on sploder. You can be un-perma banned. This is usually the type of ban after an I.P ban.

Spamming And Flaming.

Spamming – This is where a member will post many messages on a page/pages. One of the most common ones is: ‘play my games’. Spamming can annoy people because spammers usually bury important messages. Some people spam emoticons: ‘nice game  :) :D ;D :P :D ;D :)  ;D ;D ;D :D :)) :P ^-^  :P’. Spamming is pointless and wastes other people’s time. Spamming usually leads to a warning.

Flaming – This is where two or more people argue about something. It could have started out as a debating and then turned into a full blown argument. Flaming can clog up pages, just like spamming. It wastes time because people like to try and stop the flaming but they just carry on. Flaming can usually lead to a warning. Just like spamming.

Final note.

In conclusion, I think I would make a good moderator for sploder as I know a lot about it, I’m very active and I know what shall be coming my way. I am on sploder everyday apart from when I have no access which is very rarely. If I were to become a moderator I would make sure everyone feels happy on sploder and sort out as much work as I can. I will push everything else out the way just so I can finish my job to keep sploder maintained. I shall also make my self a bit like a tour guide who shows new members what to do. But obviously, not all new members as there are hundreds and maybe thousands, just the ones who ask and REALLY need a guide.

Thanks for reading my MSM application.

If you thank this post and I come a MSM, sploder shall become a better place for everyone and it will be kept maintained.

Good luck to all the other applicants!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:59 pm by Gamekid »
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 09, 2013, 08:12 am »
EpicO, I told you you'll get it very shortly, you did and you seem worthy for it. Congratz!

Hardgamez, you always seemed as a mature member and I knew you we're gonna pass. Congratulations to both of you ^_^

Offline Him

• Disruptor
  • ✧ⓗⓐⓡⓓⓖⓐⓜⓔⓩ➐➐✧ Everyone be talking about Him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 09, 2013, 09:16 am »
Thanks x3
100th Thank: SploderEpicBros

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #635 on: April 09, 2013, 11:20 am »
What being a Main Site Moderator means to me:

Being a Main Site Moderator means a lot to me, saving Sploder and Community to be a better place. I see many inappropriate games, graphics and comments and none of the other Moderators see them or give them a warning. It is a great job for me and I will try my best to do it. I see every day the latest comments, newest members on the Forums and newest games to check there is no inappropriate things and maybe alt account. I know almost everything about Sploder. I am mature, friendly and also good at using all the programs and Moderator things. The MSM is the best thing to face with them who break the rules and give them reports.

Powers:

MSM job may look like a hard work but it's not for me. Moderators has different powers such as IP check, check reported posts or games, give them a warning if it is the first time they made it. Each of them has a way to use it. Some of them are:

IP Check: This is a great way to find a member who is banned before and now is using an Alternative account also you can check if he/she is hacking.

The Moderation Panel: All the Moderators can see The Moderation Panel. This panel shows all the reported comments, so I can use it to see if they are breaking the rules and after I determine it, I take action.

Warnings: Every one may do something wrong on this site but there are many of them such as spamming comments and emotions, advertising a game or a website. Warning is a great way to warn them to not do that anymore and give them a reason why he/she is warned. This might be a helpful way to learn them how Sploder works.

The Hack Log:The Hack Log is useful to see who is hacking trying to log into somebody's else account. A Moderator should use the hack log when a hacking is taken place. It shows the date and time when they tried to log in.

Perma Ban: You can't do nothing if you are Perma Banned. You can Perma Ban someone if he keep repeating the same mistake.

Disable and Enable comments:
Sometimes you can give him a warning and don't allow him to comments for a short or a long time.

Block Graphics:
There are a lot of users which makes Sex graphics. This Website is full of children so to make sure that no one see this graphics, Moderators can block them. 

Banning: You can ban someone who break the rules listed above. After 2 warnings you have to ban him.

Restoring Games: This is the right place when somebody who accidentally deleted a game, Moderators can see the comment here, trying to restore them by knowing their name or just seeing deleted games from that user. Sometimes games can't be restored so it is better to tell to them that the game can not get restored.

Spamming & Flaming: When somebody keep posting a lot of smileys or random words/letters this is called Spamming. Flaming is another problem which happens to two or more people with different opinions. As their opinion are different, they start a flame war. By doing this, they can use inappropriate words. This is the right time to remove the comments or give them a warning.

Delete Awards: This is another power that a MSM has. You can delete awards which contains on their description inappropriate words or rule breaking.

Note: I edited my MSM application so if you think I haven't changed it, you are wrong. Read it again. I am happy that Milking and Tommy got the MSM badge. Congratulations to them. If you think I am ready for it you can thank this post and feel free to correct some of my words. Just to let you know, I am almost all the day on Sploder so it will not be a big problem for me.

Good luck to the others.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2013, 02:04 pm »
Thanks to everyone who thanked me so far.  :)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 09, 2013, 04:26 pm »
Everybody, browse around this to get information on being a mod http://www.sploder.com/games/moderation/
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 09, 2013, 04:28 pm »
Everybody, browse around this to get information on being a mod http://www.sploder.com/games/moderation/
Hang on, where did you find this?...
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #639 on: April 09, 2013, 05:16 pm »
What the...

Offline amdri

• Heavy Cruiser
  • g wiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 09, 2013, 06:49 pm »
What being a MSM means to you:
Been an MSM means to me, getting rid of inappropriate website links and bypassing and spamming and rude usernames and racism etc. It also means to me to keep the MS safe from bully's. I have seen many members get scared of death threats on the MS and I have always wanted to help them by warning/banning the member and comfort the other member(s).

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:

Game Restoring
Game restoring is when a member has deleted a game and wants the game back. You would use this power when a member asks you to restore a game.

Warning.
A warning is when you warn a member for breaking a minor rule, because sometimes a ban isn't necessary. I would you use a warning in some emoticon spam  and bypassing once or twice or insulting a couple of members and spam and maybe if they send like 1 or 2 links to adult sites.

Temporarily Ban a member.
A temp ban is when you ban a member for a period of time for something they have done. I would use this when a user continues to bypass after he/she has had a warning about it, i would also use this when a particular member is asking for phone numbers and emails and and is sexting with other members, also if a member has ignored warnings about spamming and insulting people.

Permanently Banned.
A perma ban is when you ban an account permanently (so they they cannot access sploder.com on that account anymore. I would perma ban someone for many inappropriate games and very bad bypassing and death threats and threats towards other members, also when a member continues to bypass and spam and insult people.

I.P ban.
An I.P ban is when the user gets completely banned. Where he can't make another account or anything. I would use an I.P ban when someone has been permanently banned and made another alt, and on the alt continuously spamming and bypassing and sending inappropriate links and making inappropriate games.

What does spamming and flaming mean?

Spamming.
Spamming is when a user posts heaps of senseless comments at once. Or just posts heaps of emoticons or posts heaps of links of something or posts a message that is VERY long just to clog up the users comment system, also game spamming is when they make heaps of useless games just to level up.

Flaming.
Flaming is where someone viciously attacks someone online, derogatory comments towards some ones race or some ones sex or some ones religion or where someone makes personal attacks to a member.

Thank you for reading and I hope you thank this post!

Thank you once again
-amdri
when i hit the bong, i am going to willy wonkers elevator.

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #642 on: April 09, 2013, 07:07 pm »
Meh, I'll apply.

What being an MSM means to me:
An MSM is an important person in the Sploder Staff.  They ban/warn users violating the Terms of Service.  MSM's keep Sploder a safe place for the community. 

If I were an MSM I would do exactly that.  I would ban/warn users who break the rules.  I would use my powers correctly and not abuse them in any way (shape or form)

Powers of an MSM

Warn: An MSM can warn a user who does something small that violates the ToS.

Ban: If the warned member continues to break the rules an MSM can ban the user, which means he/she cannot log on that account.  The user will be unbanned after some time has passed.

Permanent Ban: If someone  still keeps breaking the rules they would get a permanent ban.  They can not log on EVER.

I.P. Ban: If the same person makes alts to get out of that ban an MSM can I.P. ban them, which bans all accounts on that I.P. and doesn't allow any more accounts to be made on that I.P.

Access to the Moderation Pannel: MSM's can see a special page where they use these powers, along with seeing reported posts or users.

Game Restore: An MSM can restore accidentally deleted games.  They will make sure that it is appropriate before restoring.

Deleting Awards: An MSM can delete Mainsite awards that have swear words in them or bypasses.

Spamming and Flaming

Spamming: Spamming is posting the same thing over and over again in a short period of time.  This will get you warned.

Flaming: Flaming is insulting another member for no reason.  It is not tolerated on Sploder.

Closing

This is my MSM application.  I hope I get accepted, and if I don't, congratulations to the person that does.

~Beefburito

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 09, 2013, 07:26 pm »
What being a MSM means to me.

A MSM has many responsibilities on keeping the Main Sploder website a safe, happy environment for everyone. MSM can ..

1 Moderators have the ability to ban members not using the site correctly, for example, repeatedly
Spamming, advertising other sites, flaming, swearing, cyber bullying, making inappropriate games, after they have been warned. I would ban a member if they just wouldn’t learn from their mistakes after I sent them a warning.

2 Moderators can warn members. Moderators can warn members when they break a rule. After being warned before  few times, moderators can ban that member. I would warn a member if they broke a rule once or twice.

3 Moderators can use an IP check, to see if members have an alt/s. I would find it if a member was banned, and they made another account and did more things against the rules.

4 Moderators can IP ban. IP banning is you ban all the persons alt/s and make it so they can’t even make another account after the IP banned ones. I would probably IP ban after VERY consistent misbehavior.

What is flaming to me:

Deliberate flaming, as opposed to flaming as a result of emotional discussions, is carried out by individuals known as flamers, who are specifically motivated to incite flaming. Flaming can be a heated argument, with inapropriate language or cruel insults, trash talking, etc.

Spamming: Continously writing offensive or annoying messages that hurt others fellings or trying to be  Troll.

Thanks for reading,
Sincerely, Jadenstrand75
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:44 pm by Jaden »
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 10, 2013, 03:20 am »
You guys do realize that you can't even do anything with it, right?
I looked yesterday. We can see everything you mods have done. I'd delete that eyenstein. Considering your name, that wasn't a very smart move.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 10, 2013, 05:41 am »
hth did you find this...
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline Dale18

• autistic!
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 10, 2013, 06:01 am »
What being a MSM means to me:

Being a moderator on the MS means alot to me. I can protect the site from spams, flames and other things the bad Sploder users do. I will not abuse my powers in any way, because that will just lead to a removal of the MSM badge. I will use my powers when I need to because it helps the mods and the other Sploder users that are annoyed with what the banned person is doing.

MSM's Powers:

Warning: Warning is a pretty common thing for the Sploder Users to recieve, after they spam, like: adiljfkdflalkdf or :D :D :D :( :( :(, flame, swear or make inapproprite games once or twice. While warning, the sploder users have to type a code that lets you post on the MS.

Banning: Banning is probably the most common thing on the MS, after someone flames, swears and spams a lot of times. Then the MSMs will ban the user. Banning the user makes the user unable to post, so it helps to stop the user from doing bad things.

I.P check: I.P check helps the moderators to find out if banned users are making alts to avoid bans, they can also check it if they are hacked, which helps track down the hacker.

I.P banning: I.P banning is not that common, it is just like banning, except people with the same I.P are banned, so if they make a alt. They still won't be able to post. It helps with people that are banned and are trying to make alts to *avoid banning*.

Perma banning: Probably the most rarest thing on the MS of Sploder. Perma banning dosen't even allowed the user to log in. Which is great for people that breaks the rules WAY too many times.

The Moderation Panel:
This is a special board and the only board viewed by moderators only. It helps to locate reported users for banning, games or posts so they can delete it.

Game Restore:
The mods can restore games because people request their games to be restored on the game restore page. The mods won't restore games containing inapproprite title or inapproprite gameplay.

Deleting awards:
Mods can delete awards, Moderators delete awards if the awards has bypassing, swearing or flaming on it. The mods won't delete the awards just because the mod dosen't like him.

So to round this up: Moderators can do more than a Reviewer and Editor.

~I hope you guys enjoy my application~

~Dale18

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #647 on: April 10, 2013, 10:23 am »
I am gonna like this job.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 10, 2013, 10:30 am »
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #649 on: April 10, 2013, 10:32 am »
I am gonna like this job.
Sorry, I will not like it, I will love it.

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37 am »
Hang on, where did you find this?...
In Main Site Office last month
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54 am »
In Main Site Office last month
Okay then...
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 10, 2013, 12:20 pm »
Hello. I am here to tell you why I think I'd be a good moderator. I am online almost all day everyday, (yup, I gots no life) and would love to help keep sploder a safe place. Many times I have found someone being bullied, or something innapropriate, on the mainsite, yet have been unable to do anything about it. And not being able to help greatly aggravates me.

I would love to be able to help, yet do not have the ability, so if I was made a moderator, I would finnaly be able to contribute to sploder!

what being a moderator means to me

Well, as I have  mentioned before, I truly want to contribute to sploder community. So I would gladly help in keeping sploder safe with the moderator badge. I have tried my best to help people on the main site with their bully problems, and other such thing, but, I can only really help them with the bully aspect by asking a moderator. And, by the time they can reply and do something... The damage has already been done. So, if I was moderator I could help those members so much more, without having to wait for another moderator. I would use my new powers wisely, and properly. This is what being a moderator means to me.

What powers a moderator has

Warning

A verbal warning to those who bully or spam, to let them know that they are doing wrong and a moderator is watching them. This will also give them an extra message to type when trying to post a message, to remind them even more what they do/did is wrong, and a moderator is keeping an eye on them.

Banning

If a member does not heed the warning, the moderator has the ability to ban him/her. This will mean he cannot post any more messages. He may still make games, however, so should still probably be watched in case of innapropriate games.

IP check

If a member is banned, he/she is likely to want to crate another account to get around this ban. If the moderator suspects a certain member of being an alt, he can IP check the two accounts to see if they're the same.

Flagging to geoff

If the moderator finds an inappropriate game, or an account that needs deleting for whatever reason, he can flag either of these for geoff to delete.

IP ban

If the offending member has ignored his warning, and tried to get around his ban with an alt, yet continues to offend, the moderator has the ability to IP ban that member. This will mean he cannot access his account, make games, post a comment, or even make a new account. This should only be used as a last resort.

I would not misuse these powers, rather, I would use them to the best of my ability to help sploder.

Define spamming and flaming

Spamming

This is to send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on sploder, or to constantly harrass a member with immature annoyance. This could be advertising his/her website, game, or asking for awards.

Flaming

Flaming is hostile and insulting interaction between sploder users, often involving the use of profanity.

Final note

As I have mentioned multiple times, but only to get the point across, I would use all of this to the best of my ability, to keep sploder a safe and child-friendly place.

~Thank you very much for reading this.~
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55 pm »
I found this long before I became mod xP

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 10, 2013, 03:00 pm »
I only saw it 2 days before I got promoted to mod xD
xD

Offline Martin

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • smiters gonna smite
    • View Profile
    • DarthBot Discord Bot
Application
« Reply #656 on: April 12, 2013, 11:23 am »
What being a MSM means to you: Being A MSM would be a massive accomplishment to me. I would not only think that i have proven to the MS staff I am worthy of such a responsibility, but I have proven to myself that I am growing up and also becoming more mature as each day passes.
Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:
A MSM can issue a Warn to Users. They can Ban a user, and block an IP address. It can view reported users and can view what other Moderators have done and how long ago (roughly). Also, a Moderator can moderate graphics (delete) and can view the hack log. (If a user has more than 1 failed attempt it will appear in the hack log, the user/ip loggin into which users account.
Define spamming and flaming: Spamming is where a user repeatedly posts a comment. Flaiming is where a user wants to get a reaction from somebody, for example: User: hi User1:bob User: stop saying that User1: Bob User: STOP SAYING THAT!
It is usually a aggressive reaction intended.

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 12, 2013, 07:28 pm »
What a mod means to me: Everything. I feel the same way. I been on here for a couple of months. I am a noob right now I get it. But I have seen cussing, flaming, bullies, hatred everything. That even hhappend with me. I got hated on. I hated going on my page seeing people curse and threaten and all ythat crap. And when I ask a moderator he gets back to me in like 3 days, where If I was a moderator I could get it done THERE and THEN. You need to be sensible, I might not be the most sensible but we have all these bully groups that are great and stuff but a mod keeps things in shape. I would dislike I.P. banning but it has to be done. If enough people thank me that will be one of the greatest decisions of your life. And someday I hope to go to my homepage and see that mod. badge filled in the slot.

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 12, 2013, 07:32 pm »
What a mod means to me: Everything. I feel the same way. I been on here for a couple of months. I am a noob right now I get it. But I have seen cussing, flaming, bullies, hatred everything. That even hhappend with me. I got hated on. I hated going on my page seeing people curse and threaten and all ythat crap. And when I ask a moderator he gets back to me in like 3 days, where If I was a moderator I could get it done THERE and THEN. You need to be sensible, I might not be the most sensible but we have all these bully groups that are great and stuff but a mod keeps things in shape. I would dislike I.P. banning but it has to be done. If enough people thank me that will be one of the greatest decisions of your life. And someday I hope to go to my homepage and see that mod. badge filled in the slot.
Nice work.

Although i think both you and me need a little more forum experience, don't you think?
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #659 on: April 12, 2013, 10:17 pm »
A Mainsite Moderator is a member that has been given the all so important job of enforcing the terms of service (the sploder law) and overall protecting the site. He or she must be responsible, trustworthy, and capable of handling the responsibilities. He or she must also be a good role model to the other members and not abuse his or her powers but rather use them for the well being of the sploder mainsite. That is what being a Mainsite Moderator means to me.

As with any other job there are some powers associated with being a Moderator, these powers are listed below.

Moderation Panel: The Moderation Panel is a special page only view able to Mainsite Moderators, the page contains all the powers or tools of a Moderator. These tools include list of reports, bans issued, warnings issued, hack log, and more.

Warn- The Warning is the most basic tool of a Moderator, it is to be issued for the most minor offenses, example: bypassing a time or two.

Ban - A ban is to be issued to users that have broken the terms of service or have repeated offences. Example: threatened users, spammed or posted profanity.

Ip Check- IP check is used to find out the alternative accounts of a user.

Hack Log- The hack log is to find out who has hacked who and what time.

Award and Graphic Moderation- A Moderator has the power to delete graphics and awards, however it should only be used if the the graphic and or award contains vulgar material.

Game Restoration - Game restoration is a Moderation tool in which a Moderator can restore a deleted game of a user.

Spam- Spamming means the constant posting of something usually of the same thing.

Flaming- A flame war is a heated argument between two individuals, that results in those involved posting personal attacks on each other during or instead of debating the topic at hand.

I think that I should be a Moderator because I am responsible, trustworthy, and mature. I would be a good role model to every member and I would take my job seriously. I would focus on my job almost always and actually do stuff instead of sit on my ass doing nothing like many Moderators of today. I am fully capable of handling the responsibilities and am confident that I would be one of the greatest Moderators in the history of this site.

Thank you for reading my short but sweet application
~Jmc

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17