Author Topic: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)  (Read 28197 times)

Offline Rox

• Mortar
  • Uh, hi there? :P
    • View Profile
Re: The Boondocks: Moderation Movement (MSM Recruitment)
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2013, 08:31 am »
Hey, am I able to re-apply? :/

Click these please? =D

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2013, 08:36 am »
Hey, am I able to re-apply? :/
No, not now. Voting is starting today, re-apply on Monday.

Offline Rox

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2013, 08:50 am »
No, not now. Voting is starting today, re-apply on Monday.

I'm in voting, hope I pass.

Click these please? =D

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2013, 08:53 am »
I'm in voting, hope I pass.
Oh? I dodn't know voting had started yet. Oh well.  :(
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2013, 08:55 am »
Voting hasn't started yet, don't say things you don't know without a "I think" or something. //_o

Offline Rox

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18 am »
No you're not. Voting ended because milking passed.

Why doesn't Milky have his Moderator badge. It's been like a week.

Click these please? =D

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2013, 09:20 am »
Because geoff needs to give it to him.
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Rox

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2013, 09:25 am »
Because geoff needs to give it to him.

I know that.

Click these please? =D

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2013, 11:34 am »

Geoff has a life you know.

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2013, 10:40 pm »
Epicorange789 - 7
firetrolik - 6
redstorm - 5
Alonessix - 5
Tehevilunicorn - 4
Raider - 4

Moving on to voting.
#WCGP

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2013, 05:11 pm »
Alonessix passes.
#WCGP

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21 pm »
Alonessix passes.
Congratulations to alone! ^_^

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21 pm »

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2013, 05:22 pm »
Woot, I've been waiting for this moment for a long time! ^-^

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2013, 05:28 pm »
If I was to be an MSM, I would be bewhildered with joy, as I could help members in need of it.  I would most certainly handle my MSM powers correctly, and without a doubt would use them correctly. Being an MSM means a lot to me, as I for one can gain more respect from other members of the forum, and could help them in need of help. I'd love to keep little children safe from harm on sploder, whether someone would be spamming or bypassing; I will always make sure that everyone has a great time.

~An MSM's Power~

An MSM has a vast amount of powers, through warning people to permanently banning people. A moderators job in a nutshell is to protect the main site of all that is bad, and to protect the many young souls wallowing in this site today. We want them to be happy and safe here. Here are some of the MSM's powers:

Banning Users: A moderator will be able to ban members if they spam a lot, bypass, flame, make inappropriate games, graphics and/or tags, etc. That user will still be able to make games and graphics and even make friends through their ban time, but they won't be allowed to post comments, just in case they begin to flame with the moderator - everyone deserves a chance. The moderators can also permanently ban a user or just IP ban a user.

Warning Users: If say a user only posts a moderate amount of spamming, a moderator will just warn them so that they don't do it again. Warning isn't as bad as banning, as they will be able to place comments. But, if the user does any more bad things on this website, they may be banned.

IP Checking: If a user that is perma banned makes another account (take sceptile for an example), a moderator can easily IP check them so they can alert other moderators to take a look at the member if they have let this user off. If they do something wrong, they will perma ban that account as well. Also, if a member has an alt and say the member with that alt doesn't want it, they can ask a moderator to IP check them to see if it actually is their alt and they will flag that member to geoff to perma ban that account.

Flagging A Game: If a moderator finds an inappropriate game and the member who made it refuses to delete it, a moderator will flag the game to geoff so he can delete it, as no moderators have the ability to remove a game.

Quarantining A Member: If a user is being rather bad (or makes games and graphics like sceptiles) a moderator will make the member quarantined. This will put the user under watch of all moderators.

Blocking Games/Graphics: This is where a moderator deletes a game or graphic or blocks them because of its content.

Access to MSM Panel: A moderator can check the latest bans and warnings on this site, so a moderator knows if the same person does something wrong again who was originally banned/warned my a different moderator.

~Defining Spamming And Flaming~

Spamming is a repeated post, that has been posted say about 20 times. There are many types of spamming, such as emoticon spamming, trying to get people to play your games by posting 'play my games', and evn spamming dating requests. Some aren't as serious as others, however most of them can get you banned.
Flaming is basically insulting a member with arrogant behaviour. It's pretty much arguing with a member excessively using insults and possibly colourful vocabulary that really isn't appropriate for this site. Some are for silly reasons, and it can be worth a ban or warning.

This has been EpicO's MSM application. If I do become a moderator, I will most certainly do my best. Thanks and goodnight.

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2013, 05:35 pm »
Hello once again, I'm Daydream. Here I am applying with my second application, hopefully this brings more luck.

What being a MSM means to you:

MSM has been my dream MS job, more wanted than Reviewer and Editor. I am always happy to help people, and I don't swing my ban hammer around like a child playing Whack-A-Mole.

Often I do see kids bullying each other on the MS, and I give them a little warning, like "Hey, what's the need to bully?" Right after I see these situations I wish I could have the powers to intervene and successfully calm a fight, because the 'offenders' don't listen to members who don't sport a MSM badge.

I don't want the rank of MSM because of the fancy powers, I want to give people the assistance they need and keep Sploder an active and friendly community.

List of MSM powers and how I would use them:

First off, a mod has the power to end fights, stop bullies and hackers. Normal members may attempt to do so (like me), but it isn't really effective.

Warn- Before banning someone, most moderators may choose to give them a warning. A warning disables people to comment and send awards. I will warn people if they post an inappropriate game, bully someone, or send hateful comments on the MS. In other words, I will use the warn for first-time offenders who have done nothing too serious.

Ban- A ban doesn't allow the user to access Sploder. To me, the length of the ban depends on what the person/offender has done. E.g: if the person has received 3 warnings from me (or less, depending on the severity of the action) I will ban him/her depending on the action and the severity of the action.

Perma Ban- A Perma Ban is a permanent ban. I will use this when a person has gotten a ban from me 3 times (or less, depending on the severity of the event).

IP Ban- Same as a perma ban, except the banned user cannot make anymore Sploder accounts. I will use this if a member has made several accounts to go around the ban and make more trouble.

IP Check- Mods use this power to check one's IP address. To me, this is to be used when a member has done a questionable activity that seems similar to another member that has been banned. I will also randomly IP check other people to see if they share IPs with any banned accounts.

Deleting Messages- This power is used to delete any comments that are spamvertising, or any others that are hateful, or rude. Spam comments such as "jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj" are removed.

Game Restoration- Mods have the power to restore games that are accidentally deleted or purposely deleted (and the user wants that game back).

Hack Log- Mods have access to the Hack Log, a log that keeps track of hacked accounts. I will use this when a user has suddenly changed his/her behaviour (e.g.: nice yesterday, then rude and ignorant of the rules today).

Flagging Games To Geoff- If mods see an inappropriate game that many members have reported, moderators can flag the game so that Geoff can delete it. This power's description explains when I would use this power.

MSM Panel/Page
MSMs have the ability to access another page for MSMs only to see who's been banned or warned. I'll check this page as often as I can, and this will help me and other moderators determine what kind of ban a user will receive (e.g. warned once by one mod, then warned again by another, and received a ban from another, got it removed, then warned by another mod)

Definitions

Spamming

A message that means absolutely nothing. It has no purpose except annoy other members and clog up message boards and threads.

Flaming

The act of insulting another member or multiple members. Flaming is considered the Internet word for 'put-down'.

Thanks for reading!

~Daydream
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:01 pm by TehEvilUnicorn »

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2013, 05:49 pm »
THIRD STEP ADDED, PREVIOUS APPS DO NOT NEED TO ADD THIS INFORMATION BUT EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
#WCGP

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2013, 05:50 pm »
What being an MSM means to me:

Taking on this role would be an amazing experience and a great contribution towards the sploder community. This role gives me the chance to pull in front things a bit if they slip through the cracks. I would also be able to soothe the needs of those members who need help and make the whole site and the forums a better and free experience for them. Enforcing the rules is another thing becoming an msm could do for me. Rules are made to be broken, but getting this role will help prevent it. I am aware of some of the basic rules, such as 'no flaming or spamming allowed', or 'no posting hurtful messages'. The slightest break of a rule could get me to engage and shift things along a bit. Some of the higher-ups (and privates xD) would consider me a pretty mature member, a nice person to be around and someone that would be a good moderator. To make something more out of all of this, I am applying for this rank. I've been waiting to make a deep commitment into the communtiy so I could settle the tasks and put everything in its right place, this role is the closest I could get to accomplishing this.

Powers:

Yeah, I know quite a few of some of the main powers. The most popular and commonly discussed (alongside i.p bans) would be bans and warnings, every new msm (and old, of course) is fitted with this power. Warnings will create a message on the warned users profile which only the warned user will be able to see. A warning is just a friendly reminder to a member of the main site that they have committed and unacceptable action and that it shouldn't be repeated again. This will put the user down to his feet and get him to understand this place some more. Bans, self explanatory, but with a slight twist. Being banned means you can still log in, the only difference being you cannot post messages or comments. These are only to be used upon serious offences, and I mean serious. There is two more types of bans. Perma-bans, self explanatory. I.p bans block the users i.p, meaning they may not log in or create an account using that computer network ever again (unless temporary). Game restoration and deleting graphics and comment is another well known power, flagging games being the final I know.

Spamming and flaming:

Easy to define, however worth going through. Spam is basically posting stupid and pointless comments or messages in random places repeatedly for the purpose to annoy other members. It is considered rude behaviour and something that may be punished by a warning, followed by a ban if ignored. Flaming is hating on another member by posting hate messages on their profile (e.g death threats, major bullying), and I would consider it a serious incident.

Final notes:

This isn't an easy job, it's not something that everyone will be considered for. It's rather a challenge that only the best can pass. Bragging and showing off the moderator badge is just a no. It doesn't show any maturity, opposite actually. Of course holding this badge is a big achievement, but it's nothing to continually show off. This badge will put a lot of hard work in your sploder experiences and make it a bigger challenge. Also, it doesn't matter on what cases a punishment should be used. As long as it is necessary, it must be fitted (e.g banning my best friend for a reason is something I might have to do if it was necessary).

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed and good luck to anyone else who applied!
~Fire :3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:55 pm by firetrolik »

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Meh Instagram
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2013, 05:56 pm »
THIRD STEP ADDED, PREVIOUS APPS DO NOT NEED TO ADD THIS INFORMATION BUT EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
Am I allowed to edit my application to add the third step?

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2013, 05:57 pm »
Am I allowed to edit my application to add the third step?
You don't have to, but sure.
#WCGP

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2013, 02:53 am »
What being a MSM means to you:

If I had the powers of Mainsite Moderator, I would take more responsibility for my actions. It would be an outstanding experience that I'd never forget. I'd be able to help others and keep Sploder a safer place, as I hate sitting back and watching users be bullied. Sploder is a great site that needs to be protected, and I'd love to help do this. Rules are made to be stuck too, not broken. If I was a Mainsite Moderator I could help make them be stuck too. Whenever they're fights or hacking, I'd be willing to help in any task.

List MSM Powers and how I would use them:

A Mainsite Moderator has various powers. They can be used in many ways and not just in one. I would use these powers when needed too, and I would not abuse them for my own willing. It could be a warn, a ban, or even a IP ban in extreme cases. (That would be a last resort) Here are some that pop into my mind.

Warning: Warning is when warning a users when they have broken the rules for the first time. This warns the user not to do it again. I would use warnings when a minor offence has been committed for the first time.

Banning: Banning is when a user would be ban for a period of time/permanently. This would normally come after a warning, but in some cases a ban will come straight away if necessary.

IP Banning: An IP Ban is a permanent ban from Sploder all together. It bans the user completely from Sploder. This is used in very extreme cases. I would use this if someone broke the rules repeatedly or if they used multiple accounts to avoid a ban.

IP Checking: IP checking is when you can check a users IP address and see what accounts share the IP address. I would use this if I believe someone is avoiding a ban using multiple accounts or in cases of Hacking.

Delete messages: Deleting messages is normally when bypassing/spam has been commenced. Example: "kjdsfhjfed" I would use this if spam or bypassing has been committed.

Flagging a game: Flagging a game is when a game that is inappropriate for Sploder is flagged to Geoff. I would use this when a inappropriate game for Sploder has been made.

Restoring games: Restoring a game is when a user has accidently deleted a game. I would use this if a user requested their game to be restored.

Access to the MSM Panel: Accessing the MSM panel is when you can use all of these powers. (Ban, Warn, IP Check, IP Ban, ect)

Define spamming and flaming:

Spamming: Spamming is a useless type of messages that are repeatedly posted. Example "play my games" (repeated 20 times) Would be spamming. You would normally be warned for spamming followed by a ban if carried on.

Flaming: Flaming is a example of a fight with name calling or rude/ignorant behavior. Normally a warn would come after flaming or sometimes in a serious case a ban. Flaming is a useless thing to be involved within a argument.

This has been my MSM application. Thanks for reading and I you enjoyed. If I get the position I will not abuse it's powers. :)

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2013, 08:15 am »
I would like to tell you, why I think I'd be worthy of moderator badge. 

What being moderator means to me

I've been on sploder for quite some time. In my time here I've seen a lot of bullies, spammers, and innapropriate behaviour. I spent quite some time helping the moderators to find these people, however, when I had found someone, I often had to wait a while for the moderator to act. And by that time the damage had already been done. So, if I was given the honour of moderator, I believe this would give me the power to help the members of sploder even more. I truly want to help, so this is why I am quite passionate about this position.

What powers a moderator has

The moderator has a wide array of powers which help him/her to protect the members of sploder. These include:

Warning

This is a verbal warning which gives the offender a verbal warning, and an extra message to type if he makes a post. This means he cannot post messages as easily, and would prevent spammers from spamming on such a large basis.

Ability to view the report list

The moderator is also able to view the report list. This is a large list of posts that have been reported. He can use this to find inappropriate messages, and delete them. Possibly giving the sender an added warning.

Deleting posts

If the moderator finds an inappropriate message, he has the ability to delete it. This may prevent other people from seeing it.

Ban

If the offender does not heed the verbal warning,  the moderator will give him a ban. This means he cannot post another message using his account, but may still make games.

IP check

If the moderator suspects anpther member of being an alt of an already banned member, using this alt to get around his previous ban, he has the ability to IP check these two members. This will prove whether or not they are the same.

IP ban

This should only be used as last resort. The IP ban will ban the members IP from sploder entirely. This will ban the member, and any alts he may have. It will also prevent the offender from making more accounts.

Flagging games to geoff

If The moderator find an inappropriate game, he will likely tell the maker to delete it. If this member refuses, the moderator can flag this game for goeff to delete it himself.

Define flaming and spamming

Flaming

This is when a member is attack another member, insulting them and often using profanity. This should be stopped by either giving one, or both members a warning.

Spamming

This is when a member will constantly post the same message over and over again to different people or the same person. this could be for the following reasons:

Advertising: He will advertise his game or website in order for multiple people to play it, or join it.

As an annoyance: He may also spam one or more members continuously purely to annoy them.

Final note

All of this, I would try my best to stop. If I was made a moderator I believe I could help sploder much more than I could possibly do, without this honour. 

Thank you.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2013, 11:46 am »
What being a Main Site Moderator means to me:

Being a Main Site Moderator means a lot for me, saving Sploder and Community to be a better place. I see many inappropriate games, graphics and comments and none of the other Moderators see them or give them a warning. It is a great job for me and I will try my best to do it. I see every day the comments and newest games to check that there is no inappropriate things also I know almost everything about Sploder. I am mature, friendly and also good at using all the programs and Moderator things. The MSM is the best thing to face with them who break the rules and give them reports.

Powers:

MSM job may look like a hard work but it's not for me. Moderators has different powers such as IP check, check reported posts or games, give them a warning if it is the first time they made it. Each of them has a way to use it. Some of them are:

IP Check: This is a great way to find a member who is banned before and now is using an Alternative account also you can check if he/she is hacking.

Warnings: Every one may do something wrong on this site but there are many of them such as spamming comments and emotions, advertising a game or a website. Warning is a great way to warn them to not do that anymore and give them a reason why he/she is warned. This might be a helpful way to learn them how Sploder works.

Perma Ban:
You can't do nothing if you are Perma Banned. You can Perma Ban someone if he keep repeating the same mistake.

Disable and Enable comments:
Sometimes you can give him a warning and don't allow him to comments for a short or a long time.

Reported Graphics, Comments and Games:
As we know Moderators can't delete the games but this is a way to make them see inappropriate games which includes Sex graphics or this kind of words. There are children playing this games so we are able to report them and maybe Geoff may see them. Inappropriate comments are reported so I can see it if I am a Moderator.

Banning: You can ban someone who break the rules listed above. After 2 warnings you have to ban him.

Note: I am almost 8 hours Online in a day so it will be a easy stuff for me. It will be a honor to make a Sploder a better and safe Website. Gerald is now out.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Rox

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2013, 12:18 pm »
This is my second application as you should know.

1. I would like to be a Moderator because I would make this site a better place, when someone asks me "Can you ban this user?" I will check the users comments, if I think they are warn/ban worthy I will take action. If they continue then it will lead to a ban and so on.

2. The Moderator badge is the most important badge and and most powerful, as it has the most power and responsibility then the other badges. Now, since I have clarified that the Moderator badge is most important I will tell you their powers on the Main Site.

Warn - This is a regular warn to express yourself to how the user is acting towards other members. For example if the user is being mean to another user. You might send them a warning with the message "Please do not be mean or aggressive to other members." You can warn someone if you think the thing they have done wrong is actually warn-worthy before you do it because someone tells you to. People might say "Ban this person because he/she called me a splode" For all we know he/she could be right. (No offence to anyone.) Oh, and a warning may disable you from commenting on other members profiles, or from sending awards to communicate as you are able to send little messages through awards. 

Ban - This is the somewhat worse version of warn. If the user has shown he/she is idiotic and disobedient then a Moderator may ban him/her for a short amount of time. You don't want to be banned trust me. Even though I've never be banned. I know it's a horrific thing to experience, this is why everyone should act normally and speak how they would to a friend. This is not the worst thing that you could experience because there is on3 more type of ban, a lot more horrific then this. If you receive a Ban, just be happy you didn't receive a Permanent Ban

Permanent Ban - This is the most terrible thing you could ever experience within Sploder. This disable you from even accessing your account. You're banned forever, if you are perma-banned and the Moderator IP bans you. Then you are locked away from Sploder for eternity, you can never access your old account, you can't make a new account. (Alt, If you had a previous account.) If the Moderator unbans you. (Which he most likely won't.) Then you are lucky, most people who get perma-banned are never unbanned. So you never ever want to experience that.

IP Ban - IP ban is used for stopping aggressive members, or people who have been violating the terms of service from creating a Alt (Alternate) account.

IP Check - This is a option for scouting around for Alts, people may have several different accounts within Sploder. Moderators may have suspicion and IP check a user to see if they have any alts.

Hack Log - This is used for explanatory purposes and used to see who is being hacked, who is collaborating etc.

Moderation Pannel - Moderators have a special Moderation pannel for uses. Say if a user reported a comment or a game, the Moderator they reported it to should take care of it and deal with the situation.

Flagging Games - Moderators also have the ability the "Flag" games. This is for those inappropriate games scattered around the Main Site. Moderators can flag games to Geoff (The creator of sploder.) So that he can delete them. (Since he is the only person that can delete them at the moment.)

Deleting Messages - Moderators also have the ability to delete comments, the comment is not fully deleted, but the message the the Moderator deleted will show up as "[Message deleted by Moderator]"

I would use these powers in a terrible situation. If a member starts a riot within Sploder, I will swoop in as soon as possible and deal with it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:58 pm by Roxus »

Click these please? =D

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2013, 02:01 am »
What being a moderator means to me.

A moderator is a member on sploder who: helps Geoff maintain sploder, make sure members follow the rules and help other members on sploder.

A moderator has a huge responsibility. To make a good moderator, you have to be active and really help out as there are many members on sploder today who think they can break the rules without facing a consequence and new members on sploder and members who need help, need to be guided through sploder so they understand what they should do/be doing.

A moderator must be serious in all situations, whether it is helping members or explaining to a member who has broken the rules, etc, etc.

A moderator needs mature. As moderators are looked up to by members on sploder, being a mature moderator would teach sploder members how to act on sploder. Also, it means that other moderators will like you and think you are doing a good job.

Moderator's should Never abuse their powers. Geoff has made you a moderator and trusts you. The worst thing to do is abuse your powers as it will have your job taken away, most likely a warning or more and members will lose all their respect for you.

Moderators must be reliable. Lot's of members rely on moderators from new members who need advice and help on sploder to high in rank members like Geoff who rely on you to do your job successfully.

Moderators should control members efficiently. Moderators should calm the member down if they are angry in a situation. The member will most likely have some respect for you if you show them that you are giving some of your time to them.

What a moderator does.

Banning ~ This is probably the most used power of a moderator. This is the power to stop members from doing certain things on sploder. Before banning a member, you must get full evidence that they have actually broken the rules. Then, the moderator must explain what the member has done and why they're banned/warned.

Un-Banning ~ A moderator can un-ban a member maybe if they think the member didn't deserved to be banned. This is probably connected to the ban appeal as that is the place where members ask to be un-banned.

Warning ~ This is where a moderator leaves a message underneath their avatar where they log on and go to home. This can only be seen by moderators and the member who has been warned. Warnings can be removed from member’s pages.

Quarantining a member ~ This is where a moderator can see what the member is posting and doing all the time.

Verbal warning ~ A moderator can give a verbal warning to a member telling them not to do something. This is different from a normal warning as everyone can see it.

I.P Ban ~ In serious cases, a moderator can ban a members I.P address so they cannot log in with that device or make other accounts on that device.

I.P Check ~ This is a useful power to moderators as they can check if a member, who has been banned, tries to make an alternative account when they have been banned.

Deleting Graphics ~ This is a power where moderators can delete graphics that may be breaking the rules of sploder or offending another member on sploder.

Deleting posts ~ A moderator can delete posts anywhere on the sploder MS. But only if the post breaks the rules or offends another member.

Flagging a game ~ This is where a moderator can flag a game, that might break the rules or offend other members, which will be sent t Geoff, so he can decide if it's worthy enough to be deleted.

Restoring games ~ A moderator has the ability to retrieve a game that another member has maybe accidentally deleted the game, deleted it because they thought it might break the rules or deleting it because they didn't want it but regretted it.

Reporting: games/graphics/posts/members/reviews ~ Although a moderator can delete most of these things, the moderator maybe unsure if it's worthy to be deleted/flagged. So, they report it so another moderator can check.

Access to 'Ban Appeal' ~ A moderator can reply to members who have been banned to listen to their reason why they should be un-banned.

Access to moderator board ~ This is where a moderator can find out the latest: bans, warns, deleted posts/graphics/games.

Spamming and flaming.

Spamming - When a member repeatedly posts filling up someones page or something else. Spamming can be: annoying to members because it may take them to find a comment they would like to read and when a member has spammed and maybe a member hasn't reported it, a MSM finds it hard what member's pages the member has spammed on and takes a lot of their time.
Flaming - Flaming is where members argue with each other and say nasty things or things people disagree on. Flaming can get easily out of control if many members are involved. Flaming can be: Upsetting because some things said to a member may have been offensive or personal to the member. Annoying because moderators will have to spend time speaking to every member involved to get their sides of the story and to find out more information. Maybe: how it started.

Final note.

Why should you vouch for me? You should vouch for me as I know how hard a moderator’s job can be. However, I'm up for anything the stands before me. I want to make sploder a safer place and make member aware on how to stay safe on sploder and what to do in serious situations. I have experience of internet safety because of school teaching and resources research. I'm a very active member on sploder and responsible and reliable. I'm mature enough to handle serious situations. I'm calm and don't get offended easily. So, if another member says something offensive to me, I will not get angry and retaliate; I will just simply, yet maturely, report them. Or if I get the amazing chance to be a moderator: ban or warn them, depending on the type of offence they have done to the sploder rules. I have been on sploder for 1 and 1/4 years and feel that I know enough about sploder to moderate it. In that period of time I have also seen and dealt with members who break the rules or who are upset.

If a member is upset, I straight away try to calm them down and make them feel better and calmer. That goes the same for a member who breaks the rules.

Thanks a lot for reading my application.

I promise that if you thank this post, I will make sploder a better place overall
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:59 pm by Gamekid »
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2013, 02:07 am »
What is with all these massive spaces... xD

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2013, 02:28 am »
What is with all these massive spaces... xD
Me? I don't know.  :)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A