Author Topic: [Denied] Newdrake City Beta by spidapig  (Read 158 times)

Offline Tudy

• Launcher
  • To win without risk is a triumph without glory.
    • View Profile
[Denied] Newdrake City Beta by spidapig
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:49 pm »
I will review Newdrake  City Beta by spidapig

=Introduction=

I want to take in consideration some few aspects that spidapig added to his simple and very original new game. First of all, I want to say spidapig presented a big
variety of games, so checking his page I found an abstract game.

=Some of my thoughts about the game =

Besides it’s simple idea and theme and it’s interesting and absorbing storyline, the puzzle is full of fun and it’s extremely challenging. The idea itself isn’t very attractive, but the way spidapig designed and projected the game was unique.

The scene and the other decorations are fine and the locations of battle are very different, creating one of the best fighting games I ever saw. The screenplays make the games’ fights to be more epic and challenging, in various places.

The enemies were really well placed, giving a realistic scene of a fight. Some elements are futuristic too, but the action and the storyline have a sense. Enemies, which in my opinion weren’t that important in the story, made the game harder to end. Anyway, still, I think they were needed in the storyline..

Idea was quite fresh and innovative and the perspective and gameplay were unusual in my option and I like it, I like playing a big variety of games. Games’ difficulty was very high due to hazards, enemies and puzzle traps. It will be a big challenge for everyone and I plan to finish it in the future.

The placement was good and the puzzles, which were a bit rarer because the game was more story-based and you had to kill enemies and accomplish tasks. Despite of that, puzzles were pretty good and the traps were complex.

So finally I realize how complex and how imaginative was the interesting story of an intruder who has to make his way and avoid the authorities in just a platformer game, created by one of the sploder’s best creator.

There weren’t many details, maybe because he wanted to make the gameplay simple and put in the evidence the story battles and I muss confess maybe the game would be a bit more attractive  with some themed decorations. 

After playing it a bit I thought it will become boring, an example are some of the featured games I played which had only a good start, I think the actions keeps being captivating from the moment you clicked the start button till you die.

So, at the one hand the game had  a simple design and the creator focused on the story and at the other hand he putted hard-to-avoid traps in the special screenplays of this games on the music which made the feeling and the experience deeper and intense.

In my opinion the game would be more interesting to see it as the collab of more people, maybe like lorderdar  who created some similar games, maybe a sequel with some  improved action would be one of the best featured games.

Back to the game,  I would like to see some fun, even dirty fun in the script of the characters, maybe giving more entertainment to the story and the game. Also, I would like to see some various themes and screenplays and less enemies who just slow you down and make the game boring.

I think the game had a first release on the forums and it’s been improved, now being a beta. I would like to see more levels and less action on the only one level, making like chapters of a story. The game has no bugs and I am pretty sure I played at least 60% of the game.

So, in the final of my thoughts, before some final impressions and conclusions, before the merciless rating and before some ending words, I would like to say I am disappointed because it’s the game isn’t really visited and also I am trying to get this masterpiece featured..

= So, some conclusions about everything=

Placements: Well placed blocks and traps, enemies placement wasn’t it’s best.

Gameplay: Simple and innovative, I am really interested of playing games with new gameplays.

Screenplays/Locations: Nice, the battle took place in different positions on the map, like sewers, town, building etc. and it was really fun to explore the game too.

Storyboard: Masterpiece, epic realistic story.

Bugs: No bugs as far as I played.

Difficulty: High, it’s a real challenge to beat it.

Rating:

Placement 4.3/5

Gameplay 5/5

Screenplay 4.8/5

Decorations 4.2/5

Addictiveness 4.5/5

Originality 5/5

Enemies 3.9/5
Overall: 4.5/5

=Worth to feature=

Yes, also I made this review to get this game popular and featured, because it’s worth. So, if all the featured games would be that fresh and interesting the featured games page would be cooler that Antarctica.

=Kthxbai=

So, in the end, it’s worth to play it, try it today and I hope I will see it on the featured games page.

Balanache.

NOTE: If anything in the review is a lie, I am extremely sorry and please delete that part.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:05 pm by Tudy »

Shadow Wraith Bow
Bulk-flare talisman
1 Silver
1 Bronze
2 Luna Stone
1 Sol Stone
1 Shadow Stone
=Baverages= (Ripto's Cafe)
6 Root Beer, 2 Cognac, 2 Vodka, 2 Pepsi Twist, 1 Espresso Coffee

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a poet and play the ukulele. I'm pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: [Application] Newdrake City Beta by spidapig
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:56 pm »
Denied.  It isn't specific where it needs to be.
For fifty and nine he swam along just fine, a mind that’s trained to see, always would know what goes on inside, goes on in me.

Offline Tudy

• Launcher
  • To win without risk is a triumph without glory.
    • View Profile
Re: [Application] Newdrake City Beta by spidapig
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:59 pm »
You mean the structure I made I guess. But what about the rest of it, my writing? And may I reapply with the same revew in 2 weeks?

Shadow Wraith Bow
Bulk-flare talisman
1 Silver
1 Bronze
2 Luna Stone
1 Sol Stone
1 Shadow Stone
=Baverages= (Ripto's Cafe)
6 Root Beer, 2 Cognac, 2 Vodka, 2 Pepsi Twist, 1 Espresso Coffee

Offline casper11

• Caspurr
  • Bugmeister
  • My cat is badass
    • View Profile
    • DeCAPS
Re: [Denied] Newdrake City Beta by spidapig
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 05:27 pm »
You mean the structure I made I guess. But what about the rest of it, my writing? And may I reapply with the same revew in 2 weeks?
Why would you reapply the same review? Your writing wasn't bad, just what Spida said.
Boo

Offline Spellmage

• Dr. King Shulz
  • Mogura
  • I am the milkman, my milk is deliscious
    • View Profile
Re: [Denied] Newdrake City Beta by spidapig
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 06:09 pm »
Um no, his writing was pretty flawed...
#WCGP