Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 28071 times)

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #960 on: June 16, 2013, 02:48 pm »

Offline Transcendent

• Disruptor
  • Religious Reviews/Religious2
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 16, 2013, 03:31 pm »
Trancendant you'll win. (Aka religious2)
Doubt it. Gerald's in there.

-17 gold
1 conqueror armor

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 16, 2013, 03:44 pm »
Gerald, whos that?

Offline Transcendent

• Disruptor
  • Religious Reviews/Religious2
    • View Profile

-17 gold
1 conqueror armor

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 16, 2013, 04:06 pm »
No one read mine.  :(
(only guests)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:07 pm by master106 »
Mastur Anthony Wunnuhsix

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15, 2015
M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #965 on: June 16, 2013, 05:36 pm »
Gerald, whos that?
You don't know me?
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 16, 2013, 08:11 pm »
Oh you, your cool!

Offline cuddlebuns99

• Cruiser
  • HELLO! PLEASE CHAT WITH ME; I DON'T BITE! ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 16, 2013, 10:40 pm »
THANKS!  :)) ;D

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 16, 2013, 10:46 pm »
THIS WILL BE A DOUBLE WEEK JEOPARDY YAY!
#WCGP

Offline blackhole2

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 17, 2013, 07:24 am »
Hellloooo my fellow readers I'm Mr. Black Hole, and here I'm going to show you in some paragraphs why I can handle the Moderator's power.
What being a Moderator means to me? A key to assistance, a key to encouragement... I'm always here to help, and always will be until I won't leave this site in peace and security.
The Main Site Moderators are able to do these things to protect Sploder:

- Deleting comments: The Moderator is going to remove the comment because it's including inappropriate sentences, in other words: bypassing. If this will happen, the [Message deleted by moderator] form will appear instead of the comment.

- Deleting graphics: You can simply look at the graphics, and tell it's good, or bad. I don't really want to explain how it can be bad, but once it happens, you can simply just delete it.

- Deleting awards: This is almost the same as the first two above, because awards can include bad things too...

- Reporting a user: People can report others once they see something inappropriate, and Moderators will supervise it. This may be the only one where the non-Moderators help the real Moderators to make this site better.

- Warning: This activity is something's sign. If you get a warn, then you did something bad, but you have a chance to stop it before you'll be banned.

- Verbally Warning: This is the worse kind of the warning. Moderators will tell you the truth about the situation in PM-s, so the only one who will know about this is you and the Moderator.

- Banning: This is one of the most known power in the Moderator's library. This may be your last round of your existence here. There are two varieties of the ban:
Perma Ban is going to lock the given person's account, so he can't log in there anymore.
IP Ban is going to lock all of the accounts of the person's IP, so he can't log in everywhere anymore. You better to not mess up with this, right I say?

- Ip Checking: This allows the Moderators to manage the alts on the site.

- Quarantine: Quarantine is for the certain people who are doubtful in a decision. Moderators can see their every steps, so they can see everything they do, they did.

- Game Restoring: There's a panel where people can ask for their deleted (but published!) games to get back, if they really want to countinue it, or may they just deleted it by accident.

- Game Flagging: This activity is for letting Geoff know about a game which must be deleted because of something really bad. Non-Moderators can help the Moderators to find these games, but only the Moderators can flag a game.

- Access to the Hack Log: This panel is for know everything about the hacking. Once somebody is being hacked, it includes here. This system is very important, and very useful in the same time.

Define spamming: People are spamming when they're continuously posting something inappropriate despite it's against the rules. These meaningless sentences are going to be deleted, or firstly they'll be warned. If they won't stop spamming, they're going to be banned.

Define flaming: People can't stop fighting against each other, and this will just get worse. They'll be warned first, but if they won't stop fighting, they'll be banned.

Better to avoid these things or don't be suprised...

Thanks for reading this, hope you like it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:26 am by Mr. Black Hole »

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #970 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52 am »
yay, I haz wun fank.

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #971 on: June 17, 2013, 05:09 pm »
Blackhole has applied, we're all screwed lol

Offline alexmd

• Diamond Miner
  • Electropede
  • What's going on? My name's Alex
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 18, 2013, 02:44 am »
My app is at like page 29 xD
Nexus inventory:
5 Bronze
Light bow
Stone

400th thanker: Rus3000
FWENDS :D
-Chlorede-
-Rus3000
-Red
-Cmdbxx
-Rubber Ducky
-Wiktor
-Odysseus
-SEB
-Jagger
-Lordeldar
-Alonessix
-Crazykittyzz

MEANIES :(
-The Renegade

Offline abe27633

• Turret
    • View Profile
    • The Universe
« Reply #973 on: June 18, 2013, 04:50 am »
Yeah mines at 31, they are hard to find  :))
I am on the search for all the flags you can collect online. Each and every visitor counts.

Offline krishnajiya

• Turret
  • krishna
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 18, 2013, 06:01 am »
a moderator can delete spam to keep sploder a clean place.they also check the comments that are approved for general audience.and they can delete inappropriate graphics,meaningless awards,warning for fighting and commenting spam,warning 3 times can also cause banning from sploder.moderators can delete games and comments too. ^-^ ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:10 am by krishnajiya »
^_^nothing

Offline daki7654

• Cruiser
  • Like to protect sploder,at all costs
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: June 18, 2013, 10:46 am »
being MSM means a big responsability,MSM can IP ban members,if they are really doing big trouble,example : hacking,too much spamming,swearing,arguing,and a lot more.If i were moderator,and one member is spamming on someone s page,i would to next : i would send him warning and ask him why he spammed.If he would continue,i would send him final warning,if he keeps spamming,IP ban,thats what i would do,but if he would say " sorry i spammed" i would keep warnings ,but not ban him,thats what i would do,anyway MSM can send infinite warnings,i know he can send much,but i dont know how much,because i never were a MSM,btw im protecking sploder even if im not MSM,on my own..somehow,i want to say i would be great moderator,one think more,MSM must respect everyone,thats what im doing,i respect everyone.
How much warnings will moderator give to members? its totally his choice
Professional with pro skillz

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 18, 2013, 02:15 pm »
What being a Moderator means to me

For me, being a Moderator means quite a lot to me. I like to be respected. I always respect other members of the community (not only just on the Forum, but on the Main Site too). In my opinion, I could be quite a good Moderator. I know how to use/do most of Moderators' powers. On Sploder (Main Site), this is a list of actions they can perform to help protect our glorious home:

• Deleting Rude/Inappropriate Graphics:
If a Moderator comes across a rude or inappropriate graphic, they can simply delete it from Sploder forever.

• Deleting Comments:
If a Moderator sees a rude or inappropriate post (which could have inappropriate pictures or words), they can delete it permanently from Sploder.

• Deleting Awards:
Even awards can be rude, but not just that - they could insult another user. If this happens, the Moderator can delete that award forever.

• Warning A User:
If a user has done something bad or wrong, they might deserve a punishment depending on how bad it was that they did wrong. So say, Mr. Black Hole (just using a user Lol) posted a rude word on somebody's profile. A Moderator would delete that comment (as said above) and would "warn" Mr. Black Hole for whatever he did wrong.

• Banning A User:
Moderators can not only delete things, but they can ban users as well. If a user has done something bad-ish that they should be banned for, they would get banned. Although, there is an alternative. If a user has been REALLY bad, they could be IP banned, which means they could no longer make any Sploder alts.

• Flagging/Restoring A Game:
If you were being clumsy, and accidently deleted your own game that you liked, you can tell a Moderator and ask them to try to restore your game that was lost. Moderators can flag a game if it is inappropriate or rude, then the flagged game would be flagged for Geoff to delete.

Define:

• Spamming - When a user posts non-stop inappropriate things (and I will not go into detail about those things). This is called "Spamming" and it is againsed the rules.
• Flaming - When a group (2+ members) start a big fight and the fight develops and gets really bad. When it gets "ugly", a Moderator will step in an warn the user(s). If they continue this action called "Flaming", they'll be banned.
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 18, 2013, 02:28 pm »
I want to be responsable for anything that goes on in the main site of sploder!I can ban users if they are doing damage to other users or spamming,flaming,cursing,swearing,bypassing the censor!!Lots of users are hurting feelings to the others i can send them warning messages,if they wont comply the warning,i have to ban them so they can't do anything horrible again,users that spam on other pages must explain the reason to me!If i agree with that,they wont get any punishment,unless..!!Bypassing the censor,if a user posts a bad word,it will be censored,so he could add or remove some letters,brackets,to other users the word could be more understandable and it can hurt them!I mean i dont want exactly to ban the user,i would send him infinite messagesI want to be a good,respectful MSM!! I dont want people to be scared of me  :)) Some of them are the ones i really hate,i dont want them to be scared of me,i wouldnt even to them do something "punishing" like!! I aslo dont think there are MSMs that know my native language,only mine are talking to their native language,i could help them,etc etc...

Give me a sign if you like it,thank the app!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:10 am by marcvider »

Offline LevelOrange011

• Disruptor
  • Don't do veggies, eat school, and stay in drugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 18, 2013, 04:01 pm »
Lol, I have a hard time believing people are gonna pick me, but whatevs, i'll give it a first try.

What Being A MSM Means To You:

Being an MSM is all about trust. As in, with great power comes great responsibility. The reason the voting is so tight is because not many can be trusted with such power. And, needless to say, being an MSM is a very high rank. You need to be active, do your job and do it right. Because when you have such power in your hands, the task must be done. I believe I should be an MSM because I think I am ready to take on the role fit for a powerful man, and if I must, powerful man I will be. Because I believe being an MSM is a great thing to be and a very awesome role. And I think not only do I want to be an MSM, but I think I can be an MSM.

Write A List Of What Powers A MSM Has, What Each Power Does, And In What Situations You Would Use Them In:

Banning -
Most likely the most well known power in the book, Banning is a very strong punishment. You need to ban responsibly, because banning means the removal of existence of a member. If you were a member that didn't deserve a ban, and you got one, that'd be the end of the roll for you.

Temporary Banning -
The first type of banning, Temporary Banning is when you ban someone for a limited amount of time.

Permanent Banning -
The second type of banning, Permanent Banning is when you ban someone forever, possibly from a very unruly defense or from having a checkered background/record.

IP Banning -
Another version of banning commonly used is the IP Ban. IP Banning involves using a code, or IP Address, to track one's location so they can never rejoin in the same territory. Of course, if they move, the IP Tracking doesn't apply for them, considering their IP Address is modified to their new location.

Warning -
Warning is when a user does something bad, but not crucially bad, possibly from a minor offense or a first-time event. Warning is your chance to suck it up before you are banned, because if you are warned, and you continue to misbehave, you're in for trouble.

Deleting Posts -
As many know, when you become a moderator, you have the ability to delete posts. Deleting posts is when, for say, a post has explicit content, such as profanity or another offense. This post will have a traditional watermark informing members of the post's unfortunate fate.

Removing Graphics -
Moderators can remove graphics based on whether it's content is PG, or in other words, child friendly, considering Sploder is a child-friendly site. Or, at least, Moderators attempt to make it that way.

Deleting Awards -
If awards appear to exploit any form of profanity, or just crude/rude behavior, they can be deleted forever off the face of Sploder. Awards are meant to award a user, not degrade one's self-esteem.

Flagging Games -
Moderators can "flag" games, showing Geoff which games display innapropriate content. Geoff can then delete this game, as well as possible punishment to the author of the game. Regular members can not flag games naturally, but can help moderators find innapropriate games by informing them of the incident.

Restoring Games
-
Oh no! You make a large puzzle plat that you're almost ready to publish, but you accidentally click delete. Even though a warning message shows up, some users still can't control their actions. They can cry themselves to bed every night and hope a magical pixie somehow returns their game. Or, they can go to the "Game Restoring" link at the bottom of the "My Games" tab. This informs moderators that a game has been lost. Moderators can help them rejoice with their long-lost game.

Reporting -
Regular, everyday members can report innapropriate users. They could have done any vile offense, such as flaming, posting innapropriate games, spamming, etc. But they inform the moderators of who on the mainsite is breaking the guidelines, so they can take action against them.

Quarantine -
Quarintine is a way of putting someone under careful supervision, usually if they're un-decided about commiting an offense.

Hack Log Access -
Hack Log Access, like IP Banning, uses your IP Adress. They can determine who in the same IP Territory has the same account. Often, it helps moderators know who is hacking who, by finding who their latest IP matches.

Define Flaming And Spamming:

Flaming -
Flaming is when 2+ people (Can expand to a group of 10-15) argue violently over a topic. Even though they may not be breaking any technical offenses, Flaming only leads to bad things, so it can be dealt for accordingly, and even as severely as a regular offense. A safer alternative is debating, whichis just conversing quietly over a topic and semi-arguing, but your best bet is to just get along.

Spamming -
Spamming is repeatingly posting similar or equivalent discussions, sometimes in a form to advertise, sometimes in a form to provoke. Either way, spamming is strictly prohibited, and will be punishable.

Please, remember to thank if you like it, thanks for reading!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0</a>

Offline daki7654

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2013, 04:29 pm »
Lol,and i forgot to say,MSM has abillity to remove(delete) graphics,example : if graphic must be censored..i dont want to say like what...

and he gots abillity to delete messages by other members,what means he can stop arguing or spamming by sending warning,and deleting messages ...

other guys i already said
-banning
-warnings

banning is normally used when member/members are/is arguing,mostly their argue means a lot of spamming  and swearing bad words..moderator can warn them,or ban them for a while

IP banning is a lot seriously than normal ban.IP ban must be used only when nessecary,with IP bannings must not play...its used when really big situations happening. Example: hacking,swearing etc.

Warning is used when member is spamming or telling bad words.Moderator can send them few warnings to the member

being MSM means a lot of responsability,and a lot of hard work..he must use his abillites :deleting graphics,deleting messages,banning,IP banning and warnings.He must use those abillities to keep sploder safe place and fun place.

I saw a lot of members getting hacked , i wanted to help them,i still want to help them, thats why i came here to be MOD

thanks for reading

Offline Error404

• Adam's Girlfriend
  • Mortar
  • Hey there, I am Error and I'm glad to help anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 19, 2013, 01:19 am »

D

D

D

D

D

Offline KB

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 19, 2013, 11:10 am »
I want to be responsable for anything that goes on in the main site of sploder!I can ban users if they are doing damage to other users or spamming,flaming,cursing,swearing,bypassing the censor!!Lots of users are hurting feelings to the others i can send them warning messages,if they wont comply the warning,i have to ban them so they can't do anything horrible again,users that spam on other pages must explain the reason to me!If i agree with that,they wont get any punishment,unless..!!Bypassing the censor,if a user posts a bad word,it will be censored,so he could add or remove some letters,brackets,to other users the word could be more understandable and it can hurt them!I mean i dont want exactly to ban the user,i would send him infinite messagesI want to be a good,respectful MSM!! I dont want people to be scared of me  :)) Some of them are the ones i really hate,i dont want them to be scared of me,i wouldnt even to them do something "punishing" like!! I aslo dont think there are MSMs that know my native language,only mine are talking to their native language,i could help them,etc etc...

Give me a sign if you like it,thank the app!

Don't ask users to thank your application, that is classed as cheating.
<-- CLICK

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 19, 2013, 12:55 pm »
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I GIVE UP ALREADY!!!
FINE I DONT WANT TO BE A MSM!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! I GIVE UP DO NOT REPLY ON THIS

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 19, 2013, 12:55 pm »
FINE I DONT WANT TO BE A MSM!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! I GIVE UP DO NOT REPLY ON THIS
Speechless...

Offline daki7654

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 19, 2013, 12:56 pm »

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 19, 2013, 01:07 pm »

Offline daki7654

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 19, 2013, 01:07 pm »
First of all,i wrote not said.Second of all looks like i said it but in my mind

Offline LevelOrange011

• Disruptor
  • Don't do veggies, eat school, and stay in drugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 19, 2013, 03:52 pm »

That's okay, I didn;t want you to be an MSM either.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0</a>

Offline KB

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 19, 2013, 04:17 pm »
That's okay, I didn;t want you to be an MSM either.

Lawl. Level, gratz! You are catching up with Mr Black Hole's thanks!!! You might become a moderator. Might.
<-- CLICK

Offline KB

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 19, 2013, 04:17 pm »
Hope you do ;)
<-- CLICK