Author Topic: Moola's Eccentric Editor Recruitment  (Read 6613 times)

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
Re: Moola's Eccentric Editor Recruitment
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 12:55 pm »
Jesus, I found a small grammar mistake, and I edited it. (Is it allowed?)
Grammar mistakes, shlammar mistakes
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline Flippenout

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 07:30 pm »
       I think that I should receive the Editor test because I have an eye for good games. Let's just say, I have eyes like a hawk. I know what aspects a good game requires. A good game requires stuff like, artistic scenery, amazing game play, difficult puzzles, (though it is not required) challenge, and most of all fun! I believe that making an addictive, fun game is ultimately what engages the player into the game. Who wants to play a boring game? Not me.

Not only do I have a good eye for games, I am also determined. Determination, is the key to finding good, fun games. An editor has to have patience. Lots of patience. Before an editor can feature a game, he must make sure that he has seen enough of the game. He has to check to see if the game has all the aspects a featured game would have. This takes time, patience and most of all perserverance. Now, an Editor does not require to have super God-like gaming skills but it is usually helpful. After all, you can't feature a game until you get to see the true potential of the game and all the aspects of the games. Therefore, it is usually good to get far into the game before you go ahead and feature it.

I'm no Gaming God, but I have beaten a few exceptionally hard games. I have beaten games like Grandquest:Darkest Hours by Ravicale, (wasn't logged in though :/) Spectrum Of Light by Tbremise, my own game Lost etc.

If I were to become an Editor, I would do two things. First off, I would be on the look-out for unrecognized talent. One of the biggest flaws with the Editor system, is that almost all the games if not all games that are featured are by already well known people/people on forums. I would always be on the lookout for new talent, because I know that there is a lot of unrecognized talent on the MS in hiding. I would like to see new game-makers rise up, and I feel like there are a lot of talented users out their who aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

Secondly, I would make sure that the games I feature are not only challenging but enjoyable for the entire public. There will always be haters on certain games, there is nothing that we can do about that. But I would try my very best, to get not only hard-core gamers engaged into featured games but also others who aren't into super tough games. The games that I would feature would be games that would be fun, challenging yet fun.

Finally, I am trustworthy and mature. I would use my powers, in the right way and I would not abuse my powers. I would only feature games that I KNOW are feature worthy. I would make sure that the games as all of the aspects of a feature worthy game. Anyway, thank you for reading my editor application. And I hope that I've proven myself worthy of being Editor. Thank you for your time.

Peace out,
~Flippenout

Accomplishments:
-Be the second to last Survivor in the first ever 'Hunger' Gameshow.
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.
-Become the 2nd best private of the year

Offline Flippenout

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 07:32 pm »
Oh yeah, I also am a reviewer. So I do have an idea to what a good game is.
Accomplishments:
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.

Offline Mr. Black Hole

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 04:08 pm »
Is this dying?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:04 pm by Mr. Black Hole »

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2013, 04:51 am »
Is this dying?
Nope. Everyone else is.
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
  • Self Esteem Points: 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2013, 11:14 am »
Ight, so all 7 of the Applications I received have been graded.
Additionally, Probe I would like you to redo the test, you did it wrong. Please read the questions more carefully, particularly the review.

Anyways, here are the scores, you needed an 85% to pass.
Creatingames 142/160 (88%) Congratulations
EpicOrange789 115/160 (72%) Sorry
Tbremise 150/160 (93%) Very nice job
Milking 147/160 (91%) Good for you
Jmc10 117/160 (73%) :/
Troyio 136/160 (85%) Just made it in
Rooney10 144/160 (90%) Nice Job

The users who met or exceeded the 85% have now moved on to voting. Editors make sure to check the thread.

If you would like an editor application please re-pm me if you haven't already.

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2013, 11:21 am »
I would like to be an editor, because I believe I have a good eye for a good game. I would only feature the best games I find, (which might happen to be mine...  ;)   jk )

I would not misuse my powers, and I would try to be the best editor I can be. I will not make a long application, rather, I will let people thank me if they think I can handle the responsibility. because at the end of the day, that's what they will do whether you have a fancy application or not.

Thank you.
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2013, 12:40 pm »
Three thanks?!?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:16 pm by Beefy »

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 12:42 pm »
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11 am »
Two thanks! I'm surprised... I expected 0.
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2013, 07:47 pm »
Don't forget there are some on page 2.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 02:58 am »
Edited my application, on page 2 around the middle.
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Becky

• Guard
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
    • The Becky Forum
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50 am »
I would like to be an editor because I would be honest and just. I believe I am a mature person, but somewhat unrecognized. I would be a fair judge even if I must judge between a friend and a complete stranger, as that is a quality you need to be an Editor. I think I have an eye for true talent in games, not just saying it's a good game because the Author of the game is a well known member.

I would not abuse my powers. I may not be the best game player but I will win through PERSISTENCE! I also know when a game is worthy of a feature. Also I think I would also include some members that are somewhat not known. If their games are good why not? That is the case with most of the Editors now. Most only look out for popular games, and only a handful concentrate on the other games that need attention. You never know until you try.

That is why I think I would make a good Editor. Signing off, Becky. (MS name: Becki).

Offline Becky

• Guard
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
    • The Becky Forum
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2013, 08:12 am »
Come on 1 more thank! Nearly...

Offline raulmenendez

• Cruiser
  • Women. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2013, 07:12 pm »
I think I should be vouched for Editor because I keep a lookout for any good games. When a particular game is chosen, you look out for the following aspects:

- Gameplay: Is the game any good? Is it possible? What makes it so good or so dull? Is it addictive? What would you rate it on a scale from 1 to 10? Where does it pull its trigger? Does it add to the game's storyline? What adds to the gameplay that makes it so good? Is there improvements to be made?

(i) The Puzzles and Traps - Is it any good? Has it contributed well to raise the standards of this game? How should this puzzle/trap deliver? Is it possible?

(ii) The Scenery - Has it contributed to its theme? Has it portrayed well enough to keep you going? Will it convince you to progress harder? Will it make the game addictive? Will the game portray the brightest color in the box?

(iii) The Action - Is it any good? Has it contributed to the game's taste? Will it deliver? When will it pull its trigger? Where will it begin? Who are there to oppose in the battle? How difficult is it? Is it possible?

(iv) Creativity- Are there enough resources? Will it make the game more unique? Is it original? How does this have an impact on his games? Does it progress throughout the game? Will it raise the game's standards? Where does it start? Is it possible? Do I understand what the maker is doing?

(v) Placement - Where are the best places to place your player, enemy, block, power-up or health? How does it deliver? Does it add to the game's suspense or purpose? Does it show a positive image to the game? Where does it all begin? How does the game start? Is there enough health to keep you going?

(vi) Difficulty - Is the game possible? Is the game pretty basic or does it cause frustration? How does the difficulty portray? What adds to its difficulty? Where does it begin? Is there enough health to keep you going? Is there enough enemies and hazards in the game?

(vii) Is the game addictive? Does it keep you going? What adds to its addictiveness? Where does it all start? Does it raise the game's standards? Is it an important factor in the game? How often does it deliver? Does its difficulty add to its addictiveness?

Although this might not be essential, I would strongly recommend it.

(viii) Storyline - Does the story make any sense? Does it contribute very well to the game? Does it fit as a piece to the jigsaw? Does it keep you going? How well does it fit with the game? Is it pretty basic or does it confuse you?

You should be on a lookout when it comes to good games like The Gamer by Deathleaf, Gunman 0 by Shadross and Splitscreen by Splatter. These are examples of games that underline the aspects above.

I also believe I would make a successful candidate. I would use this badge to show my purpose and potential- that I can feature games and that I can show that I am worthy and committed to my rank. I want to make sure that games deserve their own spotlight and get what they deserve. In my honest opinion, I've seen many games that are just there like a missing bottle out at sea that deserve to be featured as they follow the aspects I discussed about above.

I want to use this badge, not for popularity but for commitment and justice, not to abuse it in any way possible. I am also mature and responsible as I deliver it in my posts.

Overall, I hope I make a successful Editor and meet the requirements possible and to satisfy as many members who deserve their feature. I will pledge to use it in the right hands.
Thank you for your valuable time in reading this.
Thanks for your appreciation.

Raul Menendez.

Just be yourself.

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2013, 02:33 pm »
Silvershadows has been messaging me to thank his post, this allowed?

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2013, 03:15 pm »
I think I should be voted editor because I keep a good eye for any good games. When a game is chosen, you look for these:

-The game: Is it good or bad quality. Is it winnable? What makes it good? Could you get stuck to it? What would you rate it? And most impotently could it be improved.

Puzzles- Then again is it any good? What should this puzzle need to be improved? Can you win it? does it have good quality?

War- does it have action? is it addictive? On a scale of 1-10 how fun it is? is it possible?

Creative games- has anyone coped it? Is it winnable? Does it get better though out the game?

Is it addictive- Do you get bored with it in 1 min? Does I have good quality? Does it deliver creativity?

Difficulty- is it possible? Is it too easy or too hard? Where do you begin? Do you get annoyed while playing it? Do you have enough lives or heath to help you get though the game? Is it basic or annoying?  Is there enough baddies/enemies? Is it too hard?

Story- does what the help page/bored says make sense? is it addictive? does it keep you going?
Does it confuse you? Or is it basic/easy?

My games I would feature would be LOZ search for the sword, lost, and super Mario bros.

So I hope I make a good editor and help the members that need the feature have it.

This took a hour so good bye from sivershadows.

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2013, 04:03 pm »
I think I should be voted editor because I keep a good eye for any good games. When a game is chosen, you look for these:

-The game: Is it good or bad quality. Is it winnable? What makes it good? Could you get stuck to it? What would you rate it? And most impotently could it be improved.

Puzzles- Then again is it any good? What should this puzzle need to be improved? Can you win it? does it have good quality?

War- does it have action? is it addictive? On a scale of 1-10 how fun it is? is it possible?

Creative games- has anyone coped it? Is it winnable? Does it get better though out the game?

Is it addictive- Do you get bored with it in 1 min? Does I have good quality? Does it deliver creativity?

Difficulty- is it possible? Is it too easy or too hard? Where do you begin? Do you get annoyed while playing it? Do you have enough lives or heath to help you get though the game? Is it basic or annoying?  Is there enough baddies/enemies? Is it too hard?

Story- does what the help page/bored says make sense? is it addictive? does it keep you going?
Does it confuse you? Or is it basic/easy?

My games I would feature would be LOZ search for the sword, lost, and super Mario bros.

So I hope I make a good editor and help the members that need the feature have it.

This took a hour so good bye from sivershadows.

You copied Raul
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline pigface106

• Speeder
  • hey im a stalker (u know im joking right)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08 pm »
you will be a great editor :)) ;) :) ^-^ :D ;D :P 8)
cant touch this!

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 08:22 am »
You copied Raul
who's he? and who ever he is i did not copy him its from my own head.

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27 am »
Silvershadows has been messaging me to thank his post, this allowed?
well becky asked me

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 08:37 am »

Offline TheSilentBang

• Turret
  • I normally have fun and don't give a damn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40 am »
Alright, I would like to say why I should be given the test. I know what to look for in good games, I may prefer ppg, but I have learned how to see the good and bad in all of the gamemakers thanks to people always asking me to see if a game is review worthy. I keep my eyes open for relatively good games whenever I am on the mainsite, and thanks to my umr reviews thread it has helped me to look even harder for those over the top games. Plus I have proven that I am trustworthy and mature.

I hope I am doing this right.

Thanks.
Get off my lawn.

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2013, 12:27 pm »
4 thanks.

I never thought I'd get that many!

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2013, 07:10 pm »
I have gotten some reports of people pming other people to thank their post. Yeah, don't do that. Beyond the time that this was posted, if you do that you will be banned from applying for 3 months.

Online Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2013, 07:12 pm »
I have actually just realised that ravicale isn't an editor!
9 Bronze
1 Kava Berry
3 Phy Attack Potions
Bulk-Pulse Talisman
S. Void Jinx
1 gold cross sword
1 silver void jinx
1 silver Vortex Axe
1 shadow wraith bow
Sol Stone
10 Deer
2 silver
1 gold
2 fish

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2013, 06:53 am »
Can I apply again?
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46 am »
I have gotten some reports of people pming other people to thank their post. Yeah, don't do that. Beyond the time that this was posted, if you do that you will be banned from applying for 3 months.
I'm sorry i will never ever make that mistake again sir

Offline Flippenout

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2013, 06:53 pm »
Moola, I got more than 5 thanks on my application.
Accomplishments:
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2013, 09:33 pm »
Moola, I got more than 5 thanks on my application.

Cool!