Author Topic: MSM {Application}  (Read 365 times)

Offline Lastwho

• Launcher
  • Lastwhovian :D
    • View Profile
MSM {Application}
« on: February 15, 2013, 12:25 pm »
Hi, I've decided that I think I could try to become a moderator.I think being a Moderator is a very responsible job and i'm up to take the challenge. I think I know what I would be doing for helping the community. But I will follow your Format as always.

[1]. Ridiculous

[2.] Forums:
About 6 months and main site: Nearly 11 months

[3.] A MSM's job is:

The main duty of a MSM (Main Site Moderator) is to keep the board free of advertising. Generally, spam can be easily spotted. Often the title is in all caps, the user has never posted in the community before, and sometimes the user will post the message in several topics. They might include a website link or an email address for people they may not know.

If you're unsure if it's spam, it's okay to wait a little while and see if the person comes back to respond. If the person responds but doesn't seem to be actually participating in a discussion...that is, posts more baloney, delete away.

So, if you don't have time to really read the posts in your topic, if you can at least scan and see who has posted on that day, take a quick "tour" to make sure There isn't any spam in your section of the board.

So far, we don't get too much of this, but it's important to keep an eye out. Sometimes there are good moderators and bad moderators who don't even know what to do. It's really REALLY important to get the right moderators for the job.

NOTE : I am not giving people tips, I am answering the questions format. Be a sure to properly read before you comment on this post.

Another important action that a moderator must do on his day's of his job, is to interact with each user of the community and give great security, so they can feel safe and happy while they enjoy creating their games. If the moderators do NOT do this and just leave the users to do what they want, they will have a big problem in their hands.

A Moderator has the power and wealth to give rights and not allow them. They are strong within the community's growth, and first looks. I'm very honest I've not been on the forums for quite a while, I've changed my ways. And this is also my first try. Don't bang on my suggestions and general topics.

A Moderator also has the authority of gaining a lot of attention, as people can see, they seem like the face of Sploder.com. Tons of Messages will attack their inbox and tons will attack their comment section. I'm up for it. When I see a problem I will go straight to discussing it's pros and cons. I will fix everything and I will do what I can do. My goal is to keep Sploder populated, and more populated. First looks among Sploder are the most important subject above me topics and reasons to moderate. I love Sploder, I've been here since I was 8 years old. And i've had different accounts (I forget my passwords) and I've been creating games. This has been the greatest experience of my life.

[4.] I think you should Vote for me because ' Well among the reasons I can't be icky ' so I'll just keep this one basic and more understanding.

1. I am an excellent writer.

2. I thrive on deadlines. I feel I do my best work when I’m in a race against the clock. (That’s not to say.I cut corners. My work is thorough and complete.)

3. I’m self-motivated. I pride myself in taking initiative and understanding what needs to be done and when to do it.

4. I’m willing to learn anything new. I don’t know everything about public relations. But, I’m darn sure willing to learn as much as possible so that I become more of a critical asset to your community.

5. I’m personable. Cold calls do not bother me. Neither does interacting with new people. I am capable of forming lasting relationships that can bolster your community's efforts.

6. No task is too small for me. I know there are downtimes. I don’t mind "maintaining media libraries, updating media lists or cleaning the office". If you need anything done, just ask me to do it.

7. I think strategically. I make it a habit to fully think out any situation before acting. I like to understand the bigger picture and narrow my focus, identifying problems or opportunities that have influence on the task at hand.

8. I love public relations and working in a team environment. I know that one person cannot do everything alone. It takes a integrated team effort to accomplish outstanding objectives. Working alongside people who love what they do makes the workflow more fluid and enjoyable.

Well that is 8 reasons among why you should take me as a MSM on the time. I'm willing to take this as a great try. Thanks a lot for reading much respect and loyalty among you many users. :D

Another NOTE : If you are not accepting any moderator applications at the current moment I am willing to wait.

Thanks a ton.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
Re: MSM {Application}
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:27 pm »
Um... You NEVER NEVER NEVER ask to be a mod. You have to be chosen, and asking decreases your chances.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline bob123f

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29 pm »
Um... You NEVER NEVER NEVER ask to be a mod. You have to be chosen, and asking decreases your chances.
This. You cannot apply for Moderator.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 12:31 pm »
Sorry lastwho. But this system is better, in that they can choose better people for it, rather than everyone asking.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Vexation

• Cruiser
  • I'm aiming my catapult to go high on Sploder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 08:04 pm »
It is the wish of everyone on the site to be a mod. (Granted, 50% of those want to be a mod to unban Sceptile...) If you could apply to be a moderator, this would be so chock-full of applications the forum would explode.

Offline Mrc73

• Speeder
  • A dilugent user who exceeds in working hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:10 pm »
I beleive you are looking for this thread.

http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,318242.0.html
Feel free to pm me ;)

Offline Raider

• Mortar
  • Proud SCOURGE Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 04:12 am »
and you are a alt
300th thank~ Alonnesix
GIFSoup