Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 28525 times)

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #300 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15 am »
Up your mum.

Jk, wait for Spell I guess
That is not a joke man.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2013, 10:51 am »

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00 am »
Firetrolik passes
#WCGP

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12 am »
Firetrolik passes
Congrats Fire!

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2013, 11:19 am »
If I was to be an MSM, I would be extremely happy and would be surprized by the fact that I actually passed voting, as I could help members in need of it.  I would handle my MSM powers correctly, without a doubt. Being an MSM means a lot to me, as I for one can gain more respect from other members of the forum (preferably the more popular members of sploder), and could help those in need of help. I'd love to keep little children safe from harm on sploder, whether someone would be spamming or swearing; I will always make sure that everyone has a great time here on sploder, and I'll make sure they are protected from anything bad.

~An MSM's Power~

An MSM has a lot of important powers that are needed for the safety of the members of this site, through warning people to permanently banning people. A moderators job is basically to protect the main site of all that is bad, and to protect the many young souls wallowing in this site today. They want them to be happy and safe here, as we don't want to lose many people here because someone swore at another member or offended them in any way. Here are some of the MSM's powers:

Banning Users: A moderator will be able to ban members if they spam a lot, bypass, flame, make inappropriate games, offend someone else or their family (eg; through racial abuse), make innapropriate graphics and/or tags, etc. That user will still be able to make games and graphics and even make friends through their ban time, but they won't be allowed to post comments, just in case they begin to flame with the moderator - everyone deserves a chance. However, if they continue to make innapropriate games or graphics, their ban will be longer. The moderators can also permanently ban a user or just IP ban a user if they continue to damage the site.

Warning Users: If say a user only posts a moderate amount of spamming or make a slightly innapropriate graphic, a moderator will just warn them so that they don't do it again. Warning isn't as bad as banning, as they will be able to place comments. But, if the user does any more bad things on this website, they may be banned.

IP Checking: If a user that is perma banned makes another account (take sceptile for an example), a moderator can easily IP check them so they can alert other moderators to take a look at the member if they have let this user off. If they do something wrong, they will perma ban that account as well. Also, if a member has an alt and say the member with that alt doesn't want it, they can ask a moderator to IP check them to see if it actually is their alt and they will flag that member to geoff to perma ban that account.

Flagging A Game: If a moderator finds an inappropriate game and the member who made it refuses to delete it (or can't because of the high amount of views), a moderator will flag the game to geoff so he can delete it, as no moderators have the ability to remove a game. The user will probably be banned or permanently banned.

Quarantining A Member: If a user is being rather bad (or makes games and graphics and/or games like sceptiles) a moderator will make the member quarantined. This will put the user under watch of all moderators, just in case they continue to do bad things that could damage the site.

Blocking Games/Graphics: This is where a moderator will remove an innapropriate game or graphic from the main site, but won't be deleted.

Access to MSM Panel: A moderator can check the latest bans and warnings on this site, so a moderator knows if the same person does something wrong again who was originally banned/warned my a different moderator.

~Defining Spamming And Flaming~

Spamming is a repeated post, that has been posted say about 20 times. There are many types of spamming, such as emoticon spamming, trying to get people to play your games by posting 'play my games', and evn spamming dating requests. Some aren't as serious as others, however most of them can get you banned.
Flaming is basically insulting a member with arrogant behaviour. It's pretty much arguing with a member excessively using insults and possibly colourful vocabulary that really isn't appropriate for this site. Some are for silly reasons, and it can be worth a ban or warning.

This has been EpicO's MSM application. If I do become a moderator, I will most certainly do my best. Thank you for your time.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2013, 11:28 am »
And you told me on milky's forums that I've probably got it (if that was you anyway). Anyway, congrats, fire!
This is the only forum I go on.
#WCGP

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2013, 11:33 am »
 :o

Congrats fire!!
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2013, 11:34 am »
What being an MSM means to me.

If I was a MSM I would be amazed that I even got one thank.  I would be able to ban/warn hackers, spammers, flamers,  and people who violate the Terms of Service.  With that done, Sploder will be a friendly place to all people who want to have fun while making epic games.

The Powers of a MSM.

MSM's have many powers.  It's like they are secret agents for MI6 or something.  They have all different types of gadgets to make Sploder a nice place for people to hang around and make games.  This is the list of powers.

-Warn: A MSM can warn a member if they do something minor.  I would use this if someone stared a very small flame war.

-Temporary Ban:  This is used if someone ignores a warn and keeps doing something bad.  I would use this if someone spams, flames, or hacks.

-Perma Ban:  A perma ban is a permanent ban on one account.  I would use this if somebody STILL keeps violating the TOS.

-IP Ban:  An IP ban is a ban that bans all members with the same IP of someone.  I would use this if someone was making alts for a ban evasion.

-IP Check: An IP check is checking a member's IP and seeing if they have any alts/other accounts for a ban evasion.

-Game Flag:  This is a power where MSM's can flag an inappropriate game for Geoff to delete.  I would use this if someone made a game that violates the TOS.

Flaming and Spamming.

Flaming is where somebody insults the other person and is against the rules.  Spamming is somebody who posts the same thing over, and over, and over again.

Thank you for reading.  If I just happen to become a MSM (which probably won't happen, but it's worth a show) may you put the Moderator badge on Beefburito?  Thank you in advance.

Offline Waffle

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2013, 11:58 am »
What being a moderator means to me:

Being a moderator doesn't mean to me that I can just sit back, relax, and ban all of the noobs that get on my nerves. Yes, it would be very tempting, but that isn't what a moderator's job is. Being a moderator means helping the people who are getting tormented, teased, and bullied. I hate watching all of the mean messages being wrote and not being able to do anything about it, so that's when being a moderator would come in handy, as giving a punishment to the user would hopefully teach them a lesson. Sploder is a website targeted towards young children and such content such as threats and curse words would not be good for the children to see. Without moderators, Sploder would be a chaotic place, not a fun for everyone website like Geoff wants it to be. Being a moderator isn't a game, it is serious business.

Powers, what they do, and the appropriate situations to use them in:

Warning: A warning is basically a message that the moderator posts on a users page telling them if they are breaking a simple rule, as in using a minor curse word, spamming, advertising, etc. However, other users can not see this. Some users are new to the site and don't exactly know the rules, so a warning would be much more fair, but if the same stuff keeps happening, that could result in a ban. If a user has been warned, they can not comment without entering a code.

Verbal warning: Another type of warning where a moderator just posts a message on a users page, but all users can see it. This is used if a user is breaking a small rule, like slight spamming.

Ban: If a user continues to do the same stuff that got them warned, that could result in a ban. A ban is when you lose your privilege of writing comments. Also, creating inappropriate graphics or games, rude/insulting messages, bullying, could also result in a ban. Hopefully, that would teach the member to get their act together and obey the rules, so no more trouble would be caused.

IP Banning/checking: Moderators have the ability to IP check a user. An IP is a numerical label given to each device that uses Internet Protocol for communication, such as a computer. Therefore, if two users have the same IP, the moderators know that the users are the same people or use the same computer. If a user is banned already, and the moderators are suspicious of another user, the moderators are able to check that user's IP to see if they are the same user, then banning that member again, but this time, not letting them create any more accounts with the same IP, or accessing their account. That is called IP banning. Also, if a user claimed that they were hacked, moderators can check if the account was being accessed from a different IP.

Flagging: Moderators have the power to flag a game or comment. If it breaks the rules, like inappropriate content and insults. However, flagging the source doesn't mean deleting it, it means flagging it for Geoff so he can delete it.

Restoring a game: If a user has deleted a game on accident, moderators have the great ability to bring the game back, if it does not contain inappropriate content.

Quaranting: If a member is making graphics or games that break the rules, writing rude comments, etc., moderators can make it so that all moderators can "keep an eye"  on that user.

Mod panel/Hack log: The Moderator panel is a place that sploder moderators have access to, where they can see reported games/comments, the latest bans and warns. There is another part in the Mod panel called the hack log, where moderators can see where each user logged into their account from. 

Perma ban: A perma ban, short for permanent ban, is given if a user has broken the rules many times even after they were warned, and banned. The account can not be accessed ever again.

Defining flaming and spamming:

Spamming: Spamming is the act of posting something obnoxious repeatedly to get attention or disturb others.

Flaming: The act of sending nasty messages, that are rude and offensive, which leads to the trading of insults between users. Soon, if enough people start flaming, it could turn into a flame war.

Final notes:

If you've read through this whole application, I want to thank you. If I were a moderator, I would use my powers to help sploder, so it can be a friendly site that users can enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:39 pm by Iball4 »

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2013, 12:02 pm »
I passed voting? Never thought I'd make it! Thanks guys! :)

Offline Sonic234

• Disruptor
  • Are you sure it's just not in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2013, 12:27 pm »
If I were to become an MSM, i would most definitely take the job seriously and make sure that my responsibilities on here come first. Sploder is a "kids website" and I wish to help keep it kid friendly so that all young users can enjoy it in a safe environment. I would hate to have someone exposed to things like swearing or other inappropriate things on a site such as this one, so I were given this responsibility, I would contribute the most I possibly can to help make this place better.

-The MSM Powers

A MSM has a lot of power's that are needed for the safety of the website itself. They add to the responsibility and can range from warning a member to banning them. They are given these power's so Sploder can be assured safety for the thousands of people roaming the site this instant. These are some of an MSM's powers.

Warning: If a user post's a moderately bad comment, spam, or makes a piece of inappropriate content for example, a graphic, the user may get warned by the MSM. They will still be able to post, but if they get a certain number of warnings, they will get banned

Banning: In the situation that a member bypasses, flames, makes inappropriate games or graphics, or spams a lot, they may get banned by the MSM. This power can range from a "Temporary Ban" to an "IP ban". They are prevented from making post's during the ban, but they are still allowed to make games,graphics and friends. The ban will remain longer if they make inappropriate games/graphics. This can also lead to a permanent ban. If they are perma banned, they are prevented from logging in until the MSM say's otherwise. If they escape a ban by making an alt, they can be IP banned. In this case, the alt will be banned and they cannot make another alt.

Ip Check: This power enables the MSM to check the IP of a user. They can check the number of user's with the same IP and even see if a user has made an alt.

Quarantining: If a user has misbehaved a lot on the site. A moderator can make this member quarantined. This makes that member under the watch of all moderators in case he/she misbehaves again.

Flagging a game: If a moderator finds a game to be inappropriate and isn't deleted by the creator, they will flag the game so that geoff can delete it.

Blocking Games/Graphics: This will happen if a moderator find's a game or graphic inappropriate. They can block it so that other members can not view it.

Access to the MSM panel: A moderator can check all of the previous bans and warning they and other moderators have made.

Spam: The act of a post constantly posted by the same member. Will usually result in a warning or a ban

Flame: When someone post's rude or offensive messages/insults to another member. May result in what's known as a "flame war"

I'm sure I would be a great addition for the Main Site Moderators. If I do pass. I will be sure to help with the best of my abilities.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:29 pm by sonic »

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 10, 2013, 12:58 pm »
What being a MSM means to me.

A MSM, to me, is the most important job on sploder as the lucky, yet hard working people, who have this power, keep the sploder MS members under control and also content. But mainly members.
I understand that being a moderator can be fun but pretty tough too. Like a real life job, you have to be mature enough and worthy to have it.
A moderator has a lot of powers that should NEVER, no matter how many reasons you have.
As a moderator can be a role model to many members on sploder, a moderator must be mature and calm for MS members to follow in their footsteps.
If I was a MSM moderator, I would make sure most members know what to do in situations like getting bullied on sploder. I know a lot about cyber-bullying through school and personal research.
A good MSM is active. The reason being is that there are thousands of members on sploder MS that need help or questions. There are only around one hundred moderators. So, the more active a MSM is, the faster things get sorted out like, ban appeal replies, un-bans and reports and more members will be satisfied.
A good MSM can sometimes be friendly too. Not too friendly, just showing a bit of thought on who you’re talking to can always calm a situation. If you are friendly, more members will like you and be interested in what you do. That way, not only are you making someone happy, you get another MS member who respects you.
Moderators have to loyal and reliable. Geoff and every other member on sploder counts on you to do a good job. Most members respect a MSM; you should at least be loyal to all of them. Lots of sploder members wait for MSM to help them; you should let them know that you will help.
Moderators must be serious in all situations. Whether they are warning a member, talking to a member who is upset by something or something else. The reason being for this is: a member could get the impression that you are doing your job wrong or that they think they may be able to keep you acting immaturely and try to get you to act like them. I don’t know. Anything could happen.
A MSM should have control over members. Not just to ban them. To calm them and make them act maturely towards sploder. The more you tend to ignore them, the more agitated and annoyed they get.

What powers a MSM has.

Banning ~ This is a power where a MSM has the ability to stop a member on the MS from doing certain things. Moderator’s use this power when a member has broken the rules. In this situation, it is probably best to explain what the member has done wrong and how long they are banned for. Showing attention helps calm members down.

Un-Banning ~ This is the power where a moderator can un-ban a member early if they have a good reason posted in the ban appeal. This is a pretty easy task, just explain to the member that they are un-banned and why (If required).
 Warning ~ This is the power where a moderator can send a bold message that appears on a certain member’s page under their avatar when they log in. If a member has broken the rules, but not enough to deserve a ban, this will be sent to the member.

Quarantining a member ~ This is the power where a moderator keeps track on what a certain member is doing. This is used when a moderator thinks the member is up to something suspicious.
 Verbal warning ~ This is the power where a moderator sends a normal message onto a members page if they have done something to annoy the moderator or another member. Everyone can see this kind of warning.

I.P Ban ~ This is the power, in serious cases, where a moderator can ban the members I.P so they cannot log on or make another account with that computer. This is used when a member has tried to make an alt when their main account has been banned.

I.P Check ~ This is the power where a moderator can check to see if a member has an alt. This is used to check if a member, who is possibly banned has made an alt to still try and access sploder or break the rules. This is a very useful power.
 Deleting Graphics ~ This is the power where moderators can delete graphics that may be breaking the rules of sploder or offending another member on sploder.

Deleting posts ~ This is the power where a moderator can delete a comment that has maybe broken the rules or upset a member. This usually leads to a warning or ban.

Flagging a game ~ This is the power where a moderator can click a button that sends the game to Geoff, he shall then decide if it needs to be deleted. A game is usually flagged when it breaks the rules or upsets another member.

Restoring games ~ This is the power where a moderator can retrieve a game that maybe a member has accidently deleted or deleted it and then regretted it.
Reporting: games/graphics/posts/members/reviews ~ This is a power that anyone can access. This is only really used when a moderator is unsure that it should be deleted or banned. Only Geoff can delete reviews, no moderators can flag it.

Access to 'Ban Appeal' ~ This is the power where a moderator can speak to a member who thinks they should be un-banned if they are banned. A moderator must ask why the member thinks they should be un-banned. After the moderator has got the reasons, they will then decide if the member should be un-banned early or not.

Access to moderator board ~ This is the power where a moderator can find the latest moderator activity. Such as: recently banned members, deleted graphics and posts and more.

Spamming And Flaming.

Spamming - multiple posts on people pages/games/reviews/etc. It can get annoying to many people. If it's someone's profile page, then it just shows multiple posts from the same person. That the member, who's profile has been spammed up, would like to see more important messages than one's that mean nothing to them. Spamming could upset people in certain situations. It makes fuss for the moderators because if the person has spammed lots of people, moderators get lots of messages themselves about spam. It then takes a while to find all the people's page the spammer has posted on and a while to delete the posts.

Flaming - Where two or more people argue over something. It could be anything. Example: religion. That is a common one. Flaming takes a lot of the moderators time because they have to get evidence and information on how it started, what really happened and more from everyone who is involved.

Both these things are pointless and waste time for lots of people.

Final note.

I know that a moderators job is hard, but I'm up for the challenge. I've spoken to moderators about information about MSM's so I know what being a MSM is like. If I become a moderator, I will make sure sploder keeps maintained and everyone has a nice time here. I will make sure that members who deserve it are brought to justice. Also, I am extremely active on sploder MS so I will be a good active moderator.

I promise, if you thank this post and I become a MSM I will make sploder a really nice place.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:05 pm by Gamekid »
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2013, 12:58 pm »
Wow, that took me a while.  :)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Sonic234

• Disruptor
  • Are you sure it's just not in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16 pm »
Wow, that took me a while.  :)

Good luck dude. :)

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2013, 01:39 pm »
Good luck dude. :)
Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who thanked it.  :)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline rocketeer

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41 pm »
MSM Application

What Being a MSM Means to Me
In stepping forward to becoming a MSM, I swear to oath that I will adhere by all responsibilities that shall be put forward before me. To become a MSM would be a tremendous honor for me, a position which I will respect to the utmost standard. If I were to be promoted to MSM, I solemnly swear by oath that I will serve, protect and greatly contribute to the Sploder community and its people with utmost priority and will step up to the plate of responsibilities. I will help any fellow members in need when in times of hardship and will protect the Sploder rule. For these reasons, I believe that the responsibilities of the MSM should be past to me.

The Powers of the MSM

A MSM has many abilities which he shall wield with great responsibilities. Below are the list of which MSMs can do:

Warn: A MSM can warn any member who breaks the terms of service or has become a severe disruption to the sploder community. Members whom are warned have committed actions that are suitable for warning but are not major enough to result in a ban. Repeated behaviors however will lead to a ban which leads us into the next ability…

Ban: A MSM can ban any member who breaks the terms of service in a major way or is a repeated offender to the terms of service and Sploder peace. When a member is banned, they are unable to post. Note that there are three different types of ban: temporary ban, permanent ban and I.P ban. Most of the bans that are used on today’s members are temporary bans in which members will be unbanned after a certain amount of time, a responsibility which a moderator must take as well. A permanent ban is reserved for the most extreme members who have clearly broken the rules in an obscene way or has been banned many times already so in order to prevent the member from ruining Sploder peace any longer, they are given a permanent ban. I.P bans also exist and they work under the same clause as the other types of ban; the only difference being that they block the user’s I.P to prevent them from making alts or a.k.a Ban Evasion.

I.P Checking: The final ability that a MSM has is to I.P check members in order to make sure members are not evading their bans via creating multiple accounts. If a member is indeed evading their bans by using multiple accounts then a MSM has no choice but to I.P ban the member which bans any new account which uses the same I.P address.

Game Restoration: If a member accidentally deletes a game, then no problem. A moderator has the ability to restore the game.

Lastly, as per the requirement of the application, I will set forward the definitions of Spamming and Flaming:

Spam: To spam is to post several consecutive messages that say the exact same thing every time and that are both pointless and annoying. Pretty much no one likes it when you spam.

Flaming: Flaming is a altercation between internet users in which either one or all participants post hostile, bashing and insulting messages against each other, often laced in profanity. There is also a secondary type of flaming known as flamers, users who try to incite flaming amongst the members. Neither type of flaming is good and both at the end of the day will just usually result in punishment by whichever website it occurs on. In other words, it’s completely dumb and useless.

Final Words: A MSM has many abilities which s/he shall also wield with great responsibilities and shall be responsible for his or her actions. A MSM’s job is to make sure all members adhere by the terms of service and to punish those who don’t follow them. MSMs are highly crucial to peace in many websites as of what I’ve seen, sites that don’t have mods usually are highly chaotic as no one enforces the rules. By becoming a MSM, I swear to oath that I will protect and serve by Sploder rules and will use my abilities to help all members in times of hardship. Because of this, I believe that I should become a MSM.

Thank you for reading and understanding this post. Wish y'all a good day.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:43 pm by rocketeer »
Survival of the Fittest

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2013, 02:45 pm »
MSM Application

What Being a MSM Means to Me
In stepping forward to becoming a MSM, I swear to oath that I will adhere by all responsibilities that shall be put forward before me. To become a MSM would be a tremendous honor for me, a position which I will respect to the utmost standard. If I were to be promoted to MSM, I solemnly swear by oath that I will serve, protect and greatly contribute to the Sploder community and its people with utmost priority and will step up to the plate of responsibilities. I will help any fellow members in need when in times of hardship and will protect the Sploder rule. For these reasons, I believe that the responsibilities of the MSM should be past to me.

The Powers of the MSM

A MSM has many abilities which he shall wield with great responsibilities. Below are the list of which MSMs can do:

Warn: A MSM can warn any member who breaks the terms of service or has become a severe disruption to the sploder community. Members whom are warned have committed actions that are suitable for warning but are not major enough to result in a ban. Repeated behaviors however will lead to a ban which leads us into the next ability…

Ban: A MSM can ban any member who breaks the terms of service in a major way or is a repeated offender to the terms of service and Sploder peace. When a member is banned, they are unable to post. Note that there are three different types of ban: temporary ban, permanent ban and I.P ban. Most of the bans that are used on today’s members are temporary bans in which members will be unbanned after a certain amount of time, a responsibility which a moderator must take as well. A permanent ban is reserved for the most extreme members who have clearly broken the rules in an obscene way or has been banned many times already so in order to prevent the member from ruining Sploder peace any longer, they are given a permanent ban. I.P bans also exist and they work under the same clause as the other types of ban; the only difference being that they block the user’s I.P to prevent them from making alts or a.k.a Ban Evasion.

I.P Checking: The final ability that a MSM has is to I.P check members in order to make sure members are not evading their bans via creating multiple accounts. If a member is indeed evading their bans by using multiple accounts then a MSM has no choice but to I.P ban the member which bans any new account which uses the same I.P address.

Game Restoration: If a member accidentally deletes a game, then no problem. A moderator has the ability to restore the game.

Lastly, as per the requirement of the application, I will set forward the definitions of Spamming and Flaming:

Spam: To spam is to post several consecutive messages that say the exact same thing every time and that are both pointless and annoying. Pretty much no one likes it when you spam.

Flaming: Flaming is a altercation between internet users in which either one or all participants post hostile, bashing and insulting messages against each other, often laced in profanity. There is also a secondary type of flaming known as flamers, users who try to incite flaming amongst the members. Neither type of flaming is good and both at the end of the day will just usually result in punishment by whichever website it occurs on. In other words, it’s completely dumb and useless.

Final Words: A MSM has many abilities which s/he shall also wield with great responsibilities and shall be responsible for his or her actions. A MSM’s job is to make sure all members adhere by the terms of service and to punish those who don’t follow them. MSMs are highly crucial to peace in many websites as of what I’ve seen, sites that don’t have mods usually are highly chaotic as no one enforces the rules. By becoming a MSM, I swear to oath that I will protect and serve by Sploder rules and will use my abilities to help all members in times of hardship. Because of this, I believe that I should become a MSM.

Thank you for reading and understanding this post. Wish y'all a good day.

*removes application*

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 10, 2013, 03:49 pm »
Question: If on saturday there are only 4 or less people with votes, will the applications with no votes go through to voting in the barracks?

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2013, 03:51 pm »
Whoops, forgot to add 'Define spamming and flaming'.

Added.
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48 pm »
What being a MSM means to you:

Main site Moderator means many things to me. It means trust, respect, and helpfulness. If I was to pass for Main site Moderator I would do my best to help people who wanted help, and not sit back and watch people be bullied. Sploder is a fun place that needs to be protected, and I would love to be able to help protect Sploder in any way that I could. There is no point in just sitting back and relaxing when I could be able to help. Man site Moderator has always been my dream for Sploder and earning that job would make a dream come true. Users safety comes first on Sploder, and of course, them having fun and being happy.

Write a list of what powers a MSM has, what each power does, and in what situations you would use them in:

There are lot’s of powers that a Moderator has, they all need to be used correctly and not to be abused and used with respect and when necessary. I would use all powers correctly and I would not abuse them to my own will and enjoyment, but I would user them to make sure other Sploder users are safe.

Warning:
A simple warn to warn the users about there actions and if they repeat they will be banned. I will use warning on a first offence or minor issue.

Banning:
A ban stops the user from sending comments to other users. This normally will follow after a warn. I will ban a user after a warn or if necessary a big issue.

I.P Ban:
A IP ban is when the user can not create any more accounts on their IP address. I would use a IP ban in serious cases/when necessary.

I.P Check:
IP checking is when a users IP address is checked. This would normally occur if a user has reported a hacking or suspect of multiple alts. I would use this in cases of hacking or multiple alts after a ban.

Flagging games:
Flagging games is when a game will be flagged to Geoff to be deleted. Normally when the game is inappropriate. I would use this if the game was not appropriate for the likes of Sploder.

Game restoration:
Game restoring is when a user has normally accidentally deleted a game and would like it back.  I would use this if a user requested their game to be restored.

Deleting comments:
Deleting comments is when inappropriate comments can be deleted.
Normally if they are spam. (like repeated “hfhsfkj” or have bypassing. I would use this if they are spam or bypassing. Or upset a user.

Access to the MSM panel
This is when a moderator can access the MSM panel to do jobs which include above. I would use this when needed too.

Define spamming and flaming:

Spamming:

Spamming are useless/pointless comments repeatedly posted. Example: (jjsdh posted 20 times) would be spamming. I would delete all spam comments because they are useless and pointless, and possible warn. (ban if been warned)

Flaming:

Flaming is when a certain amount of users argue over something pointless and bring bypassing/name calling into it. They would normally do this if they are not winning the argument or are annoyed at the other member. Spamming and flaming are both wastes of time.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 10, 2013, 06:02 pm »
Question: If on saturday there are only 4 or less people with votes, will the applications with no votes go through to voting in the barracks?
Nope. There must be atleast 3 people with atleast one thank.
#WCGP

Offline billu

• Cruiser
  • Hello Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 10, 2013, 06:27 pm »
MSM Application

What being A MSM Means to me

Being a MSM means to me Hard Work, and Responsibility towards the Sploder website to make sure that all members are safe and enjoying making games and having good times with their friends on sploder. I as a moderator vow that I will help any member in need of help and give fair punishments to the inappropriate members. I have thrived for the moderator rank for one year and I am determined to acquire the moderator rank! I will keep Sploder a website free of hackers, and free of inappropriate members and make the Sploder website the safest website that it can be!

List Of Powers A MSM Has

A MSM Has the ability to Warn, Ban, IP Check, IP Ban, Permanent Ban, And Restore deleted games. If a member is violating the rules and terms of service of Sploder, then I will make a warning go into effect to make that member aware to stop his inappropriate actions. I will only give a warning after coming to a fair conclusion which will result in a fair warning against that inappropriate member. If that member has become repentant for his actions, then I will take back the warning from that member. If a member is still violating the rules of Sploder, and is harassing other members, then after coming to a fair conclusion, I will give a fair ban to that member for a limited amount of time. If the member still doesn't stop after the Ban then it's likely for that member to get another longer Ban. But if that member is evading his Ban, meaning the member is fleeing to his alt then I would check the IP of that member and see if there are any other accounts on that members IP. Checking the IP means, checking the location in which a member is located. If a member is evading a Ban then I would after coming to a fair conclusion, would IP Ban that member meaning that all of his alts including the original account of that member to be banned. That member then can't come back to any of his accounts unless that member moves to another location. Checking IP's can tell a moderator if a member has any alts or if that member is being hacked by another member. If another IP is on another members IP, then that member is being hacked. And if that member is being hacked, then I would come to a fair conclusion and then give a warning to that hacker and if the hacker still does not stop hacking other members accounts, then I will give a temporary Ban to that hacker. I would permanent Ban inappropriate members that have been constantly violating the rules of Sploder even though they have received temporary warnings or Bans. If I Permanent Ban an inappropriate member, then that member will be Banned and that member has no control over that. If a member accidently deletes one of his games and wants the game back, then he would ask a moderator to restore his game and a moderator would restore the game for that member.

Spamming and Flaming

Spamming is when a member writes the same message over and over again in other peoples games or pages, and that can bother other members. In that case I would most likely give a fair Warning to that member who is spamming. Flaming is when a member get into a long argument with another member and in that case I would give a fair Warning to the member who started the flaming. Flaming is not a good thing to do at all, because the members who are arguing can get serious and can say curse words etc to each other.

Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it, and have a nice day!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:36 pm by billu »

Offline geoffsgrandpa

• Mortar
  • Respect old people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 10, 2013, 09:17 pm »
What a msm means to me:Its great responsability first ,you must take the job serious,They bann and stop any members that violate the sploder rules,example showing pornography,insulting members spamming,  hacking,starting flame wars,or making inapropiate games.List of powers a moderator has:-Banninng members:Moderators must bann  members once they violate the rules,the moderator must give a warning to the member who is violating the rules,if the member keeps violating the rules,the moderator is forced to bann the member,if the moderator does not follow the rules and uses his powers bad his badge will be taken away,the regular bann will only be temporarily,ip bann means forever,-Ip check:At this way moderators will know the alts members have ,as well this lets moderators ip bann the members in extremely violates of the rules, Restore and delete games:if you want a game  you accidently deleted or other reasons, you can call a moderator to restore them, moderators can only delete games in extreme cases of inapropiate games,-Delete messages:Moderators have the power to delete messages in case of innapropiate words or insults. What reasons could be a member banned for:-spamming: its repeating words with no sense,-Flame wars:There are a union of members insulting thereselfs,Hacking:Entering a members                                                                                                       account without permission,just advice this may get you ip banned,if you give the member your password this isnt considered as hack,Inapropiate games or graphics:You may get banned for showing innapropiate games and graphics like nudity example or other type of                                                                                                                                                                                                                  inapropiate graphics,as well you can get banned for making hate games possibly,a example:the justin bieber hate games or others.Pornography:Well in my opinion I dont think we have to worry to much of that in ms though always be careful for porn graphics and stuff,this might get you ip banned,as well giving porn websites links. Hope you like my application.                                                                                                                                             
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:33 pm by geoffsgrandpa »

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #327 on: March 11, 2013, 09:04 am »
What being a Main Site Moderator means to me:

Being a Main Site Moderator means a lot for me, saving Sploder and Community to be a better place. I see many inappropriate games, graphics and comments and none of the other Moderators see them or give them a warning. It is a great job for me and I will try my best to do it. I see every day the comments and newest games to check that there is no inappropriate things also I know almost everything about Sploder. I am mature, friendly and also good at using all the programs and Moderator things. The MSM is the best thing to face with them who break the rules and give them reports.

Powers:

MSM job may look like a hard work but it's not for me. Moderators has different powers such as IP check, check reported posts or games, give them a warning if it is the first time they made it. Each of them has a way to use it. Some of them are:

IP Check: This is a great way to find a member who is banned before and now is using an Alternative account also you can check if he/she is hacking.

Warnings: Every one may do something wrong on this site but there are many of them such as spamming comments and emotions, advertising a game or a website. Warning is a great way to warn them to not do that anymore and give them a reason why he/she is warned. This might be a helpful way to learn them how Sploder works.

Perma Ban:
You can't do nothing if you are Perma Banned. You can Perma Ban someone if he keep repeating the same mistake.

Disable and Enable comments:
Sometimes you can give him a warning and don't allow him to comments for a short or a long time.

Reported Graphics, Comments and Games:
As we know Moderators can't delete the games but this is a way to make them see inappropriate games which includes Sex graphics or this kind of words. There are children playing this games so we are able to report them and maybe Geoff may see them. Inappropriate comments are reported so I can see it if I am a Moderator.

Banning: You can ban someone who break the rules listed above. After 2 warnings you have to ban him.

Note: I am almost 8 hours Online in a day so it will be a easy stuff for me. It will be a honor to make a Sploder a better and safe Website. Gerald is now out.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10 am »
Hello. I am here to tell you why I think I'd be a good moderator. I am online almost all day everyday, (yup, I gots no life) and would love to help keep sploder a safe place.

what being a moderator means to me

Well, as I have  mentioned before, I truly want to contribute to sploder community. So I would gladly help in keeping sploder safe with the moderator badge. I have tried my best to help people on the main site with their bully problems, and other such thing, but, I can only really help them with the bully aspect by asking a moderator. And, by the time they can reply and do something... The damage has already been done. So, if I was moderator I could help those members so much more, without having to wait for another moderator. I would use my new powers wisely, and properly. This is what being a moderator means to me.

What powers a moderator has

Warning

A verbal warning to those who bully or spam, to let them know that they are doing wrong and a moderator is watching them. This will also give them an extra message to type when trying to post a message, to remind them even more what they do/did is wrong, and a moderator is keeping an eye on them.

Banning

If a member does not heed the warning, the moderator has the ability to ban him/her. This will mean he cannot post any more messages. He may still make games, however, so should still probably be watched in case of innapropriate games.

IP check

If a member is banned, he/she is likely to want to crate another account to get around this ban. If the moderator suspects a certain member of being an alt, he can IP check the two accounts to see if they're the same.

Flagging to geoff

If the moderator finds an inappropriate game, or an account that needs deleting for whatever reason, he can flag either of these for geoff to delete.

IP ban

If the offending member has ignored his warning, and tried to get around his ban with an alt, yet continues to offend, the moderator has the ability to IP ban that member. This will mean he cannot access his account, make games, post a comment, or even make a new account. This should only be used as a last resort.

I would not misuse these powers, rather, I would use them to the best of my ability to help sploder.

Define spamming and flaming

Spamming

This is to send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on sploder, or to constantly harrass a member with immature annoyance. This could be advertising his/her website, game, or asking for awards.

Flaming

Flaming is hostile and insulting interaction between sploder users, often involving the use of profanity.

Final note

As I have mentioned multiple times, but only to get the point across, I would use all of this to the best of my ability, to keep sploder a safe and child-friendly place.

~Thank you very much for reading this.~
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Transcendent

• Disruptor
  • Religious Reviews/Religious2
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 11, 2013, 03:25 pm »
No need to make the apps look fancy. Members thank if they think you're mature.

-17 gold
1 conqueror armor