Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 40960 times)

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2013, 09:52 am »
What does tbh mean?
To Be Honest.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline raulmenendez

• Cruiser
  • Women. :3
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2013, 09:56 am »
I got asked as well. xP I don't know who though lmao. I'm pretty sure it's the same fella who PMed KB.
Just be yourself.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2013, 10:55 am »
ME IZ CONFUSED :(
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #454 on: April 04, 2013, 11:33 am »
ME IZ CONFUSED :(
Who asked you for thanks?
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #455 on: April 04, 2013, 04:25 pm »
Please do not chat here, find another place to talk. Applications are getting on the other pages.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #456 on: April 04, 2013, 09:14 pm »
Whoo hoo im winning!

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #457 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15 pm »
Whoo hoo im winning!
how the hell are you winning, if voting hasn't even started yet, and you wouldn't be able to see the poll anyway? Lol
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #458 on: April 04, 2013, 09:29 pm »
Hmmm...what an MSM means to me. An MSM is a person who moderates to make sure a site is clean and appropriate for all ages. I've been on Sploder since February of 2011, and I may or may not be fit for this job, but I am going to test my luck.

The reason I think I might be a good moderator is I have been through a lot on here, even some brief cases of bullying/cyberbullying from a member or two, and I know how hard it is to ignore the hateful comments and private messages, and people will always say "there not going to do anything! It's just online!" Well, people online do not truly know what is happening in there lives offline and they could be going through a rough time, or they may be being cyberbullyed at another website, and that is the other website's fault for not having moderators on hand, but if we have more moderators on Sploder, stuff like bullying will be stopped.

A moderator bans/warns for...

• Bullying.
  • Threatening/harassing.
  • Swearing.
  • Spamming.
  • Insults.
  • Inappropriate games.
  • Teasing.
  • Posting of inappropriate website links.

Flaming, in my opinion, is when a member purposely picks a fight with another about a sensitive subject, causing them both to "flame," or fight, with each other.

Thank you for considering me for Mainsite Moderator.

-Kylepeanut12.
Buss down thotiana

Offline Error404

• Adam's Girlfriend
  • Mortar
  • Hey there, I am Error and I'm glad to help anytime
« Reply #459 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34 pm »
A Sploder moderator is a user who takes pride and pulls among many who make mistakes. A moderator should have a reasonable meaning of what is correct, and what is incorrect. If something must be delt with, a moderator is whom should do it.

I believe that I would make a good Moderator if I were to be accepted because I am trustworthy, responsible, hard-working, helpful and polite. I also possess gratatude that I believe will help on my journey as a Moderator. I love helping people, whether it be helping someone new, or stopping an arguement for the sake of users to stay safe, and enjoy their time on the site.

A moderator, at all times has prior knowledge to what is correct, and what is incorrect. A simple list will be formed for what I think a moderator should stop / take action towards.

Insults
Spamming
Hacking
Teasing
Flaming
Lying on a continuous basis
Swearing
Violence
Posting inappropriate messages or links
Inappropriate awards
Inappropriate games / graphics

So yeah, I hope you guys all like my application and vote for it. "Peace, out."

~Nismo

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:23 am by Nismo »

D

D

D

D

D

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
« Reply #460 on: April 05, 2013, 05:45 am »
Who asked you for thanks?

Can't remember :(
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline Him

• Disruptor
  • ✧ⓗⓐⓡⓓⓖⓐⓜⓔⓩ➐➐✧ Everyone be talking about Him.
« Reply #461 on: April 05, 2013, 06:35 am »
MSM Application:
What being a MSM means to you:
An MSM helps keep the main site clear of spammers, hackers, and other rule-breakers. I want to help with this by becoming an MSM. I believe I qualify for this role. I am mature, so I won't abuse my powers, and I will do my job properly. Maturity is important here, as MSMs get a lot of powers that can be very dangerous if used in the wrong way. I am also active. Being active is very important, as an active MSM can spot more rule-breakers easily, and efficiently. Whereas an inactive MSM can't find many rule-breakers.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:

Warning - A warning is a message to tell a rule-breaker that he/she has broken a rule and carrying on may turn into more severe consequences. This would be issued to users who have broken rules like bypassing, or spamming for the first time, without being warned earlier. But if they carry on, a more severe punishment would be given.

Banning - When a user continues to bypass, spam, or insult other users multiple times after being warned, a ban may be issued. This blocks the user from posting, making awards, and making games, but they can still log in, play games, and view posts. Basically, banning just blocks all forms of communicating with the public, thus preventing the banned user from insulting, spamming or bypassing.

Permanent Ban - Users who break rules like bypassing, spamming or insulting multiple times or take those things to the next level (by this I mean using bypassing a lot more, spamming large messages, insulting using racism, sexism, and get more offensive) can be issued a Perma-Ban. This is when the user cannot do anything with his/her account. They can't even log on. This may also be issued for any other harmful rule-breaking, like abusing powers to harm a different user.

Un-Banning - Pretty self-explanatory. This is used to un-ban banned users, thus allowing them to do what they could normally do. It may be used on people who were banned only for a certain time.

IP Ban - This is the worst of all types of bans. An IP ban is the same as a Perma-Ban, except an IP ban blocks users from accessing an account from the same IP and blocks them from creating another account from the same IP as the IP banned user. Basically, an IP ban blocks someone from getting onto the Sploder site. There is no way they can get on. This would be issued in absolute serious cases like breaking multiple rules multiple times, even after being warned, abusing powers to benefit one member and harm another, abusing alts for your own benefit, hacking etc.

IP Checking - This is used to check an IP of a user, and may be used to find an IP to ban it or to check for alts.

Deleting Messages - MSMs can delete messages with inappropriate or banned content, like spam, insults, racism, sexism, links to inappropriate websites etc. that may have been reported or spotted by the MSM itself.

Game Restoring - MSMs have the power to restore deleted games. This would be used when a user requests to restore a game they may have accidently deleted. MSMs would decide whether it is suitable to be restored or not (a game with inappropriate content would not be restored, but a game that doesn't break any rules would be restored)

Game Flagging - I would use this if I found a game with inappropriate content like insults, sexual references, nude etc. This would send a notification to Geoff. Geoff would then see the game, decide whether it should be deleted, then take action (i.e delete or ignore). Other consequences may be given as well as the deletion, like a warn, or if the user has already received a warning earlier, a ban may be issued.

Deleting Graphics - MSMs have the power to delete graphics with inappropriate content. I'd use this when I find graphics with nude, offensive language, or racism. Inappropriate graphics can easily be found when making PPGs that involve graphics.

Access Moderating Board - The Moderating Board displays all bans, deleted items, warnings etc.

Access Hack Log - This is a log where MSMs can see which IP has accessed which account. This is used to find hackers, accessing other accounts. I would check this regularly, to make sure no one has been hacked, and I'd use it when someone claims that they have been hacked, to see whether or not they are lieing. If the user was hacked, I'd take action by banning the hacker. Another way of finding out whether someone's been hacked is by there actions. If a generally nice person suddenly became mean, or if a person suddenly started making inappropriate games, it'd be suspicious, and then I'd check the Hack Log. If someone is hacking, I'd ban the hacker, as this is quite serious. If the hacker continues hacking using alts, an IP ban may be issued.

Reporting - Both users and MSMs have this power. Messages can be reported to MSMs. MSMs would then decide whether it is inappropriate, and should be deleted.

Define spamming and flaming:

Spamming:
This is the act of posting loads of messages consecutively. These messages can be either advertising, e.g "Play my games and vote them!!!!" or messages with random content, e.g "h42yurgh34ergerg". The advertising messages are to advertise, and the random content ones are to annoy people. People may also spam with smileys, again, to annoy people. Spamming clogs up areas, and is very annoying. A warning can be issued to first-time spammers.

Flaming:
Flaming is the act of posting messages to rudely insult a member. This may include racism, sexism, bypassing etc, and this can be serious. This may happen for various reasons. A warning will be issued to users who do this for the first time. More severe actions would be taken if the user continues to flame.

Final Notes:
Thank you for reading this. I would love to help and keep Sploder clear of the rule-breakers. If I do become a MSM, I promise to be in top form, and always keep a lookout for any rule-breakers. MSMs get a lot of powers, and I understand not everyone can be given it. But I wish I get the MSM job. Thank you.

~ hardgamez77
100th Thank: SploderEpicBros

Offline TheSilentBang

• Turret
  • I normally have fun and don't give a damn.
« Reply #462 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44 am »
I like to be a Moderator because I've been Mods before on other websites. I like to observe the site and notice what I need to do.

Overall, I hope I make a good moderator as I am old enough to participate.
If members break the rules, it's my turn to take them out. xP
Get off my lawn.

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #463 on: April 05, 2013, 08:01 am »
Why would you apply now voting is in 2 days.

Offline TheSilentBang

• Turret
« Reply #464 on: April 05, 2013, 08:05 am »
Why would you apply now voting is in 2 days.

Because I never stop believing.
Get off my lawn.

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #465 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09 am »
I understand

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #466 on: April 05, 2013, 08:12 am »
I like to be a Moderator because I've been Mods before on other websites. I like to observe the site and notice what I need to do.

Overall, I hope I make a good moderator as I am old enough to participate.
If members break the rules, it's my turn to take them out. xP
Please change your signature. This is a children's website.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #467 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21 am »
Please change your signature. This is a children's website.
Is it possible for you to believe I'm mature. Because I have abandoned any childish acts.  And yes that signature is disturbing.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #468 on: April 05, 2013, 08:22 am »
Is it possible for you to believe I'm mature. Because I have abandoned any childish acts.
I wasn't talking to you dude.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Sploderepicbros

• Heavy Cruiser
  • so basically i saw my personal text and i was and
    • KorzForums. Join NOW!
« Reply #469 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03 am »
An MSM is a person who helps the site clear of any disturbing, hurtful or annoying comments or games, to keep this site appropriate for everyone. I've been here since October 2011, so I've had my experience. After my little 7-month-break, I'm back now, and ready to go. Even though I might not be fit for this job, it's worth a go. The reason I think I'm fit for the job is because I have felt hurt on this site times before, and now that I've seen what other people do, I know how to deal with it. This means I know the hurt people can feel, how much it can upset people, I want to see that stop happening. I'm nice, but not afraid to use powers, so I would be good for the job. I know how bullying on this site can seem fine to some people but horrible to the victim, and how the victim could be going through horrible things in real life. But this site is about making games, and I've seen people tease people about how their games are bad. I know how it feels when someone says that something you've done is bad, and I don't want it happening to anyone else.

Moderators are here to warn or ban people for...

Teasing
Spamming
Links to inappropriate sites
Inappropriate things in general
Bullying
Swearing
Threatening
Hacking (this is for IP bans)
Lying lots or hurtfully (like, saying that you have cancer, or saying your dad died, etc)
Insults

Spamming is when a player continuously posts random posts on someone's page, for example:

Post #1: adawjfjhfrerekjnfn
Post #2: iaewfehfqjfije
Post #3: esufhuhefiuaehf (and so on)

Flaming is when someone insults someone about a subject that another user is sensitive about, like deaths, again. This could then result in a 'flame war', when that user attempts to fight back against the other user.

Thank you for reading. ~sploderepicbros
Huglist
Tommy
Dudeguy
Eim
HG
CG
Alexmd
Al3xHW
Amdri
Glowie
Furfurry
Probe
Alone
Dudki
Gerald
Maximus
Lastwho
Yugi
BG

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #470 on: April 05, 2013, 09:07 am »
All the apps start from round the bottom of page 13.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline TheSilentBang

• Turret
« Reply #471 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27 am »
An MSM is a person who helps the site clear of any disturbing, hurtful or annoying comments or games, to keep this site appropriate for everyone. I've been here since October 2011, so I've had my experience. After my little 7-month-break, I'm back now, and ready to go. Even though I might not be fit for this job, it's worth a go. The reason I think I'm fit for the job is because I have felt hurt on this site times before, and now that I've seen what other people do, I know how to deal with it. This means I know the hurt people can feel, how much it can upset people, I want to see that stop happening. I'm nice, but not afraid to use powers, so I would be good for the job. I know how bullying on this site can seem fine to some people but horrible to the victim, and how the victim could be going through horrible things in real life. But this site is about making games, and I've seen people tease people about how their games are bad. I know how it feels when someone says that something you've done is bad, and I don't want it happening to anyone else.

Moderators are here to warn or ban people for...

Teasing
Spamming
Links to inappropriate sites
Inappropriate things in general
Bullying
Swearing
Threatening
Hacking (this is for IP bans)
Lying lots or hurtfully (like, saying that you have cancer, or saying your dad died, etc)
Insults

Spamming is when a player continuously posts random posts on someone's page, for example:

Post #1: adawjfjhfrerekjnfn
Post #2: iaewfehfqjfije
Post #3: esufhuhefiuaehf (and so on)

Flaming is when someone insults someone about a subject that another user is sensitive about, like deaths, again. This could then result in a 'flame war', when that user attempts to fight back against the other user.

Thank you for reading. ~sploderepicbros

Whoa, that's pretty long dude.
Get off my lawn.

Offline Sploderepicbros

• Heavy Cruiser
  • so basically i saw my personal text and i was and
    • KorzForums. Join NOW!
« Reply #472 on: April 05, 2013, 09:44 am »
Whoa, that's pretty long dude.
You've not seen Him's.
Huglist
Tommy
Dudeguy
Eim
HG
CG
Alexmd
Al3xHW
Amdri
Glowie
Furfurry
Probe
Alone
Dudki
Gerald
Maximus
Lastwho
Yugi
BG

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #473 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23 am »
You've not seen Him's.
Or mine? (Page 13, bottom)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline TheSilentBang

• Turret
« Reply #474 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58 am »
Or mine? (Page 13, bottom)

Good sport, I'll thank yours.
Get off my lawn.

Offline Eim

• Guard
  • Senatus Populosque Romanus! SPQR!
« Reply #475 on: April 05, 2013, 01:09 pm »

My MS Page
Huglist
Seb
EpicO
Neptus
Becky
Dudeguy1
Pink Fedora
Cortez
Zim
100th thank= pravdomir4
101st thank= SEB (:) )

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #478 on: April 05, 2013, 05:26 pm »
By the way, there are some applications to be looked at on previous pages.
From bottom of page 13 onward.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #479 on: April 05, 2013, 06:01 pm »
i won't @amdri

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17