Author Topic: Moola's Eccentric Editor Recruitment  (Read 6614 times)

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
Re: Moola's Eccentric Editor Recruitment
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 09:39 pm »
Alright, I would like to say why I should be given the test. I know what to look for in good games, I may prefer ppg, but I have learned how to see the good and bad in all of the gamemakers thanks to people always asking me to see if a game is review worthy. I keep my eyes open for relatively good games whenever I am on the mainsite, and thanks to my umr reviews thread it has helped me to look even harder for those over the top games. Plus I have proven that I am trustworthy and mature.

I hope I am doing this right.

Thanks.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
  • Self Esteem Points: 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 09:55 pm »
Tbre has bypassed requirements and been sent the test.

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 02:57 am »
Ermmmm...

Editor app:

Editors feauture games that have good scenery, and don't get you bored in the middle of the game, (or any point of the game), and have puzzles (if platformer) and have good enemy placement, good boundry placement (Tiles, colums etc), and are enjoyable and make you want to play the game over and over to get it right, and be challenging. I believe I should be given the test because: I am mature (On the MS), have a good taste in games, no longer believe that noobish games are feauture-worthy, and I know what a feautured game should be like (I have one so I found out what makes one). Thank you for reading my application. Have a good day.
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Online Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 03:08 am »
I think that I should get the editor test because I'm fairly sure that I know how to use every aspect of a feature worthy game, whether it's a PPG plat, a puzzle plat (I got a feature with Mysterious Sightings), or RPG's. Also, I try to look for feature worthy games to show to the editors for them to consider whether it is feature worthy or not. And, some members of the forums and the MS think that I am mature, trustworthy and worthy of being an editor.

Thanks for your time

~EpicO
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:15 am by EpicO »
9 Bronze
1 Kava Berry
3 Phy Attack Potions
Bulk-Pulse Talisman
S. Void Jinx
1 gold cross sword
1 silver void jinx
1 silver Vortex Axe
1 shadow wraith bow
Sol Stone
10 Deer
2 silver
1 gold
2 fish

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 03:10 am »
I think that I should get the editor test because I'm fairly sure that I know how to use every aspect of a feature worthy game, whether it's a PPG plat, a puzzle plat (I got a feature with Mysterious Sightings), or RPG's. Also, I try to look for feature worthy games to show to the editors for them to consider whether it is feature worthy or not. And, some members of the forums and the MS think that I am mature, trustworthy and worthy of being an editor.

Thanks for your tine

~EpicO

You spelt time wrong. :p
I hate little white punks who mess with me, kids like proxy obliterate the forums.

Online Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 03:15 am »
You spelt time wrong. :p

Ah well, it doesn't matter too much.
9 Bronze
1 Kava Berry
3 Phy Attack Potions
Bulk-Pulse Talisman
S. Void Jinx
1 gold cross sword
1 silver void jinx
1 silver Vortex Axe
1 shadow wraith bow
Sol Stone
10 Deer
2 silver
1 gold
2 fish

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 03:16 am »
Ah well, it doesn't matter too much.
Good app btw, I hope you get accepted!

Offline Rox

• Mortar
  • Uh, hi there? :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 02:01 pm »
Okay, first of all. I know that editor is the hardest to receive but what the heck? I'll atleast try. I also know I'm not the maturest person in the world and I admit I can be immature at times, but I've always wanted Editor more then the other badges so I'm going to try.

I should be an Editor because I have immense intellect and a sharp-eye for feature worthy games. I know I haven't made a game myself. (I'm working on one now.) but I know what makes a feature worthy game. I wouldn't feature games just because I like them in case another Editor un-features them. I would check with other Editors to see if they think the game is feature worthy, if they do they might feature it before I do. I've been told I'm mature a couple times. I've been told I should be a Moderator and Reviewer, and one person said they would suggest me for Soldier, so if that doesn't prove my maturity, I don't know what does.

Thanks for reading.

Roxus
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:03 pm by Roxus »

Click these please? =D

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 06:11 pm »
New Recruitment?  That's pretty neat.

App:

I believe I should become an Editor because I have a good eye in games.  I won't just take a game by my favorite game maker and feature it, whether it's feature worthy or not, just because he is my favorite game maker or friend.  I would actually compare that game to an already featured game.  I may even rate the game out of 10 in 10 categories, and if it gets an 80+ I would feature it.

~Pink Fedora
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:37 pm by Pink Fedora »

Offline Dale18

• autistic!
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 12:19 am »
App:

I think I will be capable for the editor job because I have been here for quite a while. I will look for great games that are ready to be featured. I will look very closely for good games. Lots of people have suggested me for reviewer and I feel like I will try for editor.

~Thank you for reading my app~

~Dale18.

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 02:59 am »
My Editor Application

Hello. I, Gamekid2011, would love to be a sploder MS Editor. I have quite a lot of reasons why I should be one.
I'm very active on sploder MS, I play games everyday. As I play many featured and non-featured games everyday, I know what qualities of games you need for a feature and how to tell if it is not feature worthy. Although I am not good at some games, I am excellent at PPG's and can get far enough into them to tell if they are feature worthy, I am also a PPG rater in ASG and give a lot of strong opinionated rates, so I am pretty experienced already. I'm not a reviewer or been on the MS for 2 years. However, I speak to many editors all the time and know their kind of editor duties that I will have to follow. I am a mature sploder member. I am quite a clever person. In a game, I look for new puzzles that I have might not have seen before or new concepts or story-lines that might help it to make the game feature worthy. I believe, out there on sploder, there are a lot of games that are un-noticed and deserve a feature. Now, because of all of the criteria I pass, if I make the lucky job of an editor for myself, I will make sure lots more well deserved games are featured.
ALSO - I will not abuse my powers by just featuring a game that is made by one of my friends. I take editing very seriously.

-Thanks For Reading My Application

~Gamekid2011
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:57 am by Gamekid »
MS Badges Held:

Main Site Moderator - Passed the test on: 29th April 2013
                                Badge given on: 1st May 2013

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Rubber Ducky

• 2013 me really had a taste for usernames
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 05:27 am »
EDITOR APPLICATION

Ah, I see there is a new recruitment, that's cool. Lets start this off, shall we? I would like to be a MS Editor because I think it would very interesting, it's always great having something new, isn't it? Members all around Sploder.com ask me if their games are review worthy, I always check, and then respond. When I make a review, I always write a title saying is the game feature worthy or not, and, of course, the reason. I think I have what it takes to be a MS Editor, and I would really like that. I was given the test about 4-5 months ago, and unfortunately, I didn't pass. But this time, I'll try much harder and I'll be more mature and I'll get lots of hope, believe me. Also, some of you consider deleting my reviews because they are terrible. Well, I guarantee you I will try harder with the Reviewer Badge and, if I pass, with the Editor Badge, that is a huge promise. I would watch out and feature games that are really feature worthy, I would be a loyal Editor and a very good one, believe me. I prefer all creators, so I will check all kind of games and see their real glory. So, I can be mature, I am trustworthy, friendly and I would really do a great job if I was given the Editor Badge. I'd be very thankful if you thank me, fellow person. ;P

Every game has it's own passion, it's own glory and light, there are many unknown talents, but if you vote for me, I will be the one to see it.

Thank you for reading this, I hope I am doing this right,
~milky
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:31 am by Milking »

Offline Red

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ MINJAZE YOU DASTARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 09:00 am »
Wait, so you can ask for this badge as well now?
Shadow ray cannon
Gold aurum axe
Shadow soul sword
9 bronze
17 silver
Golden exalted stake lance
Golden cross sword
1 phantoms
hp, phy def talisman
Hp and range attack talisman
Hp and speed talisman
Key
2 HP potion
Speed potion
Demon shard 1/5
3 Armour temp.
8 fish
1 lan. bow. temps.

Offline Hyperlink

• Launcher
  • @^@ What is that I see?
    • View Profile
    • Quantum Forums
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 09:02 am »
 I would like to ask for the editor test and state that I have been on sploder for 4 years on two seperate accounts, my current one 'shatteredglassx' and my older one 'mrcoolguy7'. If I receive and pass the test, I will try to reach out to long forgotten (Or new) members who have lot's of excellent games and feature them. I f I were to receive the test, I would definetely try my very best and hopefully become a very fair and successful editor.
Goals for 2013-
Reviewer- NOT YET
Editor- NOT YET
MSM- NOT YET
Soldier- NOT YET
3 Features- NOT YET

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 09:40 am »
Wait, so you can ask for this badge as well now?
no

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Online Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 02:13 pm »
no

You can, actually. However you need to have either 5+ thanks or have been on the MS for 2 years.
9 Bronze
1 Kava Berry
3 Phy Attack Potions
Bulk-Pulse Talisman
S. Void Jinx
1 gold cross sword
1 silver void jinx
1 silver Vortex Axe
1 shadow wraith bow
Sol Stone
10 Deer
2 silver
1 gold
2 fish

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 04:04 pm »
Application for editor

I think I should be editor because I have a sharp eye for excellent games

An editor features games with excellent qualities.

I think I should be editor because I have known loads of games that are unknown to the public that should be featured. Some consider me mature but not ready for Soldier which only affects this application a bit. Even though I don't have a feature I have seen a certain editor with no features but I do know a lot about a quality in and out of a game.

Every editor has to narrow the games to factors. If it has good scenery it has passed the first stage/ (whatever stage). Gameplay definitely has to be good then puzzles and traps (puzzles and traps are optional). Also the start of the game has to be good. If you get bored at the start you would stop the playing the game at the start. The thumbnail has to be appealing to others. A title is very important in game. Everyone would try a game if the title makes you curious. In each game there must be a limited amount of glitches. 1, 2 or 3 are fine. Any more than that means it's not feature worthy. Before featuring a game you need to go more in depth in a game. When you're sure of your decision. Ask some editors if they think it's feature worthy. You could get stripped of your badge if you feature a bad game.

Examples:
I think that the game Atraction is not feature worthy. It didn't look well thought through and needed to stick to the settings it was on on the other levels. The title didn't look that appealing because it had a word that was too simple. I wasn't curious enough to play the game.
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 05:09 pm »
You can, actually. However you need to have either 5+ thanks or have been on the MS for 2 years.
No, you don't just get the badge, there is still a test [application] that you have to take. (I know cause I meet the time requirement)

Promotions:

Online Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 05:34 pm »
No, you don't just get the badge, there is still a test [application] that you have to take. (I know cause I meet the time requirement)

Oh, he put ask for the badge. Sorry.
9 Bronze
1 Kava Berry
3 Phy Attack Potions
Bulk-Pulse Talisman
S. Void Jinx
1 gold cross sword
1 silver void jinx
1 silver Vortex Axe
1 shadow wraith bow
Sol Stone
10 Deer
2 silver
1 gold
2 fish

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 05:39 pm »
Oh, he put ask for the badge. Sorry.
It's ok, you just misread is all.

Promotions:

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2013, 01:19 am »
You silly people. You don't write an editor application, you get PMd it. Read the first page. :P
hi

Offline Proxy

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Little white punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2013, 01:47 am »
You silly people. You don't write an editor application, you get PMd it. Read the first page. :P
:O B- But...

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2013, 02:11 am »
Awh man. Oh well, it's done now  :P
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 02:14 am »
Awh man. Oh well, it's done now  :P
Wait never mind the first post has been updated so yeah.
hi

Offline Gamekid

• The Prankster
  • Mortar
  • Gamekid2011 here. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16 am »
Wait never mind the first post has been updated so yeah.
So we post a mini application? Cool.  :)
MS Badges Held:

Editor - N/A

Reviewer - N/A

Offline Rubber Ducky

• 2013 me really had a taste for usernames
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 09:41 am »
More than five thanks. Cool!

Offline Mr. Black Hole

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 08:44 am »
Why it's good, if I'm an Editor? Well, because I'm telling the truth about the games. I don't have reckless decisions, even if I don't really like, or prefer the given game. I have a good eye to say, why it should be a featured game, or why it isn't, especially the Platformer games, which is my best creator. I'm always going across the Main Site, checking people games, maybe I'll find a special, feature worthy game. If I find one, I'm telling my opinion,  don't bother if it's not the same what you've waited for. I try to fulfill always to everybody, and this is why I would be a good Editor.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:53 am by Mr. Black Hole »

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2013, 10:41 am »
Me, editor? Oh you don't HAVE to! (but you should). Oh, I so wish I could simply PM Moola and say "Me4Editor" but it just so happens, I am 6 SPLODE MONTHS BEHIND! Yea, been on this site for like..umm...1 year and 6 months.

I see games, I play games. You know, those things that people come here for. Hopefuls making and making and making. To be creative and make that REAL DEAL. Those things that instead of watching, like a movie, you play, to venture. Editors help realize their potential, so I think that is why I came to sploder >:D

There are games that startle me. Burst my applause-o-meter. Shoot my blood sucked up veins. To make me stick to the game. I have seen games that make me say, "that detail" or "fast...amazing" or simply, "Better than me". I am Reviewer so I guess I am supposed to know the diff between good and bad. It ticks me off how they say "the game is bad, doesn't deserve a review". I write negatives in reviews. In fact, I try to dig them out. Searching under rummages of good to find the negatives. If I can find negatives, I bet you money I can judge a game! I won't judge wrong! If I try...

Yeah, money! Speaking of money, moderator starts with M too! =D I see many posts that don't even need to be reported and so what do I do? CHECK THEIR GAMES! Easy as pie. Even if I don't, I am a reviewer. So yeah, 2 badges out of 3! Reviewing needs some serious diggin. Minecraft diggin' (actually, much better). I'll review a game (or even if I don't), then I say "so a feature?"

The perk of being an editor is the ability to give platinum awards. Shiny awards that (hopefully) blow your brain! Editors need to give those awards to people who got a feature T_T I must say. So maybe this wasn't my most intelligent post in the application, but you must admit they'd have to. '

Usually as members new, and old start up a little chat with me, me being a horrible chatter, I end up saying "any new games". There I go, I know a game to see.

Sometimes I get bored. Money can't buy me fun. So I look though an account. Check his/her friends games. Then I repeat the PROCESS.

Imma active. I support sploder. I hardly ever mock most of the desicions unless I feel it is really unfair. I support sploder! So I can support sploder games too. I don;t leave sploder usually. I like to keep this place a happy place. Editors can do a lot like that.

I always know how it feels to be like so unnoticed. I don;t wan't everyone to have that! I also comment on the unnoticed games to cheer up spirits and encourage them to continue making game! (I am pretty sure they would like it if an editor did that).  I give advice too. like the best.

I don't mind going different as long as no-one is annoyed. I don't like mainstream and will do the best decision I can make

So yeah I have

The Ability to Judge Games well: I am a reviewer and can dig negatives
Intelligence-See above, the wall of text ^_6
Experience-One month and 6 months approx. Even if it says 2 years on the MS. (btw, I also have experience in spelling. Its Experience, not Experiance)
Maturity-I have hit puberty, I suppose

So yeah, my app was the most calm, casual and really chill one here. I have the different outlook and long paragraphs are liek so boring. I like playing medium games. Even ones that look short. So yeaaah
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:59 pm by mshaafay »
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 10:22 am »
Score!
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline Mr. Black Hole

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 11:54 am »
Jesus, I found a small grammar mistake, and I edited it. (Is it allowed?)