Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 28902 times)

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2013, 03:58 pm »
No need to make the apps look fancy. Members thank if they think you're mature.
Yeah, but deputy did say you had to write all those things, so, I'll write em lol.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Him

• Disruptor
  • ✧ⓗⓐⓡⓓⓖⓐⓜⓔⓩ➐➐✧ Everyone be talking about Him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2013, 04:43 pm »
MSM Application:
Introduction:
Well, the competition looks tough, but hopefully my chances will be high. I know most people have forgotten who I am, and my chances have probably decreased by a whole lot, but anyways, here's my application:
What being a MSM means to you:
An MSM helps keep the main site clear of spammers, hackers, and other rule-breakers. I want to help with this by becoming an MSM. I believe I qualify for this role, even though I'm not the one who judges that. I am mature, and wouldn't abuse my powers and use them for my own good. I am active. Since I came back, I've came online everyday, and being active is important, as an MSM who barely comes on would not be able to spot the rule-breakers, thus not doing his/her job.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:

Warning - A warning is a message to tell a rule-breaker that he/she has broken a rule and carrying on may turn into more severe consequences. This would be issued to people who have broken a rule like bypassing, or spamming for the first-time. Of course, if they have broken the rule several times, a more severe consequence than a warning would be issued.

Banning - This is when a user is blocked from posting, making awards, and making games, but can still log in, play games and view posts. It blocks all methods of conveying a message to the public. All posting, making awards and making games allow users to convey messages. Users may be banned for a limited time. This is issued to people who have bypassed/spammed/insulted other users, multiple times after being warned.

Permanent Ban - Users who break rules like bypassing, spamming or insulting multiple times keep getting worse (by this I mean using bypassing a lot more, spam large messages, insult using racism, sexism, and get more offensive) can be issued a Perma-Ban. This is when the user cannot do anything with his/her account. They can't even log on. This may also be issued for any other harmful rule-breaking, like abusing powers to harm a user.

Un-Banning - Pretty self-explanatory. This is used to un-ban banned users, thus allowing them to do what they could normally do. It may be used on people who were banned only for a certain time.

IP Ban - This is the worst of all types of bans. An IP ban is the same as a Perma-Ban, except an IP ban bans users from accessing an account from the same IP as the IP banned user and bans them from creating another account from the same IP as well. Basically, an IP banned user is banned from the whole Sploder site, and cannot get into it in any way. This would be issued in absolute serious cases like breaking multiple rules multiple times, abusing powers for even worse reasons, abusing alts for your own benefit.

IP Checking - This is used to check an IP of a user, and may be used to find an IP to ban it or to check for alts.

Deleting Messages - This power can delete messages on profiles and games. This would be used when someone spams, posts insulting messages, or posts messages where he/she has bypassed..

Game Restoring - MSMs have the power to restore deleted games. This would be used when a user requests to restore a game they may have deleted for whatever reason. MSMs would decide whether it is suitable to be restored or not.

Game Flagging - I would use this if I found a game with inappropriate content like insults, sexual references, nude etc. This would send a notification to Geoff. Geoff would then see the game, decide whether it should be deleted, then take action. Other consequences may be given as well as the deletion.

Deleting Graphics - MSMs have the power to delete graphics with inappropriate content. I'd use this when I find graphics with nude, offensive language, or racism. Inappropriate graphics would be easy to find when making PPGs, and since I'm working on quite a few, I'd be able to spot them.

Access Moderating Board - The Moderating Board displays all bans, deleted items, warnings etc.

Access Hack Log - This is a log where MSMs can see which IP has accessed which account. This is used to find hackers, accessing other accounts. I would check this regularly and I'd use it when someone claims that they have been hacked. Another way of finding out whether someone's been hacked is by there actions. If a generally nice person suddenly became mean, or if a person suddenly started making inappropriate games, it'd be suspicious, and then I'd check the Hack Log.

Reporting - Both users and MSMs have this power. Reporting posts adds them to a list of reported posts. MSMs can view this list and then easily delete the posts in it.

Define spamming and flaming:

Spamming:
This is the act of posting loads of messages consecutively. These messages can be either advertising, e.g "Play my games and vote them!!!!" or messages with random content, e.g "oiuenciprewhbf". The advertising messages are to advertise, and the random content ones are to annoy people.

Flaming:
Flaming is the act of posting messages to rudely insult a member. This may include racism, sexism, bypassing etc, and this can be serious. This may happen for various reasons.

Final Notes:
Thanks for reading this rather long application. Sorry if I bored you to death! I understand an MSM has a lot of powers, and you guys wouldn't just want to give it to anyone. If I get this position, I promise to be in top form, trying to help everyday, and I won't abuse these powers. Thanks once again!

~ hardgamez77
100th Thank: SploderEpicBros

Offline Rox

• Mortar
  • Uh, hi there? :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2013, 03:11 pm »
What being a Moderator means to me.

Being a Moderator (Or, MSM for short) is a great thing as Moderator is the most important badge contained within the MS (Mainsite) It is used for the protection of Sploder and keeping those corrupted twisted minds out of Sploder, this is actually a kids website so you wouldn't want someone to randomly come out of nowhere and start shouting swear words at other members, that is warn/ban material.

What does a Moderator do?
(Bonus Field)

A Moderator moderates the site and gets rid of inappropriate behaviour, basically anything inappropriate will be dealt with. Not straight away, because the Moderator might be offline or something. You never know.

The abilities Moderators have.

Here, it comes down to where I write the jobs/abilities Moderators have. This will be from minor to major.

Panel of Moderation - Moderators have access to the "Moderation Panel" this is basically the hideout for all Moderators, this is a panel that is enabling Moderators to do what they can.

Hack Log - This is self-explanatory and used to locate members who are collabing, hacking etc.

IP Check - Moderators have the power to IP check you, this allows them to see if you have mainsite alts.

Flagging a game - Moderators can also flag games to Geoff to see if he deletes them. (Geoff can only delete games at the moment.) The game only gets flagged if it is inappropriate or offensive.

Deleting Comments - Moderators also have the power to delete comments, a deleted comment is only a minor offence, but it's still bad. When a Moderator deletes a comment the comment is not permanently gone, the comment the Moderator deleted will show up as "[Message deleted by Moderator]"

IP Ban - Moderators can IP ban people, this disables them from making alts on the mainsite.

Warn - As we ALL should know Moderators can warn people for how long they like, this may disable you from sending comments or awards.

Ban - Just here and beyond the powers become more worse, banning someone limits their account for a short amount of time. They are unable to send Comments. If you get banned you may file an appeal in a special kind of board called "Ban Appeal" if you persuade the Moderator to unban you, they will, otherwise you will remain banned.

Perma Ban - Moderators can perma ban members, but to receive this ban. You will have to drive the Moderators crazy as hell. Driving a Moderator to perma ban you is harder then you think. This also disables your account and you are not able to log in.

Whew, that was pretty long but I'm not finished yet.

Words and Definitions.

Alt - Short for alternate, this is somewhat another word for multiple.

Perma - Short for permanent(ly) means forever.

Flagging - Flagging is another word for reporting

MSM - Short for Mainsite Moderator, this is the badge given to you when you pass voting in the MSM recruitment.

MS - Short for Mainsite. The site that you receive the badges on.

What can you get warned/banned for?
(Bonus Field)

Well, you can get banned for a lot of things. Let me bullet point some things you could get banned for.

1. You could get warned/banned for inappropriate language
2. You could get warned/banned for racism, this is a more major case and could actually lead to a permanent ban if repetitive.
3. You could get warned/banned for inappropriate games or graphics as other users can see them. This is most likely to get you a warning, but if repetitive can lead to a ban.

I would use these powers if I know someone is acting aggressively towards other members. If you tell them once and they still repeat it. It just shows how foolish and disobedient they are. 

Thanks.

~Roxus

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:15 pm by Roxus »

Click these please? =D

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2013, 10:28 am »
EpicO-8
Gamekid-8
Rocketeer-8
Redstorm97-8
Hardgames27-6

#WCGP

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2013, 11:25 pm »
Rocketeer passes
#WCGP

Offline Tommy123

• Mortar
  • Feel free to PM me anytime. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2013, 12:41 am »
What being a MSM means to me
Being a MSM is a big deal to me and should be for many others. It is a power that is used to protect the people of Sploder from hackers, bullies, rule-breakers, ect, but the power should be used carefully and thoughtfully. "With great power comes great responsibility." They must be willing to think wisely in the toughest of situations and be willing to punish a user no matter how much hate he/she will get. We must remember that Sploder is a kids’ website, and MSM’s are one of the only ones that are able to protect the kids from harmful content.

I would love to help out Sploder by becoming a MSM. If I became a MSM, I would make sure I would do my job carefully and correctly. I will think and act fairly, and I would take it seriously. I will be fair when making judgments, and I will follow all the rules to be a MSM.

MSM's Powers
The Moderation Panel:
All MSM’s have the ability to view the moderation panel. The moderation panel shows every single reported comment. From here, the MSM’s can determine if the comment is rule-breaking or not. If it is rule-breaking, then punishment will be given depending on how serious of the offense it was.

The Hack Log:
The hack log shows all the attempts somebody makes to log into somebody else’s account. It tells who tried to log into the account and the time and date of when they tried. A MSM should use the hack log when a hacking is taken place. It will show who hacked the user, and what damage they did. MSM’s use this to help figure out who hacked who.

IP Checking:
A MSM has the power to IP check a member. Once IP checked, the user’s location and all of his alts will appear.  MSM’s use this power in situations such as when a member is being hacked, and they need to know who possibly hacked them.

Warnings:
In most cases, instead of banning a member on their first offense, MSM’s warn a user telling them what they did wrong, and that next time the consequences will be worse. MSM’s use this power when a user does a minor offense, such as swearing, bypassing, and spam.

Banning:
MSM’s have the power to ban a user. A ban will take away the user’s right to comment and make awards, but they can still make games and groups. In serious cases, MSM's can ban a member permanently. MSM’s use this power whenever a user repeats an offense after their warning or whenever they make a major offense.

IP Banning:
Another power a MSM has is IP banning. An IP ban has all the consequences of a ban, but it bans all of the users that have the same IP address. MSM’s use this power only in the worse of the worse situations.

Restoring Games:
Sometimes, a user accidentally deletes a game. In order to get it back, the user who deleted their game should make a comment in the game restoration page, http://www.sploder.com/games/restoregames/. Here, MSM’s can see who wants their game restored, and what game they want restored. However, in some cases, a game cannot be restored.

Blocking Graphics:
MSM’s have the power to block graphics. MSM’s use this power whenever the user makes an inappropriate graphics that breaks the rules.

Deleting Awards:
MSM’s have the ability to delete awards from a user. MSM’s use this if it is award’s description contains inappropriate words or breaks any of the rules.

Removing Comments:
MSM’s have the power to delete inappropriate comments. Once removed, the comment appears as “[Comment deleted by moderator]”. MSM’s use this power whenever a user posts a comment that contains spam, bypassing, cussing, or flaming.

Spamming and Flaming
Spamming:
Spamming is pretty much stupid, pointless, annoying messages. Advertising games on other people's pages and comments that contain a whole bunch of smileys or jumbles or random letters are considered spam.

Flaming:
Flaming is when one user attacks another user by insulting the user, and in most cases, involves inappropriate words. Flaming usually happens when two or more users have different opinions on a subject. After awhile, the argument escalates into a flame war, and insults are thrown at each other.

------

Thanks for taking your time to read my application. I hope you understand all the points I made in this, and good luck to the others. =)
~Tommy123

Promotions -
Soldier: October 10, 2012
Lieutenant: March 30, 2013

Post Ranks -
Launcher: September 24, 2012
Mortar: January 12, 2013

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2013, 02:41 am »
What being a Main Site Moderator means to me:

Being a Main Site Moderator means a lot for me, saving Sploder and Community to be a better place. I see many inappropriate games, graphics and comments and none of the other Moderators see them or give them a warning. It is a great job for me and I will try my best to do it. I see every day the comments and newest games to check that there is no inappropriate things also I know almost everything about Sploder. I am mature, friendly and also good at using all the programs and Moderator things. The MSM is the best thing to face with them who break the rules and give them reports.

Powers:

MSM job may look like a hard work but it's not for me. Moderators has different powers such as IP check, check reported posts or games, give them a warning if it is the first time they made it. Each of them has a way to use it. Some of them are:

IP Check: This is a great way to find a member who is banned before and now is using an Alternative account also you can check if he/she is hacking.

Warnings: Every one may do something wrong on this site but there are many of them such as spamming comments and emotions, advertising a game or a website. Warning is a great way to warn them to not do that anymore and give them a reason why he/she is warned. This might be a helpful way to learn them how Sploder works.

Perma Ban:
You can't do nothing if you are Perma Banned. You can Perma Ban someone if he keep repeating the same mistake.

Disable and Enable comments:
Sometimes you can give him a warning and don't allow him to comments for a short or a long time.

Reported Graphics, Comments and Games:
As we know Moderators can't delete the games but this is a way to make them see inappropriate games which includes Sex graphics or this kind of words. There are children playing this games so we are able to report them and maybe Geoff may see them. Inappropriate comments are reported so I can see it if I am a Moderator.

Banning: You can ban someone who break the rules listed above. After 2 warnings you have to ban him.

Note: I am almost 8 hours Online in a day so it will be a easy stuff for me. It will be a honor to make a Sploder a better and safe Website. Gerald is now out.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2013, 04:58 am »
Rocketeer passes
Congrats rocketeer.
I don't how to make my application different now. Could you give me a hand here spell.

Could I recycle my application then change it in places?
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2013, 05:40 am »
What being a MSM means to me.

A MSM, to me, is the most important job on sploder as the lucky, yet hard working people, who have this power, keep the sploder MS members under control and also content. But mainly members. Without our, helpful, moderators, sploder would be like the London riots in August 2011.
I understand that being a moderator's job is pretty tough but at times can be pretty fun. Like a real life job, you have to be up for anything that comes in your way and be ready for anything.
A moderator has lots of powers, that should NEVER, even if you have millions of reasons, ever be abused. e.g. Banning a member because they didn't play your game. You get the idea.
A MSM is a role model to most members. So, you must teach them to be mature and how to keep safe on sploder
If I was given the, lucky, job of a MSM moderator, I would make sure members know what to if you think you or your friend is being: threatened, bullied or/and bribed.
To make a good MSM you should be active with your job, this way, lots of MSM jobs will be done and out the way. e.g. Ban appeal replies, un-banning members, etc, etc.
A good MSM can sometimes be friendly too. Not too friendly, because then it shows to be really soft, just showing a bit of thought on who you’re talking to can always calm a situation. If you are friendly, more members will like you and be interested in what you do. That way, not only are you making someone happy, you get another MS member who respects you and you feel proud with what you have done in your job.
Moderators have to loyal and reliable. Your leader, Geoff and all the other MSMs and MS member rely on you. If you don't show loyalty and reliability, most of these will show minimum respect for you. Most members respect a MSM; you should at least be loyal to all of them. Lots of sploder members wait for MSM to help them; you should let them know that you will help.
Moderators must be serious in all situations. Whether they are warning a member, talking to a member who is upset by something or something else. The reason being for this is: a member could get the impression that you are doing your job wrong or that they think they may be able to keep you acting immaturely and try to get you to act like them. I don’t know. Anything could happen.
A MSM should have control over members, not just to have the ability to ban them. These should calm them and make them act maturely towards sploder. The more you tend to ignore them, the more agitated and annoyed they get.

What powers a MSM has.

Banning ~ This is a power where a MSM has the ability to stop a member on the MS from doing certain things. Moderator’s use this power when a member has broken the rules. In this situation, it is probably best to explain what the member has done wrong and how long they are banned for. Showing attention helps calm members down.

Un-Banning ~ This is the power where a moderator can un-ban a member early if they have a good reason posted in the ban appeal. This is a pretty easy task, just explain to the member that they are un-banned and why (If required).
 Warning ~ This is the power where a moderator can send a bold message that appears on a certain member’s page under their avatar when they log in. If a member has broken the rules, but not enough to deserve a ban, this will be sent to the member.

Quarantining a member ~ This is the power where a moderator keeps track on what a certain member is doing. This is used when a moderator thinks the member is up to something suspicious.
 Verbal warning ~ This is the power where a moderator sends a normal message onto a members page if they have done something to annoy the moderator or another member. Everyone can see this kind of warning.

I.P Ban ~ This is the power, in serious cases, where a moderator can ban the members I.P so they cannot log on or make another account with that computer. This is used when a member has tried to make an alt when their main account has been banned.

I.P Check ~ This is the power where a moderator can check to see if a member has an alt. This is used to check if a member, who is possibly banned has made an alt to still try and access sploder or break the rules. This is a very useful power.
 Deleting Graphics ~ This is the power where moderators can delete graphics that may be breaking the rules of sploder or offending another member on sploder.

Deleting posts ~ This is the power where a moderator can delete a comment that has maybe broken the rules or upset a member. This usually leads to a warning or ban.

Flagging a game ~ This is the power where a moderator can click a button that sends the game to Geoff, he shall then decide if it needs to be deleted. A game is usually flagged when it breaks the rules or upsets another member.

Restoring games ~ This is the power where a moderator can retrieve a game that maybe a member has accidently deleted or deleted it and then regretted it.
Reporting: games/graphics/posts/members/reviews ~ This is a power that anyone can access. This is only really used when a moderator is unsure that it should be deleted or banned. Only Geoff can delete reviews, no moderators can flag it.

Access to 'Ban Appeal' ~ This is the power where a moderator can speak to a member who thinks they should be un-banned if they are banned. A moderator must ask why the member thinks they should be un-banned. After the moderator has got the reasons, they will then decide if the member should be un-banned early or not.

Access to moderator board ~ This is the power where a moderator can find the latest moderator activity. Such as: recently banned members, deleted graphics and posts and more.

Spamming And Flaming.

Spamming - This is where a member posts multiples of times, most of the time the same thing, on peoples and other pages. Spamming is pointless. If you were to spam, members will just lose respect for you and you will end up with no one for you because you annoyed them by multiple posting on their page. Spamming is very annoying as people don't want to see a load of pointless posts that they've already seen, they want to see more posts that are important. Usually, spamming leads to a warning or a ban. 

Flaming - Flaming is when members argue and cuss each other. Flaming usually starts with a disagreement. Most members don't like flamers, it annoys them and respect will be lost for them because they have argued for no valid reason. Flaming can sometimes lead to a warning or a ban.

Final note.

I am fully aware that a moderators job can be pretty difficult. But hey, I'm up for it!
If I become a moderator, I will make sure sploder keeps maintained well and that all the members on sploder feel safe. All the members who deserve it, will be brought to justice, one way or another.
I thank you so much for taking the time to read my application.

I promise that if you thank this post and I become a MSM, I will keep sploder a safe place and let everyone enjoy it!
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53 am »
Thanks milky  :)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2013, 06:34 am »
What being a MSM means to me
Being a MSM is a big deal to me and should be for many others. It is a power that is used to protect the people of Sploder from hackers, bullies, rule-breakers, ect, but the power should be used carefully and thoughtfully. "With great power comes great responsibility." They must be willing to think wisely in the toughest of situations and be willing to punish a user no matter how much hate he/she will get. We must remember that Sploder is a kids’ website, and MSM’s are one of the only ones that are able to protect the kids from harmful content.

I would love to help out Sploder by becoming a MSM. If I became a MSM, I would make sure I would do my job carefully and correctly. I will think and act fairly, and I would take it seriously. I will be fair when making judgments, and I will follow all the rules to be a MSM.

MSM's Powers
The Moderation Panel:
All MSM’s have the ability to view the moderation panel. The moderation panel shows every single reported comment. From here, the MSM’s can determine if the comment is rule-breaking or not. If it is rule-breaking, then punishment will be given depending on how serious of the offense it was.

The Hack Log:
The hack log shows all the attempts somebody makes to log into somebody else’s account. It tells who tried to log into the account and the time and date of when they tried. A MSM should use the hack log when a hacking is taken place. It will show who hacked the user, and what damage they did. MSM’s use this to help figure out who hacked who.

IP Checking:
A MSM has the power to IP check a member. Once IP checked, the user’s location and all of his alts will appear.  MSM’s use this power in situations such as when a member is being hacked, and they need to know who possibly hacked them.

Warnings:
In most cases, instead of banning a member on their first offense, MSM’s warn a user telling them what they did wrong, and that next time the consequences will be worse. MSM’s use this power when a user does a minor offense, such as swearing, bypassing, and spam.

Banning:
MSM’s have the power to ban a user. A ban will take away the user’s right to comment and make awards, but they can still make games and groups. In serious cases, MSM's can ban a member permanently. MSM’s use this power whenever a user repeats an offense after their warning or whenever they make a major offense.

IP Banning:
Another power a MSM has is IP banning. An IP ban has all the consequences of a ban, but it bans all of the users that have the same IP address. MSM’s use this power only in the worse of the worse situations.

Restoring Games:
Sometimes, a user accidentally deletes a game. In order to get it back, the user who deleted their game should make a comment in the game restoration page, http://www.sploder.com/games/restoregames/. Here, MSM’s can see who wants their game restored, and what game they want restored. However, in some cases, a game cannot be restored.

Blocking Graphics:
MSM’s have the power to block graphics. MSM’s use this power whenever the user makes an inappropriate graphics that breaks the rules.

Deleting Awards:
MSM’s have the ability to delete awards from a user. MSM’s use this if it is award’s description contains inappropriate words or breaks any of the rules.

Removing Comments:
MSM’s have the power to delete inappropriate comments. Once removed, the comment appears as “[Comment deleted by moderator]”. MSM’s use this power whenever a user posts a comment that contains spam, bypassing, cussing, or flaming.

Spamming and Flaming
Spamming:
Spamming is pretty much stupid, pointless, annoying messages. Advertising games on other people's pages and comments that contain a whole bunch of smileys or jumbles or random letters are considered spam.

Flaming:
Flaming is when one user attacks another user by insulting the user, and in most cases, involves inappropriate words. Flaming usually happens when two or more users have different opinions on a subject. After awhile, the argument escalates into a flame war, and insults are thrown at each other.

------

Thanks for taking your time to read my application. I hope you understand all the points I made in this, and good luck to the others. =)
~Tommy123
Another week of fail for me, I can sense it.  :(
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Him

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2013, 09:43 am »
1 question. Do I have to change my applications COMPLETELY? Or just adjust sentences, remove sentences, and add some?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:45 am by hardgamez77 »

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2013, 09:49 am »
1 question. Do I have to change my applications COMPLETELY? Or just adjust sentences, remove sentences, and add some?
That's what I asked.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Him

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2013, 10:44 am »

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45 am »
Oh kay.
And didn't get an answer.  :P
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2013, 04:46 pm »
How can this be possible? No one wants me?

Offline G1

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2013, 05:01 pm »
You forgot the spamming and flaming part.
I haven't wrote that because I used the same application. If I don't get accepted this week, can I change it?

Offline Crazy Panda

• Launcher
  • I got serious strength
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2013, 05:12 pm »
                           What being a Moderator means to me
Being a Moderator means getting to moderate the site. If I get accepted, I won't be bragging about anything. Being a Moderator mean having duties to do and to have to warn and sometimes ban members that spam, bypass, etc. It also means having to get on every once and a while to try to find anyone that is breaking the rules or anything else they are doing that is inappropriate.

List of powers a Moderator has. Ban (gets to ban any members who break the rules more than 1+ times)

2. Warn (gets to give warnings to members who break a rule)

3. Delete inappropriate posts (they get to delete inappropriate posts in the main site)

4. Ban members from posting (they can ban members from posting if they do many spam or inappropriate posts)
5. Restoring games (they get to restore deleted games if the owner wants them to.
6. IP banning (they ban members with the same IP address if the members do a really bad thing)

I would use any of these powers if someone started to break the rule(s) or if they kept spamming any profile messages.
Definition of flaming and spamming
 Spamming- spamming is posting many comments with no real sense and only random letters and numbers. This usually happens when a immature member gets bored.

Flaming- insulting other members or saying mean things about them. Usually happens when a member gets mad at another member and posts inappropriate things or mean things about another member.

Goal
Soldier (Forums)
1 MS Feature (Mainsite)
100 Thanks (Forums)

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50 pm »
Hi I came here because I think I will be a good mod! (probably EVERYONE thinks they're a good mod ^-^) But I came here because I wanted a chance to pursuit my dream of becoming a great mod, banning bullies, making things right and fair, and last but not least HAVING FUN!  ^-^ ^-^ :)

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2013, 08:09 pm »
Hi I came here because I think I will be a good mod! (probably EVERYONE thinks they're a good mod ^-^) But I came here because I wanted a chance to pursuit my dream of becoming a great mod, banning bullies, making things right and fair, and last but not least HAVING FUN!  ^-^ ^-^ :)
Read the first page to see what you have to do ;)

Offline miracleboy

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 18, 2013, 08:38 pm »
OK I know what I need to do now. An MSM to me is a person who you have to respect, a person who makes wrongs into right, a person who knows what to do in almost every situation. MSM can ban people, have power over people, and can make sure you don't go on Sploder again (unless you get a a different IP of course!)  An MSM's most IMPORTANT job is spamming. Spammers are really annoying in my opinion, they say stuff over and over and over again! If I were a mod, trust ME Spamming wouldn't last long! I hope I get en ough "thanks" to become a mod. If I do become a moderator, that will be probably the SMARTEST decision you have ever made in your lifetime. I hope you guys agree to what I am saying. Please reply and thanks this application! :) :) :)

Offline Pythagoras

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2013, 08:51 am »

If I were to become an MSM, I would make sure every problem has been done and I would always me there to check if it is actually a good reason to be warned or banned.  I would not ban someone for no reason at all and if it is time for them to unbanned I will be active and be there to finish there punishment and I will make sure it is the right time to unban them.

~The MSM Powers~

MSM members keep sploder safe and makes sure it is age appropriate for any age. MSM members have a chance of a life time and they have to work for sploder every day to make sure it is safe. They ban inappropriate things and make sure it is never saw again and make sploder the best website ever.

Warning: Any inappropriate behaviour like spamming, bad graphics, bad games, bypassing, racism should be dealt with as soon as it is saw and if that person keeps doing it and breaking the rules he should be punished.

Banning: A member gets banned after breaking the rules  several times and if it is one time you should give them one more chance because they might not of read the rules, but if he/she does it again they should be banned.

Ip Check: On forums you can only have 1 account on main site you have to have permission to make another account or you must tell mods that it is you because they need to know, keeping it secret will just get you in to trouble.

Quarantining: If a user has misbehaved a lot on the site. A moderator can make this member quarantined. This makes that member under the watch of all moderators in case he/she breaks the rules again

Flagging a game: If a mod finds an inappropriate game they flag it and it goes straight to Geoff so I is deleted so there is no point in making inappropriate games.

Blocking Games/Graphics: This will happen if a moderator find's a game or graphic inappropriate. They can block it so that other members can not see it.

Access to the MSM panel: A moderator can check all of the previous bans and warning they and other moderators have made.

Spam: Any spamming should be dealt with do that person will never never spam again.

Flame: When someone post's rude or offensive messages/insults or racism to another member. May result in what's known as a "flame war"

I'm sure I would be a great addition for the Main Site Moderators. If I do pass. I will be sure to help with the best of my abilities.
Friend list

Dudki
Cg
Coolgirl5
Cian009
Ryanrider
Woodchuck
Enderchim
Milking
Matt
Jasmineofdeltora
Sto4
Koolbox
Religious2

Newest game

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2013, 02:10 pm »
I would like to tell you, why I would be a good mod. I have had a lot of experiance with bullies, and helped the mods find bullies and such on sploder. People now come to me for help, but I feel I cannot help them without the powers of a moderator. So, here is my application.

What being a moderator means to me

For me to be a moderator, has been my main goal on sploder for a long time. I began  helping the moderators find bullies, and helping members with their bully problems. To this day, members still come to me for help, as I have mentioned before, however, I feel I cannot help them much. I would LOVE to be able to help these members. Truly, I would. If I were a moderator I would use my powers wisely, and properly, to help keep sploder a family friendly place.

What powers a moderator has

Deleting comments

If a moderator finds an innapropriate message on the main site, he has the ability to delete it to prevent as many members from seeing it as possible.

Warning a member

If a member has broken rules, by spamming, bypassing, bullying, or by another method, the moderator can give him a verbal warning. This acts as a deterrent for further rule breaking.

Banning a member

If the situation calls for it, the moderator can ban a member. this means he cannot post, but can still make games.

Flagging games and accounts

If a member has been IP banned, or there is an innapropriate game, the moderator can flag the game/account to geoff to delete.

IP banning

If a member has been banned, and created another account to get around the ban, and continued breaking the rules, the moderator can IP ban that member. This means he cannot make another account, or post. This should only be used as a last resort.

Define flaming and spamming

Flaming

Flaming, is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity. It is frequently the result of the discussion of heated real-world issues such as politics, religion, and philosophy, or of issues that polarise subpopulations, but can also be provoked by seemingly trivial differences.

Spamming

Spamming is to send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on  sploder, or to the same member, as either annnoyance, or advertising.

Final note

I would be the best moderator I could be if given the honour. And I truly, truly hope that people know that. I want so badly to help my fellow members, but can see no way to help them as easily as this.

~Thank you for reading~
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Him

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 20, 2013, 01:02 pm »
MSM Application:
What being a MSM means to you:
An MSM helps keep the main site clear of spammers, hackers, and other rule-breakers. I want to help with this by becoming an MSM. I believe I qualify for this role, even though I'm not the one who judges that. I am mature, so I won't abuse my powers, and I will do my job properly. I am also active. Being active is very important, as an active MSM can spot more rule-breakers easily, and efficiently. Whereas an inactive MSM can't find many rule-breakers.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:

Warning - A warning is a message to tell a rule-breaker that he/she has broken a rule and carrying on may turn into more severe consequences. This would be issued to people who have broken a rule like bypassing, or spamming for the first-time. Of course, if they have broken the rule several times, a more severe consequence than a warning would be issued.

Banning - When a user continues to bypass, spam, or insult other users multiple times after being warned, a ban may be issued. This blocks the user from posting, making awards, and making games, but they can still log in, play games, and view posts. Basically, banning people blocks all methods of conveying a message to the public, thus stopping them from bypassing, spamming or insulting. Users may be banned for a limited time.

Permanent Ban - Users who break rules like bypassing, spamming or insulting multiple times keep getting worse (by this I mean using bypassing a lot more, spam large messages, insult using racism, sexism, and get more offensive) can be issued a Perma-Ban. This is when the user cannot do anything with his/her account. They can't even log on. This may also be issued for any other harmful rule-breaking, like abusing powers to harm a user.

Un-Banning - Pretty self-explanatory. This is used to un-ban banned users, thus allowing them to do what they could normally do. It may be used on people who were banned only for a certain time.

IP Ban - This is the worst of all types of bans. An IP ban is the same as a Perma-Ban, except an IP ban blocks users from accessing an account from the same IP and blocks them from creating another account from the same IP as the IP banned user. Basically, an IP banned user is banned from the whole Sploder site, and cannot get into it in any way. This would be issued in absolute serious cases like breaking multiple rules multiple times, abusing powers for even worse reasons, abusing alts for your own benefit, hacking etc.

IP Checking - This is used to check an IP of a user, and may be used to find an IP to ban it or to check for alts.

Deleting Messages - MSMs can delete messages with inappropriate or banned content, like spam, insults, racism, sexism, links to inappropriate websites etc.

Game Restoring - MSMs have the power to restore deleted games. This would be used when a user requests to restore a game they may have deleted for whatever reason. MSMs would decide whether it is suitable to be restored or not (a game with inappropriate or content would not be restored, but a game that doesn't break any rules would be restored)

Game Flagging - I would use this if I found a game with inappropriate content like insults, sexual references, nude etc. This would send a notification to Geoff. Geoff would then see the game, decide whether it should be deleted, then take action. Other consequences may be given as well as the deletion, like a warn, or if the user has already received a warning earlier, a ban may be issued.

Deleting Graphics - MSMs have the power to delete graphics with inappropriate content. I'd use this when I find graphics with nude, offensive language, or racism. Inappropriate graphics can easily be found when making PPGs. Since I am making several PPGs, and I go onto the PPG creator often, I would be able to easily find them.

Access Moderating Board - The Moderating Board displays all bans, deleted items, warnings etc.

Access Hack Log - This is a log where MSMs can see which IP has accessed which account. This is used to find hackers, accessing other accounts. I would check this regularly, to make sure no one has been hacked, and I'd use it when someone claims that they have been hacked, to see whether or not they are lieing. If the user was hacked, I'd take action by banning the hacker. Another way of finding out whether someone's been hacked is by there actions. If a generally nice person suddenly became mean, or if a person suddenly started making inappropriate games, it'd be suspicious, and then I'd check the Hack Log.

Reporting - Both users and MSMs have this power. Messages can be reported to MSMs. MSMs would then decide whether it is inappropriate, and should be deleted.

Define spamming and flaming:

Spamming:
This is the act of posting loads of messages consecutively. These messages can be either advertising, e.g "Play my games and vote them!!!!" or messages with random content, e.g "h42yurgh34ergerg". The advertising messages are to advertise, and the random content ones are to annoy people. People may also spam with smileys, again, to annoy people.

Flaming:
Flaming is the act of posting messages to rudely insult a member. This may include racism, sexism, bypassing etc, and this can be serious. This may happen for various reasons.

Final Notes:
Thank you for your time! I would love to become a MSM, and help keep Sploder clean of those rule-breakers. If I become a MSM, I assure you, I will be in top form, and never abuse my powers. I know the consequences, and it would be dumb to abuse my powers after trying hard to get the role. I understand MSMs have a lot of power, and you wouldn't just want to give it to anyone. But I think I am capable of handling these powers. Anyways, it's your decision. Thanks once again for your time and for reading this!

~ hardgamez77
P.S I wasn't sure whether I had to completely change my application, or just tweak it a bit, add paragraphs, add sentences etc. So if I have done this incorrectly, please do point it out. Thanks

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2013, 08:29 pm »
I always wanted to be a MSM, but I had this odd plan. The plan is once im level 250, and have mastered the MS and have several thousuand posts/ Forums experience, then I would try to be recruited.

So i have a long way to go before im ready, but you will be seeing me apply soon.  :)
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 23, 2013, 03:34 am »
I always wanted to be a MSM, but I had this odd plan. The plan is once im level 250, and have mastered the MS and have several thousuand posts/ Forums experience, then I would try to be recruited.

So i have a long way to go before im ready, but you will be seeing me apply soon.  :)
Read the front page, you need to make it longer and add 'What a moderator means to you' 'a mods powers' and 'define spamming and flaming'
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 23, 2013, 08:54 am »
Read the front page, you need to make it longer and add 'What a moderator means to you' 'a mods powers' and 'define spamming and flaming'
He wasn't actually applying.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Viking

• Launcher
  • PM me if you have a question. Jadenstrand75
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 23, 2013, 01:10 pm »
Redstorm was right i wasn't applying, simply stating a fact.  :)
Norsk stolthet betyr alt for meg.