Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 28560 times)

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« on: February 16, 2013, 10:37 pm »
Aiight so welcome to the thug life. This is where you can apply to be a Main Site Moderator.

I'm running this old school, as in, as old school as the first time I ran it. But of course, with some touch ups. So yeah, onto the process! Take a seat, grab a coke, and get ready to apply:

All you have to do to apply is fill out this form:

What being a MSM means to you:
Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:
Define spamming and flaming:

Good, you finished that! Now you just have to wait for the thanks to role in.

Every week, I will go through this thread and look for the 5 applications with the most thanks. Those 5 will then be brought to the Bunker where only 1 will pass.

DO NOT RECYCLE YOUR APPLICATIONS OR YOU WILL BE PLACED ON THE BLOCK LIST. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE REAPPLY FOR ONE MONTH! NOT COOL MAN.

Also you can only apply once a week!

Block list:
Mario531 let out 3/18/2013
Noctila let out 3/19/2013
Hater34 let out 3/24/2013
$ryanrider$ let out 6/5/13
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:44 pm by Deputy »
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:11 pm »
I don't like this as much as the other system.

But do the regular recruiters still stand for those who thank the posts now or can just any random thank? You should probably put a little more info spell but other then that it seems okay.
#WCGP

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:19 pm »
I don't like this as much as the other system.

But do the regular recruiters still stand for those who thank the posts now or can just any random thank? You should probably put a little more info spell but other then that it seems okay.
Recruiters don't exist. And this system is so much more simple! This is how we used to do it at least.
#WCGP

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20 pm »
And I already mentioned everything there is to mention in this thread. All other systems are moot.
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:48 pm »
Even with voting in the Bunker, we still can't tell how the members would use the powers, just because they know what they are doesn't necessarily mean they can use them well. imo

I don't think it's convenient, just because a member will know what the powers are and what they do (there's a thread somewhere from memory by Luigi with a list of all of this stuff for crying out loud lol) doesn't necessarily reflect how well they can use them and in which instances they are appropriate to use. It doesn't tell you really at all how they can handle and use the powers right, which is what we want in an MSM. That is why the test with given examples is much more convenient, it shows us how good a member can judge situations and use the powers accordingly rather then just stating what the powers include.

Once again you can delete this once you read it, I don't want it to seem like I'm being an ass btw, just stating my opinion on it.
#WCGP

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 11:52 pm »
Even with voting in the Bunker, we still can't tell how the members would use the powers, just because they know what they are doesn't necessarily mean they can use them well. imo

I don't think it's convenient, just because a member will know what the powers are and what they do (there's a thread somewhere from memory by Luigi with a list of all of this stuff for crying out loud lol) doesn't necessarily reflect how well they can use them and in which instances they are appropriate to use. It doesn't tell you really at all how they can handle and use the powers right, which is what we want in an MSM. That is why the test with given examples is much more convenient, it shows us how good a member can judge situations and use the powers accordingly rather then just stating what the powers include.

Once again you can delete this once you read it, I don't want it to seem like I'm being an ass btw, just stating my opinion on it.
It's okay, but this is how it used to be, and nothing has EVER gone wrong. Not only that, but people who want to be MSMs but are generally overlooked now have a chance.
#WCGP

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 11:55 pm »
Ermmm... Do I do all that stuff on this page?
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 11:56 pm »
Ermmm... Do I do all that stuff on this page?
There is only two things. But yes, you can thank any applications.
#WCGP

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:59 pm »
;D

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline mario531

• Launcher
  • calm down and count back from 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 11:59 pm »
MSM powers are being able to ban people, what I would do is ban people who are doing stuff against the rules and I have been mod (In my head) and I think I'm doing good. What I mean by that is look at people's messages and see if there being good for sploder or not. Another power MSM power is warning and what you do is by warning people if there doing somthing against the rules but they did it the first time then if they keep doing somthing against the rules then you were to banned them.

Some situations I would use warning is if like a person is bypassing a lot then a warning then if they don't stop you ban them for (Depends how bad they were cussing.) Banning, I would use it by banning people you are at least breaking 3 really meaningful rules then I would ban that person.

Also a MSM can Ip check people to see if they have an alt/s. I would use to see if I banned a person and they make another account and there doing bad stuff then I would Ip ban them so they can't be groos or whatever there doing against the rules. Ip banned is when you and ALL of you alt/s and you can't even make a new account. So I would Ip ban someone if I banned a person then to make so they don't have an alt/s and then I'll ban that and keep a close eye on the others then if he's still bad then I would Ip ban him.

The 3 main of sploder to me are, respectful, people being appropriate for the littler one's on sploder,this kinda goes with number 2 but absolutely no bypassing. When your a MSM you can flag games and messages to Geoff for deletion.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:25 am by mario531 »

My goals
Get 5 features 0/5
Get 100 thanks 100/100 Thanks sonic234
Get a review no
Get 1,000 post 100%/100%
Make a game on all creators done
Get an award on the forums no
Get 2 badges 0/2 (Mod and Editor)
Become General or Soldier

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 11:59 pm »
No, I mean do those 2 things on this topic? 'cause I reeeeeeeeeealy wanna become a msm.
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 12:01 am »
No, I mean do those 2 things on this topic? 'cause I reeeeeeeeeealy wanna become a msm.
Yes
What being a MSM means to you:
Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:
#WCGP

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 12:01 am »
I reeeeeeeeeealy wanna become a msm.
All of us do.

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 12:07 am »
Ok, What A MSM has, A MSM is a main site moderator, and moderators bann people for a period of time, IP ban, which is banning people forever, or just giving them warning. Msms do these if a sploder member has broken the terms of service. First, you give them warnings, if they continue to do that bad thing, you give them another warning, and they can't comment or can't do one certain thing. When that wears off and thay still continue to do that bad thing, you bann them, either for a period of time, or forever.

When I would use banns: When a sploder member has broken the terms of service, such as, Inappropirate games, flame wars, members tomenting one another, etc, etc.

What bans are there: Warnings are for when a sploder member has broken the terms of service once. Bans are for when a sploder member has broken the terms of service multiple times, and Ip bans are for when a sploder member has broken the terms of service multiple times after a period ban.

What are IP banns: Ip banns ban the sploder member it is sent to forever, and the sploder member cannot make another account with the same email adress.

Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:10 am by proxyrox »

Offline Dale18

• autistic!
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 12:13 am »
1. Being a moderator lets me help people in the Sploder community. I can do things to stop people from doing more harm or damage to the site.

Warning: A warning is when a person does something bad once but it isn't major. So they sent them a warning to see if things get any better.
    When I will use it: When I see a person doing minor damage, like a little spamming,cussing and flaming.

Banning: A ban is when a person does a very bad thing like plenty of cussing,flaming and spamming. So they ban them and that unables them from posting, so they can't do any more harm.

When I will use it: I will use it when a person is spamming,cussing or flaming a lot.

I.P ban: I.P ban is very bad, it's just like getting banned, except you ban people that have the same I.P, so people can't evade bans by making another alt.

When I will use it: I will use it when I see a person escape a ban with a alternate account on the MS.

Perma Ban: Perma ban is the worst of them all, you can't even do anything at all, pretty much the same like I.P except you can do anything in the accounts.

Check I.P address: Mods can check I.P addresses to make sure people are not avoiding a ban or doing bad things in all the accounts.

When I will use it: I will use it when I see something suspicious then I will I.P check them and see if they have a alt or they are avoiding a ban.

Offline Dale18

• autistic!
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 12:17 am »
my arms are sore a little after that fast typing.

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 12:18 am »
my arms are sore a little after that fast typing.
Same here. ;)

Offline nitrogendioxide

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Christian, Protestant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 12:36 am »
 A Main site Moderator to me? What it means? A MSM is a person who keeps the main site in check, and under all regulations given, enforcing the 'law' and trying to have the site the site it should be, weeding out people who just come to make things worse. The purifiers of the website; those who make everything the way it should be. This job is important, as there are many kids on this website, and without proper moderation, they would be terribly influenced and hurt (emotionally) by people who shouldn't be there. This can be proven; if you go up to a kid in 6th grade, for example, where I am, they'd be able to speak about things they should not have learned, and talk the way they should most certainly not talk. Nobody needs more bad influences, and the MSM's job is to enforce this and help the website be friendly as well; to have a good influence.

The MSM has the power to remove/censor comments anywhere on the main site. This can be used, and should be used, to moderate messages around the MS, to keep them clean of things inappropriate that could affect anyone, such as the things you know are inappropriate, and are probably thinking of when I said 'inappropriate', right..?
And on a sidenote, I have limited knowledge of the powers of the MSM, but I got some help from others / the other people who've posted in this thread. Sorry about that, but anyway,
the MSM also has the power to ban. This is a stricter punishment and regulation to the people on the MS who don't follow the rules and do something bad. This is a CRUCIAL job, as there are the people who do bad things to an extent where censoring all their comments is not enough, and a ban is required. However, this sometimes is a dangerous job, as banning a member who did nothing wrong is not great at all. This is the same with issuing warnings, which is self-explanatory, it's a warning to the person who did something wrong.

When I would use these powers? Anytime I see an inappropriate post, profile description, username, game, or anything else. I assume the MSM's will have to do like a patrol every now and then, going around the MS searching for inappropriate things, like a policeman lurking around the city searching for a murderer.

To sum up, the MSM is an important job, and even though if he/she doesn't have to do much work, the very presence of the badge he/she bears acts as a sign; "I am an moderator. Be careful bad guys, i'm on a lookout."  c:
The reason why some people play computer games or go on forums is this; the judgement is sound. In real life, people judge you by your looks and by everything unfairly, but virtually, it is all about your personality. It is so easy to fake your personality virtually, so it's easy to become popular.

Offline Arcanus

• +Purified by the Light of Gamma+
  • Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I am the supreme leader of S.C.O.U.R.G.E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:04 am »
What being a moderator means to me:

Being a moderator allows me to help our community, and help Sploder be a safer and more enjoyable environment; Being a moderator also gives me the opportunity to enforce the rules, and deal with those who break them. MSM is a serious job and responsibility, requiring you to deal with various reports; But my dedication to Sploder is strong, and I pledge to work as hard as I can, if I ever become a MSM. I look at people's messages allot, and I see many rule-breaking ones; I want to do something about it, I want to be someone who's a role-model to all members, someone who can make Sploder a better place.

Powers:

MSM's have various powers, such as being able to ban those who break the Terms of service, warn users if they commit a minor offense or if it's their first time breaking a rule, check reported posts to make sure they are ban/warning worthy. Moderators can also check a user's I.P address, (The unique group of numbers that identifies each internet-attached computer) so they can make sure a banned user does not evade a ban with an alternate account. Another unique power a MSM posseses is I.P banning, which prevents accounts of the same I.P address to be created, making sure the worst of banned users do not create alts and cause more trouble. Moderators can also remove/sensor comments from the Main site. They can also flag inappropriate graphics, and restore games, (To help people who deleted them by accident) but they can also delete games. (Ones that break the terms of service, at least)

Final notes:

MSM is a difficult task, that requires patience and emotional strength, I have seen many mature and skilled moderators flamed for banning people who deserved their bans. A moderator also needs to deal with various offenses, such as spam, bypassing, and inappropriate comments, making it a job of many varieties. Some people think MSM is a fancy title that grants you popularity, but that is completely incorrect; MSM is a massive responsibility, and wearing the badge is not only a great honor, but a commitment.

All my time on Sploder, I have wanted to help out; please, give me a chance to prove my worth, to make Sploder not only more enjoyable, but safer.

Thank you for reading, noble recruiter. 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:32 am by Minjaze »

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 01:07 am »
What being a moderator means to me:

Being a moderator allows me to help our community, and help Sploder be a safer and more enjoyable environment; Being a moderator also gives me the opportunity to enforce the rules, and deal with those who break them. MSM is a serious job and responsibility, requiring you to deal with various reports; But my dedication to Sploder is strong, and I pledge to work as hard as I can, if I ever become a MSM. I look at people's messages allot, and I see many rule-breaking ones; I want to do something about it, I want to be someone who's a role-model to all members, someone who can make Sploder a better place.

Powers:

MSM's have various powers, such as being able to ban those who break the Terms of service, warn users if they commit a minor offense or if it's their first time breaking a rule, check reported posts to make sure they are ban/warning worthy. Moderators can also check a user's I.P address, (The unique group of numbers that identifies each internet-attached computer) so they can make sure a banned user does not evade a ban with an alternate account. Another unique power a MSM posseses is I.P banning, which prevents accounts of the same I.P address to be created, making sure the worst of banned users do not create alts and cause more trouble. Moderators can also remove/sensor comments from the Main site.

Final notes:

MSM is a difficult task, that requires patience and emotional strength, I have seen many mature and skilled moderators flamed for banning people who deserved their bans. A moderator also needs to deal with various offenses, such as spam, bypassing, and inappropriate comments, making it a job of many varieties. Some people think MSM is a fancy title that grants you popularity, but that is completely incorrect; MSM is a massive responsibility, and wearing the badge is not only a great honor, but a commitment.

All my time on Sploder, I have wanted to help out; please, give me a chance to prove my worth, to make Sploder not only more enjoyable, but safer.

Thank you for reading, noble recruiter.
I thought you wanna destroy the world?

Offline Arcanus

• Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 01:08 am »
I thought you wanna destroy the world?
That's not really my real personality. xD

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 01:10 am »
That's not really my real personality. xD
D:

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 02:47 am »
What being a Main Site Moderator means to me:

Being a Main Site Moderator means a lot for me, saving Sploder and Community to be a better place. I see many inappropriate games, graphics and comments and none of the other Moderators see them or give them a warning. It is a great job for me and I will try my best to do it. I see every day the comments and newest games to check that there is no inappropriate things also I know almost everything about Sploder. I am mature, friendly and also good at using all the programs and Moderator things. The MSM is the best thing to face with them who break the rules and give them reports.

Powers:

MSM job may look like a hard work but it's not for me. Moderators has different powers such as IP check, check reported posts or games, give them a warning if it is the first time they made it. Each of them has a way to use it. Some of them are:

IP Check: This is a great way to find a member who is banned before and now is using an Alternative account also you can check if he/she is hacking.

Warnings: Every one may do something wrong on this site but there are many of them such as spamming comments and emotions, advertising a game or a website. Warning is a great way to warn them to not do that anymore and give them a reason why he/she is warned. This might be a helpful way to learn them how Sploder works.

Perma Ban: You can't do nothing if you are Perma Banned. You can Perma Ban someone if he keep repeating the same mistake.

Disable and Enable comments: Sometimes you can give him a warning and don't allow him to comments for a short or a long time.

Reported Graphics, Comments and Games: As we know Moderators can't delete the games but this is a way to make them see inappropriate games which includes Sex graphics or this kind of words. There are children playing this games so we are able to report them and maybe Geoff may see them. Inappropriate comments are reported so I can see it if I am a Moderator.

Banning: You can ban someone who break the rules listed above. After 2 warnings you have to ban him.

Note: I am almost 8 hours Online in a day so it will be a easy stuff for me. It will be a honor to make a Sploder a better and safe Website.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline cyrman

• Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 03:25 am »
What being a MSM means to you: A MSM to me is a sacred agent to Sploder. They keep Sploder a peaceful place for wonderful people to play and enjoy games, unleash their creativity with their games, and allow people to just chill out and chat. They repel the dangers of the internet and keep Sploder the premier website for making games.

Ban Hammer: Nickname for banning. Banning is where a member cannot use the account forever and/or for a period of time. Use when a member violates high end rules, such as racism, hacking, bullying and/or receive 2 warnings.
Flag games: Flags games for geoff to remove. Making games with scenes of nudity, racism, gory and bloody or rude games.
Removing members from ban list: Removes people from the ban list after they have served their period of being banned from the site. Remove anyone who has served their time.
IP check: Check IP's for impostors and/or members who  have banned accounts to make sure they stay in line.
Warning: Gives a warning to the user for violating rules. Use for members who constantly violate rules.

Well, thats it for now, lol. Wouldn't surprised if this doesn't make it, but whatever.

Offline Arcanus

• Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 03:28 am »
I'm starting to feel quite nervous. XP
Mainsite Moderator was my dream since I joined Sploder, this one thread decides my fate...

Offline Startrekzooka

• Coffee Philantrophist
  • Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Becoming A Sploderian Once Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 03:53 am »
What being an MSM means to me:

Well first off, being an MSM brings you a chance to ensure that our community is safe. They draw our attention to a friendly atmosphere where they look out for both young and old. Judging from a perspective, I know that being a Moderator means a lot of responsibility - 
You have to deal with a number of reports and issues on the Mainsite. When a user tends to disobey the rules, a Moderator has to ensure what the user deserves. On the side note, a Moderator has certain goals but they also have choices.  When a user comes to disobey the rules, all these questions come to mind. How should I ensure that the user gets what he deserves? What must I do? A Moderator is responsible for the actions they take into account when it comes to certain issues like this.

However, this doesn't stop me from becoming one; for I am mature and fairly active. I am also familiarly aware of the rules on the mainsite. On the other hand, I've observed a number of rule-breaking issues on the mainsite which is telling me that I should take action. Being a Moderator takes this into account and he ensures that the user gets what he deserves.

Powers:

MSMs seem to have a lot of hard work in their hands but the powers given to them encourages them to ensure that the Mainsite is atmospherically friendly. They use their powers to deal with any rule-breaking issues throughout. These powers include checking I.Ps and checking reported posts and graphics. Moderators also ensure that games and graphics come clean without any traces of rule-breaking involved.

From a perspective, the site is also suitable for all ages so it is really necessary to avoid games and graphics with any threats of misbehavior. A user is also given the ability to report games and graphics that seem to be rule-breaking. These reported games/graphics will takes it way to the moderators who will ensure that the user found guilty deserves his ban. Geoff can take this further into account by deleting these games and graphics like there was nothing evident.

Moderators are also given a unique power - they're armed with warnings and bans which wouldn't allow the rule-breaking user to get away with it.
They ensure that the rule-breaking user is given an appropriate time just enough to get their dirty socks off and start clean. If it happens again, a moderator has no other choice - they have to increase their time again and again until the user comes clean; or they can disable some comments like nothing ever happened.

In this case, we're dealing with bigger bans. For this to happen, they must have the responsibility to do so. What would happen if the user doesn't deserve the appropriate time given to him? What should I do to get his socks clean? Is there any way to stop him from getting off the tracks? All these questions, are faced by a MSM when dealing with rule-breaking culprits like these.
If it does happen though, a moderator wouldn't want to play nice.

Final Note:

I am aware that being a moderator is not as easy as it looks, rather being difficult and also requires a serious matter of responsibility. I, however on the other hand observed the work given to a number of moderators on the mainsite. In this case, they're dealing with rule-breaking offenses like spam, bypassing and inappropriate comments, games and graphics.

A responsible moderator will not intend to use his badge for popularity; However, His intentions are to use it for commitment and to prove that he has the responsibility to ensure that his goals and tasks as moderator are aimed.

I believe that I have the potential to become a MSM and I hope to ensure that the mainsite creates a friendly atmosphere throughout. I have been on this site for four years and I have seen the many choices taken when being one.
I know that I have the responsibility to do so as I hope that this badge gives me the chance to prove my purpose.

I will not only use it for a sense of achievement but to also show my purpose on the mainsite.

To end this, best of wishes into reading and I hope you understand my purpose. Thanks for all the time taken.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:54 am by Startrekzooka »

Offline amdri

• Heavy Cruiser
  • g wiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 04:07 am »
Alright. I am going to make this nice and short!!

Been an MSM to me means:
Stopping inappropriate games, usernames on sploder, also helping sploder develop into a friendly site where kids can enjoy there time on sploder without inappropriate content and inappropriate messages getting sent to them, a site where they can feel safe. A site that parents recommend and kids recommend.

MSM have the powers too,

Warn people

Ban people

I.P ban

perma ban

and check I.P addresses.

when would I use these things?

Warning: If a user just bypasses or has done a minor thing against the rules.

Ban people: Where you have given them a warning and they have kept on doing the thing you have told them not too.

I.P ban: When you have banned them and they can't make alts, to still go on the site  since they are banned.

Perma ban: When they have done something VERY extreme, a very bad thing and have not listened to all the bans etc.

I.P checking: When someone may make an alt and spam and flame everyone, or sometimes getting off warnings etc.

Thank you for your time!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:09 am by amdri »
when i hit the bong, i am going to willy wonkers elevator.

Offline casper11

• Caspurr
  • Bugmeister
  • My cat is badass
    • View Profile
    • DeCAPS
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 04:17 am »
I agree with Jack here.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure last time you had this recruitment system, Luigi hadn't made a thread containing everything a moderator can do, and when it should be used.

I agree with bringing back the application process, as it means less people will be overlooked, but I believe we should keep the test. It helped to make sure the potential MSMs knew what to do in scenarios. You may not have noticed, but none of these applications set exact boundaries for where they deem rule breaking starts. None have them have specified when posting a lot becomes spam, or where a little becomes a lot.
Boo

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2013, 05:31 am »
I'm starting to feel quite nervous. XP
Mainsite Moderator was my dream since I joined Sploder, this one thread decides my fate...
It's not only your dream, it's mine too.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 05:45 am »
1: What becoming a moderator means to me:

Being a moderator would be good for me, I believe, because I spent a lot of my time on the main site while still a newb looking for people being bullied, and trying to help them. The only downside to this is I'd have to wait for a mod to read my comments. While in the meantime this member is getting continually bullied. I feel that if I was a moderator I would be able to help that member straight away. And I understand exactly what I'd have to deal with: Members requesting bans on a daily basis, that I'd have to look up and decide who was in the wrong, for a warning or at last resort a ban. The amount of responsibility it comes with. Because the ability to read member's IP's I believe can be dangerous in the wrong person's hands.I truly believe I am ready for this huge responsibility, I only hope others know that.

2: What powers a moderator has, and how he should use them:

Well, that is really quite simple. The moderator has the ability to end arguments, bullying, swearing, and ect, by either giving a warning to one, or even both of the members. By banning a member, if things get too out of control, or he/she is truly deserving of the ban. And the IP ban, which completely denies access to logging on, or even making a new account, to the one IP  banned. This is probably one of the best tools for stopping bullying, but should only be used if absolutely neccessary. Moderators can also view the 'report' page, which is a list of all comments which have been reported. They can even flag an account to geoof for him to completely delete an account. All of this should be used with the utmost care, because it would be truly unfair for the wrong user who hasn't done anything wrong to be punished, which is why moderators need to be mature members, who can handle the responsibility. I would use these powers to the best of my ability to stop bullying, and hating of any sort on the mainsite.

I hope I've answered everything you asked for. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:34 am by redstorm97 »
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman