Author Topic: (Denied) Oops, hit a car  (Read 272 times)

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
(Denied) Oops, hit a car
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:18 pm »
Introduction.

Hello there.  Today I will be reviewing the game Parking Challenge by Dudki.  I chose to review this game because it was challenging.  One small mistake and you lose.  You have to do everything precisely.  If you turn too far, you hit a car.  If you go too far, you hit a guy.  Every move counts in this game.

Pre-Thoughts

PPG's usually don't get featured.  When I saw one, I thought it had to be good, and it was very good.  After the intro I started playing.  The car graphics weren't very good, but that didn't matter too much.  It was about the game.

The objective was simple.  Park your car.  Seemed easy, but I was proved wrong.  This game was very challenging, which is probably why it's called Parking Challenge.    Not too many puzzles in the game, but still a good game.  I guarantee it.

Gameplay.

As soon as I started I was impressed.  Great detail in the game.  Dudki did a great job on the decor.  He added things that weren't even needed!  That shows good detail.  The trees weren't needed, but they were added for good detail.

Level 2 was tricky.  There was a very crowded parking lot.  There was also hazards.  You have to dodge incoming cars.  You have to time when to go.  Once at the parking lot you have to dodge parked cars.  It was very tricky.  Once I swung by all the cars, I was on to level 3.

The hardest level was probably level 9, which makes sense because it's the last level.  I'm pretty sure it's the only level where you have to switch lanes right when you start.  If you didn't a car in your lane would come by and hit you.  That would mean bye bye to your car.

There was a pattern on level 9.  The roads where repetitive.  You got the hang of it once you did it twice.  The pattern was you drive up and get in-between two median strips.  Then once ready you drive down and do it again.  That was clever, Dudki. 

I was proud when I won.  It was an accomplishment.  I was swinging around cars for a long time.  I sadly was too slow to get on the leader board.  It took me over half an hour!  I was slow.

Ratings.

Difficulty:  5/5
Level Placement: 4/5
Enemy Placement: 4/5
Puzzles: 3/5
Creativity: 5/5

Overall:  21/25

Parking Chalenge got a good score.  It deserves that score.  Dudki worked hard on this game.  I'm glad it got featured.

That's my review.  I will see you next time, when I get bored and write a review.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:56 pm by Beefy »

Offline King Jeremy the Wicked

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • SPC Enterprises
Re: (Application) Oops, hit a car
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16 am »
Bump

Offline casper11

• Caspurr
  • Bugmeister
  • My cat is badass
    • View Profile
    • DeCAPS
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:19 am »
I would deny it, but you show real promise. I would like you to fix some issues I have and then PM it to me.

Issues
~Make it less walkthrough-y
~Make it longer
~Explain why you gave it the ratings you did.
Boo

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a poet and play the ukulele. I'm pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:36 pm »
I'm going to deny it.  This was a pain to read.  The sentence structure had no variation, and it really annoyed me by paragraph 2.  You never use commas and stuff, so you soud really boring and robotic when you type.
For fifty and nine he swam along just fine, a mind that’s trained to see, always would know what goes on inside, goes on in me.