Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 40970 times)

Offline Proxy

• Mortar
  • Little white punk
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2013, 07:45 pm »
bee tee dubs, we are doing a double mod promo, on saturday 2 people are getting mod.
Me got N0 thanks, messa no get it. :(
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27 pm »
Me got N0 thanks, messa no get it. :(
Well, you didn't exactly do yourself any favours when you first joined. ( and some time afterwards) but I'm sure you'll get it one day.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Proxy

• Mortar
  • Little white punk
« Reply #422 on: April 02, 2013, 08:30 pm »
Well, you didn't exactly do yourself any favours when you first joined. ( and some time afterwards) but I'm sure you'll get it one day.
Eh, Im fine. And, I was a nub.
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #423 on: April 02, 2013, 08:32 pm »
Well you can have one from me.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Proxy

• Mortar
  • Little white punk
« Reply #424 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37 pm »
Well you can have one from me.
I don't like getting sympathy votes. But thanks anyways. ;3

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #425 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40 pm »
I don't like getting sympathy votes. But thanks anyways. ;3
shhhuuurreee. ;3
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Socialize

• Cruiser
  • MS: Socializ3 I'm friendly and nice! talk?
« Reply #426 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40 pm »
bee tee dubs, we are doing a double mod promo, on saturday 2 people are getting mod.

A lot of applications! Good luck choosing. Many have the opportunity!

~Visit my MSM~
~Add as friend~

award List:

thank list:

Offline KB

• Guard
  • I am a doggy. Woof. Woooof. Howl. Baaaaah. =D
« Reply #427 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15 am »
What being a MSM means to you: Everything. It means being sensible, mature and respecting rules as usual. People think they can do what they like as a MSM, but It's different for me. I always respect the rules put in my face. Its not the easiest job on Sploder, but I'm up for it. I have seen a few people round Sploder getting bullied. I do all I can to prevent this, but being a mod could make things a lot easier. I could look up the member who has done wrong, and if nessicary, a ban.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in: Moderators on the main site put a stop to the following: Spam, Cussing, Swearing, Bullying, etc. A MSM has the special ability to warn users to let them know that the mods are serious and are not fooling around. Also, after 2 - 3 warnings (maybe more or less depending on what went on), a user should usually get a ban. Moderators can IP ban, too. Which is what they did to Sceptile, and all his alts. The "warning" power, should be used when a member is abusing the rules of Sploder. Bans are used when a user has had around 2 - 3 warnings as said above, but an IP ban is different. It is rare that an IP ban is used, and they are used when the user has dont something really really bad or has abused the rules a lot of his/her time. A mod can also IP check, because, if a user seems suspicious of having an alt, moderators can check to see if that is true...

I hope this is good enough for you guys. I just hope now, as being a MSM was my dream since I first ever went on the MS.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:18 am by KoolBox »
<-- CLICK

- Find the thread in General. :3

Offline KB

• Guard
« Reply #428 on: April 03, 2013, 04:27 am »
Who can thank your application?
<-- CLICK

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #429 on: April 03, 2013, 04:28 am »
Who can thank your application?
Anyone.
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Mr. Numbers

• Launcher
  • Yoshimonsters.webs.com Owner
    • Yoshimonsters
Did you know carrots are good for your eyes? GIFSoup

Offline KB

• Guard
<-- CLICK

Offline KellyTheAwesomer

• Turret
« Reply #432 on: April 03, 2013, 07:01 am »
Will the applications from last week count too?

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #433 on: April 03, 2013, 07:10 am »
Will the applications from last week count too?
Yes.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline KellyTheAwesomer

• Turret

Offline Arcader

• Turret
« Reply #435 on: April 03, 2013, 09:31 am »
What being a MSM means to you: Everything. It means being sensible, mature and respecting rules as usual. People think they can do what they like as a MSM, but It's different for me. I always respect the rules put in my face. Its not the easiest job on Sploder, but I'm up for it. I have seen a few people round Sploder getting bullied. I do all I can to prevent this, but being a mod could make things a lot easier. I could look up the member who has done wrong, and if nessicary, a ban.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in: Moderators on the main site put a stop to the following: Spam, Cussing, Swearing, Bullying, etc. A MSM has the special ability to warn users to let them know that the mods are serious and are not fooling around. Also, after 2 - 3 warnings (maybe more or less depending on what went on), a user should usually get a ban. Moderators can IP ban, too. Which is what they did to Sceptile, and all his alts. The "warning" power, should be used when a member is abusing the rules of Sploder. Bans are used when a user has had around 2 - 3 warnings as said above, but an IP ban is different. It is rare that an IP ban is used, and they are used when the user has dont something really really bad or has abused the rules a lot of his/her time. A mod can also IP check, because, if a user seems suspicious of having an alt, moderators can check to see if that is true...

I hope this is good enough for you guys. I just hope now, as being a MSM was my dream since I first ever went on the MS.

Nice app.

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #436 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33 am »
Well I have been on this website 3 months ( not that long) and in that time I've enjoyed it more than anything. In that time I have seen flame wars, cyber bullying, and harsh language. The thing that bothers me is that.....that I can't do anything about it. If I were a MSM I would only use the power given to me to help. I mean how would you feel if you got hacked someone was bullying you and you needed a MSM, and the mod did NOTHING. An appropriate time a mod would give out a warning is if they bypassed the censor, started a flame war or was part of it, or made an inappropriate game. This would NOT be abused and I would make sure that it wasn't. Now banning someone is a whole different story, the appropriate time to ban someone is if you have given them multiple warnings and they will not stop! Say someone made an alt, but they were banned. Well I would ip check them....banned(again), that person does it one more time...ip banned:( i would never enjoy ip banning someone, but it has to be done. A big advantage of me being a MSM is that I'm on the MS almost 24/7. Fyi, Im 14, really mature and thoughtful of others.

Offline Pythagoras

• Mortar
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2013, 12:15 pm »
If I were to become an MSM, I would make sure every problem has been done and I would always me there to check if it is actually a good reason to be warned or banned.  I would not ban someone for no reason at all and if it is time for them to unbanned I will be active and be there to finish there punishment and I will make sure it is the right time to unban them.

~The MSM Powers~

MSM members keep sploder safe and makes sure it is age appropriate for any age. MSM members have a chance of a life time and they have to work for sploder every day to make sure it is safe. They ban inappropriate things and make sure it is never saw again and make sploder the best website ever.

Warning: Any inappropriate behaviour like spamming, bad graphics, bad games, bypassing, racism should be dealt with as soon as it is saw and if that person keeps doing it and breaking the rules he should be punished.

Banning: A member gets banned after breaking the rules  several times and if it is one time you should give them one more chance because they might not of read the rules, but if he/she does it again they should be banned.

Ip Check: On forums you can only have 1 account on main site you have to have permission to make another account or you must tell mods that it is you because they need to know, keeping it secret will just get you in to trouble.

Quarantining: If a user has misbehaved a lot on the site. A moderator can make this member quarantined. This makes that member under the watch of all moderators in case he/she breaks the rules again

Flagging a game: If a mod finds an inappropriate game they flag it and it goes straight to Geoff so I is deleted so there is no point in making inappropriate games.

Blocking Games/Graphics: This will happen if a moderator find's a game or graphic inappropriate. They can block it so that other members can not see it.

Access to the MSM panel: A moderator can check all of the previous bans and warning they and other moderators have made.

Spam: Any spamming should be dealt with do that person will never never spam again.

Flame: When someone post's rude or offensive messages/insults or racism to another member. May result in what's known as a "flame war"

I'm sure I would be a great addition for the Main Site Moderators. If I do pass. I will be sure to help with the best of my abilities.
Friend list

Dudki
Cg
Coolgirl5
Cian009
Ryanrider
Woodchuck
Enderchim
Milking
Matt
Jasmineofdeltora
Sto4
Koolbox
Religious2

Newest game

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2013, 12:29 pm »
Remember guys, the applications for this week start from about 3/4 down from page 13.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline KB

• Guard
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37 pm »
OMG. If I wanna win I'll need more thanks then!
<-- CLICK

Offline KB

• Guard
« Reply #440 on: April 03, 2013, 01:12 pm »
Gamekid... I wanna ask, how much longer until people get through?
<-- CLICK

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2013, 02:00 pm »
Gamekid... I wanna ask, how much longer until people get through?
Until Saturday.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline raulmenendez

• Cruiser
  • Women. :3
« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2013, 06:08 pm »
 What does a Mainsite Moderator means to me?
A MSM is a person who regularly supervises the Mainsite, and under all regulations given, they show their determination by enforcing the 'law' and trying to have the site the site it should be,  punishing those people who just come to make things worse and protecting those from the troubles of spamming and swearing.
 A Moderator is one who purifies the mainsite and makes sure it doesn't eliminate their purpose. They make sure the rules stay where they are and are followed regularly. They are those who make everything the way it should be, the way it is shouldn't be any different. This job is very important, as there are many members full of youth on this website, and without proper and careful moderation, they would be terribly influenced and hurt emotionally by people who shouldn't be there. As I'm aware, constant spamming and swearing would terribly destroy the minds of the youth. This can be proven in many ways; if you go up to a kid in his early age, you would often hear the language that shouldn't be spoken. Think of this, would your grandma approve of bad language?
 Nobody needs bad influences, and the MSM's job is to enforce this and contribute by doing the opposite to make sure the site is clean and spam-friendly.

The MSM can use his/her powers to remove/censor comments anywhere on the main site. This can be used to remove spam and bypass on the mainsite which contributes to the safety of the youth. Unfortunately, it still doesn't meet the satisfaction. There are still games and graphics on the mainsite which should be dealt with; because they are made viewable, the content could easily influence the minds of the youth which is a big problem on the mainsite. As a member of Sploder, I have come across many games or graphics that shouldn't be there. Instead, they should be disposed of and must be kept away from the younger members on Sploder to avoid such serious matter.

The Mainsite Moderator also has the power to ban which is essential regarding the members who are likely to cause trouble although it requires a lot of careful management and responsibility.
This is a stricter punishment and regulation to the people on the MS who don't follow the rules. The MSM are also given the power to warn if they do not follow the rules at first. This could be skipped if the member did something outrageous. However,  This is a very crucial  job, as there are the people who do bad things to an extent where censoring all their comments is not enough, and a ban should meet their demand. However, this sometimes can be a dangerous job, as banning a member who did nothing wrong is not great at all; Instead, this is considered abusive and should be avoided if you are an MSM.  This is the same with issuing warnings, which is also considered abusive, it's a warning to the person who did something wrong. It's like if you attempted to assassinate George Washington for no reason which would cost you some imprisonment.

When I would use these powers and how would I use them? Anytime I see an inappropriate post; for example, a bypass, inappropriate profile description, an inappropriate username, and inappropriate game and so on. In this case, that's the time when a ban/warn is appropriate. I would assume the MSMs are like watch guards, lurking under the street lights and going after the thieves, searching evidence and imprisoning the one found responsible but you'll never know when the members who cause mischief pull the trigger. You could be next. This is basically the reason why we need a MSM to look after Sploder, to make sure it comes clean. No-one enjoys a little splash of blood.

To sum up, the MSM is an important job, and even though if he/she doesn't have to do much work, the very presence of the badge proves that he/she is a MSM and it also proves how strong their determination and commitment can be. The MSM never intends to use their badge for popularity, that would eliminate the purpose of an MSM as they are most likely to abuse their powers. Such contempt would cost them their badge so it's best to use it in the right hands.

Overall, you should vouch me for Moderator. I am those who will intend to use their powers in the right hands, not to abuse it. Secondly, I show some maturity and responsibility in my posts and I am regularly active. I hope to use this job in the right hands and make sure Sploder isn't filled with troublesome menaces who intend to influence the minds of the youth.

You could consider that I am fairly new and I am quite oblivious to the Mainsite rank although I am still familiar with it; I know much information enough to encourage me to write my application. I have took bits from other applications, I'm particularly sorry about that.

Anyway, I hope I make a successful candidate and I hope I have convinced you enough.
Thank you for reading and taking your valuable time.
Apologies for such a long application.
No worries :3

Raulmenendez.
Just be yourself.

Offline KB

• Guard
« Reply #443 on: April 03, 2013, 06:12 pm »
Until Saturday.

Uh oh! I'd better get some thanks quick! Game, I'm just asking, but do you think I have a chance?
<-- CLICK

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2013, 06:23 am »
Uh oh! I'd better get some thanks quick! Game, I'm just asking, but do you think I have a chance?
I'm not sure tbh.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #445 on: April 04, 2013, 08:47 am »
Darkscreamex asked me for thanks:

Hey gamekid care to leave a thank on my msm app? http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,318242.msg3713146.html#msg3713146

Isn't that against the rules?
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #446 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00 am »
I didn't know!:'(

Offline darkscreamex

• Launcher
  • Kotarou
« Reply #447 on: April 04, 2013, 09:02 am »
I got asked once so i thought it was fine:(

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
« Reply #448 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11 am »
I got asked once so i thought it was fine:(
By who?
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline KB

• Guard
« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2013, 09:49 am »
<-- CLICK