Author Topic: '[Denied]' Gladiator  (Read 254 times)

Offline yogville

• Turret
    • View Profile
'[Denied]' Gladiator
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:25 pm »
Game Type: Classic Shooter

Creator: Matt7772

Game: Gladiator

Hey you probably will not know me because I am a sploder newbie and this is my first review. I will be reviewing a game called gladiator created by matt7772.

*How I found this game?*

I was just looking through the game sharing on sploder forums and I saw a thread by matt7772 about his game gladiator. It sounded cool so I thought I would go check it out and see what it was like.

*Pre Thoughts*

Before I played this game my thoughts were good. The thumbnail looked good. The beginning was quite hard and knocked of half of my health what didn't make me very happy. I was beginning to think is this game atcually that good? Is this just another boring shooter? Well lets find out in the game play.

*Game Play*

So as I said at the beginning I lost half of my health because of enemies. That got me quite annoyed when I knew in total there were 99 enemies to kill. As I go deeper into the game the game gets better. I loved how matt puts doors, and when you open the door you go onto the next stage of the game, I loved that. It's almost like he has added levels to the game. I also liked where he put the enemies aswell, the placements of the enemies where good.

Now let me tell you about the action in this game. There was hardly no puzzles in the game it was straight out stages and enemies and action! I am more into action games then puzzle games so this game really suited me. Killing the enemies and opening more stages with harder enemies in each stage is good action and a good game for me. When I loose the game and have to try again and again sometimes it does get quite boring but apart from loosing and trying to win again this game is amazing. I have always loved action games and this one is my favourite.

The game was good and could of took matt a long time to make it but I think with the enemies he rushed it a little. The first stage enemies had the same enemies on the third stage what was quite boring. It was like you know what was coming for you. It was a good game but he could of put some more enemies in for some of the stages. A little bit of health could of helped aswell but I supose in a action game you head out and kill everyone. This game was quite difficult to comeplete as I never did complete but I am sure I will be able to sooner or later.

As I said this game is quite difficult and hard to complete and I think he could of gave a little bit of health but at the same time I would rather he not because it would be more of a challenge. This game had a lot of action in it what I really liked and it was hard what made it challenging and thats what I like in a game a challenge and some action. So again overall nice game quite challening what I like and a full on action packed stage game again what I like so I think this game is pretty good and feature worthy to my opinion.

*Conclusion*

Well heres a question matt7772 said in the title of his thread "Gladiator (Pure action, no puzzles)"
Did this game meet its target? Yes I think so it was all action and no puzzles so I say well done to matt and a good game I think. This game is really good and I think will become extremly popular on sploder in a couple of weeks or days. I have faith in this game that it may get featured and become a great game on sploder.

*Postives*
Gameplay
Action

*Negatives*
Health
Boring

*Scoring*
Gameplay: 4/5
Action: 5/5
Placement: 4/5
Challenge: 4/5
Overall: 17/20

~Sorry For Any Bad Grammar~

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:50 am by yogville »

Offline bigtymer

• Launcher
    • View Profile
Re: '[Application]' Gladiator
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:05 pm »
Accepted. The grammar was good,The layout was A bit bad but otherwise it was A decent review.

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 04:07 pm »
Accepted. The grammar was good,The layout was A bit bad but otherwise it was A decent review.

You cannot accept or deny reviews.

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 04:10 pm »

Sorry, but you're not a recruiter, so you can't accept or deny.
INV:
SWITCHBLADE
BENT RAZOR
CHAINS

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:34 pm »
Sorry, but yeah, not a recruiter.

So, I am sorry, but I am going to deny this. You kept repeating the same main points and didn't go into that much depth of the actual game, other than the main objective, which you said many times. You also should work on grammar/word choice. Something I am going to tell you, "how I found this game" is pointless to add and pre-thoughts isn't supposed to be I like "the thumbnail and the game was fun".  You can re-apply in 2 weeks.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:23 pm »
I thought he was Caliman lol

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:11 am »

You cannot accept or deny reviews.

Wait Tbrem, you're a recruiter? O.o I guess the other thread wasn't updated when I checked.
#WCGP

Offline yogville

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47 am »
Awh denied I was on my phone and when I saw it saying appected by that guy I was well happs and now im on the pc and Iv checked its denied. Never mind so I try again in 2 weeks ok ::)

Offline G1

• Disruptor
  • ☆Just doing God's Work☆
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: '[Denied]' Gladiator
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 01:11 pm »
Better luck next time.
Nothing is impossible for me, because nothing is impossible.
To reach the best you got to search for people who are better than you.

Offline Eyenstein

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • rEbElAlS lIeUtEnAnT and NijkoLime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 02:25 pm »
You're Bigtymer's brother aren't you?
DERP and If birds can fly, so can potatoes.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃